TCL 7: The Silence

This Cruel Life.

             Such a great vacation without no one following. That’s what I can describe about my vacation this time. It’s been a week since I see my girls and my only little boy, Chen. I miss them so much. I guess Chen had a terrible days since I left to Jinhae. Jaehyun must be looking for him all the time asking about me. I’m not trying to be proud when someone being over protective on me, it’s just that he’s always like that. I look on the couch at the living room. There are so many souvenirs for my little dino, Jiyeon, little princess, Jieunie, and kiddo, Chen. I also bought some for Mina. 

            Tok! Tok! Tok!

            Three knocks on the door is heard. I quickly walk to the door to open it. I wonder who is coming since I haven’t tell Jiyeon, Jieun or Chen that I’m coming back. I turn the door knob and open the door.

            “Ah~ Jaehyun-ah,” I smile to him. His face looks so dull. Seems like he’s so mad, I think?

            “Why didn’t you tell me you’re going somewhere?” he asks, pushing me aside and step inside the house. “I am so worried about you. What if anything happened and I’m not there for you?” he keeps talking. I close the door and walk to him.

            “But, nothing happened right?” I ask.

            “Yes, but what if….”

            “I can take care of myself Jaehyun-ah,” I cut his words.

            “Yes, you can. But, I want to take care of yourself for you. Why is it so hard for you to let me taking care of you?” he asks.

            “Why are you troubling yourself taking care of me?” I ask him back.

            “Because I care about you,” he said. I’ve heard that hundred even thousand times each time I ask him the same thing. I sigh heavily.

            “Jaehyun-ah,” I called. But, he immediately pulled me into a hug.

            “Jihyun-ah, let’s get married,” he said. I push him harshly.

            “I told you to not call me by that name!” I shout at him. He looked at me into my eyes. I avoided his gaze. And sigh heavily. I don’t like him calling me by that name. I just…I just hate it.

            “I’ll go back first,” he said and left. My eyes witness his leaving. Once he closed the door, my legs become weak and I fall sitting on the couch.

            I’m sorry, Jaehyun-ah.

 


            “I told you not to come to the office today,” Yongguk suddenly barged into my office and scold me. I look at him. I know he’s worried when he heard that someone ‘kidnap’ me last night.

            “I’m fine. I can do my work properly,” I told him. He sighed and put the file on his hand on my table.

            “I didn’t say you’re not fine. I just want you to take a longer sleep and rest before coming back to work,” he said. I nod, understand.

            “Okay, I will. I won’t come tomorrow,” I said.

            “Yah, Park Jiyeon!” someone again, suddenly barged into my office, yelling out my name. I look at the person. So do Yongguk. Ah~ it’s Jieun. She must be so angry that I left this morning without telling her first.

            “Good morning,” I greet her. She walked to me angrily.

            “Why are you leaving without telling me? I told you to just stay at home today. You came back home so late yesterday and yet you still come to work? I just don’t understand what were you thinking!” she scold me.

            “Okay. I won’t do this again. I’m sorry,” I apologized to her. She sighed heavily and looked away. But then, she looked at Yongguk who’s standing beside her weirdly.

            “Who is this guy?” she asks. She looked at him just like he’s a criminal. Oh my god, my Jieun. Suspicious about everything in the world.

            “He’s my assistance,” I told her.

            “Oh. Hi!” she smirked and showed her palm to Yongguk. Yongguk nod and mouthed ‘Hi’ back again. Then, he looked away.

            “Don’t forget our lunch. I’ve told Jia to call you and Chen right? Did you get the call? I forgot to ask yesterday,” I ask her. She nods.

            “I won’t forget. I’ve told Chen to pick me up at the boutique so you don’t have to worry. Unless he’s the one forget. And, I heard from Chen that Qri unnie had came back this morning. Have you called her?” Jieun asks. I nod. “If that so, I leave first,” she said and left. I look at Yongguk. Yeah, I almost forgot that Jieun own a handbags boutique. I can't believe that she is seriously into handbags collection. I thought she was just playing around when she said she wants to open up a boutique.

            “She’s pretty, right?” I ask.

            “Ah? Ah…ye..yes,” he flustered. I smirk.

            “Tell me if you like her. I won’t bite,” I said.

 


            I’ve arrived to see Jieun, Chen and Jaehyun oppa at the table that I reserved for our lunch this evening. As usual, if they’re not bickering with each other for one day, it’s not them. I walk to them and took a sit on the empty chair in front of Chen.

            “Hi guys,” I greet them. They greet me back.

            “So, what’s with the sudden lunch today?” Chen asks. I look at him weirdly and shook.

            “I thought I’ve told you since yesterday so I guess it’s not a sudden lunch,” I said. Chen thinks for a while and nods, agreeing.

            “Hi,” suddenly Qri unnie also arrives. Her face looks so sullen. She’s not happy as usual. I look at Jaehyun oppa. He also looks so uncomfortable. Something’s fishy about them.

            “Jieun-ah, can you sit here? I feel like sitting beside Chen,” Qri unnie ask Jieun. I look at their places on this round table. I’m sitting beside Jaehyun oppa, beside Jaehyun oppa is an empty chair and beside the empty chair is Chen. Beside Chen is Jieun who’s sitting beside me.

            “But, if you sit there, you still can sit beside Chen,” Jieun said.

            “I want to sit beside Jiyeon too,” she said. Jieun look at me. So do Chen. Jaehyun oppa just ignore everything Qri unnie said. I nod slightly to Jieun, signaling her to just give up on her sit.

            “Err..okay then,” Jieun said and stand up, changing place with Qri unnie.

            “Should we order now?” Jaehyun oppa said as Qri unnie sat down. All of us agreed to Jaehyun oppa propose and order the food. The lunch just went on with only three of us talking. Qri unnie and Jaehyun oppa just kept their silence all the time.

            “Excuse me. I need to go to the ladies,” I excuse myself and walk to the washroom. I took out my phone and text Jieun and Chen to leave the table. I want Qri unnie and Jaehyun oppa to have some space for them to talk.

            Few minutes later, I walk out from the washroom to peek on the couple but then I bumped into someone. I groaned in pain. So do the person I bumped into. I look at the person.

            “YOU?!”we shouted at the same time.