TCL 19: The Hospital

This Cruel Life.

POV
I : Qri's
II : Jiyeon's


I.

            “Yah, Song Jieun! Why the hell did you call everyone? I only hurt my arm, not like my whole body, you know?” Mina scolds Jieun right after both Jiyeon and I arrive. Yes, it’s true that she only hurts her arm, her right arm that she uses all the time to write, to eat and to do everything and she say ‘only hurt her arm’? I’m so gonna kill this kid.

            “Even if it’s only arm, but it’s your right arm. You use your right arm to write isn’t it? To eat? So, it is a big trouble for you and big problem for us. And Jieun didn’t tell us for nothing,” I have to thank you, Jiyeon-ah. You just said something that an unnie like me should say.

            “Arasso, arasso. Mianhae. I’ll be more careful in the future,” Mina said, smiling. “Ji Hoon-ah, come here! Sit beside noona,” Mina calls Ji Hoon to her. I lift him and put him beside Mina. “Ji Hoon-ah, can I ask you something?” Mina asks Ji Hoon and he nods cutely. “Do you want mummy to get married?” Mina asks.

            “Yah!” I scold Mina. She chuckles.

            “Unnie, let me ask first. Who knows he wants a daddy?” Mina said, winking annoyingly. She turns looking to Ji Hoon back again. “So, answer noona’s question,” she said to my little son. Omaigod, my son is ruined because of you, Mina-ah!

            “I want,” Ji Hoon said. I’m going to faint.

            “Who would you want to be your daddy?” Mina asks again.

 

Flashback

            “Ji Hoon-ah, do you want a daddy?” I ask Ji Hoon whose lays on my lap. He nods happily. “What kind of daddy would you want?” I ask again. He wakes up from his lays and jump on me, hugging my neck. He kisses my cheeks.

            “Daddy will kiss mummy and Hoonie like this everyday,” he said. I chuckle and pin his cheek lightly. My son is so cute.

            “Hmm, who could that be?” I ask him again.

            “Mummy, that hyung,” he shows someone on my phone screen, on the table in front of us. I took my phone and take a look. Jaehyun!

            “Do you want this hyung be your daddy?” I ask him, showing Jaehyun’s photo on my lock screen. Yes, I did put his photo as my lock screen and that includes Jiyeon, Jieun, Chen, Mina and I. “Do you like him?” I ask Ji Hoon again. He nods. “Why?” I ask.

            “So handsome,” he said, showing me a thumb up.

            “What would you call him if mummy marries him?” Suddenly, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I’m so glad that Ji Hoon likes him and I don’t know why. But, even if Ji Hoon likes him, will he likes Ji Hoon?

            “Hyung daddy,”

Flashback end

            “Hyung daddy!” Ji Hoon cheers up.

            “Hyung daddy? Who is that?” Mina asks. Everyone is looking at me. I’m so flustered that I had to look away. “Unnie!” Mina calls but I ignore her. “Who the heck is hyung daddy?” she asks. And I keep ignoring her. Jieun and Jiyeon laugh out loud. Isn’t it obvious, duh!

            “Noona, here!” Ji Hoon walks to me and pull my phone from my hand. Then, he shows Mina something and I am very sure he is showing Jaehyun to Mina.

            “Ah, this hyung!” Mina exclaims.

            “Anyway, where’s Chen?” I ask, luring Mina to another topic. “Shouldn’t he be here for this little girl that he’s been taking care of like a baby just like how he takes care of his sister?” I smile, pinch Mina’s thigh lightly. Mina chuckles to my words. Not really because I said that, but because she can sense I’m trying to avoid keeps talking about the ‘hyung daddy’.

            “Mina seizes my phone before I could call Chen,” Jieun said, pouting. But then, my phone rang. I took back my phone from Ji Hoon and look the caller on the screen. Right on time you’re calling, Chen! I swipe the screen and put the phone on my ear.

            “Chen-ah, why?” I ask right after answering the call. “Is it?” I ask again. “Did he tell anyone except you?” I sounded so lifeless. I just can’t believe what Chen just told me. “When is he leaving?” I ask for the last time. “Arasso,” I hung up the call.

            “What is it? Who is leaving?” Jiyeon asks right away, noticing my expression.

            “Jaehyun. He is leaving to New York. Chen said, he’s leaving for a modeling job and he’ll stay there. He’s not coming back here. Just stay there. At New York,” I told them. All of them were so shocked to hear that.

            “How about his café?” Jiyeon asks again. Yeah! His café that he runs with all his efforts all this while. The one that he had dreamt of. Being a café owner.

            “He’s selling the café. He opens up a new one in New York and runs it there,” I told them exactly what did Chen told me. They was like, ‘This is so unbelievable’ to me. I can’t believe it either. The one who keeps saying that he loves me and will accept me no matter who am I, the one saying that I’m his future is leaving me after knowing the truth.

            “Are you going to just stay there? Go and catch him up at the airport!” Mina scolds me. “Even if you can’t see his face anymore for being this way, for doing this to you, at least-,” Mina stops. I look at her with some tears that stagnant in my eyes. “At least, SLAP him hard on the face and comes back here. Don’t let him leave peacefully,” Mina said, breathing hardly. I smile to her. She really knows how to bring up the atmosphere.

            “Should I?” I ask everyone. They all nod, agreeing to Mina. “Arasso. I’ll go and SLAP him hard before coming back here,” I said and took Ji Hoon. “Let’s go, my baby!” and left the room.

 


II.

            Ten minutes. That is the time right after Qri unnie left the room that Mina’s admitted before I left too to pay the hospital bill since Mina is ready to get discharged. Fortunately, nothing serious happens to her or else all of us will go crazy because Mina’s musical is only left a few days before it starting. Everything will be in a mess if the director weren’t there.  

            “I’m paying the bill for Miss Kwon Mina,” I said to the cashier. She smiles and took the slip of paper that the doctor gave me just now and look through it.

            “Have you taken the medicine yet?” the cashier asks. I shook. “You took the lift and went straight to level 4. There’s a pharmacy there. Take this paper back to them. They will give you the medicine and another slip of paper, come back here for the payment,” she explains.

            “Okay then,” I said, took the paper on her hand. When I was about to turn around, I bumps into someone. And aww that was hurt! This person is some kind of log or something?

            “Jiyeon-shi,” that person I was bumped into remarks. I look straight. My eyes grew wider. How could I met…met…? Arghh!! “Why didn’t you pick up my call?”

            “Sehun-shi! Ahh~ I’m busy. I’ll go first,” I said, excusing myself in a hurry. But, he’s being fast by grabbing my arm and pull me back, standing in front of him.

            “I’m not yet finish talking to you. How dare you leaving so fast?” he asks, smirking. His evil side has come back! That arrogant face! “Let’s talk for a while. I have A LOT to say and you have A LOT to explain to me,” he said, pulling my hand.

            “Jiyeon-ah!”

            OMAIGOD, JIEUN-AH! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT YOU COME ON THE RIGHT TIME AND THANK YOU DEAR GOD FOR SENDING MY LOVELY JIEUNNIE RIGHT ON TIME OR I’LL DIE ON TIME. Thank you, dear God!

            “Yah! Why did you pull Jiyeon’s hand?” Jieun scold this Sehun guy after running clumsily in her heels to me. I smile and made a ‘V’ sign to Jieun. She frowns, looking at me.

            “I need to talk to her for a while. If you let me this time, I swear to God I won’t be seeing her again for the time being. Now, you take this paper,” Sehun takes the paper on my hand and gives it to Jieun. “and go to level 4 for the medicine and come back here for the payment. Thank you,” he said and bow.

            “Omaigod! You heard my conversation with the cashier?” I ask. Heol! Is he a spy or what?

            “I’ve been standing behind you for a while if you want to know,”

            Heol!

            Heol!

            Heol!

            Heol!