Someday, (I'd move on)

One Shots Collated

Sometimes hit, sometimes miss, it’s always like that
Just do it right tomorrow, it’s just a small mistake

-

The long strides backwards, not knowing if Dongho knew he was moving backwards. Kiseop slid as he practised, only realising that the mirror image he had been so used to seeing just became fuzzy. It was the wall, Dongho was before him, not behind. Just leaning against the wall for a break as the other six bodies moved as one, Kiseop sighed.

He messed up a lot.

Was it really what he thought it was, or was it just naturally this way? He wasn’t one to make so many mistakes.

Or it was just because there was always someone making more mistakes than he did...?

Even Kevin was especially frantic this time round, falling down (literally) many more times than he usually did. Also, the younger member who is usually a lot more flexible, kept being unable to get the right moves down accurately.

“Our comeback, it’s not long away.” Soohyun bit his lower lip, biting back not only his worries. “Kiseop-ah, get some water.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Eli stared cautiously as Kiseop did as he was told. “Want me to go with you?”

Kiseop nodded gratefully, taking Eli’s hands while looking at himself in the mirror, the tired face with perspiration dripping down his chin.

Knowing how tight their schedule was, everyone understood the sadness in those eyes. Kiseop, too, wanted so badly to get things right, not only in the dance.

-

Sometimes bottom, sometimes top, sometimes number 1
Getting first place, you can only go down

-

This time’s comeback, as every other, was very important. Once the songs are released, the music video would follow, and many, many performances would too.

Which means Mnet, Music Core, Music Bank, Inkigayo.

And once again, Soohyun hopes their fans could grant them just one wish. He doesn’t know if it’s too much to ask for, and he does know how badly everyone tries to help them, but just once, he aches to win.

Hoonmin patted his back, giving him a curious look with a pass of a new water bottle. Giving a thankful smile while opening the bottle of water and then gulping down its contents like a dehydrated fish, Soohyun shook his head.

It’s never the members’ worries for this sort of thing. They have been working hard as much as he did, but as a leader, he needs to do more.

Sometimes, he pulls the fault of their loss, or just the lack of a win, to himself.

Secretly, he too, cries.

“Are you stressing yourself out once more?” The younger member sighed, squeezing the leader’s hands tightly. “Don’t.”

-

Without it, just live without it
It’s just greed you have before you win it

-

As a member of a previous boyband, Jaeseob knows very well how badly every singer wanted to gain recognition. As long as victory comes into sight, anyone would want it. It was just how much the members could hide their desire.

But sometimes, he wonders if all these sweat and pain was worth for something so insignificant.

He was a lot more carefree, a lot less concerned, although that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. But seeing the disappointment that follows right after the dashed anticipation, was it really worth all the raised hopes?

And then, if God gives them the chance, what would they do after they win?

“Hyung, how do you do that fall properly? I think my knee hurts.” Dongho pouted, demonstrating the way he fell before wincing. “There’s a bruise there already. You must know how to do, right? You don’t even flinch!”

Jaeseob smiled, instantly falling to the ground before laughing. “Silly kid.”

Was the thing they were fighting for, he asks himself, really the win? Seeing Dongho this way, it seemed like the thought never did crossed his mind. Then, what was Dongho putting his best foot forward for?

-

Your suffering now, is a sign of your hard work
Everybody knows you tried
Everybody knows it’s alright

-

"I can't, can't, breathe." Hoonmin coughed violently, gasping for air. He put his hand over his chest as if trying to cease the painful pounds against his ribcage.

"Rest!" Kevin frowned, forcing the fellow member on the chair. "Stop pushing yourself, you're going to faint!"

"Don't be stupid." Soohyun added, nodding. "I'm not going to let you off if anything happens to you."

Jaeseob brought a bottle of water and gave it to Hoonmin, whose lips were paler than a ghost's. "Drink."

There wasn't much to argue against. He was thirsty to death.

The other members went to get their perspiration wiped off carefully so the make-up wouldn’t be ruined, and Kiseop was practising his moves before the fan, causing him to be scolded since his hairstyle was messed up by the artificial wind.

The last member stayed with Hoonmin, patting his back. “They can all tell, don’t do this to your body.”

Panting, Hoonmin understood Jaeseob’s subtle words immediately. Probably, he too, didn’t want to bring U-KISS’s name down. He didn’t want to be a burden, he wanted to advance in the industry with the members he had grown attached to.

And seeing how Eli pointed at him with a goofy smile, probably so the make-up artist could find him and touch up on the smeared eyeliner, Hoonmin decided it was possible to believe those words.

-

You get some right, you get some wrong
Although tiring, there will be days to smile
When you fall down, when you get up
Although tiring, there will be days to smile,
eventually a day to smile will come

-

Training harder, because he knew he was never a good singer, he let a tune slip out of his lips. Eli wrinkled his forehead when he thought something sounded wrong. Testing the notes one by one, it sounded even weirder.

“It’s too flat.” Soohyun sang the same tune, motioning for the younger member to try again.

Eli did, and groaned when the tune just couldn’t leave his lips without shaking. The shake caused his notes to be out of tune once more, and that made everything a lot worse.

“You’re too nervous.” The leader said, pinching Eli’s cheeks affectionately. “Give me a funny face.”

The younger one raised a curious eyebrow, before rolling his tongue and crossing his eyes. Soohyun laughed loudly, and Eli laughed at Soohyun’s ridiculous laughter. Clutching both their stomachs, the two had to look away for a minute before being able to catch their breaths.

“Sing again.” Soohyun said kindly, patting Eli’s shoulder encouragingly.

And miraculously, the notes were all right.

Eli stretched his lips unconsciously, flashing the brightest smile.

-

If it’s separation, just let her go
She might show lying tears, maybe it wasn’t destiny
People who have to go, just go
Sure, being next to them, it might happen

-

Kevin grabs onto the bar, tightening his grip around the wooden rod of sort, trying to catch his breath. His legs were wobbling slightly, and his chest was heaving heavily. His world was spinning.

The lights in the practice room were switched off, and despite being unable to see, the memories in his head flashed brightly, blinding him. There were tears in his eyes threatening to fall once more.

When their dance practises were done with, one member always stayed till he was out with them.

Times when he’s alone, he couldn’t help but miss Kibum. It might be selfish of him, to only remember the older member when there’s no new dance moves to memorise, no new lyrics to remember, no new tune to sing along to, but obviously he does.

He just didn’t think he does. He thinks he’s too busy to miss someone, Kevin would say, before laughing the issue of dismissively.

That at night, when remembering the scene of them running through the songs in the recording room, he would see Kibum at the back of his mind.

“Kev, are you still in there?” Kiseop knocked on the door and introduced light to the younger member. “Are-Are you crying?”

“I’m fine.”

Kiseop didn’t say a word more, plainly putting an arm around Kevin and hugging him tightly from the side.

-

Being tired right now, it’s just evidence of your love
Everybody knows you tried
Everybody knows it’s alright

-

Dongho rested his chin on the palm of his hand while scrolling through his Twitter timeline on his newest iPad. Alexander was quoting some weird person in English again, and Dongho tried guessing what the mass of English words were trying to say.

“Life isn't always friendly. Learn to smile and see it from the right angle. You'll see your life isn't that hard.” Dongho said, trying his best to remove his accent by repeating the line again.

“What are you doing?” Kevin smiled, leaning over the younger’s shoulder. “A-Alexander-hyung…”

“Hyung, what does this mean?" Dongho questioned, repeating the sentence for the older member.

"It's how life treats people badly sometimes, but if you see it from another perspective, it isn't as difficult to overcome the obstacle as you think." Kevin explained, slightly confused when Dongho nodded in agreement.

"True words." Dongho sighed. "They always hurt."

Kevin was sure, their magnae missed Alexander dearly. With a soft smile, he Dongho’s head lovingly. “Ice-cream?”

“Hyung…” Dongho called out, arms circling around Kevin’s body with his eyes closed, memorising the comforting warmth.

-

The past is the past is the past
Previous memories that has now ended,
It’s the past, the long painful days
The past is the past is the past
The days to forget you

-

Soohyun glanced at every member’s face, as if questioning. He got a nod from each and every one of them, even a soothing smile from Kevin.

“Are you guys ready?” Soohyun asked, though already knowing the answer.

Stretching out his hand and placing it in the middle, the members started stacking their hands over each other’s.

“One,”

“It’s the dazzling comeback stage-“

“Two,”

“Of seven very charismatic and pretty boys, and they’re bringing you to Neverland!”

“Three!”

“U-KISS!”

“Fighting!” The seven voices shouted in unison.

-

Everybody wins sometimes
Everybody knows you lose some
Eventually a day to smile will come

-

I apologise that it's a bit disjointed, maybe. I just wrote whatever I wanted to write, and the writing style also differs a little from how I usually write, or at least that's what I think.
Title can be interpreted in any way. Like, moving on from pinning on number one, moving on from Feb 23 issue, moving on like literally just moving on, or anything. Try to be as creative as possible, and you can include your interpretation in the comment box below :)