TCL 2: The Stepsister

This Cruel Life.

      It’s a long yet tiring day for Oh Sehun. It won’t make him that tired if he got back home early yesterday. But, all he did was clubbing, drinking and playing with some random girls, sometimes making out with that girl he’s hitting on at such a young age. It’s been like that for the past 6 years since he was 17. Since the day he started to hate his mother and his stepfather.

     “Yah Oh Sehun! What are you doing all night not coming back home? Where did you sleep last night?” Sehun’s mother scold him as soon as he throw his light body on his bed. He opened his eyes a bit staring at his mother who’s standing in front of him with hands on her hip.

     “Don’t you know I’m tired? Get the hell out of here and leave me alone,” he said, slowly. While he is still in a good mood.

     “Hell out of here? I never taught you to speak to me like that! How rude you are right now! Show me some respect. I’m your mother! And I’m not getting out of here until you tell me where have you been last night?” Sehun’s mother nagged him.

     “GET OUT!” he shouted and pushed his mother hard until she fell down. His mother looks so shocked. Her jaw dropped. She never thinks that her son would turn out to be like this. It’s been 6 years, why can’t he just let it go and move on with the new life?

     “I’m not getting out, I said,” his mother quickly got up and hit Sehun’s body making him grew wilder. He got off from the bed and drags his mother out of his room and harshly closed the door. It’s such a big house but the ‘bang’ sound of the door can be clearly heard until the kitchen.

     “Wow! That’s loud,” someone who walked past by Sehun’s mother said. She looks up.

     “Woori-ah, you just got back either? Where have you been? Why did both of you just got back this morning? Where did you sleep last night?” Sehun’s mother shoot many questions to the y lady standing in front of her, Go Woori. Her husband daughter with the previous wife.

     “That’s too much to answer and I don’t answer a questions,” Woori said and was about to walk away to her room. But, Sehun’s mother pulled her hand.

     “Wait!” she stopped Woori from keeps walking. “What are you wearing? Why is it too revealing?” she asks Woori pointing at the short sparkling black dress she’s wearing.

     “Aish, this old woman! Yah! You’re not even my mother, you know?” she replied and left her. She walks to her room which the only interval room from Sehun’s. She did the same thing as the next door. The ‘bang’ sound can be heard until the kitchen.

     Finished bathing and changing to a loosen white shirt and shorts, she walks out of the room and knock on Sehun’s room before entering. As she entered the room, Sehun’s is wearing a shirt. She can tell he just finished bathing as well.

     “What do you want?” Sehun ask without looking back as he already knows whose coming in right after a knock. She always did this.

     “Thanks for last night, stepbrother. It was amazing!” she said, seductively. “Am I good?” she asks when she got no respond from Sehun after a while. Sehun turn back facing her and smirk. He walks slowly to her. He wrapped his hand on her waist and pulled her closer.

     “You’re damn hot, baby!” he whispered to Woori’s ear. “Despite your old age,” he continued, looking straight to her eyes. Woori’s smile fading. He peck on Woori’s lips and let her go. Walking back to his closet.

     “Should we make out again tonight?” Woori get out of his insinuate and asks.

    “I usually not making out with the same girl, but since you’re so hot last night,” he stopped and turn back, looking at Woori, “I’ll think about it,” he said, smirking.

     “I’ll be waiting,” she said, seductively and left his room.

     “Waiting my ,” Sehun said, as she walked out of the room.

 


     “Are you Mr. Jung Hwa and Mrs. Park Young II relatives?” the caller on the other line asks. Why does it feel so different? Why did this person called and asks for mommy and daddy? That’s what been playing in my mind.

     “Yes. I’m her daughter,” but I still answered his question.

     “Could you please come to the hospital? Your parents was admitted to the hospital a few hours ago but no one came to look after them. Luckily, your mother kept your phone number in her purse. That’s why I called you,” the woman said. I feel like my heart fell to the ground.

     “Wh..what is it happened? Who are you?” I ask. My voice is shaking.

     “Why don’t you come first? I’ll tell you when you arrived. I’m the doctor in charge for your parents. When you arrived just come to the emergency section and ask for Dr. Lee JooYeon,” she said calmly. I hung up the call and immediately drove to the hospital.

     Right after I’ve arrived, I immediately went up to the emergency section and look for Dr. Lee JooYeon at the information counter. I quickly run to her room after find out her place.

     “Doctor!” I spiked into the door.

     “Yes?” the doctor asks. She pulled off her spectacles.

    “How are my parents? Why are they admitted?” I ask clumsily. The doctor sigh and ask me to sit in front of her. I slowly took a sit and paid a full attention to what she’s going to say.

   “Miss Park, I hope you will calm down and not getting stressed out about what I’m going to say,” she said. I nod although I feel hesitate. “They’ve been hit while across the road at the back of this hospital. By someone who’s not even drunk. I don’t know. It’s a hit and run. They’re critical. I can’t tell you if they can make it or not,” she said. I feel like my soul fly out of my body. I can’t say a word.

   “Hit…and run?” I ask again. The doctor nods. “What are they doing here? How did you know the driver is not drunk?” I ask, slowly.

    “They’re here to donate their blood and register for an internal parts of body donation after they died,” the doctor told me. I nod, understand. It’s been your dream since a long time ago, mommy daddy. I’m glad you made it to register.

    “Miss Park,” someone interrupted Jiyeon’s day dream. Jiyeon look at the person who called her. It’s the butler. Daddy’s butler.

    “Yes?” she responded him.

    “You need to be at the office tomorrow. It’s been a month since Mr. and Mrs. Park funeral, so the lawyer need to read Mr. Park will to you,” the butler said. She nod.

    “Okay. I’ll be there tomorrow. What time?” she ask him.

    “9am,”