TCL 1: The Bickering

This Cruel Life.

            “Holla, my cute little sister!” Chen messed Jieun’s hair as he comes to the café they always met. Just like how every time they met, that’s how Chen would greet the only sister he had. A pretty grown, Song Jieun. And each time, Jieun will get annoyed by the way he treats her. The way the always happy Chen, treats her.

            “Stop it, I said!” Jieun scold him, slapping Chen’s hand hard. “I told you to not call me your sister. We don’t even have the same surname. Don’t you get it everytime?” Jieun smirk at him. He smile sweetly as he sat beside her.

            “We only have different father Jieun-ah. The fact that we actually comes out from the same womb, you cannot denied it. You’re still my lovely sister that I loved,” Chen said, wrapping his hand around her shoulder. Once again, she slapped his hand away.

            “I don’t care. I said that each time too. Don’t you get it everytime? I hate your daddy. He makes mommy left my daddy and comes back to your daddy just because he’s wealthier,” Jieun pouted. Cross her hand across her chest.

            “But it’s not even my fault that he’s so damn rich. It’s not like I care about his wealthy. I only care about you, Jieun-ah. The fact mommy comes back to be with daddy, I hated it too. I tell you this everytime too,” Chen explained for the countless times.

            “I don’t give a ,” Jieun narrowed her eyes.

            “Yah, yah, yah! I told you not to curse. You’re still under age,” Chen scold Jieun softly. He never wanted to make his sister gets hurt by his words or action. That’s just hurt his pride although she is just a stepsister. A lovable stepsister.

            “I am not under age. Plus, I never heard the rules of an under age girl cannot curse,” Jieun pissed. She looked at Chen fiercely as he ignored her saying.

            “Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo! Look who’s here with her sour face all the time,” Chen said, ignoring Jieun’s glare. Jieun smirk on Chen. He smiled to himself. She turn her look to the someone Chen mention just now.

            “Jiyeon-ah, look at this old uncle nagging,” Jieun complained as Jiyeon took a sit in front of her. “Aish, I’m getting sick of him everyday,” Jieun mumbled to herself. She let out a big sigh.

            “Stop with the quarreling everyday. Just get along well already. That will settle your problem. In fact, my ears will get torn if I heard the same complained each time,” Jiyeon said, coolly while taking out a book she always brings everywhere.

            “Aish, no one ever listened to me,” Jieun complained, getting annoyed.

            “Sorry, I’m late!” another someone approach the three figure at the café. Everyone focus on the someone that just arrived.

            “Qri unnie, look at Chen nagging at me each time we met,” Jieun complained once again. Qri, who just arrived and was about to sit chuckle. She is used to the situation where Jieun will start the meeting with a complained, Chen taking a sip of coffee and Jiyeon’s reading.

            “Chen, stop bullying her. Stop nagging her. I’ve had enough of her complain,” Qri scold Chen playfully. Just to make Jieun feels satisfied that someone is backing her side. Jieun smile happily. Finally Qri unnie, Jieun thought.

            “So, what’s the meet up for today?” Jiyeon asks as she closed her book. She look at the three person in front of her, soulless. Without a smile, without an expression. Qri was about to answer, “Wait. Where’s Jaehyun oppa? Unnie, you didn’t come with him?” when Jiyeon cut her words.

            “That’s what I’m going to tell you now. I will be out of town for a while. Please keep it a secret from Jaehyun or he’ll keep following me wherever I go,” Qri stated with a smile. She has always been the softest and sweetest girl on earth to the one she close to.

            “Alright, we’ll keep it a secret,” Jiyeon and Jieun said at about the same time.

            “So, since I’m going somewhere fun, what kind of souvenir did you all want? I’ll buy all for you. Just name it,” Qri said. Jieun cheered up since she’s a souvenir freak. She bought everything she likes and keep it for herself whenever she went for a vacation.

            “Where do you plan to go?” Jiyeon asks. Qri smile fading.

            “You wouldn’t want to know,” she said, slowly.

            “I would love to,” Jiyeon insists.

            “Jinhae,”

 

Flashback

            “Jiyeon-ah, mommy feels like going on a vacation. Where would you like to go? Just name it. Mommy will bring you anywhere,” Mommy said. I felt so happy. It’s been a long time since our last vacation to Jeju Island.

            “Will daddy come along?” I asked Mommy. She nods happily.

            “Of course! It doesn’t feel like a vacation if daddy’s not around,” Mommy replied.

            “If that so, I want to go to Jinhae! I want to walk along the Yeojwa Stream with both of you while watching the cherry blossom and takes picture there. Ahh! I’m so excited!” I cheered. Mommy hugged me tightly.

            “Okay! Mommy will inform daddy that his beautiful girl wants to go to Jinhae. Okay?” Mommy put a thumbs up. I nods.

            “Okay!” I thumbs up her back. And hugged her tightly.

Flashback end

 

              “Jiyeon-ah,” Qri shakes Jiyeon’s hand on the table. She look at Qri immediately. And raise her eyebrows. She sigh heavily and look down. Avoiding her gaze from Qri.

              “When you go there, could you please stop by at…” Jiyeon couldn’t finished her words and Qri cut her. Qri knows what she’s going to say.

               “I will,” Qri said. “I’ll take a lot of pictures for you,” she continued.

               “Thank you, unnie,” she thanked Qri.

 

 

► Please give me a lots of love and comments okay? heart