십 Airplane

Day By Day

Airplane - f(x)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
31/1/14

 

    When Jessica left the bar at exactly 12:02 a.m. with Taeyeon after her shift, Yuri smiled to herself. When Jessica began to buy her coffee at her usual time with Taeyeon, Sooyoung smiled to herself. When Jessica began to visit Taeyeon at work, playing with children and what not, Sunny smiled to herself. 

    It was obvious, the positive effect this so-called ‘relationship’ was having on the both of them. Jessica smiled more, she was less lethargic, and she finally had a use for her phone other than to occasionally text Yuri with one-word messages. Taeyeon, well, Taeyeon was always positive. In her case, she shone brighter, and, if possible, she physically radiated happiness.

    “So Tae, were you going to tell me about your girlfriend?” asked Sunny as she bent over Taeyeon’s desk as she worked.
“Girlfriend?”
“Oh don’t pretend. Sooyoung, Yuri and I all know about you and Jessica,” Sunny rolled her eyes.
“But I don’t have a girlfriend,” Taeyeon said, honestly confused as to what Sunny was implying.
“You’re so dense, ugh. Jessica is your girlfriend, is she not?”
“No she isn’t.”
“Wait. What?
“What? She’s not my girlfriend. I’m pretty sure I’m speaking properly, maybe you’re just stupid.”
Sunny was extremely confused. She narrowed her eyes, emphasising her words with hand movements, “wait. So why isn’t Jessica you’re girlfriend? Haha maybe I’m just going deaf.”
“Oh my god Sunny, Jessica isn’t my girlfriend because I haven’t asked her to be my girlfriend.”
“And why is that?” Sunny spat, unable to comprehend this absurdity.
“I don’t want to pressure her, I just want her to feel comfortable. We just wanna take it slow, for now,” Taeyeon explained.
Slow?! If you two went any slower, a turtle would be able to go through it’s entire life cycle in the time it took you two to actually kiss.”
“Ha!” Taeyeon scoffed, “the joke’s on you, cause we’ve kissed already. Twice!”
Taeyeon leaned back in her chair, a smug grin on her face, as Sunny sat in silence.
“If you already reached that stage, why are you not girlfriends?” Sunny asked once again.
“For ’s sake, Sunny, just let us go about this at our own pace! Jesus Christ!” Taeyeon finally snapped, slamming her hands on the table.
“Whoa.” The two of them turned to the door. There was Jessica, standing in the door way, a messenger bag slung over her shoulder and a giant bag that looked like it was about to burst, wide eyed and clearly surprised.

    Taeyeon’s disposition immediately changed as she broke into as smile and straightened in her chair, “Hi Jessica!” she beamed.
“Hi,” Jessica smiled back. Sunny watched this exchange, completely failing to understand why the had decided to go so slowly, the chemistry was obvious.
“Hey Sunny,” Jessica said casually as she set her bags down on the floor.
“Hey,” Sunny stood up, heading for the door. Looking at Taeyeon, she raised her eyebrows.
“Oh just get out, you ,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.
The door slammed shut.
“What was that all about?” asked Jessica as she turned to look at Taeyeon.
“Oh nothing, don’t worry,” Taeyeon shook it off with a smile. “Can I hug you?”
Jessica nodded. Taeyeon happily sprang out of her chair, bounding towards Jessica, wrapping her tightly in her embrace.
“I missed you,” Taeyeon whispered, burying her face in Jessica’s hair.
“Taeyeon, it’s been less than two days,” Jessica said, smiling discretely as she returned the hug.
“Well it was long enough for me to miss you,” Taeyeon pouted.
Jessica sighed, “if you don’t let go of me soon, I’ll want to stay in your arms forever,” she blurted.
“What?” Taeyeon asked, she heard it clearly, she just wanted to make sure.
Jessica pulled away from the hug and cleared , “nothing.”
Taeyeon giggled, “I love you.” Jessica blushed.
“Now come on, the kids will be here soon.”
“Why do you keep asking me to come anyway?” Jessica queried.
“Do you have anything better to do?”
“Uh, no?”
“Exactly.” Jessica was silent.

    The classroom was soon bumbling with the sound of cheerful little voices.
“Alright guys, Jessica is here again, say hello!”
“Hello Jessica-ssi,” they chorused.
“Um, hi,” Jessica said, looking desperately at Taeyeon for some assistance.
“It’s really cold outside, isn’t it?” Taeyeon asked her class, who nodded in agreement. “Well, Jessica has brought us some nice, thick and warm blankets, so we’re going to make a really big nest, okay?”
“Yaaaayyyy!!!”

    When the blankets were laid haphazardly on the carpet, the children dived into it, sinking into the warmth and fluffiness, playing with each other. The ‘nest’ was big enough to accommodate all of the 15 children in the class, as well as Jessica and Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn’t let go of Jessica’s hand as they snuggled into the blankets. This was very hard, considering there were 15 wriggling children moving vigorously as well.
“I liked it better when it was just you and me,” Jessica whispered to Taeyeon. Taeyeon felt her heart swell.
“Well, come on then,” she said, pulling Jessica up and retreating to a corner with a few blankets to themselves.

    Wrapping Jessica’s arms around herself, she covered their bodies with a blanket and cuddled against Jessica.
“Are you feeling uncomfortable?” she asked as she Jessica’s hair affectionately.
Jessica shook her head. They enjoyed a few moments to themselves as chaos unfolded over in the big nest until they were disturbed.
“Taeyeon seonsaengnim?” a small voice called out.
“Yes, Eunmi?” Taeyeon smiled.
“Can I play with you and Jessica unnie?”
“Well, Jessica unnie is tired and she doesn’t really want to play right now, but you can come and cuddle with us!” Taeyeon said as she made a space between the two of them. Eunmi nodded shyly as she lay down and wrapped her arms around Jessica.
“Jessica unnie is very pretty,” she blurted.
“She is, isn’t she?” she looked at Jessica with nothing short of love and adoration in her eyes. A look which she saw returned for a split second in Jessica’s eyes. And then Jessica looked away shyly, a blush obvious on her cheeks.

    In a short time, Eunmi fell asleep, and so did Taeyeon. There was still time until the class ended, so Jessica allowed herself to relax.

    Somehow, this arrangement of herself, Taeyeon and a child felt right.

    Maybe a life with Taeyeon wouldn’t be that bad at all.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jessica justs falls deeper and deeper.

I don't think anyone could be as patient as Taeyeon.

I'm bad with kids.

oops

this took too long

sorry guys