Resignation

One Shots Collated

“I’m leaving.”

To be honest, it didn’t even surprise him as much as it should. Kevin looked up from the magazine he was reading and looked at the younger man. The other avoided his glance, before noticeably hesitating, and then turning to the former as if to ask “what?”. Kevin merely shrugged slightly, nodding almost unconsciously to those words.

“Okay.”

Dongho blinked, surely expecting something- at least- he didn’t know what he expected either. He guesses he should be glad for the mild response. Saves him the trouble of all the drama. Although…he did watch his fellow member’s outburst back in 2011, right from the sidelines. The only reason he was so reluctant to tell this very member the news first, but also compelled to let him know, as if he had the right to be the first to know.

Dongho was fond of Kevin, that much anyone could tell. And so he didn’t want to disappoint him, didn’t want to hide anything from him, didn’t want him to find out from the company, from the media, from the fans. No, he wanted Kevin to hear him say it.

“That’s…all?” Dongho found himself asking. It was too calm, as if the one before a storm.

“Sure. You’re leaving ‘cause your lungs hurt, yeah?” Kevin said, tone so careless Dongho was lying if he said it didn’t hurt. The older member smiled gently as he put away the magazine he was reading, returning to that warm member Dongho hoped to remember him as. “Nothing wrong with that.”

-

Kevin fiddled a little with his phone, then looking up as the members gathered for a talk.

He looked at their leader, now frowning in deep thoughts, mumbling something along the lines of how to play down the situation in future interviews and on the new dynamics with a different maknae. Funny. That title’s back to him after seven years, huh.

Shin Soohyun. Two years older. Main vocal, made the leader along the way. Original member.

He turned to Hoon sitting beside the oldest member, those round eyes looking elsewhere but with such intent anyone could tell he was concentrating on the words. He barely blinked, unmoved even when a fly flew past his eyes.

Yeo Hoonmin. Same age. Main vocal. New member.

A slight shift caused Kevin to watch the fidgety person. Eli, looking visibly exhausted from his schedules, yet trying his best to keep the fatigue off his mind. He did realise the seriousness of the situation at hand, hence rubbing away the sleep from his eyes.

Elison Kim Kyungjae. Same age. Rapper. Original member.

To the left of the member barely awake was AJ, rubbing his temples as a migraine overwhelmed his senses. He had been complaining about it for a while, and the worries of their future seemed to have compounded his headache problem. The frown etched on his forehead only deepened as words continued leaving the leader’s mouth.

Kim Jaeseop. Same age. Rapper, sometimes singer, whatever really. New member.

Kevin thought he would look weird if he shifted to look at the male leaning against him, and instead watched the floor. Kiseop was fading in and out of consciousness, and had been for the past fifteen minutes. He would jerk awake and sheepishly rub the back of his neck before checking if anyone realised, then repeat the cycle. It was endearing, Kevin guessed.

Lee Kiseop. Same age. Singer probably. New member, added earlier back in 2009 though.

Looks like Soohyun might be out next, huh? U-KISS becoming a group of 1991 boys. Kevin laughed humourlessly at his thoughts, counting the ratio of old and new members. Exactly half, and it felt so eerily similar to what he had gone through before.

Original members slipping away.

It wasn’t like there was a stigma against these new members, it was just…this feeling of change.

Kevin watched the vacant spot unintentionally left, a habit to spoil the youngest a little by giving him a seat on an actual chair while some of the older members took the floor.

Shin Dongho. Three years younger. Rapper. Original, leaving member.

And then there was him. He didn’t know how to describe himself. How did he seem in this situation? Aloof? Kevin tried to find the correct word he felt was apt enough for him. It didn’t seem to be aloof. No, not nonchalant either.

Resigned, maybe.

Kevin Woo Sunghyun. Twenty one going twenty two. Main vocal. Original member.

And maybe, the last of his kind in time to come.

-

Been so damn long since I wrote (‘cause I’m studying lol) and finding out Dongho left did compel me to write something. It was supposed to be angstier, but I got a bit high finding out Brave Sound was back for the boys ;~; Those were the good ol’ days.
(Sorry for my English in this fic, it's 2am, I'm tired, but I'm running on inspiration...andddd, I have exams in a week but my English is still a damn mess, urgh.)
I really apologise for any mistakes here and there, forgive me, didn't beta and I should really go to sleep.

So much thanks to the 57 subscribers and IceCreamLover for the comment!
I will try my best to be back soon for my other fics and maybe a few one shots here and there, so wait until November is over.
National Exams are a pain. ._.

(sidenote: BRAVE SOUND. omg, omg. bravesound I missed you soooooo much.)