TCL 14: The Innocent Man

This Cruel Life.

POV's (in the next update, please refer here for the POV's)
I-II : Jiyeon's POV


I.

 

“Hi Miss Park,”

            Those three words from his mouth made my heart falls to the ground. So do my fork and spoon. Fall from my grip. My eyes are trembling, trying to look at him. His stares. How could I meet him back after these whole months? How could I? How could I?!!

            “Hello Mr. Oh,” with a forced smile created on my face, I greet him back.

            “It’s been a month or more, since we last met. You look…argh! Should I say this?” pretending like he is having a headache, touching his head like that while his face wrinkles, talking to me. I should just smack his face. His handsome face. “I think I should,” he said, “You look healthier and happier than before. Sorry to say, but you look so sick before,” he said, grinning.

            “I don’t know if that was meant to be compliment or condemnation, but I’ll gladly took that as a compliment because I don’t feel like arguing with you here, in this expensive restaurants,” I said, smirking to his face, “and I feel like throwing up seeing your face that I can’t continue eating,” while taking the napkin on my lap, I said that.

            “I told you it’s a bad meeting last time, so I won,” was what Yongguk said while interrupting our conversation. I glare at him. He ignores.

            “If both of you don’t mind, I would like to borrow Miss Park for the day because I am bored with that girl over there,” Sehun said, pointing to the back at his table. Seeing that girl looks so restless, I bet he just made this decision right now. “I am going to make sure that today’s meeting isn’t as bad as the last time and I’ll return her back because I don’t feel like kidnapping her again,” he continued.

            “We don’t-”

            “What if the person, herself don’t feel like following you? Because that girl you’re asking out feels like throwing up seeing your face here. I thought she had said that to you before,” I told him when he was about to reach my hand. I stood up from my seat. “Shall we go back to the office again, officemates?” I ask Jia and Yongguk while looking straight to Sehun’s eyes.

            “Y..ye..yes,” Jia stutter.

            “You’re following me,” Sehun said, pulling my hand. Harshly, I pull back my hand from his grip. As expected from before, the crowds are staring at us. At our short drama that was held in this restaurants. It’s not even a shooting and we’re the actors, but people are staring.

            “No, I said. No,”

            “Miss, Mr. You cannot fight here. This is an expensive restaurant. Besides, people are staring at you right now,” the restaurant manager tried to loosen us up. Both of us glare at him. He turns his look down to the floor. I can hear him whispering sorry to us.

            “I’m paying. Mind to hand me the bill?” I ask the manager. He nods, immediately and walk to the counter to print out the bill and came back.

            “Sehun-shi, I don’t have time to play around with you. Besides, you’ve had my punishment, so there is no reason for us to meet again. And this is the worst lunch I’ve ever had since I found my smile again because you ruined it. Shouldn’t you at least apologize for that?” I said while paying the bill.

            “Apologize? Sure. That is the easiest thing to do if you ever follow me. I really need to talk to you. It’s important. I swear,” he sounds like begging with that ignorance face of him. Yucks! I hate him for being so perfect on the face.

            “I think we should go back first, Jiyeon-ah. Since we came with your car, so can you please hand us the car keys so that we can go? Yongguk can drive, right?” Jia excused themselves, taking the car keys from my hand and left. How could they? I want to cry right now! Can I cry? Can I? I want to cryyyyyyy!!!

            “They have left. You don’t have a choice right? They took your car too. I’m going to assume them for being such bad workers but since they’re helping me by leaving you here, so they are actually a good one. Keep them for your own benefit,” he said, taking my hand in his. He stops at his table. “I’m leaving first with this girl, you’ll pay,” he said and walks away. Leaving the girl screaming out his name. Gosh! This is so embarrassing.

            “Why are you doing this to me?” as we stops in front of his car, I ask. He turns back, facing me. And shows me that pretty smile that he owns. He walks closer and pulls me closer to him. If what I am thinking right now is what he is going to do, he’s going to die in any minute.

            “Because I want you to teach me,” he whispers.

            “Teach you what?” suddenly my voice cracks and become as y as his voice. Good job, Park Jiyeon! You just fall for his action! Damn it. I hate this. I hate me. I hate him.

            “Teach me how to appreciate parents,”

 


II.

            I was sleeping like a log in his car while he was driving that I didn’t realized that we were far far far far so far away from Seoul. What are we doing at the beach? It’s getting dark too. Is he going to me or what? No, stop thinking dirty! He won’t dare to do something like that. He..he…won’t dare right? I mean, he’s still kind right? Or I am not his type, right?

            “Call anyone that you close to and tell ‘em that you’re coming back home late. It could be this morning or this late at night, because we’re so far away from Seoul if you had come to your senses after sleeping like that,”  Sehun said, before stepping out of his car. Walking straight to the beach.

            I did as I was told. That I might be coming back home this morning or this late at night, I texted them to Qri unnie and forwarding it to Jieun, Chen, Mina and Jaehyun oppa. And I ask them to inform that to my house so that they won’t be waiting for me. Or maybe call the police for my lost before coming out of the car and took a sit beside him by the beach.

            “Why are we here?” I ask.

            “Did you watch Innocent Man?” by ignoring my question, he asks me back. Innocent Man. Played by Song Joongki and Moon Chae Won. How can I not watch that drama? They drive me crazy. I get hyped up because of that drama. The college students said I’m obsessed.

            “Is that the important thing you’re talking about? I thought it's about teaching you aprreciate parents? Oh gosh! I knew you’re going to be like-,”

            He pulled me into a kiss before I could finish my sentences. He wraps his hand around my waist and tightens it. He kisses me just like how Kang Maru kisses Seo Eun Gi on the bridge at Aomori. He kisses me that passionate. And I get drown by his kiss that I don’t realize he is releasing me.

             “I miss you,” was what he said after he broke the kiss.

            “Are you going to be like this? Am I a statue? You can kiss me whenever you feel like it. You can come to me whenever you’re bored with the other girl. Why are you doing this to me? Why do you have to appear in front of me from the first place? Why do I have to know you? Why did you have to exist in this world?” I question him.

            And he did nothing.

            He said nothing.

            It’s all nothing.

            But a stares right inside my two eyes from his two eyes.

            “Did you like how Maru treats Eun Gi after the accident?” he asks about the Innocent Man scenes. I look at him. Just look. Saying nothing. “Did you like the kiss scene in front of the police station? Or the kiss scene when Maru gives Eun Gi presents?” he asks. What is this?

            “Why?” I ask.

            “Should I treat you like how Maru treats Eun Gi? Should I be that loyal and sweet? Should I sacrifices anything just for you just like how Maru sacrifices his life for Eun Gi? Should we change the ending with our ending? Should we?” looking so desperately, he asks.

            “What has happened to you for this whole one month? Is there something get into your brain? Did your brain malfunction?” I ask him. He sighs heavily. “Sehun-shi,” I called. He looks at me beside him. “Do you love me?” I ask. He nods. I smile to him. “Before you love me, you should love your parents first. I know what had happened between you and your family. Try to get over it. If Woori unnie can do that, I’m sure you can. I know you’re not a bad guy. You were just lack of love from your mother. Try to get closer to her. Try to understand her and her heart. I am very sure she had her own reason marrying Woori unnie’s daddy. Do you know the love feeling inside your heart for me is a fake one? You’re just lonely. You want someone to love you, so you love them first without knowing that one day you’ll get bored with that someone and you left them. And that’s what happening right now. But, parent’s love, you won’t get bored with that love. They will stay with you forever. Do you understand?” I lecture him. He smiles.

            “Why are you so sure about that?” he asks.

            “Because I can’t live without my parents and I just realized that when they’re gone. So before your parents gone, appreciate them and love them with all your heart,”

            He pulls me into a hug.

            And whisper ‘Thank you’ to my ear.