-010-

Galactic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-010-

L.O.C.A.T.I.O.N . -- S.P.A.C.E.  -- E.A.R.T.H.S O.R.B.I.T  -- 2.5.0.0.

Sunggyu led Haneul to his office. He knew that there was more to her story, but she did not want to say anything to him when her bodyguard Misun was around. Sunggyu figured Hana was her best friend. The two did seem close "What can I do for you?"

"I want to be truthful with you Sunggyu sii." Haneul looked at the young captain. "The reason why I left Exo Planet is because Prince Kris found out I was genetically altered. Being genetically altered is looked down upon on Exo Planet, and illegal."

"If it is illegal than why do people do it?" Sunggyu asked. He did not want to offend the girl. He wanted to remain respectful and gain her trust. Being genetically altered used to be illegal on earth, but things changed about thirty years ago.

"Because they want to be accepted by the pure ones." Haneul sighed. "I was not genetically altered on Exo Planet, but on Earth where it is legal.  I am sure there are many in Celestial that are like me." Haneul looked into Sunggyu's eyes.  They seemed different.  She knew something was off about this man, but she was not going to ask questions.  His privet life was not any of his business.

"I haven't met many." Sunggyu said with his arms crossed. "But I know there are a few. You do not come across many genetically altered humans in the academy, but there are many on Earth. Some were created on Earth while others were created on other planets."

"I see..." Haneul said as she looked at Sunggyu. "It must be nice not to be looked down upon. I heard from Prince Suho that earth does not look down upon genetically altered humans. Prince Kyungsoo has also mentioned it.  He is on Earth with Prince Suho."

"We do not look down upon them, but it is much more difficult to get into the academy or in a high ranking job if you are genetically altered. Things have gotten better than they were in the past. People still have difficulty, depending on what their ability is."  Sunggyu explained.  "Suho and Kyungsoo are good people."

"I see...being a captain you must have an amazing ability." Haneul said with a weak smile.  You know them?"

"Sometimes it feels more like a curse." Sunggyu mumbled. " I only have met them a few times, and frim those times that I have met them; they seem like good people." Sunggyu crossed his arms.  They were getting off topic.  He could not allow that to happen. "There is more to your story isn't there?" Sunggyu asked as he looked at the girl. He could tell there was something. Sunggyu did not like the expression on her face. He also wanted to change the subject from telling this girl about himself.

"Prince Xiumin helped me escape. He went against his family to protect me. Um..." Haneul did not know how to say this.  She was never good at expressing her words well.  Haneul know she should be good at talking being a diplomats daughter, but she was not like normal diplomats.  Haneul was shy and an introvert.

"You love him don't you. He is the one that you wished to marry, but it did not turn out that way." Sunggyu said as he sat down on his desk. He should have known it had something to do with love.  Most things do lately.

"I'm not sure if I do or not." Haneul bit her lips as she thought back to when Minseok kissed her on the lips.  Her feelings were mixed at the moment. "I don't even know who I am anymore." Haneul said as she looked at her hand. "There are things about myself that I still need to discover."

"Everyone needs to discover something about themselves.  When the time comes, I am sure you will know the truth." Sunggyu looked at Haneul.  He already knew what this girls future may be.  He was not going tell her what he has discovered.  Sunggyu knew it was not wise to let others know about his ability.  Dongwoo was the only officer on his ship that knew about his ability.  Sunggyu trusted Dongwoo with his life, but the others. He was not sure how he felt about them yet, even though they have been  a team for five years.  He did not trust anyone else with his secret due to his fear of putting everyone in danger.  Being able to see the future is something that is valued and can be used against people he cares about.

Sunggyu sighed as he looked at the girl. Thinking about what could happen if his ability was revealed scared him.. He knew there was something else, but he could not figure it out what it was. Sunggyu may be able to see the future, but he could not read minds.  

"There is one more thing Sunggyu, that I need to tell you." Haneul looked into Sunggyu's eyes.  "There is another reason why Exo Planet wants me to return."

"And what is that Miss. Haneul." Sunggyu asked.

How could a captain of a Celestial ship be such a gentleman?  She thought they were supposed to be cold heard and ruthless.  "My ability is one of the main reasons why they are after me.  It is very rare for genetically altered humans to have such an ability."

"And what is that ability. I need to know if I am going to help you Miss. Haneul." Sunggyu said as he looked into he girls eyes.

"I am able to use another person's ability if I touch them, but only if they are using their ability. Does that make sense?" Haneul asked.

"It makes sense." Sunggyu looked at her and wondered if she knew what his ability was.  "That is a dan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter