TCL 23: The 'Back Again'

This Cruel Life.

POV
I : Qri's
II : Sehun's
III : Jiyeon's


I.

I’ve called each of Ji Hoon’s friend’s parent number that I get from Teacher Oh to ask whether they’ve seen Ji Hoon when he left with that guy who admits that he is my husband, but none of them saw him. I’m getting worried. According to Mina and Jieun, today is Chen’s turn to pick up Ji Hoon but I couldn’t get through him. I keep trying to call him but he won’t pick up the call. But then, a message came in. I took my phone on the passenger seat and look on the screen. Ji Hoon!

Mummy, I’m already at home~
When are you coming back? I’m waiting outside.
I couldn’t remember your password.
Come back home, faster! I miss you.

            Was what he saying in the text. This is how Ji Hoon always talks to me whether in text messages or on call, but this isn’t how Ji Hoon types it. He types it differently. But still, I replied the text message just in case it is Ji Hoon who sent the message.

Arasso! Mummy is on my way.
The password is your birthday. Get in first!
I miss you too~

            Sent!

            I speed up my driving to arrive home early. Reaching the parking lot, I adjust my car into the box and quickly come out of the car and went straight to my house. Somehow, today’s lift to my level is moving so slow.

            Arriving to my house, I immediately enter the password to my house and walk in. Thank God the first person I saw sitting on the couch inside the house is my son. “Ji Hoon-ah!” I scream out his name and run to him. Kissing both his cheek, I took him into my hug.

            “Where did you go? Didn’t mummy told you to wait for me at the kindergarten? I’m so worried, you know? Who did you follow? Did he hurt you somewhere? Let me smack him on his !” I’m fussing over the unknown guy to Ji Hoon.

            He chuckles to me.

            “Mummy,” he calls cutely. “Don’t worry. It’s my daddy,” he said. Pointing to the kitchen. I look to Ji Hoon’s hand direction. “My daddy is back,” I heard Ji Hoon said, while hugging my neck. “I’m so happy,” he said again.

            “Ji Hoon-ah,” I call his name without turning to him. “Who told you he’s your daddy?” I scold him. I turn looking at Ji Hoon angrily. “Why did you follow a stranger? Who told you to admit any stranger as your daddy?” I smack his leg lightly. He pouted and started to cry.

            “Qri-ah!” he shout my name. I glare at him.

            “Jaehyun-shi, please get out of my house,” I said to him.

            He ignores my words and went straight to the crying Ji Hoon. He lifts Ji Hoon into his hug and his back. Trying to calms Ji Hoon down while comforting him. But, Ji Hoon keeps on crying, and getting louder.

            “What have you done to your own son? I just bring him home and that’s all,” Jaehyun scold me. I smirk at him and took Ji Hoon from him. I Ji Hoon’s back and comforts him. I persuade him to stop crying and apologize. Then only, Ji Hoon began to slowly stop crying.

            “He is my son and I can do anything to him. Who are you to simply take him home when I never ask you to do so? You’re not only worrying me, but everyone. Mina, Jieun, Jiyeon. They are all worried about him!” I scold him back.

            “I was just trying to spend some time with him,” he said, slowly.

            “For what? You’re not even his dad to do so. In fact, he doesn’t even have a dad. So, don’t bother to spend some time with him. He did not need you or anyone to be his so call dad,” I nark him. He sighs heavily and pulls me closer to him.

            “But, he’ll need me from now on. So do you,” he try to persuade but it won’t work so easily on me. After leaving me shamelessly a year ago at the airport, crying like crazy, don’t expect to come back into my life easily after a few sweet words.

            “I didn’t say so,” I said.

            “Your mouth didn’t say so. But your heart did. You told me a year ago that you love me. You want me to be Ji Hoon’s daddy. Now that I’m back, let’s get to where we were before. I didn’t leave you because I want to, Qri-ah. It’s because I need to,” he said, holding my hand. Ji Hoon is already asleep in my arms.

            “Excuses,” I said. “For your information, I don’t love you anymore and I’m not thinking of getting married anymore since that one guy left me a year ago. It is such an embarrassing moment in my whole life so I won’t forget those,” I told him. I was hoping for him to get pissed off and left, but instead he’s smiling.

            “It’s okay. If a year ago I can make you fall in love with me, I will do it again this time. And I promise that we will get married before you turn 27,” he said and hug me. “I never stop loving you and will never stop loving you,” he whispers.

            Before leaving, he placed a kiss on my forehead and pressed his lips on mine. “I love you, my cutie pretty princess,”

 


II.

           

            Going back home, I see Woori noona staring weirdly towards me. I frown, looking at her but then, she laugh loudly. I smirk and walk upstairs to my room. Changing my clothes and took a refreshing bath, I put on my pajamas and lay on my bed. A few minutes later, when I was about to enter the dream land, knocks were heard on the door. I sigh heavily and walk slowly towards the door. I see Woori noona standing in front of my room, holding a glass of milk. She passes me the milk.

            “What’s with the milk so suddenly?” I ask. She smile and enter the room, sitting while crossing his legs on my bed. I walk to her while sipping the milk and took a sit beside her.

            “I heard someone is crossing over his turn on marriage,” she said. Ahh~ she heard the news. No wonder she’s acting so weirdly. She wanted me to tell her first just now I guess, but I don’t get her hint. Did she probably know the bride-to-be? “Is it Jiyeon? I heard mummy said Ms. Park. So, I was curious,” she asks. I nod.

            “Sadly, yeah,” I said.

            “Sadly? Did I hear it wrong?” she frowns, asking.

            “No. What I meant by ‘sadly’ was, she said those. When I ask her whether she is my bride-to-be, she said, ‘Sadly, yes’. That’s what I mean,” I told her. She nods, understand.

            “She’s still shock,” Woori noona tap my shoulder, comforting my miserable heart. I smile and nod, taking another sip of the milk. “Anyway, congratulations on getting married before your sister. I suddenly feel old,” she said and laughs.

            “Don’t be. You’re not that old. 26, isn’t it?” I ask. She nods. “Who knows you’ll find the right guy right after I’m married? Because I think I won’t be getting married in this short time. She still need some time to make a decision. Well, I might not get married, in fact,” I told her. She doesn’t look shock as she knows how Jiyeon is.

            “I’m sure you will. Jiyeon may look stubborn but she loves her parents more than anyone else,” she said. “I should go to sleep now. It’s late. Finish the milk and put it in front of the door. The maid will take it for you later if you’re being a lazy to go downstairs,” she said before left.

 


III.

 

            I throw my body on the couch in the living room right after I reach home. It’s been a tiring day for me since the shocking news. Including the news that Ji Hoon is missing, following some other strangers whom I don’t even know. Ah! Ji Hoon! I haven’t call Qri unnie yet to ask about him. Did she find him yet? She hasn’t calls me too. I took my phone in my bag and speed dial unnie’s number.

            “Hmm Jiyeon-ah,” Qri unnie mumbles.

            “Are you eating right now?” I ask. She answers the question with a short ‘Hmm’. “So, since you happily eating right now, Ji Hoon is found.  5 wives, I husband. What happen to him? Who did he follow? Why did he follow? When did he come back? Which area in Seoul did he go?  How did you found him?” I ask, making Qri unnie choke.

            “Let me swallow my food first,” she said. Seconds later, “I’ll answer one only. He follows Jaehyun,” she said calmly.

            “Jaehyun? Jaehyun oppa? Ahn Jaehyun? He is back?” I ask. Once again, she just ‘Hmm’ as an answer. “When did he come back? Ah! That’s why Chen told me to not worry because he is following someone that Ji Hoon wanted to meet for a long time,” I said.

            “Chen?” Qri unnie question me.

            “Yeah. I call Chen right after you call me. And yeah, that’s what he told me. I never thought it was Jaehyun oppa because I thought he’s not coming back here. That’s what Chen told us back then, right?” I question her back.

            “Whatever. As long as Ji Hoon is back, I’m good,” she said.

            “Did you meet him?” I ask.

            “Meet who? Jaehyun? Yes. Because I need to chase him out of my house before I start taking law action towards him for making me worried to death on kidnapping my son and invaded my house,” she said and let me guess, in one breath? Because she’s panting so hard right now.

            “I think he feels guilty to you and just wanted to make it up with you? Did you forgive him and talk nicely? Or you scold, maybe scream to him?” I ask. “Wait! Let me guess, you scold him isn’t it? And a little bit screaming because I heard the word ‘chase’ just now,”

            “Yeah,”

            Am I just great? Guessing to everything correctly?

            “You need to tell me the whole story so we’ll tomorrow at lunch,” I told her and was about to hung up to avoid her ton of excuses.

            “Did you forget that I’m not working today and I’m not a doctor that can predict when will the mother’s at the hospital laboring unless they labor on their due date so I can't simply going out from the hospital when I am working. In fact, it's not my family's hospital. Bye,”

             She hung up.

            And I forget about that.