Like The First Time

The Charmed One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeols P.O.V

Time passes you fast, literally. When they came to the house, it was like one or two months after school had begun again. But now, it's already winter and soon Christmas again. Chanyeol smiled for himself as he planed his surprise for Baekhyun with D.O and Lay who giggled happily. Right then came Key in and stared confused and curious at them as he walked over to them.

 

 

“What are you giggling about? Is it something funny?”
“Promise to not tell anyone about this then, but we're planing a surprise for Baekhyun.”
“Oh? Is it his birthday soon or something?”
“No, it's soon our 1 year adversary, and I want to show him how much he means to me.”
“Aha, then maybe I can help? I have had a lot of those and is an expert.”

 

 

The others let Key join them, since he seemed to know a lot of these kind of things. They sat and discussed their ideas until Taemin came in, and they were fast to pretend like they were talking about something else.

 

 

“So, it's okay if we celebrate Christmas and new year here too then?”
“Yeah, it's no problem. I can help you cook the food and I bet Taemin would love to take the dishes-”
“No way! I'm out from here!”

 

 

Taemin was fast to turn around and left, making the others laugh quiet and continued with their conversation until they realized that if they don't split up soon, someone will figure out that they're hiding something.

 

 

“But we do as we planed now then, okay?”
“Okay, but just one more little question, what about Baekhyuns parents?”
“I talked to them, they want him during Christmas for themselves, and it's understanding. So I thought that he would get a break from us all and we would prepare the surprise before New year.”
“Just a question, when was it when you got together?”
“You can say it was after I kissed Baekhyun under the mistletoe and confessed for him.”
“Aw! I remember that time! You two were so cute and you was so scared to let Baekhyun know you liked him for real.”
“Yah, it was my first time to confess like that to someone. But you can say like I said that it was on Christmas eve.”
“Kya, that's so cute! But you can't celebrate your 1 year adversity until after Christmas, which is too bad.”
“Yeah, but I get more time to fix my surprise. Anyway, lets split up now.”

 

 

Everyone agreed with Chanyeol who walked out from the kitchen, meeting Baekhyun who was on his way in. God they were lucky that they just split up.

 

 

“Ah, Baekhyun, I was just about to look after you.”
“I was looking for you, you promised to take a walk with me and Bacon today!”

 

 

Chanyeol laughed and nodded with a smile. He followed Baekhyun to the hallway and they got all their jackets and clothes on, and Bacon who had grown up to a adult dog had long warm white fur. Baekhyun had trained Bacon pretty good since he was a puppy. Bacon does whatever he says and he doesn't even need any dog leash anymore.

 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyuns hand, walking out with the boy as they talked a little. Chanyeol tried to make Baekhyun to tell him what he wanted for Christmas, but he just kept say that he didn't want anything special.

 

 

“By the way, I just remembered something, do you still have that necklace I gave you?”
“You have given me a necklace?! Oh my, where is it?!”
“I-It's okay, it wasn't technically not from me.”
“Uh? What do you mean with that? I can't remember if I ever gotten any necklace from you. Kya! I'm so mean!”
“No, it's okay. You have been thinking about more important things. Don't worry, it's okay, really.”
“You sure? I mean, you must have been through a lot of struggling for that necklace.”
“Not really, seriously, it's okay.”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled kind at Baekhyun who blushed shy, “how could he lose something like a necklace” he thought. Chanyeol just laughed it off and changed the topic to not make him walk around worried about that anymore.

 

 

“So, how is it going with your magic? Is it getting better?”
“The basics is hard to learn, but according to La Folia, I'm making huge progress. But something is bothering me again.”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled and let Baekhyun explain his worries. Since that night when he found Baekhyun with La Folia, talking about him being to scared to talk with him, they have finally made things clear and they can talk to each others about everything. Or almost everything, Chanyeol doesn't want to tell Baekhyun about his past, not yet anyway.

 

 

“I'm worried that my parents will found out about me being a wizard and freak out and leave me again. I mean, we just fixed our problems and all, but now I'm scared that they will see me like a freak.”
“No, they won't. If they truly love you, they should support you and don't care about what you are. As long you have your heart in the right place.”
“I never dared to ask you Chanyeol, but since we have soon known each other for over a year and almost been together for a year, I want to ask... How was you in the past?”
“My past... Isn't that good. I don't want to scare you away-”
“Yah, I have told you everything about me, and I'm as open to you as I can. Don't you think it's my turn to help you?”
“You're right. Well, it's a long story, I hope you won't get to bored nor scared.”
“Come on, out with it. I will listen patiently.”
“I was a calm kid when I was little, and I was born for a long time ago. I helped my parents on the farm and we tried our best to pay in all those high taxes and to make enough food to survive the cold winter. Well, that time you didn't live for so long, if you were lucky you could turn 30 without get to sick. I was lucky, but not my little sister. She got sick easily and it was dangerous to just have a cold back then. But she made it through the winter when I was 20, and then this vampire came. He was a normal man, but he tried to steal food from us. I caught him and he almost killed me, but felt sorry for me so he turned me to a vampire. After that, I went crazy. My body, it wouldn't do as I wanted and in the end, I happened to kill them. I happen to kill my family, and my still sick sister. I was in depression for years, and just wanted to die. I jumped of cliffs, tried to get killed by wolves, stab myself, get killed by other humans, but it didn't work. I was going to live, cause I was immortal. Some hundred years after that, I found our friends, who have their own story to tell. They took me in and helped me to get on a better way. After all, I was like a murderer back then. I killed because I didn't know how to control my body, and my mind didn't seem to work. But they taught me to control myself and I learned more about my new life and what I need to do. I understood that I can't take out my anger on innocent people, and you can actually say I was a monster before. But I was still a little depressed and unsure about my life, when I saw how you had it. When I met you, I begun to understand that I had it hard for hundred years ago, but you had it hard now. I felt sorry for you, because I could understand how you must have been feeling. Therefor I watched you, I kept be around you and somehow I feel in love with you. And that's pretty much my story.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded, probably still taking in all this information. Chanyeol smiled at the boy as he squeezed his hand harder. To be honest he's worried, maybe even a little scared. What if Baekhyun let go of his hand, let go of him totally and let him get lost again, get lost and turn into something he really doesn't want to become. He want to be like this, be happy with someone who loves him, someone who can maybe understand him better than anyone else.

 

Chanyeol felt how his grip tighten around Baekhyuns hand, he couldn't help it, he just don't want him to leave him. If he do, who knows what will happen to Chanyeol and to him. What if Chanyeol goes mad and happen to kill him like he did with his own family. He never wants to do that, never.

 

 

“Don't worry Chanyeol, I won't leave you. You can be calm, I promise. I won't leave you because for what you have done, nor what you are. I will be with you, until the day I die or you die.”

 

 

Chanyeol almost stared confused down at Baekhyun who smiled big and tighten his grip around Chanyeols hand. Baekhyun stopped and let his hand reach Chanyeols cheek it before he pulled him down in to a kiss that reminded Chanyeol about their first kiss.

 

They pulled out again as Baekhyun smiled and Chanyeol smiled back, remembering why he fell in love with this boy. He finally understand something, with Baekhyun beside him, he won't need to worry about turning into a monster. Baekhyun will remind him about how it is to be human, and he will always love him until the very end.

 

 

“I love you my little puppy.”
“I love you to my lovely vampire.”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled as Baekhyun grabbed his hand and pulled him with him as they walked through the snow covered woods, just talking and enjoying the time with each others.

 

 

Baekhyuns P.O.V

“Mom! Dad!”

 

 

Baekhyun hugged his parents tight as they smiled and greeted him home. Baekhyun know that they know he hasn't been to school for over three months, and they should be scolding him, but they didn't. Instead they kept babbling about how much they have to do and how fun it would be to celebrate Christmas with each others again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter