십육 Run

Day By Day

Run - EXO-K
Run - Younha

(You should give Younha a try, even if you like EXO more)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
8/4/14

    Three knocks. Three knocks and Taeyeon was out of bed, bleary eyed and stumbling toward the door. She groaned as she tripped over her guitar case.
“Yes?” she mumbled as she squinted at the person on her doorstep. Of course, by the time she looked up she knew it was Jessica, and the thought that Jessica had given up her precious sleep to see her so early in the morning made her smile.
“Um..good morning?” Jessica smiled sheepishly.
“Well it is, now that you’re here,” Taeyeon brought her into a hug.
“What?”
“Never mind,” Taeyeon closed her eyes and smiled into Jessica’s hair.

    They soon found themselves at the dining table, eating little pastries that Jessica had bought earlier.
“Why are you here so early?” Taeyeon asked as she bit into a croissant.
“Oh yeah! There’s a place I want to show you,” Jessica sat up eagerly, in a childlike manner, with a gleam in her eyes and an excited smile on her face.
“Oh god that was so cute, you’re so cute, it’s too early in the morning to be this cute,” Taeyeon squealed.
“Can you like, not,” Jessica groaned.
Of course, Taeyeon didn’t stop, instead, she continued until Jessica was blushing immensely, and then she stopped.

    “Where are we actually going?” Taeyeon asked, kicking at a small stone as she and Jessica sat at the bus stop, the light spring breeze blew her hair into her eyes and she held it down in annoyance.
“You’ll see when we get there,” Jessica said as she fiddled around with her phone.
“What are you looking at? Is it that place we’re going to?” said Taeyeon as she tried to peer at Jessica’s phone, unfortunately prevented from doing so by a raised arm.
“Be patient, Kim Taeyeon.”
“But I’m bored! The bus is taking too long to arrive!” Taeyeon huffed, “play me something!” she said, as she spotted Jessica’s guitar case leaning against the shelter wall.
Jessica put her phone in her backpack, unclasping her guitar case and pulling out her guitar, “what do you want to hear?”
“The first song that comes to your mind when we hug.”
“Oh…well,” Jessica cleared .

“자꾸 눈이 가네 하얀 그 얼굴에
(My eyes keep going to that white face)
질리지도 않아 넌 왜
(Why don’t I even get sick of you?)
슬쩍 웃어줄 땐 나 정말 미치겠네
(When you slightly smile at me, I really go crazy)
어쩜 그리 예뻐 babe
(How can you be so pretty baby?)
뭐랄까 이 기분
(How can I explain this feeling?)
널 보면 마음이 저려오네 뻐근하게
(When I see you, my heart becomes numb and sore)
오 어떤 단어로 널 설명할 수 있을까
(Oh, with what word can I explain you?)
아마 이 세상 말론 모자라
(All the words in the world are probably not enough)

가만 서 있기만 해도 예쁜 그 다리로
(With those legs that are so pretty by just standing still)
내게로 걸어와 안아주는 너
(You walk toward me and you hug me)
You know he’s so beautiful
Maybe you will never know
내 품에 숨겨두고 나만 볼래
(I want to hide you in my embrace)

어린 마음에 하는 말이 아니야
(I’m not saying this out of a young heart)
꼭 너랑 결혼할래
(But I really want to marry you)

Realising what she had sung, Jessica stopped abruptly and looked at Taeyeon.

    Which was a bad idea, because the adoration in her eyes mad her feel even more nervous and she looked away hurriedly.
“You’re so adorable, Taeyeon giggled.
“Please stop,” Jessica buried her face in her hands, shaking her head in embarrassment. Taeyeon scooted closer, smiling as she hugged Jessica, her hair gently and whispering into her ear, “I love you.”
Jessica put her guitar down carefully and hugged Taeyeon back.

    The bus ride was somewhat uneventful, the both of them spent most of their time sleeping, seeing as they had set off quite early in the morning. Jessica had woken up before Taeyeon did, and spent much of her time studying her face, and breathing in the delicate, sweet smell of her shampoo.
“Taeyeon,”  Jessica whispered as she shook Taeyeon gently.
“Mmmmrmhmhm,” Taeyeon whimpered.
Jessica couldn’t help but smile, “Tae~ we’re here. You have to wake up now.”
Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes, her eyelids fluttering and face scrunching as she adjusted to the light.
“Where are we?” she mumbled.
“Near that place I wanted to show you. Come on! If we don’t get off now he’ll drive off!” using her strength, Jessica pulled Taeyeon up, grabbed both of their bags as well as the guitar and dragged Taeyeon off the bus.

    “How did you find this place?” Taeyeon gaped. The wide expansive grassy hill in front of her was a magnificent sight, the colours of the blooming wildflowers made the scenery burst into life. After she had placed all their belongings under a tree, Jessica took hold of Taeyeon’s hand.
“Have you felt the grass in-between your toes?” she asked.
“No, not for a very long time,” Taeyeon shook her head.
“Well, take off your shoes,” Jessica said as she began to remove her own shoes. When Taeyeon was done, Jessica, who was still holding her hand, moved their shoes closer to the tree.
“Let’s go,” Jessica smiled as she tugged on Taeyeon’s hand gently, and they walked over to the stream. The morning dew had yet to dry, and the grass felt wonderfully cool and soft under the soles of her feet. She followed quietly behind Jessica, watching as her hair blew in the breeze, the sunlight bouncing of her hair, and Jessica looked like an angel. When she turned around, Taeyeon nearly swooned. The rays of the sun hit her face at a wonderful angle, lighting up her features and Taeyeon saw the very definition of perfection.
“Would you mind getting your feet wet?”
Taeyeon shook her head, “no, not at all.”
Jessica led her to flattest area she could find, where they sat by the edge of the stream and dipped their feet into the water. She leaned into her shoulder, squeezing her hand gently and sighing in content.
“What’s upstream?” Taeyeon asked.
“You can find that out for yourself,” Jessica smiled. She stood up, waiting for Taeyeon to get up as well. She didn’t leave the stream, instead, she walked upstream, all the while wading in the water, not waiting for Taeyeon to follow. Taeyeon, on the other hand, stepped out and ran on the grass, trying to catch up to Jessica. Hearing panting, Jessica turned to her right, where Taeyeon was walking alongside her, slightly elevated, due to the depth of the stream-bed. Holding up her hand for Taeyeon to hold, she stopped for a while.
“Nice of you to join me,” she grinned.
“Why didn’t you wait for me?” Taeyeon whined.
Jessica simply shrugged and pulled her along. As the ground evened out, Taeyeon found herself looking at a picturesque meadow, adorned with trees and littered with fields of flowers.
“You still haven’t answered my question about finding this place,” Taeyeon said.
“I’ll tell you that some other time, maybe when we come back in autumn.”
“Why autumn?”
“Because that’s when it’s the most beautiful.”
Jessica stepped out of the water, facing Taeyeon and looking into her eyes. Both of them were feeling nervous, Taeyeon because she didn’t know what would happen next, and Jessica because of what she wanted to do. Jessica held both of Taeyeon’s hands, contemplating her planned action for a moment, then leaned in and pecked her quickly.
“Run with me. Feel the grass under your feet and the wind in your hair, just run with me,” Jessica backed away slowly, gradually picking up the pace until Taeyeon began to follow her, then she sped up and broke into a sprint. The two of them laughed and screamed, the fresh air of the spring rushing into their lungs and filling them with boundless energy. They chased each other, light footsteps marking the grass, flowers brushing against their bare legs as they ran through the rainbow of wildflowers

    Or so it seemed, until Taeyeon had to stop as she felt her leg turn to jelly.
“Are you okay?” Jessica asked worriedly.
“Yeah…just let me…” panted Taeyeon.
“What?” Jessica was starting to get worried.
And then she screamed because Taeyeon had lunged at her and pulled her to the ground, giggling and hugging her tightly.
“You really worried me!” Jessica pouted.
“I’m sorry,” Taeyeon laughed.

    The two lay in the tall grass, watching the clouds pass by in myriads of difference shapes and formation, puffs and wisps dancing in the wind high up above in the blue sky. Jessica lay her head on Taeyeon’s chest, listening to the gently thumping of her heart.
“That’s what you call love,” Taeyeon whispered, “can you hear it?”
Jessica nodded.
Taeyeon turned to face her, caressing her face and staring into her eyes. She leaned in slowly, her breath and heart stopping. She closed her eyes and so did Jessica, and they don’t know whose lips touched whose first, but they kissed and Jessica recalls this moment as the day she began to understand what love was.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Plenty of fluff ^^