이 A Week

Day By Day

A Week (일주일) - Sistar

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
1/1/14

    It has been a week since Jessica first met Taeyeon- well, almost. For Jessica, the week was filled with random thoughts of the girl she found beautiful, something that didn't happen very often. 

On Thursday, Boxing Day, the day after their first meeting, she lay in bed for a good half hour, thinking about Taeyeon; her honey blonde hair, which looked so silky in the dim light, and Jessica wondered what it would have felt like to it like a cat. 

On Friday, during her night shift at the bar, she made eye contact with Taeyeon, felt her cheeks go red and immediately left before Taeyeon could approach her. 

On Saturday, Jessica spent the most part of the day reprimanding herself for behaving like a fool, in front of Taeyeon. 

On Sunday, Taeyeon called her, at exactly five minutes and thirty-eight seconds past four in the afternoon, and she wrote down the exact time of the call, and then accidentally pressed the ‘ignore’ button. 

On Monday, she saw Taeyeon at the café when she went to grab a cappuccino. Jessica being Jessica, she couldn’t stop staring and tripped over her own feet, almost spilling her drink. The sight of Taeyeon laughing made her feel extremely embarrassed. 

On Tuesday, she came to the realisation that she had a huge crush on Kim Taeyeon and there was no going back from there.

    On Wednesday, New Year’s Day, she was alone, sitting on the edge of some rocks by the sea, watching the waves crash upon them, while others were probably spending time with family and friends, waiting for the new year to descend upon them in a magnificent display of pyrotechnics. She would have liked to be there too, if she wasn't so bothered by the loud trembling noises and explosions, and she wasn’t that good in crowded places. But that was okay, she liked being alone. Anyway, the feeling of company was so foreign to her it felt almost uncomfortable.

    Her phone vibrated in her pocket. Fishing it out, she saw that Yuri had sent her a text.

Happy New Year Jessica! I bet you’re alone now. Geez. The next time you come to work I’m going to make you sing ‘I’m A Loner’.”

Jessica snorted. Staring at the message a little longer, she pondered the thought of sending a new year’s greetings to her family. “Would they even remember that I was a part of the family? I haven’t seen them in years. I wonder if Krystal misses me. Probably not.”

She sighed. Sure, she felt happy alone, but was it a choice, or something that was forced upon her? Either way, she had grown to love the silences of her empty home, she had no complaints about having an entire king-sized bed to herself. “Should I send a message to Taeyeon?” she stared at her phone again, her finger lingering just above said girls name.
What if she thinks I’m creepy? What I write the wrong thing and send something stupid What if she doesn’t remember who I am?” Before she could think anymore, her phone vibrated in her hand.
Happy New Year Jessica-ssi! I hope you don’t mind the fact that Yuri gave me your number. I was waiting for you to text or call me but you didn't :(
oh well thats okay ^^ are we still up for ice cream?”

Jessica couldn't think of anything to write back. If I don’t write anything, she’ll think I’m a , but what if I write something stupid? ARGH.
“You too,” she wrote and sent. She looked at what she sent once more.
“WHY DID I WRITE THAT?!” she cringed, pulling at her hair.
Sighing, she resigned to her fate and shoved her hands and phone back into her pocket. “Ah well, it’s too late now.” 

    She put her hood up, protecting her cold ears from the biting wind, and listened to the sound of the winter sea. Though it was quite loud, she didn't mind it, because for once, she could be alone with her thoughts.
“Hello Jessica-ssi.” Nope not anymore. Jessica turned around swiftly, arms up, fists balled, ready to punch the person who was standing behind her. She relaxed that she saw it was only Taeyeon. Wait. TAEYEON?! How did she find me?!
Narrowing her eyes, she glared at Taeyeon cautiously, “How did you find me? Are you a stalker? Because if you are I—”
“Whoa just calm down, I just asked Yuri,” Taeyeon chuckled nervously.
“Yuri?”

“Yeah, she’s my friend too y’know. If you hadn’t noticed, most people normally have more than one friend.”
“It’d be nice if you left now.” There was silence, from both Taeyeon and Jessica. It was obvious to Taeyeon that she had struck wrong chord, and Jessica was undeniably upset.
“Jessica-ssi?” There was no response.
Taeyeon tried again, “I’m sorry about what I said. Are you mad at me?”
“I am not angry, but I’m not happy either,” Jessica replied as she turned to face Taeyeon, her eyes stony and cold. “Don’t try to be my friend— it’s not gonna work out.”
“Why are you reacting like this? I just said that people normally have more than one friend, nothing’s wrong with that.”
“Yeah, maybe to you,” Jessica looked away. That probably seems really stupid. I’m not even making sense now.
In truth, the simple observation that Taeyeon made made Jessica feel uncomfortable, mainly because the way Taeyeon had said it, it was like Jessica was abnormal for not having friends. There was another silence.
“I’m sorry. I really do want to be your friend though,” said Taeyeon. “Okay, as an offering of friendship, I brought you the best cookie dough ice-cream in all of South Korea!”
Taeyeon lifted up a plastic bag containing a one-litre tub of ice-cream.
“Are you crazy? It’s like minus eight degrees right now.”
“Fine then, I’ll just eat this myself.”
“No I want it,” Jessica snatched it from Taeyeon.

    As Jessica spooned the ice-cream into , Taeyeon watched on and smiled, placing her hand on her chin as she rested her elbow on her knee.
“What?” Jessica said, with a mouth full of ice-cream, cheeks puffed up like a chipmunk.
“You’re cute,” Taeyeon smiled again, and for the first time Jessica noticed her cheek dimple and was temporarily mesmerised.
“Shut up,” she blushed.

    When Jessica was done, they strolled along the beach. Jessica was busy kicking up sand with her every step, and Taeyeon was debating whether or not to hold Jessica’s hand. fortunately for her, the side arguing for holding Jessica’s hand won, and so that was what she did. As expected, Jessica tried to pull away, and when she did, Taeyeon held on tighter.
“Please just let me hold your hand, take it as repayment for you ignoring my call on Sunday,” Taeyeon pleaded.
Jessica blushed again, something she was doing a lot more now that she had met Taeyeon
“That was an accident!” she argued.
“I’m still gonna hold your hand,” Taeyeon laughed.

    The two of them walked hand in hand, until they reached the fork in the path that called for them to let go. Before that, Taeyeon took hold of Jessica’s other hand, looking into her eyes, almost lovingly. This made Jessica feel uncomfortable, as she wasn’t used to  so much direct attention in one dose, and her eyes looked everywhere but into Taeyeon’s.
“You have beautiful eyes, Jessica-ssi,” Taeyeon stated, and with that, she left.
Why the HECK did she have to do that?! Now I’m to spend the week thinking about it and every single embarrassing thing that has happened to me in front her is going to be repeated.
When that thought passed, Jessica stood there, unsure of where to go, or what to do now, and she stood there, trying to feel the sensation of Taeyeon’s soft hand on hers. She looked at her palm. There was a faded imprint of a small, red heart, which she assumed Taeyeon had made, though how was a complete mystery to her.

    And that was how Jessica Jung’s huge crush on Kim Taeyeon evolved into something a lot more than that.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

FINALLY

dear god this took way too long.

Jessica's thoughts are in italics.

I've decide I'm going to make all chapter titles song titles as well, and I'll link the songs at the top.

And thanks for subscribing and commenting and upvoting :D