TCL 11: The Secrets

This Cruel Life.

         “She left. So, because?” Jaehyun immediately asks right after Jiyeon left. What should I tell him? Should I tell him the truth? About my darkest secret all this while that I kept even from Jiyeon? Even from Jieun? Even from Chen? Even from Mina? Should I tell him? What if he left? What if he can’t accept me anymore? I’m worried. I cannot accept his love, but I don’t want to lose him. Am I being selfish?

            “I’m sorry. I forgot that I have some works to do,” I said and hurriedly stand up to left. But, he acts fast. He grabs my hand. And pull him near him. He holds my shoulder.

            “Until when? Until when are you going to keep that secret alone? Why can’t you tell me? Why can’t you tell us? I’ve told you before. I don’t care about your past because you are my future. Can’t you understand that only one thing?” he said. I turn facing him.

            “It’s not important that you need to know,” I said to him. He sighs and shook.

            “If it’s not important, you will not become like this. You will not let yourself living in miserable life. What is it, Qri-ah? Tell me,” he pleads. I look down. I can’t see his face. I feel hurt myself. For not be able to tell him. For lying to him.

            “I really have something to do. I’ll meet you later,” I said, holding his arm. I look at him on his face and smile before I left.

            I look inside the café before leaving. I see him standing soullessly, looking down on the floor. Jaehyun-ah, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I step on my pedal hard and drove the car fast leaving the café behind and went straight to the home of the rich. I stop right in front of one big house. A-09. I ring the bell and wait for a minute before a maid open the small gate.

            “Yes Miss? Who are you looking for?” the maid asks.

            “Is Miss Lee Jihye in?” I ask her back. She smile and nods. “Can I meet her for a while?” I ask again. She looks to her back for a while before looking back at me.

            “Did you make an appointment with her? Because I was told Miss Lee won’t be accepting any visitors today. She said she’s on leave,” the maid said.

            “Ah~ is that so? How to do? I really need to meet her,” I said. She breathed in deeply.

            “Okay then, why don’t you let me know your name? I’ll tell her that you need to meet her. But, I won’t promise that she’ll meet you. I’ll just let her know first,” she said. I smile and nod.

            “It’s Lee Jihyun,” I told the maid.

            “Okay, please wait outside for a while,” she said and closes the small gate back again.

            I walk to my car and lean. I waited for about 5 minutes before I hear a clicking sound from the small gate. I look to the small gate and see the maid that I talk with just now is out again. I walk to her. She smiles to me and nods.

            “She’s willing to meet you. Please come in,” she said. I sigh in relief.

            I walk inside the big house and look around the home garden. It is so big and full of flowers now. It’s been a long time since I last step in here, so there have been so many changes. I followed the maid steps inside the house. Inside the house also have a slight change.

            “Sit down first. Miss Lee will be coming in a minute,” the maid said and left to the kitchen. Yes, I still remember the position of this house. The kitchen, the library room, the swimming pool. I still remembered it all.

            “It’s been a long time, Jihyun-ah,” someone remarks me from behind. I immediately stand up and look to my back. I saw a woman coming down from the stairs. The woman I want to meet, Lee Jihye.

            “Hi sister,” I smile to her. She smirks.

            “Sit,” she said as she coming to me. She took a sit on the couch. So do I. “Why are you here so suddenly? I think it’s almost 4 years since you left,” she said. I nod, agreeing.

            “Yes. 4 years. And it has been 4 years I live in traumatized. I live alone trying to overcome my fears. Overcome my bad memories. Bad memories that I was hoping a dream,” I said to her. To Lee Jihye. My biological sister.

            “What do you mean?” she asks. Totally confused by what I’m trying to deliver.

            “Is he here?” I ask, ignoring her question.

            “I ask you, what do you mean by overcome your fears?” she insisted to know. I smirk. She looks so eager to know that she hold her fist.

            “Didn’t daddy tell you yet before he died? Did he die before confessing his crime? Before clearing up my name? Aigoo~ he’s so bad, isn’t he?” I said to her. I look so bad right now.

            “What had daddy got to do with your stupidity 4 years ago?!” she stand up, shouting at my face. I sigh heavily. Pointing her finger on my face.

            “That’s what I want to say too. What had daddy got to do with my stupidity? I’m wondering too. But, I couldn’t find the answer,” I said. She acts harshly by pulling me to stand up facing her.

            “What do you mean by that?” she asks angrily.

            “Jihye unnie, I just want to meet him. And I’ll left. I won’t come over again after this. Just this time. Please. Don’t pick a fight with me,” I said to her. Pushing her hand gripping my arm away.

            “You won’t be meeting him unless you tell me what you mean by what you just said,” she said. Gazing at me angrily.

            “Mummy,” someone called right after she shout at me. She turns to her back. So do I. I look to her back. A little boy wearing a kindergarten’s uniform. That is him. The one I’m looking for. I smile to myself.

            “Lee Ji Hoon,” I called. The boy looks at me weirdly. My sister turns looking at me, widening her eyes. She looks so shocked.

            “Oh! Unnie, how did you know my name?” the boy run to me and hug my leg. He looks at me with his big eyes. So cute. I smile to him and lift him to my embrace.

            “This woman told me,” I said to him, smiling. Pointing to my sister. I look at her who is looking at me in disbelief. “Why did you send him to kindergarten when he’s only 4?” I ask her.

            “Give him to me,” she said. Pulling out her hand to get this little boy from me.

            “I won’t steal him. Just let me hold him for a little longer,” I said. She sighs heavily.

            “Jihyun-ah, give him to the maid. And let’s have a talk for a while,” she said and left upstairs. I look at the little boy who keeps hugging my neck since I lift him and smile.

            “Unnie will be going to talk with her. You’ll go and change first okay?” I said to him. He nods happily. I give him to the maid and left upstairs.

 


            Right after the lunch, he sent me back to the office. It is so quiet inside his car. There are no conversation happens between us. He just kept his silence. So do I. I look at him beside me. He is so focus on the road.

            “Am I that handsome?” he suddenly asks. I sincerely answered a ‘No’ right away. But then, he chuckled. “Then, why did you keep staring at me? Even now,” he said. Damn it! I immediately look away. I heard him chuckle again.

            “Stop it. I’m not staring at you,” I said.

            “Whatever you say,” he said. “Anyway, can I ask you something?” he asks.

            “You already ask,” I said.

            “I took that as a yes. Have you ever been in love? I mean, you like someone and he likes you. And you’re together,” he asks. I smirk.

            “Why is that important to you?” I ask him back.

            “I don’t know. I just feel like knowing. Knowing more about you. Getting closer to you. I’ve never felt this way with any woman before. To me, they’re just my one night stand. So, tell me. What have you done to make me feel this way?” he asks. I startled.

            “I don’t know. But, you could take it as my magical possession without doing anything,” I playfully said and smirk. But then, he suddenly makes a sudden break. Luckily, I’m wearing a seatbelt or else I’m flying out of his car. I immediately glare at him.

            “We’ve arrived,” he said without looking at me. I look outside of the window. It’s true. I’ve arrived at my office. I hurriedly took my handbag, iPad and papers that I bring along and was about to step out. But then, he pulls my hand.

            “Don’t blame me because this is your punishment,” he said and pulls me harshly.

             My lips landed on his. We kiss. My things that I hold fall from my hand. He wraps his hand around my waist tightly. He deepens the kiss. I can’t believe we kiss. I come back to my senses and push him harshly. I wipe my lips harshly.

             “Yah!” I shout at him breath rapidly.

He just smile. 

 

Hi everyone! surprise So, here's another update for you. How do you like the update? Leave me with many many comments okay? I'd like to say that I don't mind if you criticism my story but please don't break my heart crying I love you all. Anyway, please help me find more and more subscribers~ I'll really appreciate your help heart