TCL 4: The Office

This Cruel Life.

            My phone rang for the thousandth time I can’t count. I just don’t get it. Why do people insist to keep calling when the other party are not picking up the phone? They can just stop calling and call back the other day. Why do they make themselves trouble and irritated? They make the person they called annoyed as well and that goes the same with me. I harshly took out the phone from my pocket jeans that are scattered on the floor.

            “Finally, you answer my call Oh Sehun-shi,” the caller said.

            “What do you want?” I ask lazily as I know whose the caller hearing the voice. That seductive voice that only belongs to my one and only stepsister, Go Woori. Ahh! I hate that .

            “What do you mean what do I want? Of course I want you. I’ve been waiting for you like hell here and yet you still didn’t show up. Where the hell are you? You’ve promised that tonight will be our night,” Woori said. I sigh heavily.

            “I’m at home. I’m tired. Let’s just make out another time,” I said and was about to hung up.

            “Since when you’re tired when it comes to ? Come on babe. I know you’re not at home because I’m here. In your room. You’re with another girl, right? Admit it,” Woori irritate.

            “I’m not,” I lied.

            “Baby, what are doing there? Come here, I want you,” the girl I slept with suddenly wakes up. Damn it, girl! You ruined my plan!

            “And you still dare to say that you’re not. Come to me right now or you’re living in hell after this. I’m going to make sure that my daddy are not leaving you anything when he’s dead. You have 20 minutes,” Woori said and hung up. that girl!

            I quickly pick up my clothes on the floor and wear it as fast as lightning. I look at the girl I slept on the bed sleeping soundly. Goodbye baby! It’s our first and last meeting for now. I hope we don’t meet again. Thanks for sweet night!

            I drove my car so fast but I’m still late 5 minutes. When I got inside the house, I saw Woori was about to climb the stairs. Damn! She looks y wearing that lingerie without anything on inside. She turns looking at me and smirk.

            “You’re late,” she said. And left to upstairs. I follow her upstairs. From behind, I saw her entering her room and not mine. I follow her steps and went inside her room. I see her lay on her bed, crossing her legs while holding a magazine.

            “Don’t you want me?” I ask smirking while removing my shirts.

            “I keep my words. You’re late,” she said, ignoring me.

            “You’re so hot tonight,” I tried to kiss her but she push me away.

            “Stop it Sehun. You do this to get the property, don’t you? Keep on dreaming. Now, get your shirts on and out of my room. I’m trying to have a deep slumber tonight without no one disturbing,” Woori said, without looking at me. I sigh annoyed.

            I pick up my shirts on the floor and wear it back. I glare at Woori for a second before going out of her room. I will pay for this, Go Woori!

 


            It’s only 8 in the morning and I already need to get up because the butler said I’m going to the office to start working immediately. I’m still not ready and I don’t even know what to do. I really need Qri unnie by my side right now but I can’t ruin her vacation.

            “Are you ready, Miss Park?” the driver ask me ruining my fantasy. I look at him and nod. He press the pedal and the car move fast on the road. Oh the way there, I just keep on silent as the driver focusing on the road.

            After half and hour, I finally arrived at the office. I took the lift and went straight to my office on the 28th floor. Right after I come out of the lift, each worker there greet me with a smile on their face. I want to smile back but after the accident to mummy and daddy, I just couldn’t find my smile back.  I just nod to them.

            “You’ve arrived,” Lawyer Yoon comes to me with a tall guy. He got a strict face. I turn my look facing Lawyer Yoon in front of me and nod. “This is Bang Yongguk. He is the same age with you but despite his young age, he actually had been working here for almost 4 years. That means he started working here when he was 20. He is the one I told you. Your daddy’s trustful workers,” Lawyer Yoon introduced the guy beside him to me.

            “Hello,” I put out my hand for a handshake. He took after my hand.

         “Hello, I’m Bang Yongguk. You can call me Yongguk. Nice to meet you,” he greeted me. I nod, listening to his introducing oneself session.    

            “I hope you can give me a big help since I know nothing about this field,” I told him. He nodded, smiling. His smile, quite sweet and charming.

            “Okay then, Miss Park. I’ll leave you with Mr. Bang then. I still got some works to do,” Lawyer Yoon excused himself.

            “Let’s go to my room first,” I invited him. He followed my steps until daddy’s room that is mine right now. Daddy, I’m going to run this company successfully just like how you did. I promise. “Come in,” I told him before I turn the door knob. I was amazed by the decoration of daddy's office room. It's just so lovely and calm! To be honest, I've never been here before so I just imagined that daddy's office will be same like the others. But it's quite different. "Is this really the office?" I ask him. He nods. "Wow, so beautiful! It even have the balcony for me to rest. I really like this," I praised the office.

            “Yeah, Mr. Park knows that one day his lovely daughter will inherit the company so he wants you to be comfortable with your office surroundings and likes its here. Anyway, since it’s your first time here, I’m going to help you with anything you don’t understand. I heard that you studied accounting. It’s almost the same with running the business. You don’t have to worry. You can count on me,” he said as I sat down on my place.

            “Please have a sit,” I told him. He sat in front of me. “So, is there anything I should do or know today?” I ask him after he sat down. He nods.

            “I know it’s the first day you’re working, but there’s this one company who would like to meet you today. I’m not sure on what purpose. You should ask your secretary. I’ll introduce her to you later. They would like to have a lunch with you,” Yongguk said.

            “So, it’s on noon. What should I do now?” I ask again.

            “You will come with me to the meeting room since you need to introduce yourself the general manager, manager and all the important staff on this level. After that, I’ll explain to you how this company runs and a little bit about the company that merge with JY Corporation,” he said.

            “So, for now, should we?” I showed him the door. He nod, understand. I’m going to the meeting room to introduce myself as the new CEO in JY Corporation.