The Secret Passage

The Charmed One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N P.O.V

Chanyeol has talked with Onew and the others about Baekhyun who isn't fully human: he is something more powerful than a human. They had talked for around two hours and the time is around 10 am. Chanyeol wants to go back to Baekhyun's house and see his lovely boyfriend. He wants to talk with Baekhyun about everything he just learned, but something is scaring him.

He can't help but to think about what Onew told him. Chanyeol must turn Baekhyun into a vampire and he only have a month to convince his boyfriend to become a vampire or else Onew will forcefully turn him into one. Chanyeol hates the thought of Onew forcing Baekhyun into a vampire, but he hates the thought of trying to force Baekhyun into a vampire himself. Chanyeol only has one option if he doesn't want Baekhyun to get hurt or feel like Chanyeol has betrayed him: he has to convince him to become a vampire on his own, no matter what.


 

***


 

Baekhyun has looked through a couple of old and new pictures in his living room. He has laughed and cried a little with Bacon in his arms: the pictures brought both joy and tears. He also thought a little about his life and realized that sooner or later he and Chanyeol won't be able to be together. Maybe it's time for him to tell Chanyeol that they should breakup before it brings them any more pain than what it already does?

Baekhyun also tried to think about other things because he loves Chanyeol too much and he doesn't want to breakup with him. He wants Chanyeol by his side until death separates them. So to forget his depressing thoughts, Baekhyun decided to play on his piano. But he noticed that he only plays depressing songs, so he desperately searched for more cheerful songs in the bookshelf in the piano room.

What he didn't know was that he would discover something new and mystical behind his own bookshelf, in the piano room on the second floor...


 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol walks into his room and changes his clothes quickly. He wants to be fresh when he goes over to Baekhyun's house, after all Baekhyun likes to shower often and he likes to stay fresh. Chanyeol discovered a couple of weeks ago that Baekhyun showers quite often and therefor he tries to stay as fresh as possible himself since he thinks Baekhyun would like that as well.

He fixes his hair slightly before he grabs his keys and phone. He chuckles every single time when he grabs his keys since he and the others had to go and make 11 copies out of one key. The man who made the copies was so shocked that they had to explain over and over again that they're all living in one big house and needs a key each. In the end they got their keys, but they wasted around 2 hours to convince the man that they weren't lying or that it wasn't a prank.

He steps out of his room and walks towards the hallway. The living room is now more or less empty. The older ones (Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin) has already left, they have better things to do than to sit here all day. Suho hurries over to Chanyeol before he manages to leave the house and Kris joins them shortly while Suho lets out a long and tired sigh.


 

“Don't forget to talk with Baekhyun about what the older ones said, okay lover boy?”
“Promise me that you will try everything you can to convince him. Don't wait for too long before you bring up the topic. After all, Baekhyun is our friend too and we don't want him to get hurt. You feel the same, right?
“I will talk to him as fast as I find an opening. I will see you later guys.”


 

Suho and Kris let Chanyeol go as the giant steps out of the house. He quickly begins to walk towards Baekhyun's house with the warm sun shinning brightly over his head. A small smile spreads across his lips when he thinks about a stupid myth the humans believe in. They believe that vampires can't stand in the sun and that if they do stand in it, they will explode into dust or start dazzling (if you think about that Twilight movies). Chanyeol chuckles and shakes his head slightly: he's not exploding or dazzling right now, is he? No, therefor it's all just a stupid myth.

He walks with his sunglasses on and smiles for himself. The weather is fantastic today. He bets that Baekhyun is sitting inside and is reading with Bacon whimpering in his lap. Another chuckle escapes his mouth while he pictures his lovely boyfriend in front of him with one of his books and Bacon besides him. Baekhyun looks so intelligent whenever he reads, Chanyeol finds it quite y to be honest and it's hard to not stare at him. If someone would guess who is the vampire between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, they would probably say Baekhyun. Why? Because Baekhyun is sitting inside of his room and reads quite a lot. He only goes out when Bacon needs it or when Chanyeol asks him too. Else he rarely goes out even if there is a nice weather, like today.

He finally arrives to Baekhyun's house and steps up to the door. He hits the doorbell before he takes a step back and waits for Baekhyun to come and open it for him. He waits patiently for the smaller man while listening carefully, but he can only hear Bacon bark from the inside. Baekhyun is definitely home since he never leaves Bacon alone for very long.


 

“Baekhyun, it's me! It's Yeolie!”


 

He tries to hit the doorbell once more and listens to Bacon's barking and whimpering. Where is Baekhyun? It almost seems like Bacon doesn't know where Baekhyun is either. Chanyeol looks through a window into the kitchen, but he only sees the little Bacon stand and bark at the door. Seriously, where is Baekhyun? Why isn't he opening the door or wondering what Bacon is barking at?

Chanyeol walks over to the door and quickly tries to open it: to his surprise it's unlocked. He steps into the house and looks around, but Baekhyun is nowhere to be found. He closes the door behind him and kicks off his shoes before he crouches down to little Bacon. He greets the fluffy dog who his hand happily and whimpers slightly.


 

“Hey buddy, how are you doing? Where is Baekie?”


 

The little puppy whimpers and begins to bark, but Chanyeol gets the feeling that Bacon isn't barking at him. He looks around before he walks over to the bathroom and knocks on the door. Maybe Baekhyun is taking a shower? He does take a lot of showers and it wouldn't surprise him if he's in there. He tries to hear if Baekhyun is inside the bathroom, but it's totally silent. Something begins to feel wrong.


 


 

“Baekhyun, are you in there?”


 

Chanyeol waits a couple of more seconds before he tries to open the door. The bathroom's door is also unlocked and he can easily step into the room. Of course the bathroom is as empty as the rest of the house. No Baekhyun in here either. He walks over to Baekhyun's room and looks around: has something happened while he was gone? There are no signs of a fight here, but Baekhyun is nowhere to be found either.


 

“Where is he...? Did he go to the store to buy groceries?”


 

Chanyeol walks over to the kitchen and looks into the fridge, but it's filled with food. Nothing seems to be needed, so Baekhyun is probably not grocery shopping. Chanyeol sighs and jumps up on a kitchen bench. He sits on it and tries to think of other places Baekhyun could be at. Where is Baekhyun and why is Bacon all alone? Why is the puppy whimpering like that?


 

“Do you need to take a walk?”


 

The puppy barks at Chanyeol, but he's not sure if that was a yes or no. He sighs as he gets off the bench: he will take bacon out for a small walk. He puts on the dog leash on the little Bacon before he takes him out to the warm and nice weather. The puppy seems a little unsure to leave the house at first, but after a while he begins to jump around and run in circle out of happiness.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter