Alive

The Charmed One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol felt how his legs couldn't bear him any longer. Chanyeol fell to his knees as the tears streamed down on his face and dripped down to the floor. Chanyeol felt how his trembling hand carefully dared to touch the pale hand, but he got scared that the hand would disappear into a cloud of dust if he grabbed it too hard.

Chanyeol felt the pale hand in his, it felt so soft yet it felt so cold. Chanyeol felt how the tears just streamed down his face as he tried to control his trembling hand. The hand is real, he can feel the flesh but there is no pulse, it seems to be no life in the pale body.

 

“Oh my god...”
“I-It can't be...”
“C-Chanyeol...”
“I-It must be a trap-”
“It's not a trap.”

 

Everyone turned fast to a voice that came from somewhere behind them. Chanyeol stared at Onew who stood in the door opening and had his arms crossed over his chest. Chanyeol couldn't stand up, his legs are still too shocked.

 

“O-Onew! Y-You're back!”
“Chanyeol, be careful with that body.”
“S-Sorry...”
“No, I'm not saying that you can't touch it. But I'm saying that you still got a chance to fix things. You can still save him.”

 

Bacon came running into the room and saw what Chanyeol sat beside. Bacon howled as he sprinted over to Chanyeol, but Chanyeol stopped Bacon from touching the cold body. He can't risk it, he doesn't want Bacon to accidentally hurt the body.

 

“B-But there is no life inside the-”
“Of course not, the body needs a soul like everyone else.”
“T-Then how am I supposed to save him?!”
“Calm down, you have come this far, don't mess it up.”
“You knew all this time! How could you not tell me?! I could have saved him for a long time ago! I could have gotten him back and everything would be perfect again!”
“Don't take me wrong, Chanyeol. I didn't know where the body were and I didn't know that this would happen. I just heard you came back and when I didn't find you back at home, I figured that you must have come here. And when I saw the body, I understood that you have gotten a second chance. Don't rush things, you have to be careful. If I'm not wrong, that is a magical body. I think you wasn't allowed to find it until the body was totally rebuilt.”
“S-So you're saying... That this is just a body...? A lifeless... body?”
“You can see it like that or you can see it like a body waiting to wake up.”
“H-How can I... get his soul back?”
“You have to gather his magic, it was spread all over the world, but not anymore. You can gather some of his magic near here.”
“How do you know so much about this?”
“Well... I got to know a wizard once, he told me a lot about this. He was the one who created this spell as well, in hope to save people who deserved to live a little longer.”
“I can't believe it...”
“If I would be you, I would start gathering his magic. After all, I think you have missed him enough, right?”

 

Chanyeol stared at the pale body as Bacon sat beside Chanyeol and whimpered and carefully the pale hand. Chanyeol felt how the tears still streamed down his face as he felt how the hope woke up inside him. He can still save him. He can still save his light.

He can still save Baekhyun.

 

***

 

Chanyeol sat beside the pale body and stared at the pale face. It looks just like Chanyeol remembers it, it's a little feminine but it still shows Baekhyun's manly features. Chanyeol let his hand carefully the cold face, he wishes Baekhyun would wake up and look at him. He just wants to kiss him again, he wants to hold Baekhyun in his arms and cry until he can't cry anymore.

 

“Chanyeol? There you are.”
“How did it go? Any luck?”
“For once, yes. We got a whole bottle with magical water.”
“I'm happy to hear that. We only need five more bottles then, if Onew is right.”
“The more bottles, the greater chance we got to save him.”
“I should go and search for some magic as well.”
“You don't have too, we already got 7 people working on it already.”
“But the more who are searching, the faster we can wake him up. And I don't want Baekhyun to wake up and find out that I didn't do anything useful. He would scold me and think I'm an idiot.”
“He wouldn't think that, he would understand why you refused to leave his side.”
“Still, I can't stand to sit here and just wait. I want him to wake up... I want to hug him so badly, but I'm too scared to touch him. I barely dare to hold his hand.”
“You can't hurt him like this, Onew told you that, remember?”
“I know, but I think that I need to get out a little as well. I need to help, it feels wrong to let everyone work hard while I'm just sit here and waits for them to come back. The more bottles the greater chance is it that Baekhyun wakes up again.”

 

Chanyeol stood up, though his eyes barely could leave Baekhyun's face, the pale skin and he felt how he couldn't let go off Baekhyun's hand. Chanyeol took a step back and carefully let go off Baekhyun's hands before he turned around fast and begun to walk towards the door where Xiumin stood.

 

“Here, an empty bottle.”
“I already got one-”
“The more bottles, the better. You might find a big source, you never know.”
“You're right Xiumin, thanks.”
“No problem, but I better go back to the cleaning. This place is so dirty, it's almost scary.”
“Haha, I know. Will you... watch over him for me?”
“Of course! Me and D.O will be here all the time! We will watch over him carefully, we promise. Now go out and get that damn magic so we can wake up Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and nodded before he walked out of the door. He felt how hard it was to not look at Baekhyun, to not stay by Baekhyun's side and watch over his body until he would wake up. Chanyeol wanted to turn around and go back, but he can't. He just forced himself to walk down the dark corridor and out to the piano room.

Chanyeol walked fast down the stairs as he put the extra bottle he got from Xiumin down in his pocket. He walked pretty fast towards the door as he passed the kitchen and stopped dead when he saw D.O stand and cry silent in the kitchen.

D.O seemed to hold a photo in his hands as he sighed and sobbed at the same time. Chanyeol carefully cleared his throat as D.O was fast to put away the photo and smiled big, though Chanyeol already knew that D.O had been crying. Chanyeol walked over to D.O and glanced down at the photo, on the photo were a big group picture of them during Christmas. The same year Chanyeol had confessed to Baekhyun.

 

“Are you alright, D.O?”
“Y-Yes, o-of course I am.”
“Hey, he will come back. Everything will go back to old times, I promise you.”
“It's kind of funny you know.”
“What's funny?”
“For 30 years ago, you where the one who cried the most and today you're so strong and confident. Don't take me wrong, but I find it funny how strong you can be sometimes.”
“I'm not strong D.O... I... I failed to protect Baekhyun... I'm not strong, but I want to save him. I only got one chance to actually save him and it's now or never.”
“Y-You're going out to hunt you too?”
“Yes, because I can't stand to be here and do nothing. You and Xiumin have to watch over Baekhyun and the house, we others will work hard to get the bottles filled up.”
“Okay, then be careful Chanyeol. Here, a map where you might find magic sources. Onew gave it to us, the others have taken those three. You can take one of these.”
“Thanks, then I'm off. Are you sure you're alright?”
“I'm fine! Now go.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he walked towards the door and stepped out of the house. It's the first time he has stepped out of the house since he came here, which means it was two months since he actually went outside. It feels kind of good to get some fresh air, but it feels so damn uncomfortable to leave Baekhyun like this.

But it's okay, Xiumin and D.O is here to watch the body. And soon they got enough with magic to save Baekhyun. Soon they got enough magic to wake Baekhyun up. Soon Chanyeol can finally get back his little light. Soon he can finally be happy again.

 

***

 

“No luck today either huh?”
“How many months longer do we have to wait?”
“Until we got more bottles, we have to wait.”
“Maybe we should have asked Onew to help us to find more?”
“He told us we need at least two more bottles.”
“Where is Chanyeol?”
“He's out and is searching, he left for some days ago.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter