이십오 Secret Garden

Day By Day

Secret Garden - A Pink
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Jessica didn’t talk much. 

    Jessica didn’t talk much, but Taeyeon discovered that when she did, words spilled out like a waterfall. They were enjoying a date a the cafe when Taeyeon brought up that Ravel piece she liked, which set Jessica to bubble into a happy rant about her love for Ravel. Taeyeon didn't understand most of what Jessica was saying; she wasn’t that into Ravel, she just knew a few of his works, but seeing Jessica talk about something she loved so animatedly and passionately made her want to sit there forever and just listen to the happiness bursting from her girlfriend.
And then Jessica stopped, “I—I’m sorry. You probably don’t care about this and—and I think I talked too much I’m sorry.”
Taeyeon frowned. She didn’t want Jessica to stop talking about whatever she was talking about. And then it dawned on her that sometime in her life Jessica had probably talked about the same thing, only to have someone tell her that they didn’t care.
“I care,” she said firmly. Jessica looked up at her, a little surprised.
“I care,” she repeated, “so you can keep going if you want to.”
“I…I…it’s okay,” Jessica smiled sadly and shook her head.
When Taeyeon place a hand on Jessica’s, Jessica linked their fingers together and looked Taeyeon in the eye, “it’s okay Taeng, I’m okay.”
“Okay, I need to go now, are you coming?” Taeyeon asked after looking at the time.
“No, I have to go do the accounts and stuff.”
“Alright,” faking sadness, Taeyeon wipes away a non existent tear, “but walk me over?”
With a smile and a squeeze of her hand, Jessica replied, “okay.”

    She went back to the cafe after walking Taeyeon over, not before receiving a goodbye kiss and a warm hug. Since the walk wasn't too far, and Sunny knew she was coming back, the drink she ordered hadn’t been cleared yet. In addition to her cappuccino, Sunny was also at the table.
“Oh, you’re back,” she said, noticing Jessica standing by the table, slightly confused as to why she wasn’t working.
“Yeah…?”
“So, I just need a few questions answered. One, how spice is your life?”
“What?”
“Your life. How is it. Taeyeon refuses to tell me anything.”
“If Taengoo doesn’t want to tell you, why would you think that I would?” Jessica sat down, crossing her arms and looking at Sunny with raised eyebrows.
“I dunno, maybe I have some extremely good luck today who knows,” Sunny shrugged.
“Yeah, no. Your luck isn’t looking up today.”
“Okay then, to the next question we go! Question number two! Have you ever tried crappy pick up lines on Taeyeon?”

“What?”
“Why are all your responses to my questions ‘what?’” Sunny rolled her eyes. “Taeyeon loves dumb jokes so I think she’d absolutely explode if you, such a “cute” individual, uses dumb pick up lines on her.
“”Cute” individual?”
Sunny sighed, “you have no idea how many times she’s come over and just melted into a puddle of feels after having a date with you.”
Jessica blushed.
“Oh no please don’t blush you are actually so cute I can’t cheat on Sooyoung don’t do this to me.”
Jessica blushed even harder.
“I’m leaving now. Maybe make out really intensely with Sooyoung. Don’t blush around me ever again.”

    The door to the office creaked open.
“Jeeeeeessssiiccaaaaaaaaaaa,” a familiar voiced whined.
“Yes?” Jessica hummed, without looking up from her paperwork.
Taeyeon plopped herself into Jessica’s lap, tearing her attention from the words and numbers on the pages, “has anyone told you that you look super hot when you’re concentrated?”
“Mmm no, just you so far,” Jessica chuckled as Taeyeon pressed gentle kisses to her neck.
“Well you look super hot when you’re concentrated,” a hand slipped up Jessica’s shirt, “even more so when you’re concentrated on me.”
“Yeah well you did just force all of my attention away from my work and to you.”
“Shhhhh.”
“Why are you here anyway?”
“What, can’t I just kiss my beautiful girlfriend?”
“I’m pretty sure this is a lot more than kissing Taeng,” Jessica closed her eyes in pleasure as the hand in her shirt moved higher.
“Whoops. Should I stop?” Taeyeon had moved from kissing her neck to nibbling on her earlobe.
“No, you have permission to keep going.”
“WHAT’S UP SICA YOU SAD ?!!” Yuri screamed as she threw the door open. In their surprise, Jessica and Taeyeon fell of the chair.
“WhAT THE YURI??”
“I’M SORRY I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE GETTING IT ON.”
“I think we should go,” Tiffany stifled a laugh as she tugged on Yuri’s sleeve.
“YOU THINK?”
Meanwhile, Taeyeon was enjoying lying on Jessica, feeling Jessica’s arms wrap around her protectively, as if shielding her from the presence of Yuri.

    “So do you always interrupt your friends like that?” Tiffany asked in amusement as Yuri slammed the door shut.
“Uh….”
“I’ll take that as a yes.”

    “I hate Yuri,” Jessica huffed.
“Aw baby, don’t be too angry, at least we’ll be left alone indefinitely now,” Taeyeon laughed.
“But we fell on the floor!”
Taeyeon shrugged, “plenty more space for us to roll around then.”
“Oh my god, get off me,” Jessica pushed Taeyeon off as she sat up quickly.
“Aw come on! Why? It’s not like they’re going to come back in again.”
“We can do this later, when I’ve finished with this.”
“Oh fine.”
“Are you going to leave?”
“Do you want me to?”
“I mean…not really, but won’t you be bored?”
“I might just nap on the sofa.”
“Okay.”

    “Taeyeon, wake up.”
“Huh what?” Taeyeon sat up groggily.
Jessica smiled, “it’s time to go home.”
“Really?” she yawned as she stretched, “what time is it?”
“About 2,” Jessica brushed the hair away from Taeyeon’s face.
“What? Already?”
“Yeah come on, let’s go.”
The walk to Jessica house was quiet, with Taeyeon clinging to Jessica’s arm like a child, half asleep. It took twice as long as it usually would have to get to the front door, due to Taeyeon’s slow pace. But Jessica was patient and ended up, for most of the way, slightly dragging her to the door. Taeyeon managed to manoeuvre around the furniture and into the bedroom, where she slumped onto the bed and dozed off immediately.
“Aren’t you going to change?” Jessica asked. When there was no reply, she realised that her words were falling on deaf ears and rolled her eyes in amusement.

    Taeyeon woke up and discovered that she was wearing her favourite sweater, which belonged to Jessica, which meant that Jessica undressed her last night. As she looked at Jessica who still slept, she felt her ears heat up and turn red. Taeyeon counted all the times she had woken up early just to watch Jessica sleep. And then she smiled to herself when she remembered all the times she pretended to be asleep to watch Jessica watch her pretending to sleep and then she stopped thinking because her thoughts became too complicated for 8:30 am on a Saturday.
“Why do you look constipated?” Jessica asked sleepily, with a half smile on her tired face.
“I was thinking about complicated things and then my brain shut down for a bit.” When Jessica laughed her eyes laughed with her, and her laugh reminded Taeyeon of thick, warm blankets and the texture of watercolour paper and sleepy sunlight. She wasn’t sure what the three had to do with each other but they were familiar things and she kept it in mind to ponder the thought further when she had the time. Right now was for kissing Jessica until they were no longer asleep.

    On Saturdays, breakfast never really happened. Mainly because the two spent most of the morning in the bed doing various activities of the same nature (said activities will be withheld for the moment) and they never left the room before ten. And neither of them ever felt like cooking, so the rest of the morning would be spent at Sunny’s café with a cappuccino and a mocha. Sunny watched them walk back hand in hand, with Taeyeon swinging their hands back and forth and skipping along while a flustered Jessica tried to keep up while maintaining her dignity. And then she looked at Sooyoung, then back to them, and Sooyoung again. Sooyoung was sniffing some food in a tin, checking if it was off yet, and then she shrugged and proceeded to eat it anyway. Sunny found herself screwing up her face in disgust and walking over to Sooyoung so she could slap her.
“Ow what was that for?” Sooyoung looked at Sunny with a mix of pain and confusion.
Sunny sighed, “sometimes I don’t know why I’m attracted to you.”
“Perhaps it’s my…dashing good looks?”
“This is a mystery that will never be solved, it seems.”
“I hate you.”
“SAME!!! TWINNING!!!”
“I really hate you.”

    It was then decided by Taeyeon and Jessica that they would spend the rest of the day on and around the sofa, only leaving to retrieve supplies from the other rooms and/or to use the bathroom. To maximise the amount of time spent together, they showered together (which, of course, led to other things that shall be left to your imaginations). Taeyeon gathered her pencils and pens, while Jessica began reading while scribbling down a few things on a piece of card. Taeyeon’s mind drifted back to the things she thought about when she heard Jessica laugh in the morning. She zoned out for a bit, her hand drawing things she wasn’t full conscious and when she looked down at the page, she saw that she had drawn a very familiar scene, the large window by the dining table. She was reminded of the sleepy sunlight that poured in on slightly cloudy days, when the sky was still orange and rays spilled through the plump clouds. She remembered the warm blankets and drew them in a pile by the window. It was hard, she decided, to capture the sunlight with pencil, so she ran to her bag to the bedroom to get the emergency paint she kept in a drawer in Jessica’s closet. When she came back Jessica was looking at her in amusement.
“Why the rush?” she asked.
“I needed to get paint.”
Jessica moved closer to Taeyeon and her work space, “what are you drawing?”
“Well…it’s what comes to mind I hear your sleepy morning laugh.”
Jessica looks at her in confusion, “sleepy morning laugh?”
“Yeah, it’s kind of hard to explain, but it makes me think about warm blankets and the texture of watercolour paper and sleepy sunlight.”
“Oh.”
Jessica watched as Taeyeon painted and with every of the wet brush on the thick paper she began to feel more relaxed. She slid the card she had been writing on in her pocket.

    “Your lips look so…lonely? Yeah lonely. Would they l-l-like to meet…m-mine?” Jessica asked tentatively as she squinted at the small square of card in her palm.
“What?” Taeyeon wasn’t sure what she had heard. Was that a pick up line?
“I—um…your l-l-lips look so lonely…would t-they like t-t-to meet mine?” Jessica repeated, this time looking shyly at Taeyeon, crumpling the paper in her sweaty hand.
“Was that..a pick up line?” Taeyeon asked, stifling a laugh.
Jessica said nothing and shuffled backwards in embarrassment as Taeyeon put her book down and pushed her glasses up.
“Come here.” Jessica squeezed the balled up card in her hand tighter and froze.
“Okay if you won’t come here, I’ll go to you,” Taeyeon shifted slightly on the couch, before moving over to Jessica and cupping her face.
“Yes, I think my lips would like to meet yours,” she whispered to a red faced Jessica before pressing their lips together. When they parted Jessica stared at her with wide eyes, flushed cheeks, both out of fluster and embarrassment.
Taeyeon leaned in for another peck, “I like suave Jessica,” she said as she patted Jessica’s cheek and stood up to put her paint away.
Jessica pulled her knees up to her face, her arms over her eyes, fists clenched as she tried to rid herself of the tingly feeling spreading through her body like fire. Each replay of what had happened created new waves of the feeling and she squealed silently in a mix of happiness and shyness.
“Where’d that come from?” Taeyeon asked when Jessica had composed herself to the best of her ability.
“Sunny said you’d like it,” Jessica blushed again.
A small grin made its way on to Taeyeon’s face and she leaned in to kiss Jessica again

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

a bunch of a lot of things

i was trying to get this finished by the 1st but i guess i got too distracted by everything

oop

anyway its been about a year since i started this

woooo

i guess

im so bad at updating regularly im sorry

but this is longer than usual so yay??

im sorry

but i hope yall enjoy this and w/e