TCL 9: The Confession

This Cruel Life.

          “I don’t know. The hospital said there’s this unknown guy hit them while they’re crossing the road at the back of the hospital with a car. They just came back from donating their blood and register their name for internal parts of body to donate when they died but I never thought they will go this fast. I just…I just can’t take it,”

            Her words keep playing in my mind. Her sad expression keeps appearing in my head. I don’t know. I don’t know why do I feel so guilty. I don’t know what had come into me after she said that. I’m in shocked.

            “Yah Oh Sehun,” someone remark me. I look at this one girl standing in front of me. It’s none other than Woori. I stand up, facing her.

            “What?” I ask.

            “What have got into you? I’ve been standing in front of you for almost 10 minutes and you still didn’t realize my presence until I called you just now,” she said. Seriously? She’s been standing in front of me all this while? Why I didn’t realize her?

            “I was just thinking about something,” I said to her. She nods.

            “Sit. I have something to talk about,” she said. I sit back at my place and she took a place on the couch that is on the left on my couch. Her expression tonight looks so different. She looks like the innocent Woori when I first met her six years ago.

            “What is it? Make it fast. I don’t have time to listen to your nag. I am clear enough that I won’t inherit any of your daddy’s property,” I said, trying to piss her off after seeing her calmness. She is so different tonight not only by her expression but I can feel it.

            “I am not going to talk about that. Besides, I’ve changed my mind. I won’t be telling daddy to exclude your name in his will. I’m going to talk about us. About that one night stand,” she said, calmly. I am happy to hear that she said she won’t be telling her daddy to exclude my name, but why so sudden? “I want to apologize. That night, between us, that was only my uncontrollable lust. That wasn’t me at all. I don’t know what have got into me. You know, I’m a , right?” she asks.

            “That night?” I ask. She nods. “Yeah, I know,” I told her.

            “You’re my first, and I hope my last till I get married. Please don’t tell daddy about what had happened between us. I’m so sorry that I forced you to sleep with me. I’m just not in my right mind. I’m so stupid,” she said, starting to cry.

            “Why so sudden?” I ask her. I became more interested with her explanation because this happened right after she met ‘her’. That girl who called me rude.

            “Because God just sent me a person that I loved the most, to make me realize that no matter what parents are the most beautiful creature in the world. Parents are the one that we need to treasure to know what’s actually inside them,” she said. Her lips crept a very small yet innocent smile. What have got into her? This is weird.

            “Whatever you say then,” I said and left to my bedroom. She just said such a beautiful thing, but why does it not impressed me in my heart?

            “Thank you, Sehun-ah!” I heard she shout from the living room. I stop on the last rung at the first staircase I climbed on.

 


            From early in the morning, I faced so many problems regarding the company. It’s still in my early era for managing the company. I am still not familiar to this ins and outs of this business. I mean, daddy is managing too many types of business in one company. How is that possible? He must be a silent businessman.

            Knock! Knock! Knock!

            “Come in!” I shout to the person who’s knocking on my office door room. It’s none other than daddy’s used to be trustful worker that is now mine, Bang Yongguk. I look at him who’s smiling while walking towards my table. “Yes, Yongguk-ah?” I ask.

            “Someone would like to meet you,” he said. Who could that someone be? And why did Yongguk tells me that instead of Jia? Where is Jia?

            “Who?” I ask him.

            “I don’t know. He won’t tell his name. He just said that it’s important to see you. Between life and death,” Yongguk said with a serious tone but he smile instead. Or is it that his husky voice make it sounds like a serious one?

            “He? So, it’s a guy. Between life and death, huh? Okay, tell him to wait for a while. I’ll go outside instead to meet him,” I told Yongguk. He nods and walks out of my room.

            I fold the file and clean my messy table before going out. Since I’m planning to straight away going for a lunch, I took along my iPad, handbag and a few paper works that I need to look through. Then, I walk out of my room passing Jia, who’s busy concentrating on the computer.

            “Busy?” I ask her. She looks at me and nods. Her face does looks so stressed out. “Take a leave for a few days and have a vacation. I know I’m in a crisis state to manage the company, but I still have Yongguk to help me out. Let me know if you’re thinking to take a leave okay?” I said to her. She smile and nods again.

            Finished talking to Jia, I walk out of the office and see a guy standing on the waiting section. His back is facing my view, so I cannot see his face. I look around and found Yongguk busy talking to another worker. So, I walk slowly to that guy.

            “Ehem,” I cleared my throat behind him. He turns back. “I knew it’s you,” I said as soon as he turns facing me. I look away in disgust. I don’t really like how he keeps looking for me. I don’t know what else that he is not satisfied with me.

            “It’s lunch time. Mind to have a lunch with me?” he asks right after he looks at his watch. What does he plans to do this time? Kidnapping me again and throw me into the lake?

            “My assistance said you have something to tell me. Between life and death. What is it?” I ask him when he was about to walk away. He turn back facing me.

            “Can we have a lunch first? I’m hungry,” he asks and pouted. I shook.

            “Nope until you tell me the thing you wanted to say. Besides, I don’t have lunch with strangers,” I told him. He sighs heavily and smiles. He then walk slowly towards me and move his head closer to mine. I can feel his breath on my neck. It tickles.

            “You don’t want me to drag or maybe lift you up here, am I right?” he whispered and looked at me, smiling. Damn it! He dared to threaten me.

            “Let’s go and have some lunch, shall we?” I said, smirking. I walk away from him to the lift. He chuckle and followed my steps to the lift.

            “It is so easy to make you listen to my orders,” he said while we’re waiting for lift to arrive. I look at him standing beside me. I smirk at him.

            “Shut up,” I said before entering the lift that had arrived a while ago.

 


            I was busy sketching my new handbags when I suddenly remind of Jiyeon and Qri unnie. I wonder why Jiyeon texted us, Chen and I yesterday to leave the dining table at the restaurant but then she came back with Woori unnie. I forgot to ask Jiyeon that yesterday. Should I ask Jiyeon to have a lunch today? I should ask Qri unnie too since she said she’s giving out the souvenir she bought in Jinhae. I immediately took my phone in my bag.

            “Should I call her office? If I called her phone, I’m afraid she’s in a meeting room. Yeah, I should call her office,” I mumbled to myself. I search for Jiyeon’s office number and called. After a few ringing, someone picks up.

            “JY corporation. How can I help you?” such a husky voice for Jiyeon. So, it must be someone else. Who could it be? I thought Jiyeon’s secretary is a woman?

            “Miss Park please,” I said.

            “She’s not in. She just left about 10 minutes ago for a lunch,” that person said.

            “Oh really? Okay then. Eh, wait. Besides Qri unnie, Chen, Jaehyun oppa and Mina, only I can access the call straight to Jiyeon’s office. So, who are you? Why are you in her room?” I ask, suspicious.

            “Oh I’m sorry, Miss. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Bang Yongguk, Miss Park’s assistance. I’m in her room to place the files that she needs to look through on her table. Anyway, is there anything I can help you with?” he asks.

            “Her assistance? Ah that tall guy in her room yesterday?” I ask.

            “Yes, Miss,” he replied.

            “Okay then, it’s okay if she had gone for a lunch. Just let her know that I call so that she’ll call me back. Tell her, it’s Jieun who called. Thank you,” I said and hung up. Not wanting to wait another minute for him to say, ‘Okay Miss Jieun, I will.’

            I put back my phone in my bag and clean up the mess on my sketching table. Then, I went to my office to take my things since I’m going to have lunch alone. When I walk out from my office, I saw Chen, that annoying stepbrother waiting for me on the couch in the middle of the boutique.

            “What made you come here?” I ask Chen who is busy look through the magazine. He looks up to me who standing in front of him.

            “Let’s have a lunch. My treat,” he said, smiling. I smirk.

            “Lunch? With you? No, thanks,” I said and was about to walk away from him. But then, he pulls my hand and put his arm around my shoulder.

            “Aigoo~ don’t be like that. Let’s have a lunch together. We’ve never had a lunch before. I mean, just the two of us,” he said, pulling me out of the boutique.

            Out of the boutique, he unlocked his car and pushed me inside. Aish, this guy!