I Miss My Light

The Charmed One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Sir, are you alright?”
“Oh, sorry, yeah.”
“Here you go, your ticket to South Korea.”
“Thank you.”
“Your dog is already back home, so you don't have to worry about him. Mr. Kim Jongin picked him up for you.”
“I appreciate your hard work, thank you.”
“You're very welcomed sir. Have a nice flight.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he grabbed his bags and walked towards the check in to get on the plane back home. To be honest, Chanyeol can't remember the last time he was in South Korea. 30 years has passed since Baekhyun... Since the world got back into balance. Chanyeol left South Korea for over 20 years ago, but he decided it was time to move back again.

 

“Mr. Park?”

 

Chanyeol stopped as he turned to find a young and nice looking man in suit, it wasn't hard to recognize him even though it has been 30 years. After all, they never change.

 

“Lay, nice to see you. I was just heading back home-”
“It has been so long! Gosh I have missed you!”

 

Lay hugged Chanyeol tight without any hesitation. Chanyeol smiled and hugged the little shorter male back before he let go. Lay had changed a little though, his hair was colored blonde and he got a little more muscles by now, he must have trained a lot the passed years.

 

“So, how has it been in the USA? Did you find any luck with what you searched for?”
“No... I'm still looking... I won't give up.”
“What are you looking for exactly now again? You never told us when you left?”
“I will tell you all, in time. But for now, I think we have a lot of other stuff to catch up on.”

 

Lay nodded big as he opened his mouth to tell Chanyeol everything that has happened since he left them. It feels good to listen to Lay's soft voice and his babbling, because it somewhat feels like he's going back in time. He's just waiting for that little person to show up again. Chanyeol have to find his little light again.

 

***

 

“Chanyeol, it's nice to see you again-”
“HYUNG! WELCOME BACK!”

 

Sehun stormed into the room as D.O came out with a tray with tea. Chanyeol smiled big at his friends as Suho just sighed. He can't even say one damn sentence before getting interrupted by Sehun. But it's understandable this time.

 

“How was the USA?! Was it fun?! Did they have bubble tea?! Oh tell me all about it!”
“Yah, calm down Sehun-ah. You're not a child anymore.”
“Don't say that! I'm not grownup!”
“We don't know why, but he has been like this the passed few weeks.”
“Luhan and Sehun had a fight again?”
“Who is Luhan?”
“Sehun, stop that crap.”

 

Sehun just sighed as he walked away to let Chanyeol sit down and rest on the couch for a while. D.O handled Chanyeol some tea as Chanyeol smiled a big thank you, then a certain dog came running in and barked loudly.

 

“Hi boy, there you are-”
“BACON! GIVE BACK MY WUSHU STICK!”

 

Chanyeol laughed at Bacon who held Tao's Wushu stick in his mouth as Xiumin and Tao came running in to catch the thief. Kris looked up from his book from the couch on the other side of the room and chuckled light. Then he returned to his book again and let Chanyeol “scold” Bacon. Though Bacon is too used to the scolding by now that he doesn't really care, but he doesn't do stuff like those normally either.

 

“Bacon is in a good mood, I'm happy to see that.”
“He has been in a bad mood lately?”
“To be honest, I think he misses someone special. You all know who I'm talking about, but I won't mention his name.”
“Hey Chanyeol... How are you feeling today? About him I mean.”
“Are you crazy? I miss him all the time and I'm still waiting for him to show up. I... I still imagine that B will just walk into the room one day and smile at me... But I know it won't happen. But I... I miss my light.”
“I wonder if Bacon truly remembers Ba-”
“Don't say his name, Bacon will start to howl like he's calling B. Trust me, I have tried. Even though Bacon is not around, as fast I mention his name, Bacon will start to howl even though he's on the top floor and can barely hear me.”
“Let's talk about something else, to cheer the mood up.”
“How was the USA now again?”

 

***

 

“It's nice to see you're back home, Chanyeol.”
“Yeah, I feel the same to be honest. I have missed this.”
“You needed your own time, it's understandable.”
“Yeah, but... I still can't let him go... I don't know what's wrong with me.”
“I... I'm going to be honest Chanyeol, you're the unlucky one here. Everyone got their lover as a vampire while you... Well...”
“I couldn't force him, D.O. He looked to be really scared when I suggested it to him and whenever I told him that it would be the best for us both, he just smiled and tried to change the topic. And when I finally got him to think about it, the demons showed up. And after that...”
“I'm sorry about everything Chanyeol. If there were anything we could do-”
“There is actually one thing you can do for me.”
“W-What? R-Really? Is that why you came back?”
“Yes and no. I need your help, but I also want to tell you something.”
“When and where?”
“After dinner tonight would be nice.”
“I will bring out some nice wine and some fresh blood, is that okay with you?”
“I'm fine with that.”

 

D.O smiled as he left, he most have understood that Chanyeol had some good news to them. But right now, Chanyeol wants to close his eyes and think back about his life. He wants to bring out the memories of him and a certain person. He just wants to be happy again, he just wants him back.

 

***

 

“So, you got some news for us, yes?”
“Yes I do. I know that I should have told you about this for over 20 years ago... But I had my doubts about this and I wasn't sure if it was true or not.”
“Please tell us, what do you want to tell us?”
“Some few years after B died, Onew came by with a book that was weirdly enough to me. The book was all about Baekhyun's life.”
“Ah, you said it. You said Baekhyun.”
“Yeah, Bacon is asleep and I made sure that he would sleep the whole night.”
“You drugged him?”
“Kind of, but nothing dangerous. I promise.”
“How old are Bacon?”
“30 years old.”
“That's scary for a dog.”
“Baekhyun's magic has kept him alive and I believe that Bacon is immortal just like us.”
“It's amazing though, don't you think?”
“It is, but I have to continue about the other thing. This book told me a lot about Baekhyun's life, the part we didn't know that much about, but also about his life with us until the very end. I thought it would end just like that, with Baekhyun's death and all. But I was wrong. There were something written on the last page in that very book.”
“W-What was it?”
“It was written Baekhyun's own handwriting. Everything isn't over yet, Chanyeol. That is what it stood. I got a little... confused by the words. I tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter