십일 Friday

Day By Day

Friday - IU (ft. Jang Yi Jeong)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
7/2/14

    The sun was just setting, although it was only about four in the afternoon. Jessica was out on one of her solitary walks, which were sometimes with Taeyeon nowadays. As much as she missed her it was nice to have some space to breathe and think. These days, the streets seemed to be less lively, there were less people, and everything was just, well, slow. It was nice, a pleasant change from the normally bustling streets and frantic hurries of those rushing to and from work. It was to be expected — the unexpectedly cold winter led most people to stay indoors, in the warmth and safety of homes and families.

    Home.

    What exactly was a home? When she last checked, the dictionary said that it was simply a place of residence. A house does that too, so does a box. If boxes could be considered homes, then the homeless aren’t really homeless are they? Jessica liked to think that homes were places where you were welcomed and where you were loved. Her house was not a home; there was no one to welcome her, and no one to love her. It was simply a house. Home is where the heart is. That’s how it went, right? But where exactly was her heart? Right now her heart was in her music. Music was synonymous with life for her.

    Lately, music reminded her of Taeyeon.

    As she walked down the sparsely populated streets, she shoved her hands in her pockets, fiddling with her phone, hoping that it would ring or at least vibrate. And that it did. As soon as she felt it move she whipped it out of her pocket with surprising speed.

 

Are you doing anything tonight?

No. why?

How does dinner sound? ^^

It sounds great

okayy :D see you at the cafè at 

um

six?

no five thirty

is that okay?

yup

yaaaayyy

okay

see you

i love you 

 

    Once she read the last three words Taeyeon had sent, she felt her heart flutter. Unfortunately, as educated and intelligent Jessica may have been, she had almost no knowledge of human emotions. Happiness, sadness, anger, those she all understood, but the mere concept of love completely escaped her. If she were to look at all the things she felt when she was around Taeyeon from a medical perspective it would seem like she had a very strange heart problem, maybe coronary artery disease, seeing as the symptoms for that were:

    1. Shortness of breath

    2. Palpitations

    3. Dizziness

    4. Faster heartbeat

    5. Nausea

    6. Sweating

    She felt all of those around Taeyeon, and she was genuinely afraid. All these new developments were frightening, mainly because they were happening so suddenly. 

    Little did she know that Taeyeon felt the exact same way around her. The only difference being that Taeyeon knew exactly what was going on; she was in love with Jessica to an indescribable extent. 

    The shortness of breath came whenever she was near her.

    Palpitations began whenever they touched.

    She became dizzy whenever she inhaled her scent, whenever she smiled, whenever she heard her voice.

    Her heartbeat sped up greatly whenever they made eye contact.

    The nausea came over her in a wave whenever she thought about her and whenever she wasn't there.

    And she found herself nervous and sweaty whenever they were alone together.

    These symptoms described the both of them. Jessica and Taeyeon. Taeyeon and Jessica. They felt the same things, the only difference was that one acknowledged the beauty of this love and the other was completely ignorant and afraid. 

    Jessica was unsure, she was willing to accept that. And things became clearer the longer she was with Taeyeon — they were going to work this out.

    Together.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

They're going on a daaaateee

well just dinner

it's pretty short

i'll update again tomorrow :)

thanks for subscribing, commenting and upvoting ^^