The Fool In Love

One Shots Collated
Eli hesitantly followed Kevin, watching the younger fume in anger as he stomped forward without a thought for Eli.
 
"Something wrong?" Eli asked, hand placed on Kevin's shoulder in hopes of soothing the fury the younger rarely had.
 
"It's nothing." Kevin smiled briefly, shaking his head with a sigh. "It's just, he's been losing interest in me. We've gone back and forth over the topic of break up and it's- I don't know what to think."
 
"That man?" Eli frowned, only catching a glimpse of the man he didn't knew was Kevin's boyfriend.
 
Kevin nodded silently, waving a hand dismissively. "Let's not think about it."
 
-
 
Only that Eli had no choice but to think about it.
 
When all Kevin does is growl in anger or cry in frustration, when the smiles he had fallen for was replaced by countless of frowns.
 
"You never have enough time for me! Of course that means something, and because you said "No, it doesn't.", I believed you! So why is it that we can't even meet for lunch when you're two minutes- Kim Kibum! KIM KIBUM!" Kevin winded his fingers through his hair and tugged exasperatedly.
 
Throwing the phone to the floor roughly, Eli could easily guess the Kibum that Kevin was talking to just hung up on him.
 
The impact caused the phone's screen to be brighter once more, and the intimate picture of Kevin and another guy just seemed to mock the situation right then.
 
Eli left the phone on the floor, an arm around Kevin to help him feel better.
 
-
 
"Can we meet?" Kevin shakily asked over the phone, walking away from where Eli was.
 
"Kevin, I don't want to talk about it anymore. We're-we're over." Kibum tried to speak harshly into the phone, only to stumble over those heart-breaking words.
 
"I DON'T WANT THAT, YOU SELFISH BASTARD! WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE OUR BREAK UP?!" Kevin screamed, falling to his knees and breaking down once more.
 
Eli bit his lower lip and fought the urge to embrace the other man, fought the urge to wipe those tears shed for the same man, the hundredth time this week.
 
"Kevin, we went through this before, there's no reason why I have to explain anything to-"
 
"I don't care, I'll wait at our usual place-"
 
"Kevin-"
 
"At 1p.m., and-"
 
"Kevin! You-"
 
"I won't leave until you appear. Bye." Kevin hurriedly ended the call, moving to his room distractedly and getting an overcoat.
 
Eli sighed, silently borrowing some of Kevin's jackets and then leaving the house with the younger man.
 
It was winter.
 
-
 
"Kevin, you want some warm coffee?" Eli frowned, seeing Kevin leaning against a railing as if in pain. "Or some gloves, your hand looks-"
 
"I'm fine." Kevin whispered, folding his arms and bringing them closer to himself.
 
"Are you hungry? You skipped lunch." Eli tried once more, seeing the younger shake his head. "But-"
 
"I'm fine." 
 
Eli sighed, standing up and getting Kevin gloves, coffee and lunch anyway. Because Kevin was going to die waiting for that man that wouldn't come.
 
As he made his way to a nearby shop that sold gloves, he thought he saw a shadow disappear. Shrugging that thought off casually, he did as he had planned to and bought a simple pair of gloves.
 
Kevin's eyes turned unfocused, the cold biting into his bones and causing his teeth to chatter. Only that he was sorry, because he would never wear the gloves Eli bought. He had his own warm pair of them, the ones that'd melt the cold all the way to his heart, and he wasn't here yet.
 
A sudden tap on his shoulder caused him to jerk backwards, a very familiar jacket disappearing within seconds. Kevin stood up and wanted to give chase, only tripping forward due to the items on the floor.
 
"Kevin." Eli blinked, skilfully catching Kevin before he could fall. "Be careful."
 
Kevin frowned at the direction he swore he saw Kibum ran towards, and decided there was no way he could reach Kibum anymore. Looking down at what he tripped over, hot tears welled up once more.
 
The scarf he bought for Kibum was right there, along with a pair of Kibum's gloves. A small note laid not far away probably due to him tripping over it, two harsh words "Go away." sounding a lot warmer than it was supposed to be.
 
"He came." Kevin cried, clinging onto Eli's arms. "He came."
 
Eli left the hot cup of coffee to cool, the gloves forgotten, and lunch thrashed away. 
 
-
 
"What can I do for you?" Eli sadly looked at the poor boy. It looked as if everything was fine, except that those eyes lost their initial bright glint. "Kevin, tell me."
 
"Stay with me for the night." Kevin whispered, leaning his head on Eli's shoulder while sitting on the couch.
 
Eli thought that was some hope shining on him, that Kevin was slowly letting go of the irreparable love. He nodded silently, resting his own head on Kevin's - a very comfortable position.
 
Only that he didn't know, behind Kevin's closed eyes were thoughts of the warmth being from Kibum.
 
That night, two hearts felt just slightly comforted.
 
-
 
Kevin wasn't ready for the sudden fall of snow. Waiting for it to end didn't seem like a good choice, so he decided to text a message to Eli hoping he could save this damsel of sort in distress.
 
"Hey Eli, could you come to the bookstore I frequent to fetch me? I didn't bring my umbrella and I don't want to ruin this new white hoodie of mine. Sorry~! If you're not free, you could come later, I'm in no rush. Thank you! :)"
 
Randomly browsing other books to kill time, it had been about ten minutes before a reply came.
 
"Sorry, was at Taekwondo practice. Sure, I'll come in about half an hour?"
 
Kevin sent an "okay" back and continued checking out new books.
 
-
 
Was it half an hour yet? Kevin idly thought, deciding to move to another shelf to further browse.
 
"Moving on for Dummies" looked especially eye-catching, and he was about to pick it up to check the description behind when another hand beat him to it.
 
His hand was about to reach for the next exact copy of the same book, yet stopped short when his eyes registered the face he saw.
 
"Kibum...?" 
 
The said person looked up, surprise written all over his face as if telling Kevin he hadn't thought they would meet either.
 
-
 
It was confusing when Kibum was the one who asked Kevin if they could leave the bookstore to speak in somewhere more private, and held his wrist so naturally to lead him forward.
 
"I'm sorry." Kibum whispered in reply to an unasked question when they stopped, eyes looking at the floor as if in guilt. "I can't let you go."
 
Kevin's lips fell apart, words refusing to form despite his desire to say something. A smile stretched across his face unconsciously, and closing up the distance between them with a step forward, he hugged the body he hadn't felt in weeks.
 
Eli stood in the corner, clutching the fallen pieces of his broken heart.
 
Kevin had chosen who he wanted to be with right from the start. There was never a chance that Kevin would turn around and see who was by his side, for the younger's eyes had long been on Kibum.
 
"I'm sorry." Kibum repeated and continued muttering, wrapping his arms tightly around Kevin's waist. "I was afraid that friend of yours meant something more to you than I ever did."
 
"No..." Kevin shook his head, clinging tighter. "He would never mean more to me than you'll ever be."
 
And walking away from an unrequited love was always the hardest part. 
 
-
 
Wrote this really long ago! Haha, well, this would be the last I'm transferring from my livejournal!
A bit new that I'm writing sorta from Eli's POV, but that's cause I didn't want to break my Kemaru up :P 
This is actually inspired from a Chinese song, 我以为 (direct translation : I thought) by 品冠 :)
 
So, thanks for all the love from my 55 subscribers! 
And the two comments I got from the last chapter!