Every Waking Second With You

One Shots Collated

“Kibummie-hyunggg!” Kevin whined cutely over the phone. “Why aren’t you here yet?”

“Hey, it’s my birthday tomorrow and you’re ordering me around?” Kibum chuckled over the phone. “I’m not going to pick you up anymore.”

“Hyung~!” Kibum could already see Kevin pouting glumly, eyes looking down on the snowy ground while probably drawing a sad face.

“No, seriously, I’m not going to-”

Kevin sobbed over the phone, one of his other tactics. “Hyung!”

Kibum ended the phone call and laughed, giving Kevin a sudden tight back hug. “I’m not going to not pick you up. And stop the fake crying, it gets annoying.”

“Hyung! When did you come? I didn’t see your car!” Kevin gasped, looking around for Kibum’s said car. “And how dare you trick me! Humpfh!”

“Well, my birthday is tomorrow and that gives me all the rights to do whatever I want.” Kibum stuck out a tongue and released his grip about Kevin’s waist, fingers intertwining with Kevin’s smaller ones before walking with him to Kibum’s car. “Besides, only you’re that dumb to believe my lies.”

“I believe, someone told me he wouldn’t LIE to me.” Kevin scrunched up his face, but Kibum never turned back, only chuckling as if knowing Kevin’s expression already.

“I believe, my birthday can be an exception.” Kibum shrugged.

“I believeeeeeeeeeeee.” Kevin squeezed Kibum’s hand tightly as if to stress his point. “It’s not your birthday yet.”

“Then I believe, the dinner we’re going to have should not be counted as a birthday dinner?” Kibum raised an eyebrow and finally turned to look at Kevin.

“NO!” Kevin shook his head furiously. “I must be the very first to celebrate your birthday, I don’t care! It IS a birthday dinner, I insist.”

“Okay, whatever you say, let’s go. It’s eight already.” Kibum checked his watch. “Should be able to eat with less or no crowd.”

“I’m hungry.” Kevin agreed, and the two of them ended up running to Kibum’s car.

-

“Wah, there’s only us!” Kevin grinned happily, greeting the shop assistant. “Seat for two please!”

They sat down comfortably and were passed menus to look through. Kevin ordered most of the food while Kibum just chose a few dishes that he wanted and the drinks.

“I’m planning the dinner so I ordered, you don’t mind right?” Kevin asked, although not really bothering about the reply since the order was sent to the kitchen already.

“Yeah, yeah. Anything.” Kibum shrugged, leaning back to stare at Kevin opposite him. “Where’s my birthday present?”

Kevin blinked, blushing into a bright shade of pink. “What present?!”

“You’re such a idealist, you definitely have a present for me, no? Give me whatever, I promise to give you a reaction.” Kibum chuckled, resting his elbows on the table while inching forward.

“There’s no present!” Kevin insisted.

“No? What a shame.” Kibum smirked. “Then I shall request one. Stay with me till the 30th of December reach?”

Kevin widened his eyes and quickly looked away. “No!”

“Kevin, I’m very, very disappointed.” Kibum shook his head with an exaggerated sigh, watching Kevin frown worriedly and chew on his lip nervously. The food arrived at the very moment, and Kevin tentatively forgot everything. “Kev?”

“All-all right. Yes, there’s a present. The present is that I’ll stay with you till the 30th reach. HEY! HOW DID YOU KNOW ANYWAY?” Kevin pouted, slightly irritated that his present was ruined.

“It helps a lot when my boyfriend has the worst memory on Earth. You gave me the same thing last year.” Kibum laughed, messing up Kevin’s hair before gesturing at the food. “Let’s eat, I’m totally hungry.”

Kevin shook his head to get his hair back in place, giggling. “So you remembered what I gave you last year? I have to stop reusing the present then.”

“The present’s fine. Maybe extend it and spend the new year with me too?” Kibum suggested cheekily, picking out some fish for Kevin. “Some fish for the fish!”

“Yes, yes, I’ll eat myself well.” Kevin fought Kibum’s chopsticks away, push his hand back into his own bowl. “You eat! I’m not the birthday boy!”

“1 month and 3 days don’t make much of a difference.” As he said that, Kibum scooped some soup and put it before Kevin’s mouth. “Drink up, Binnie.”

Kevin pouted but drank it without a spoken protest. “This isn’t how I planned it to be!”

“You don’t really plan it anyway.” Kibum laughed heartily when Kevin blushed in embarrassment.

“Well, I did plan something like, we’ll lay in bed and talk about memories until we’re satisfied. Then we’ll cuddle to sleep and wake up staring at each other.” Kevin sheepishly confessed.

“That’s pure torture, what kind of gift is that?” Kibum joked, biting off the piece of meat Kevin offered.

“Hyung!”

“All right, I shall go through the torture then. Since it’s given to me by Kevin Woo, I shall even cherish it. How does that sounds?” Kibum frowned at Kevin dumping more food in his bowl, fighting away the spoon and the chopsticks, throwing back some of them into Kevin’s bowl.

“Better.” Kevin finally replied with a smile, insisting on emptying the dishes into Kibum’s bowl.

The two ended up feeding each other since Kibum just kept picking out Kevin’s favourite dishes to put in Kevin’s bowl while Kevin decided the birthday boy should eat a lot.

“Ah, I’m full.” Kevin rubbed his slightly protruding stomach with a contented smile. “Hey! Let’s take a picture! Tell everyone I celebrated your birthday first!”

Kibum hummed a vague reply, moving in to give Kevin space to join him on the other side. Kevin then stood up to sit beside Kibum, leaning closer.

“Shouldn’t you put your arm around me?” Kevin looked at Kibum with the best puppy eyes but Kibum just dismissed him with a wave.

“Nah, we want to keep this down. Whatever happens behind the camera stays there.” Kibum disagreed. “Besides, I don’t want people following us when we go on dates.”

Kevin had to agree, settling for basically leaning closer while smiling with his mouth open. His left hand was supporting his weight while his right hand did a peace sign. Kibum did a cute pout and pressed the button to take a picture, bringing the phone back before his eyes to check the picture.

“Can I take one with my phone instead? Your quality is horrible.” Kevin nudged Kibum slightly, and Kibum agreed.

“No posting though. We save the better quality and give the fans the horrible quality one. Couple exclusive pictures stay off Twitter.” Kibum said sternly, busily typing in the message for his picture before sending it to the international platform. “Someone’s calling me?”

“Who?”

“Xander-hyung.” Kibum blinked, pressing the “Accept Call” button before bringing the phone up to his ear. “Hello?”

”Kibum-ah! I’m sorry~ I’m stuck here because I was wondering around and all, and I ran out of money to hail a taxi back. Could you PLEASE pick me up?”

Kibum’s eyebrows twitched, and he turned to his left where Kevin was. Kevin cocked his head to a side, wondering what Alexander might have said. “I’m sort of busy?”

”PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE~! I’m seriously stuck here! With the snow and all, it’s really cold! Please! Please! Please! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

“Gosh, your whines are terribly annoying, even worse than Kevin’s.” The said boy gave a face that spelt “offended”, Kibum pointed at his phone and rolled his eyes. “All right then, where are you?”

-

Kevin glared out of the window while Kibum sighed.

“I can’t help it, Kev.” Kibum finally broke the silence and made a turn. “For one, he’s a superstar. Two, the other time I rejected his request he reported me directly to the manager and I got a dressing down.

“Xander-hyung is annoying.” Kevin said with a pout and pointed on the roads. “There he is.”

“Oh.” Kibum replied, slowing down before stopping in front of Alexander. He brought down Kevin’s window, and leaned across Kevin’s lap. “Hyung, get in.”

“Sorry! I didn’t realise you came.” Alexander apologised, quickly hopping into the back seat and unloaded his shopping bags.

Kibum winded the windows back up to stop the cold air from entering. “It’s okay. Kevin’s angry though.”

“Kev? Why are you angry?” Alexander gasped, leaning forward while resting his arm on both Kevin and Kibum’s seat, head facing Kevin.

“Hyung! It should be obvious enough!” Kevin replied, unwilling to look at Alexander.

The oldest member sat back with a frown, looking from Kevin staring at the window to Kibum concentrating on the road. “You guys quarrelled because of me? Oh, you shouldn’t have!”

“False. But close.” Kibum shook his head.

“Huh?” Alexander blinked, confusion clear in his eyes.

“Hyung, we were DATING.” Kevin finally turned behind and glared at the oldest member. “DATING. And you asked him to bring you home, did you see what you just broke!?”

“What did I break!? You guys are still dating, aren’t you? You can talk mushily to each other, I promise I won’t puke.” Alexander raised both hands as if to say that he’s innocent.

“You broke the atmosphere! Gah!”

“Oh look, it’s 12am already. Twitter’s more important! Sorry Kevvy~!” Alexander sang, whipping out his phone.

Kevin slumped back into his seat. “He’s impossible.”

“Aww, so you aren’t tweeting me happy birthday?” Kibum turned to face Kevin for a second before returning to face the road.

“Argh, fine. I will not let him ruin your birthday!” Kevin decided, whipping out his own phone too.

“Hey Kev, let’s trend “PiroPiroKKBday”!” Alexander suggested, entering his tweet. “Birthday boy, I shall read my tweet out loud to you~! Kibum-ah! Happy face, musical note. Happy birthday!!! Heart, happy 20th b-day to Kibum! Heart. Starting from now on, you must be healthy and fight together with U-KISS! Happy face with thumbs up, God bless~ Heart. Let’s all trend #PiroPiroKKBday today! Happy face.”

Kevin couldn’t help but laugh. “Who reads out faces!”

“I shall now keep quiet and let Kevvy read out his tweet to you. Hey, quickly tweet!” Alexander ordered, sitting back to organise his shopping bags.

“All right. Happy Birthday Kibum-hyung~! Saengil chukhahae Kibummie-hyung! Also~ Piro Piro is born today! Haha, #piropirokkbday Let’s trend!” Kevin happily read out.

“Kevin, that’s very disappointing.” Kibum chuckled with Alexander.

“I’m not done yet!” Kevin pouted. “There’s one more tweet! Wait, let me type it first.”

“I was joking.” Kibum laughed, shaking his head. “Hyung, what did you buy anyway?”

“Oh, new year clothes! There were year-end sales so…yeah!” Alexander grinned. “I bought you your present! Oh yeah! I almost forgot it, hehe.”

Alexander then searched through his many shopping bags to find wrapped present. “There! Here you go!”

“You give him a present and never gave me mine?” Kevin pouted sadly.

“Relax, yours is inside.” Alexander grinned sneakily. “Don’t open it before me! It’s rude!”

“I’m done! Kibummie-hyung~! Happy birthday! Happy 20th B-day! We all love you and I hope you have the best day ever (with me)! Always be happy and I’ll wish for everything to be great! U-Kiss fighting! I love you! Love ya~!” Kevin read out happily. “Uh, I didn’t add the with me in the proper tweet.”

Kibum turned and smiled at Kevin, nodding. “I love you too.”

Kevin threw himself on Kibum in a moment of happiness, causing the car to turn sideways and almost went off track. “Kevin! I’m driving!”

“Oops, sorry!” Kevin giggled. “What do I do with you confessing to me while driving then?”

“A kiss would be fine, otherwise we’ll crash into the car in front.” Kibum shrugged, immediately feeling Kevin’s lips on his. “Kevin, I said I’m driving!”

Kevin pulled away and shrugged. “Birthday boy gets what he wants when he asks for it.”

“Kevin, you might want to take note of the fact that we are three superstars and we have three lives on this car. Distract Kibum again and we might just die. If we don’t die and crash into someone, our names will be tarnished.” Alexander tried to calm his breathing, frightened when the car suddenly kept turning before, because Kevin’s head was right in front of Kibum’s.

“Oh gosh, I can’t stop you, can I?” Kibum sighed with a smile, using a hand to drive while the other reached out for Kevin’s hand. “Now stop distracting me.”

“Okay!” Kevin nodded, having fun with Kibum’s fingers. He searched around Kibum’s car for a marker and ended up drawing many things on his hand.

Alexander raised an amused eyebrow at Kevin abusing Kibum’s hand. “Hmm…I’ll tweet again.”

“What’s going on now? On Twitter?” Kevin asked, distracted by Alexander’s words.

“Oh! #PiroPiroKKB is trending! I shall tell them Kibum’s fetching me home before I thank them.” Alexander mumbled, busily typing away.

“Oh? So fast!” Kevin squeezed Kibum’s hand and shook it violently. “Congratulations~!”

“Yes, yes. I’m DRIVING, Kev. How many times must I say that?” Kibum chuckled. “I’m in the same car as you and I have perfect hearing. I know what Xander-hyung said.”

Kevin stuck out his tongue childishly. “It’s a happy thing, it deserves to be announced.”

“Mm…Xander-hyung, your house.” Kibum stopped the car and retrieved his hand, staring at it.

“It’s pretty right~? Now everyone will think you’re crazy about me, hehe!” Kevin smiled brightly, pointing at Kibum’s hand with Kevin’s name and many heart shapes.

“I think everyone will know you did this.” Kibum shook his head. “Hyung, you’re home.”

“Oh! Haha, wait, let me finish up the tweet!” Alexander typed while picking up his shopping bags, finishing up and then keeping his phone. “All done! Nights, Kev! Kibum-ah, thank you~! Happy Birthday! Good night~! Have a wonderful time with Kevin, and do whatever you couples do! I shall enjoy singlehood, BYE!”

“He talks. A lot.” Kevin complained, as soon as the door to the back seat was closed by Alexander. The oldest member didn’t forget to turn around and wave enthusiastically to Kibum’s car.

“Well, that’s Xander-hyung, no?” Kibum chuckled. “Now, it’s back to us.”

“Our plans are pushed back.” Kevin commented sadly. “Let’s quickly get home.”

Kibum smirked, catching Kevin’s words clearly. “Since when is my home your home too?”

“Since Hyungjoon-hyung followed me on Twitter.” Kevin giggled. “That was really cute on his part! Anyway, GET GOINGGGG!”

“Don’t talk to me about my brother. He thinks you’re cute.” Kibum pouted.

“Aww, but I think he’s cute too!” Kevin grinned, watching Kibum’s jealous reaction.

“You’re making me jealous on my birthday?” Kibum scrunched his nose up at Kevin.

The younger male innocently blinked back. “What did I do?”

“Right.”

-

“Aren’t you going to reply my tweet? You’re making me really, really sad.” Kevin pouted and poked Kibum’s ribs.

“I replied you while you read it out just now.” Kibum shrugged. “You know I don’t like tweeting you.”

“WHYYYYYYYY!” Kevin sulked. “What did I do?!”

“I prefer talking face-to-face with you, stupid Binnie.” Kibum laughed, ruffling Kevin’s hair.

“Fine, I’ll let you go this time.” Kevin sighed. “But I still remember that you DIDN’T wish my happy birthday on Twitter!”

“I wanted to be special, but Soohyun-hyung didn’t wish you happy birthday either.” Kibum rolled his eyes. “Aish, spoilt my plan.”

“Oh, #PiroPiroKKBday is still trending~! Shall tweet!” Kevin pushed out his lips as he typed, and Kibum hugged his waist from behind, head resting on Kevin’s shoulders.

“Ah, Kibum-ah, happy birthday.” Hyungjoon chuckled. “I heard some noises so I thought I’ll come out to check. Kevin-ah, staying over tonight?”

Kevin blushed, nodding while slightly squirming in Kibum’s embrace. It looks kind of rude to have public display of affection (even though they’re in Kibum’s house). “Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience!”

“Oh, no, there’s no inconvenience. You can wake up early tomorrow and cook us breakfast.” Hyungjoon grinned. “Mom can rest then. Oh, Kibum-ah, mom says happy birthday. She wanted to wait for you but I told her you’re with Kevin and would probably end up late.”

Kevin blushed harder, feeling guilty.

“Mm, I’ll thank her later. Kev, let’s go to my room.” Kibum walked with Kevin, his arms still around Kevin’s waist, passing Hyungjoon with a frown. “Stop staring at my boyfriend.”

“I’m not staring!” Hyungjoon pouted adorably. “I was wondering why he’s blushing.”

Kevin turned really red.

-

“Remember the very first time we met when U-KISS was being formed? Then we secretly decided to act as if we didn’t know each other before the other members, but sometimes we’re caught. Soohyun-hyung and Eli once asked me how come you seem to be only nice to me and look so fierce to the others, I practically choked on my laughter! You should have been there to see their earnest expression, like they’re really curious why. It’s even better than those we saw when we told them we knew each other long ago.” Kevin giggled, turning to his side to see Kibum with eyes closed, contented smile plastered on his face. “Have you slept? How could you! We’re supposed to keep-”

“I’m awake, Binnie.” Kibum yawned, nuzzling Kevin’s nose with his own. “I wouldn’t sleep until you let me.”

“But you aren’t talking.” Kevin pouted.

“You have a lot to say, go on, I’m listening.” Kibum chuckled with a low voice, not bothering to raise his tone since they’re both alone and so close to each other.

“Okay…then there was the time when you bit my arm, do you remember? Alexander asked me if I was a masochist. It’s so random I cracked up so badly. But since then he started abusing me too.” Kevin puffed up his cheeks. “And no matter how many times I tell you, you wouldn’t stop him.”

“Let him be. Resist and he’ll annoy you more.” Kibum intelligently said.

“Oh, and when Dongho caught us kissing?” Kevin smiled widely when Kibum took the word as the cue to start devouring the younger’s mouth. Kevin coiled his arms around Kibum’s neck and Kibum turned to lay flat on his back with Kevin on him. Kibum smiled, breaking the kiss when Kevin was starting to enjoy it. “Hyung!”

“Continue your story.” Kibum teased, placing Kevin back on the bed.

“Well, then he freaked out and decided he’ll stay beside Soohyun-hyung for protection. Don’t you know this already?”

“It’s fun to hear you recount them.” Kibum shrugged, not rejecting when Kevin’s head laid on his chest.

“And then when Kiseop joined, he didn’t know a thing so the rest of the members plead us to keep it a secret until he’s adapted. And you went to welcome him with open arms and practically ignored me. How wonderful.” Kevin complained, though his smile in place, hands touching Kibum’s stomach fondly.

“Because I knew you’d get jealous.” Kibum’s arm went under and around Kevin’s body to pull him closer. “And boy, you were so cute when you were jealous.”

“Are you saying I’m not cute right now?” Kevin gritted his teeth and started poking Kibum’s stomach.

“Of course not. You were so cute. Right now, you’re very cute.” Kibum lazily said. “Kev, can I sleep now?”

“No.” Kevin giggled. “All right, go sleep. Later we’ll end up like Piro Piro too.”

“His birthday is today too.” Kibum yawned.

“Kibum Junior? He’s right here!” Kevin announced, stuffing a Piro Piro cushion in Kibum’s face. “All right, good night, birthday boy! We’ll celebrate your birthday again after we sleep.”

Kibum smiled with his eyes closed, finding Kevin’s face with his hands before kissing the younger male sloppily. “Good night, Binnie.”

-

 Wonder if anyone of you remember how Alexander announced on Twitter that Kibum, the birthday boy, was sending him home ROFL.
And a few hours before, Kibum tweeted a picture of him eating with Kevin. Well, he tweeted their selca but, same difference.
Alexander was such a light bulb, humpfh! XD
Anyway, much love out to the 29 subscribers and 4 commenters! <3