TCL 5: The Phone Call

This Cruel Life.

            Just like what Yongguk told me this morning that I need to meet the representative from this one company, I’ve already arrived. And I’m glad that Yongguk willingly come with me since I’m not familiar with this kind of meeting. According to Jia, my secretary that I met this morning, the meeting is just a casual one. They just want to say sorry for my loss.

            “Miss Park?” someone suddenly enter the private dining room of the restaurant I’m waiting and remark. I turn back, looking at the voice owner. It’s an old man with an old woman. Around daddy’s and mummy’s age, I think. Must be daddy’s friend.

            “Yes,” I responded. They smile to me before coming in.

            “We’re sorry for being late. I need to face the traffic jam,” the old man said and pull out his hand for a handshake to me and Yongguk. So do the old woman. I took after their handshake.

            “That’s okay. I understand. Please have a sit,” I invited them. They took a sit in front of me and Yongguk.

            “Just call me Mr. Go,” he said. “This is my wife, Mrs. Go,” he introduced the woman beside him. I look at both of them and nod.

            “This is my important employee. My trusted one starting from now on, Mr. Bang Yongguk. I’m sure you’ve met him before?” I introduced Yongguk to the two old figures in front of me. They smile and nod.

            “I’ve met him before. He is also Mr. Park trusted person, right?” Mr. Go asks. I nod. “I’m sorry for your loss. Mr. Park is such a great person,” he then said. I look down, hearing his saying.

            “I know. My daddy is such a great person. I know that,” I told him. Yongguk my back slowly, knowing that I feel hurt right now. Losing mummy and daddy is the most hurtful thing I’ve ever felt all this while. If it’s not because of that unknown guy hit them, they would still alive.

            “I hope you’ll be patient with all this,” Mrs. Go said. I nod. “By the way, I’m bringing my son. But, he’s going to be late. I hope you don’t mind if we eat first?” Mrs. Go continued.

            “Sure,” I nod.

            After 15 minutes of our long silent lunch, suddenly someone comes in without knocking. I put down my cutlery and look behind towards the door. A tall guy with a suit.

            “Sorry, I’m late,” he said.

            I turn back my look on the dish in front of me without saying anything. I took the napkin on the table and wipe my lips. I saw the guy that just came in took a sit beside his mother without saying anything then and immediately eat his dish. This guy sure doesn’t have manners.

            “You should’ve knock first before coming in,” I said in a strict tone. My eyes still stick on my dish while everyone eyes focus on me. Including that no manners guy.

            “Are you talking about me?” he asks.

            “I’m talking about you,” I glare at him.

            “Wait, I’ve seen you somewhere. Aren’t you the sandwich girl?” he asks, pointing to my face. Sandwich? Ah! That arrogant guy, bragging about his handsome looks.

            “I’m talking about how rude you are entering without knocking while we’re having lunch. Don’t just simply change the topic. And one more thing, I can accept someone being late, but not someone being so rude in front of the elders. You should've stand and bow first,” I said in a cold voice, strictly.

            “I’ve said sorry,” he said. I can see he is not satisfied with me being so noisy about how rude he is. But, isn’t something like this should be reproved so that he can learn his mistakes?

            “Is sorry should be saying with that manners?” I look at him fiercely. Yongguk my back slowly once again, calming me down. He seems to know that I’m burning inside right now.

            “I’m sorry for my son’s rude behavior Miss Park. Yah, Sehun-ah. Apologize now. Sincerely,” Mrs. Go apologize to me and force him to say sorry towards me. I stand up and throw the napkin on my lap on the table.

            “The lunch is over. Yongguk-ah, let’s go,” I said and was about to walk out of the room.

            “Miss Park!” I heard Mr. Go called my name. I stop without turning back facing him.

            “Don’t worry, Mr. Go. This useless thing happening today won’t affect on me and our business after this. Just take it as a horrible lunch ever of my life. I hope you will not bring that son of yours in our next lunch together,” I told him and walk out of the room.

            “Miss Park,” Yongguk called me. Catching up my pace. I turn back facing him.

            “I’m sorry for the lunch,” he apologizes. I shook.

            “It wasn’t your fault,” I told him.

 


            “Jia-ah, can you please call these names and arrange a lunch with them tomorrow? I’ve stated their phone numbers there,” I ask Jia on her place. She smile and nods. Jia, a Chinese girl that looks fierce on the outside but so soft in the inside.

            “Sure,” she said. I was about to enter my room again when she called me. “Mr. Bang is not in today. He just called me to inform you. Incase you need any help, you can just ask me,” Jia said. I nod, understand.

            “Okay,” I said. I was about to walk inside my room back again but then I stop. “Jia-ah,” I called. She looked at me. “Where in China is your hometown?” I ask.

            “Urmm…Beijing. Why?” she ask.

            “If we have some time, bring me there, can you? I’ve never been to China before. Before mummy and daddy died, they used to have a plan to bring me to China for a vacation but they didn’t make it. I suddenly feel like going,” I said.

            “Sure,” she said and smile. I nods and went inside.

            Right after I lay my on the chair, suddenly the phone rang. I feel so lazy to pick up the call at first since Jia told me before that there is no important meeting or occasion for today, so that must be some random calls coming in. They said, sometimes that always happens. But, it irritates me since it rang so loud. I decided to pick up the call.

            “Hello,” I answered.

            “Park. Ji. Yeon?” the caller call my name one by one. Who the hell is this?

            “Who are you?” I ask.

            “The one you called rude. Oh Sehun,” he said. Ah~ that guy. What is it that he wants? Why did he call me? Probably to seek a revenge?

            “Yes?” I ask, shortly.

            “I would like to meet up. There’s something unsettle between us. When are you free?” he asks straightly. I smirk. Meet up? Hell no man.

            “I’m busy,” I answered him shortly.

            “I’m not stupid. If you’re so busy, you won’t be able to even pick up my call but you did. So, we better meet up or…”

            “Or what?” he couldn’t finished his words when I cut him.

            “I’ll pick you up this evening at the office,” he said and hung up. Like I will follow his . You cannot make me follow me Oh Sehun-shi. That is impossible!