TCL 15: The Truth

This Cruel Life.

POV
I : Qri's
II-III : Jiyeon's


I.

                   The door bell rang for the fifth time. I am so lazy if that bell rang meant to be either Jaehyun or Jaehyun for me to open it. Why can’t he just let me live my life alone? I don’t want to hurt him. I don’t want to hurt myself. I don’t want to hurt anyone. Six is the number of the bell rang right now. I throw the magazine I’m holding away and walk lazily to the door. Slowly, I turn the door knob.

                    “I thought you’re going to let me rang the bell for the seventh time,”

                   “Unnie? And…Ji Hoon?” my eyes grew wider.

                   “Unnie!” Ji Hoon hugs my leg. I bend my waist and lift Ji Hoon into my embrace. I give him a peck on his lips. He giggles and hugs my neck. Slowly, I his back hair.

                    “Come in,” I invite my sister, Lee Ji Hye. She walks inside the house and her eyes wandering around. Surveying the house, I think. She turns her look to me after satisfying her surveys. “Are you going to just let your guest die exhausting?” she sounds so cynical.

                     “You can get your own drink, right? At the kitchen, in the fridge. It’s a self-service here. Besides, this is not going to be the first and last visit right? So, treat yourself like at home,” while playing with Ji Hoon on the couch, I said that. Without even looking at her. She smirks.

 

Flashback

             “Jihyun-ah, give him to the maid. And let’s have a talk for a while,” she said and left upstairs. I look at the little boy who keeps hugging my neck since I lift him and smile.

            “Unnie will be going to talk with her. You’ll go and change first okay?” I said to him. He nods happily. I give him to the maid and left upstairs. “What is it?” I ask, right after reaching the upper floor of the house. Her back is facing me, and there she is, standing with her hands cross over her chest.

            “Do you want him back?” she asks. Clearly, clearly I want him back. But, I can’t. And I could just say that in my heart. I can’t. I don’t have the strength to say those words. She turns back, facing me. “I ask you, if you want him back?” she asks, for the second time.

 

            “Why did you ask?” ignoring her question, I ask her back.

           

            “Are you going to keep all this alone? Tell me your fears. Tell me what is it that daddy had done to you? That makes you ran away from home and comes back a year later with a baby. Tell me, Jihyun-ah! Did he you? Did he?” she shouts at me. Yes, that little boy, the one I named him as Lee Ji Hoon, is my son. Is the secret that I kept for myself. “Tell me!”

           

            “Yes! Yes, he me! He gave me that child! He, that Lee Ji Hoon boy is my child with daddy! Are you satisfied now?!” I shout back at her. At the same time, my tears broke into pieces. She falls kneeling. Just like how I react to myself, she did the same. Her tears broke into pieces.

           

            “Why did you keep it yourself?” she asks. Looking up to me.

            “Because no one will believe in me. He treats me like a trash. He makes me no different like a ringworm animals. He treats me that way. You’ll never know how I feel because you never taste it yourself. People keep blaming me. People keep dim view of me,” I cried. She stands up, hugging me. my back.

           

            “I know how you feel, Jihyun-ah. I know. You’re my sister. I feel what you feel. I know what you know. I’m sorry for not noticing right after you came back a year later. Sorry for accusing you to be a bad girl, a bad daughter to mom. Sorry for blaming you for mom’s death. I’m sorry,” she keeps apologizing. She broke the hug.

           

            “It’s okay,” was the only thing I could say right now.

           

            “Take him back, Jihyun-ah. Take him back. He needs his mummy. He needs your love,” she said. She sounds so convincing. “It’s not that I don’t want to take care of him anymore, but he wants his mummy to take care of him. He knew I’m not his mummy. He just called me mummy for nothing because his mummy isn’t here before. But now she’s back, please let him called his real mummy a mummy,” she continued.

 

            “I will. I will one day. Now is not the time. I have another commitment,” I told her. She smiles, nodding.

 

Flashback end

 

            “You’re so close to him so easily,” she said while sipping her milk in the glass.

            “Of course, I’m his-,” I stop and look at her at the fridge. “Have you told him?” I ask. Thank God, I haven’t said that word yet. I haven’t said that I’m his real mummy yet or he’ll jump out from my hug. Ji Hye smiles, nodding. “You have?” I ask, for confirmation. She nods again. I sigh in relief. I just can’t believe this.

            “I have. Right after you left that day. He keeps asking for you. That’s why I bring him here,” she said. I look at my baby boy on my lap, in front of me. I kiss his cheek left and right.

            “Ji Hoon-ah, do you know who am I?” I ask him. He nods, happily. “Who?” I ask again.

           He nods. “Of course. Unnie is my lovely mummy,” his accent voice sounds so cute in my ears. I pinch his cheek lightly before kiss him again. I his front hair. My cute little boy, after this mummy will have to confront with Jaehyun oppa regarding you. Pray for me, okay?

            “Do you love me?” I ask him. He nods. I love you too, my pretty little boy. Mummy loves you too. Love you so much. "Call me mummy okay?" He nods again.

 


II.

            While throwing my light body on the bed, I sigh heavily. How I wish what I said to him at the beach wasn’t true. How I wish that his love wasn’t fake. How I wish he could loves me real. How I wish that I didn’t say that. Yes, I’m in love. Yes, I fall in love. Yes, in love with him. How could I? How could I when we only met several times? How could I when our meeting only consists of quarrelling?

            The room door bell rang. I walk upstairs to the front door in the double-storey room. I turn the door knob slowly and all I can see is Song Jieun and Kim Jongdae. I wonder when do this two get along so well that they can even come to my room together.

            “Come in,” I invite and straight back downstairs.

            Sitting on the chair by the sliding door that connected the swimming pool view and my room, I sigh heavily once again. My life is lifeless. Why is it? I feel lifeless once again.

            “Where have you been?” Jieun asks. She doesn’t sound loud like usual. She sounds so calm this time. She doesn’t look so worried like last time. She just….just looks so calm this time. I like her this way. She is the old Jieun. Jieun back then when we’re in college.

            “To the beach,” I answered her.

            “With that guy? That guy that used to kidnap you like a month ago?” she asks again. I nod as an answer. “Why are you with him? I thought he had gone. He never came again after that lunch you told us. And what happened with this face? You look sullen,” she said, she questions, while touching my face. I smile to her.

            “I don’t know. I don’t know what I feel right now. I feel sad. I remembered mummy and daddy. I miss them. I wish they’re here for me right now,” I sob. Just sobs. Not yet crying. Only sobs were heard. Jieun my shoulder and starts to hug me.

            “You’re in love?” she whispers into my ears. I nod.

            “I think so,”

 



III.

            Acting like nothing happen, behave like everyday, I walk inside the office. But, I guess I’m not a good actress. It’s either Yongguk himself, or Jia notices my not-so-happy face at the moment that makes Yongguk comes in my room to have a talk. He stares at me, saying nothing. Stares that full of concern, full of confusion, full of suspicion. That’s how I can describe his stares to me.

            “What’s wrong?” was the first thing I ask after seeing him, standing right in front of my desk, saying nothing. He starts to sighs heavily. I frown, looking at him. He stares at me with that you-have-something-to-explain expression.

            “What happened last night? Where did he take you to? I heard you’re coming back home late last night. Are you going far? Out of town maybe?” dozens of questions keeps coming out from Yongguk’s mouth. I never thought such a husky voice man have such a big mouth. Seriously, he talks as much as the water that keeps flowing in the sea.

            “Nothing happened. We’re just having some casual talks and he asks for my help. Some personal matters regarding his family since the family and mine were so close once upon a time. Why did you so bother? It’s not like I’m coming back home drunk or bloody. Keep down the worries,” casually. That’s what I’m trying to say. I’m trying to act so cool about it when I’m not. I kept thinking about what I said to him, that guy, Sehun last night.

            “Are you sure?” he asks for confirmation, I think. I nod. “So, what’s with the eye-bag? Not enough sleep or crying while sleeping? Or maybe you have another excuse that you’ve kept in mind to trick my eyes? Shall we hear it?” sarcasm, he sounds so sarcastic. So rude to the big boss! Aigoo, our Yongguk!

            “Cut the crap. I’m her best friend but I never investigating her like you do,” someone interrupted our conversation. Yongguk looks behind and I look behind Yongguk.

            “Jieunnie! Qri unnie also! And there is Mina here. Long time no see!” I shout. No, not shout. I call their names in a loud voice tone. Sounds like shouting but not to the extent of screa~~~~minnnnng!

            “Wait, our baby dino. I have something to say to this tall guy,” Jieun said, crossing her arms. She meant Yongguk. Yongguk put down his head, looking to the floor, staying by the wall. “Who gives you the right to lecture your boss? I know she’s the same age, but she’s still your boss and my best friend and this unnie little dino,” pointing to Qri unnie.

            “Jieunnie, he’s not lecturing me,” I tried to save Yongguk, but she glares. And I think it is fail.

            “And one more time, I ever saw this scene or ever heard this kind of scene, you might not be able to see this company’s entrance door down there, or maybe this beautiful world. Last thing, you have to keep in your mind. God has set it up all for us. We only need to trust. And what you need to trust is, once I heard about this again, you’ll crush in my hand,” and the crush she meant was die.

            “Okay, that’s enough. Yongguk-ah, go and continue your work,” I said, rushing towards the scaredy cat Yongguk on Jieun, tapping his shoulder. “Don’t be scared. She’s the nicest person in the world if you want to know,” I whispered to Yongguk before he walks out.

            Once he left, I turn back to the girls.

            “So, what’s with the visit? It’s so hard to see you all coming here, but today? Any special occasion?” I ask. No one talks except for Qri unnie trying to say something. So, I focus on her. But, she looks hesitate. This smells so fishy, but is there anything I should know that I haven’t known?

             “Let’s go somewhere, I have to show you something,” Qri unnie said.

 

This update might dissapoint you a little bit since most of the readers liking the 'The Innocent Man' chapter. But don't worry, as time passes, there will be more Jiyeon-Sehun moments wink