TCL 13: The Friendship

This Cruel Life.

            “I’m sorry for ruining your survey,” was what Mina said right after we escaped from that ex-boyfriend of hers. Well, it wasn’t that hard to get rid of him after the two words name being told. Kim Jongdae. Only 10 seconds needed just to say that name. Or less. And that guy just sigh for nothing, regretting his bad past behavior on our lovely Mina before leaving.

            “That’s okay. Actually, with that quarrel between you both, less or more, it is somehow inspired me what kind of themes I’m deciding for the new handbag design. And I was thinking when I said his named, you sure do look good with him. Isn’t it?” I said. She looks at me, frowning. Totally backing off with what I just said.

            “You must be kidding, girl,” she said before laughing uproariously and left.

 


            I took a peek on Jia before sneaking out of my room. She wasn’t on her place and no one there actually. It’s just me, being all alone in this big private office. I stand straight, adjusting myself in front of the office door. Satisfied with my own looks, I walk confidently out of our section. Out to the big office placing all the staff in management section of JY Corporation, observing the people.

            “Are you going to stand there all day, doing nothing? I am pretty sure I just gave you bundle of files to look through and sign,” someone remarks. I look beside me and there was standing a tall, blonde hair and built body guy with his husky voice echoed the space.

            “You worked too hard, Mr. Bang. It is already lunch if I need to remind you because there’s no one to remind that for you,” I told him, smiling. He laid his eyes on his wrist and widened his eyes. He turns his look to my still smiling face. And he smiles.

            “I do work so hard and it is unbelievably true that there is no one to remind me the lunch. So, are you going to lunch?” he asks. I was going to answer but he stopped me with, “Ah, ah, ah! Do not answer. Because your expression already shows me an ‘Of course, I’m going, Mr. Bang. If not I am not going to come out of the office with this gorgeous looks’. Am I right, am I wrong?” he teases. I chuckle.

            “Good point! Anyway, I was thinking of asking Jia to go with me. Are you coming with us or are you going to keep the hard work without getting a lunch instead you’ll ask Jia again to buy you something?” is the question I ask to our hardworking Mr. Bang. Before he could answer, I stop him with, “Ah, ah, ah! Do not answer because you’ll coming with us with no excuse,” I imitate him. He laughs.

            “Sure, pretty princess! I’m coming with you girls while I’m the only boy there because my boss insisting me to go and she just couldn’t eat without me, is it?” he talk as a third party. I playfully smack his shoulder before seeing Jia is coming towards our direction.

            “So, what’s the ‘trachacha’ over here?” Jia meant the ‘trachacha’ thing as what is going on or what’s up or what is it happening over here or something of that ilk. Yes, that’s how we’re so closed right now after going through so many things together in this company after a month and a half since the first day I step in the office.

            “You’re going lunch with the big boss and a husky voice boy because the big boss insisting the both of you to do so or she’ll cut your salary up to 99.99% for this month and to total that up, you only get a piece of your fecal teeth to live,” I talk as a third person, imitating Yongguk for the second time. Yongguk looks at me, narrowing his eyes. Now he even dares to do that.

            “I’m on! Or I’m going to die starving because I only get to live with just a piece of my fecal teeth for the next one month,” Jia teases.

            The trio us, laugh.

 


            The lunch went on so casually. Mostly like the three friends who are going for a lunch break from the office at an expensive restaurants because they just got bonus or something while we’re actually coming here for lunch because I’m craving for the chocolate larva muffin here. And yes, the chit chatting is the most basic things colleagues did while having lunch just like what we are doing right now.

            “So Jia-ah, tell me. When do I get to ‘vacay’ to China just like how you promised me before when I was being a dark and mysterious girl with no smile on her face before?” asking Jia using the word ‘vacay’ which is stand for vacation. Yongguk kept his mouth in silent, keep his ears on our conversation.

            “It depends on my leave. I won’t bother coming back to China when I only get three days leave from our lovely boss who is actually stinky on giving us, workers a leave. Come on! Give me at least a week. China is not Gangnam. You can actually get there within 30 minutes,” she said, relying on the leave days I’m giving her when she asks for a leave that day.

            “Are you talking about me right now?” I ask. Being stupid for a little while.

            “Are you the boss?” she asks back. Unbelievably, without realizing, like so suddenly, I nod. “Then, I think it is. It is true I’m talking about you,” she said and laughs. So do I. So do Yongguk. Everyone is looking at us. Everyone is staring at us. I can feel it.

             Gosh!

             I didn’t realize that.

             We’re too loud.

             And this is not chicken stall.

             “Aren’t we too loud? People are staring. So do that familiar guy,” said Yongguk as my eyes wandering looking for that familiar guy that Yongguk mentioned until my eyes catch someone that even more familiar staring not to us but to me. Staring right to me.

              I run my looks away. Running from his gaze.

             “Is it that guy? That familiar guy wearing a white shirts and a slack, having a lunch with a long hair girl, wearing a extremely too much flower laces on her dazzling red tight dress on a table that is 6 tables away from us, behind Jia? Is it?” Yongguk is the one that I ask, nods. Jia, slowly pretending to hurt her neck and moves it left and right and suddenly turn behind her, taking a glance to that familiar guy.

              She turns back to the front facing me.

              “Isn’t that the one who keeps looking for you when you first enter the company?” Jia asks, still pretending like nothing happened and she wasn’t looking anywhere, just feels like glancing to the back while eating. I chuckle. So do Yongguk. But, he even more worst. Looks like a little boy eating while I’m the mummy who brings him and Jia is just a neighbor next door.

               “I can’t lie since he came too often, so yes,” I said, taking Jia’s action upon me. Pretending like I haven’t seen him yet in this restaurant. At least…for now.

               “It’s been a long time since he last ‘visit’, so what happened to you guys on your last meeting? Is it bad, is it good? I am betting on 5000 won that it is bad because he keeps staring with that scary gaze without even blinking his eyes on you, Jiyeon,” said Yongguk, taking a fork rolls spaghetti into his mouth. I narrow my eyes.

                “Isn’t that too little?” I smirk at Yongguk.

                “I don’t want to live with only a piece of my fecal teeth for this one month onwards,” he said, ignoring my gaze on him. My annoying feeling gaze. I. Am. Going. To. Kill. This. Guy. Someday. I really will, someday.

                 “You-”

                 “He’s coming towards this way,” Yongguk shifted my focus on him to the direction of that familiar guy who is walking obviously towards us but I was hoping, I was praying that he is actually walking towards the direction of the toilet although the toilet is in another direction.

                  He is 4 meters away.

                  3 meters.

                  2 meters.

                  1 meters.

                  .

                  Holy crap.

                 “Hi Miss Park,” greet that familiar guy.

                 Oh God!

                 Killmenowkillmenowkillmenowkillmenowwwwwwww!!!!!!!