TCL 16: The Ambitions

This Cruel Life.

POV
I : Jieun's
II : Sehun's


I.

            Jiyeon’s and Mina’s jaw drops and that include myself. I just can’t have to  believe what I just heard. Is it real? Is it totally real? Is it really, really real? That was the questions that keep repeating in my mind. For four years, four years I’ve ever known these girls in front of me, this is the first time I’ve been this shocked and I feel like chocking. I don’t blame her, but is it true that she just told us about this, like right now? Heol.

            “I have a child. It’s a boy,”

            Two, was the number of the sentences. Seven, was the number of the words. Five, was the number of the seconds she said that. Heol. It’s a heol. It’s a total heol!

            “I just don’t get it. Why don’t you explain to us? We met four years ago and you’re totally flat. I mean, your tummy. There’s no sign of you pregnant. So, what’s with a child?” Jiyeon, is the one who asks. Mina and I nod, agreeing to Jiyeon. She’s true. And we need explanation over here!

            “You all know that I’m your repeating my year right?” Qri unnie question us, and we nods. “As you know, studying medic took at least 5 years to finish. I started my first year when I’m 19. And supposedly I finish when I’m 23. But, I end up finish when I’m 24. We met when we’re 20. Am I right?” once again, Qri unnie question us.

            “Just get straight to the point,” I exclaim.

            “I was pregnant of him when I’m 19 and I gave birth to him when I was 20, right before I enter the college again. That was because I postponed my class until I gave birth. And then I entered the college back again and that’s how I met all of you and I graduated with all of you,” she explains.

            “So, that means, you postponed the class when you’re going to give birth only? So, the whole college knew that you were pregnant except for us? Is it?” this time, Mina is the one who asks. Qri unnie shook her head.

            “No, not really. Just a few of them. Because my tummy isn’t that big like some of other pregnant ladies, and I wears loosen clothes to cover them. I was so ashamed at that time. Everyone that know and suspects keep staring weirdly at me,” she said and stop for a while. “Actually, I want to apologize for keeping this as a secret because I have him in such unacceptable reason,” she continued.

             “And the reason is?” Mina asks again.

            “I was . By my dad,” she sobs. I her back, trying to calm her down. For her to accept the fact that she was by her own father, I can tell how she was hurt. And I can tolerate why she kept this as a secret to herself all this while. Now is the only time that I know, why she can never went back to meet her family all this while.

            “Did you tell Chen and Jaehyun oppa yet? I bet it’s a no, right?” Mina asks again. I wonder, since when did Mina become so talkative to ask so many questions. Qri unnie nods.

            “I don’t know how to tell them especially Jaehyun. I’m afraid. I’m afraid that he cannot accept me and the fact that I have a child,” Qri unnie confide. All of us shook, denying what she said. There’s no way Jaehyun oppa will hate her just because of this. He loves her so much and I know that.

            “No. You don’t think that way. Jaehyun oppa will be fine about it,” Jiyeon said, soften her heart.

            “Yeah, I agree. Jaehyun oppa is so in love with you, you know. When are you planning to tell them anyway? Don’t take such a long time to tell. You will cause trouble to yourself,” Mina said, cautious about the outcome by not telling the two boys earlier.

            “I’m thinking of tonight. I’ll be inviting all of you for dinner at my apartment. Is that okay with you? Are you free?” Qri unnie asks all of us. We look at each other with a are-we-free-tonight face and turns back looking at Qri unnie.

            “I think it is fine with us. We’ll ask the boys okay. Don’t worry,” I said. “Anyway, where is he? Your baby boy,” I ask. Suddenly, I can see her pretty smile created on her lips. That boy will be the luckiest son in the world to have Qri unnie as his mummy.

            “At my sister house. I’m picking him up this evening. Anyone coming along?” Qri unnie offered. All of us are bickering to one another to follow Qri unnie. In the end, all of us decided to follow and that makes things better.

            “Wait a minute. You said you’re showing us something and what is that something? You haven’t showed it to us yet,” Jiyeon suddenly remembered of something. Yeah, I just remember that too. Nice memory you got there, Park Jiyeon!

            “Oh yeah! That thing. Wait up,” Qri unnie said. Seems like she also just remembered about that ‘something’. She went up to her room for a few minutes and came back downstairs bringing a piece of white envelope and give us. Mina took it.

            “What is this?” I ask.

            “Open up,” she said. We open up the white envelope and took out a piece of sheet, reading out the content of the letter. Heol! That’s how I can describe what we just saw using our own real eyes. All of us look at Qri unnie in disbelief.

            “Is this true? You just got accepted into the Asan Medical Center? Are you kidding? This is not a joke right?” I ask. She smile and shook.

            “Nope. This is a true story. This is what I’ve been dreaming to be all this while. To be a gynecologist doctor and my dream comes true. I can’t believe it either at first, but that’s the fact. I guess this is my son’s sustenance,” she smiles widely while saying that.

            Jiyeon, Mina and I congratulate her for her achievement on being the gynecologist doctor. It’s been her dream all this while. And she manages to achieve what she wanted to be. With me being a boutique owner, Jiyeon as a JY Corporation Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Qri unnie as a gynecologist doctor and Mina as a musical director, now I can say that we’re all succeeds in our life!

 


II.

Flashback

            “Sehunnie, just got back home?” Mummy approach as I enter the house. I look at her. Suddenly I felt so nervous, so stutter. I don’t know what to do. And everything that Jiyeon said by the beach last night come across my mind. That parent is the one we must appreciate the most.

            “Yeah,” just a short reply, I manage to say. Mummy smile to me and was about to walk away before I call. She turns back facing me and smile again. “Since I just got back and feel exhausted, could you bring me some drinks? And after that, can we have a talk?” finally, I manage to say those words.

            “Sure,” just one word coming out from , have made me felt so calm and relief.

            A few minutes passed, and here is mummy came back with two glass of guava juice that I bet she make it on her own because it looks refreshing. I thank her and put a slight smile for her on my lips. And I invited her to sit first before I began to talk. I look down and hold her hand in mine.

            “How’s your relationship with Woori right now?” I ask. Without looking up to her face and just stick to the floor. She pulls her right hand and put it on my hand. And she taps on my hand several times.

            “I’m so good with her right now. She apologizes that day and I am so glad to have her accept me as her mother. It’s been a long time and she began to accept me, I am so touched. My dear Sehunnie, why did you ask darling?” Mummy asks. This time, my shoulder. I look at her.

            “I ask because,” I stop. I feel like crying but I have to maintain my cool side or I end up crying looks so horrible and omaigod, that is impossible to happen! “because I want to do the same. I want to apologize to you for what I’ve done that I shouldn’t. I know I’m wrong. I know I’ve been so harsh to you and daddy. I am so sorry because I used to think to kill you and daddy because of hatred. I’m so sorry, mummy!” and I cry, hugging her. Jiyeon mustn’t look at me like this.

            I could her mummy sobs.

            “No dear. I should be the one who apologize. I’m the one at wrong. I never think of your heart. I never think about your priority. I’m the one who is sorry. I’m sorry, Sehun-ah,” Mummy cry, hugging me tighter. She whispers ‘I love you’ into my ear. Somehow, I feel like we’re lovers. But, I, being her son, is more than a lovers. Because I love her too.

Flashback end

 

            Thinking that I’ve getting along with Woori’s daddy and accept mummy back again, I must thank Jiyeon for that. She spent her night and said just a few words, she is the first that able to change my heart for just one night. I must say, she is an incredible woman. She is daebak! I really need to see her. And to make that happen, I’m calling her right now. Unfortunately, it’s a voicemail.

            I tried calling her many times and it got through the line, but no one’s picking up. Is she avoiding me or she really can’t hear her phone is ringing. I try calling for the last time, and finally someone is picking up the call which I think is her, but she said nothing. She just picks up the call and said, nothing!

            “Jiyeon-shi?” I call.

            “Aniyo. It’s not Jiyeon. It’s Qri. Her sister a.k.a bestfriend. Who is this? You’ve been calling for many times and that somehow disturbs,” the person on the line who is known as Qri said. Why the hell did this woman pick up the call on her phone?

            “Can I talk to Jiyeon-shi please?” I ask.

            “She’s not feeling well or should I say, not here? She went to the clinic about an hour ago and hadn’t come back yet. And she left her phone. Is there any message that you would like me to tell her? I’ll tell when she come back later,” she said.

            “It’s okay. I’ll call back later and make sure she is the one who pick up the call. Not her sister, her bestfriend or even her neighbor. Her!” I said, hanging up the call. 

 

 

The next update will be Hunji's moments~! So, leave many many comments so that I'll be faster on updating because I love reading and replying to your comments heart