TCL 10: The Dare Games

This Cruel Life.

           I called her yesterday. It’s been a few days since I last talked to her. I know I can’t get mad at her for a long time. I am going to be worried of her. Did she eat yet? How have she been doing? Did she live well? Those questions keep repeating in my mind. So, I decided to meet up and see her using my two eyes. I can’t believe on her words. The last time she had a fever and she still said she’s fine. Lastly, she end up got admitted into the hospital for 3 days.

            I’ve been waiting for almost half an hour but she’s still not here. Not even a phone call or message coming in to tell me where is she right now. This is why I’m being overprotective on her. I know she can take care of herself. But…

            “Sorry, I’m late. Traffic jam,” she suddenly arrived and took a sit in front of me at the café. I intentionally chose the most hidden places for some privacy with her. Just incase she grew wild on me. So, I imagine she can just simply slap me although I hope she won’t. Mueh!

            “You should have called me. I’m worried. That’s why I said to pick you up,” I said. She looks at me annoyingly. She has becoming braver day by day towards me. This must be the two kiddo agitation! Kim Jongdae, Kwon Mina!

            “Are you going to start the day with nagging?” she asks. Thank God she still using the soft tone while talking to me or those two kiddo died.

            “Sorry. Jihyun-ah,”

            “I told you to not calling me Jihyun. Why is it so hard for you to understand? I thought you ask me to come because we want to clear things up. But you instead, burning me inside. I hate that name. I told you that everytime. Jaehyun-ah, I love you as a friend and I don’t want to lose you, so please don’t make something that makes me lose you,” she scold me before I could say anything but apologizing. For the first time since I first knew her, she scolds me.

            “Why? Tell me why? And I’ll stop calling you by that name,” I said. I lost in words. I can’t believe she argue just because of this one name, Lee Jihyun. It’s her real name. So, I want to know why I can’t call her by her own name.

            “Because….”

            “Jaehyun oppa,” someone interrupted before she could say anything.

 


            I can’t believe I’m going to have a lunch with this guy this afternoon. I can’t believe I’m following his order. This stranger order. I look at him beside me who was driving. Oh. My. God. Did I just sit in his car? Did I’m in his car? Like, right now? Serious? I cannot believe this is happening to me. The Park Jiyeon I knew, never listens to strangers orders.

            “Where are we going?” I ask while looking around on the outside. Then, I turn looking at him.

            “Lunch, of course,” he replied without looking at me.

            “Where are we going to have a lunch?” I ask again.

            “There’s this one café I used to eat, the food is nice. The view is nice too. I’m sure you’ll like it. So, just be patient. I’ll bring you there in a few minutes,” he said, smiling. I narrowed my eyes, looking back to the front.

            “I only ask where, I didn’t ask whether the food is nice, or the view is nice, or I’ll like it or not,” I said. But then, he stopped. He pulled the hand brake.

            “We’re here,” he said. Looking at me and smiling. I look to the outside and see a café towered proudly beside me. I smirk. Of course I’ll like it here. It’s the place where Qri unnie, Jaehyun oppa, Jieun, and Chen would meet up everytime.

            I open the door and walk out of his car. I walk to the café with him following behind me. My eyes wander for an empty table but then I spotted from the outside of the café someone I knew at the end of the café. Since, the café is decorated with all glass walls, so I clearly can see all the customers from the outside of the café.

            “Could you please find an empty table for us. I need to meet someone for a while,” I turn back, talking to him. He looks at me without replying anything.

            “Can’t I follow?” he asks, pouting. Hell no!

            “Why would you? Just go and find an empty table or I won’t listen to your important, between life and death will,” I said and walked away.

            I walk to the end of the café which is the most privacy spot. “Because….” I heard.

            “Jaehyun oppa?” I called.

            “Jiyeon? What are you doing here?” I look at the long hair girl that I love the most, Qri unnie who’s asking. Then, I look back at Jaehyun oppa.

            “I’m coming to have a lunch,” I said. Answering Qri unnie question.

            “So far? Just to have a lunch?” she asks again.

            “I came with a friend. To discuss something about business. That friend suggest it to be here. So yeah,” I lied. Friend? That rude guy? Oh please! Business? With that kind of person? I’m gonna go bankrupt.

            “Oh really? Then, go and have a business discussion with that friend, Jiyeon-ah. Oppa and unnie have something to discuss too. Would you mind to leave us alone?” Jaehyun oppa interrupted. Signaling me with his small eyes to leave.

            “Okay, I’m about to. Have a nice and smooth discussion then,” I said and leave.

            I walk around the café to find him but couldn’t see him anywhere, so I decided to go to the upper side of the café since he might be there when he’s not downstairs. I look around and saw him sitting by the glass window, sipping his tea or maybe coffee alone. I walk to him.

            “So, who are you meeting? A guy or a girl?” he asks right after I sat down. I look at him in disbelief. Did he just ask whom I’m meeting?

            “Why do you care?” I ask him.

            “Nothing. Forget about it. Anyway, while you’re leaving me alone here, I thought of something interesting. Why don’t we have game while having our sweet and romantic lunch?” he suggested with those so call sweet words. I feel like throwing up.

            “What kind of game?” I ask.

            “Truth or dare game. Do you know this game?” he asks. I nod. “Good then. Anyway, I’ve ordered your food. Spaghetti Carbonara, light cola and beef lasagna, isn’t it?” he asks again. Wait. How did he know my favourite here?!

            “How did you…”

            “I ask Jia. That secretary of yours,” he cut my words before I could finish asking.

            “O…kay….” I said. He is scary. Why did he find out everything about me?

            “So, back to the game. As you know, if you choose truth, you need to answer the question truthfully. And if you choose dare, you have to do what the other person asks you to do. If you hesitate or failed to do so, you need to receive your punishment. But since I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me, we cannot confirm whether what we say is true, right?” he asks.

            “We can just be honest, right?” I said. He sighs.

            “It’s no fun then,” he said.

            “Are we here to eat or to play a game?” I ask. He pouted. I sigh heavily and look outside the window for a while. Then, turn back looking at him. “Okay, what is it?” I ask.

            “Asa! So, I suggest that we only play the dare. How is it? Deal?” he showed me his thumbs. I think for a while and slowly nod. Why did I play along with him? I don’t know.

            While we’re busy talking, the food arrived. I silently enjoy my lunch and he enjoys his. I look at him eating and put down my cutlery. “Shall we begin?” he asks me when seeing me putting down my cutlery. He did the same. I nod.

            “Can I start?” I ask. He nods.

            “Sure. Start first. Before that, I haven’t seen you smile since we first met. Can you smile for me for a while?” he asks. I shook immediately. Then, I took out my phone and hand it to him. He took the phone and look at me weirdly.

            “Why can’t you smile to me? Is it that hard? Anyway, what’s with the phone?” he asks.

            “I didn’t smile since mummy and daddy died. So, don’t ask whether it’s hard to smile or not,” I said. He looks at me deeply. “Stop staring. Now, using that phone of mine, took a derp photo of yours. I want to keep it so that I can use it whenever you threaten me,” I said with a poker face.

            “Okay, as you wish. I will,” he said while taking his selfie. Why did he still look cute although with that kind of face? Damn it! Did I just compliment him by saying he’s cute? Damn it! He hand me back the phone and smile. “So, now it’s your turn,” he said.

            “What is my dare?” I ask him.

            “Did you see that guy over there?” he showed me a tall and scraggy guy sitting alone, a few tables from us. I nod. “Go and kiss him,” he said and chuckle. I gasped.

            “Are you nuts? Hell no!” I dispute.

            “So, you’re asking for a punishment?” he asks, making that evil face. Damn you man!

            “What is my punishment?” I ask since I’m not willing to kiss that guy so sudden. Can you imagine if I kiss that guy and suddenly he returns the kiss or he push me and slap me on the face? Omaigod I can’t imagine that!

            “Kiss me,” he said. With a serious expression.

            I startled. I look at him. He looks at me. After a few moments, I smirk. “I realize that I’m so damn rich with a countless amount of money and property, but I don’t know why I can’t afford to give you this one thing,” I said and continue eating.

            “You ask for your punishment,” he said. Holding my hand that was holding the fork. The fork fall from my hand. I look at him. And sigh. Heavily.

            “Okay. I will give you. But, with two conditions,” I said, pulling my hand from his grip. He showed me the ‘what?’ expression. I took a deep breath. “We’ll stop playing this game and I’m giving it to you when I’m ready,” I tell him. He smiles.

            “Are you saying we’re going to meet again after this?” he asks.

            “Because I know we won’t be meeting again, that’s why I’m saying to give you the kiss next time. It’s mean in your dream. Did you get that?” I said playfully. Suddenly, I felt like this is so funny that I smile.

            “Oh my! You smile! You just smile!” he cheered up. Wait. I smile? Did I just said, I smile? And he said, he saw me smile? I can feel the smile faded right now. “Smile again,” he said.

            “No,”

            “Your smile is so pretty. Smile always,” he said before continue eating.

            

Hello sweeties heart How's your day? I just want to say, I really like this chapter. And I hope you do too wink Anyway, please keep supporting me and leave many many comments! I'll appreciate all your efforts to leave me a comments~