Let's Begin!

Covered Truth

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time was going by so fast. Would it be enough for him to learn everything in time? Even if he did learn, it was a matter of how he applied his training that mattered. No. He was confident that he wouldn’t mess up. There was no room for mistakes, no room for trial and error. Just one mistake would cause everything to go terribly wrong, so he just had to try and make sure he did everything correctly.

Three days had already passed, meaning that there was only three days left until Daehyun was single again. Even though he was looking forward to that day, he was also nervous. How could he not be nervous? The possibility of getting caught was high and if he did get caught.. Young Jae didn’t even want to think of the consequences. Who knows what Daehyun would do if he found out? It would be even worse for Young Jae if Yongguk found out.

With a small sigh, Young Jae looked away from the nearby window. Just as he did so, a paper ball took Young Jae by surprise, causing him to jump a bit. He looked around the classroom as his eyes quickly landed on Himchan. The older male was snickering as he pointed downwards, most likely indicating the paper ball that had been thrown. Young Jae narrowed his eyes before picking up the paper ball and opening it up. Young Jae scoffed once he read the note.

‘Hey! Pay attention! Stop dreaming about Daehyun’s crotch! That isn’t going to be on the test next week!’

Young Jae balled the piece of paper up once more before putting it into his bag. He would have thrown it back at Himchan with a response of some sort written on it, but the teacher hasn’t turned their back to the class for a while now. It was rather impressive that Himchan hadn’t gotten caught when he threw the paper ball earlier, though.. the older male did technically have a lot of practice from high school.

Once class was over, Himchan made his way over to Young Jae. Once he finished packing his things up, Young Jae got to his feet and the duo began walking. They walked in silence for a few minutes before Himchan finally couln’t take the silence anymore. “Young Jae! We HAVE to do something today! Something fun, preferably.” (HC)

“Fun..? Hm... What did you have in mind?” (YJ) Normally, Himcahn would have at least a vague idea as to where they could go. This time, however, he didn’t have a single idea. There weren’t many fun places to go to on campus, which meant that they most likely would have to head off of school grounds. Though, when that idea crossed his mind, a place finally formulated the second he felt himself feel a bit parched.

“Hey. I heard that there’s a new smoothie place that opened up in town. Wanna head there?” (HC) Before Young Jae could answer though, a voice quickly took the duo by surprise.

“There you two are!” (SY) Just as they turned, a pair of arms had wrapped around the two and began pulling them forward. Young Jae’s eyes widened a bit as he looked at Sooyoung, whom seemed to be rather determined about something. “You two are going to accompany me today!” (SY)

“Why should we? We have other plans.” (HC)

“Well because I did that favor and it’s still going on, so you two HAVE to come with me to this new smoothie place and treat me!” (SY) Well, that was convenient. At least they were already intending to go there anyway, so it’s not like they had to change their plans that much. The only thing that had been changed was Sooyoung being added into the formula.

“Um.. is that new smoothie place a really good place to go to?” (YJ) Sooyoung thought for a moment as the trio continued walking. Was it a good place to go to? How was she supposed to know? It just opened!

“No idea, but since it’s the ONLY smoothie place in town, it has to be good!” (SY) Sooyoung was convinced that the smoothies would be worth it. If not, then she would just have to make them pay for wasting her time and money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Young Jae! Sit how I taught you! If you don’t get into the habit of sitting lady-like, then you won’t be very convincing.” (SY) Young Jae slowly nodded as he adjusted himself a bit. It still felt awkward to sit the way Sooyoung sat, but he didn’t want to be found out too easily. After all, practice makes perfect. “Ah.. yes! You’re doing well. I think that we’ll have you dress up as a girl in public soon.” (SY)

“T-That soon..?!” (YJ)

“Well.. yea! If you don’t get used to dressing and acting like a girl, you won’t be convincing!” (SY) Young Jae didn’t like that idea, but.. it was probably better to do it as soon as possible. If he waited until Saturday, then most likely he would end up messing up the second he saw Daehyun. Just as he started to take another sip of his smoothie, his eyes looked up the second he heard the bell on top of the door ring.

His eyes widened the second he saw that beautiful, smiling face walk into the building. The second that person made eye contact with him, that person’s face lit up even brighter as he quickly made his way over to him. “Young Jae! I didn’t expect to see you here.” (DH)

“D-Dae-” (YJ)

“DAEHYUN! GET AWAY!” (SY) Sooyoung got to her feet instantly, holding her fingers up in the shape of a cross as she tried to make Daehyun move away. However, Daehyun could only stare in surprise as he endured Sooyoung’s constant pushing on his arm.

“Hey.. Sooyoung. What are you doing here?” (DH) Sooyoung let out an irritated whine as she sat back down and crossed one leg over the other. Crossing her arms, she picked up her smoothie and went back to drinking, ignoring Daehyun completely. Daehyun rubbed the back of his head a bit before he turned back to Young Jae, smiling. “So, Young Jae! I was uh.. wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow. There’s this party that Yongguk’s throwing and-” (DH)

“I-I can’t go tomorrow..” (YJ) Young Jae lowered his gaze as his grip tightened slightly on his smoothie. Finally, Daehyun had asked him to do something, but.. he couldn’t go because of Yongguk. Daehyun had a slight look of disappointment on his face, but he smiled as he crouched down. The two looked at each other, Young Jae turning a shade of red as he fought the urge to look away.

“Hey, it’s alright. You’re busy, I get it. Maybe we can hang out another day. Mind exchanging numbers?” (DH) Young Jae’s eyes widened as he quickly shook his head. Fumbling through his pockets, Young Jae quickly produced his phone and held it out to Daehyun. With a grin, Daehyun took a hold of Young Jae’s phone and put in his number. Before he gave back Young Jae’s phone, Daehyun took a picture of himself before saving the contact and handing it back to Young Jae. “There. Do the same with mine, alright? I want a picture too.” (DH)

Young Jae turned a deep shade of red as he stared at Daehyun’s picture. Ever since finding out he’s had a crush on Daehyun, Young Jae had secretly been taking pictures of Daehyun the entire time. Now, though, he had a genuine picture that had Daehyun’s permission. With a small nod, Daehyun produced his phone before holding it out to Young Jae. Taking Daehyun’s phone into his hands, Young Jae slowly ran his fingertips along the edge of the phone as he bit his bottom lip in an attempt to hide his happiness.

He quickly looked around before clearing his throat, his eyes locking back onto Daehyun’s phone as he began putting in his contact information. Once he was done, Young Jae saved it and held the phone back out to Daehyun. Daehyun took it, but a pout graced his face as he looked up at Young Jae. “No picture?” (DH)

Young Jae’s eyes widened as a panicked look came onto his face. “I-I-I’m sorry! I forgot, really! I’ll take a pict-” (YJ)

“Relax! I’m kidding! Come on. Take a picture with me.” (DH) Daehyun pressed a few things here and there before moving over next to Young Jae. Young Jae moved over a bit, allowing Daehyun to take the small amount of empty space before he raised the phone up. In order to make sure that he didn’t end up falling over and to make sure that Young Jae was close enough, Daehyun put his arm around Young Jae’s shoulder before pulling him close. “Alright! Say cheeeeeese~!” (DH)

Young Jae was a deep shade of red, but he sheepishly smiled as he raised his hand up a bit to create a peace sign. The sound of the click signaled for the two to relax, though Young Jae was still tense. Daehyun pulled up the picture as he grinned, showing the picture to Young Jae. Wooow! Look how attractive you look! See? A smile is a lot more attractive than a frown!” (DH)

Young Jae nodded, but his face just wouldn’t stop lighting up. Himchan was quietly chuckling to himself as he attempted to hold a conversation with Sooyoung the entire time this was going on. He was glad that Young Jae was able to get some sort of alone time with Daehyun, though.. the only problem was how to get the two together without Young Jae having to get dressed up. Sadly...

“Hey! Daehyun! What are you doing?” (BY) Yongguk walked up to the table, his hands in his pocket as he held a smug look on his face. He looked down at Daehyun, whom looked up at him in response. Yongguk could see the arm that was currently wrapped around Young Jae’s shoulders as well as how close the two were, considering they were sharing a chair. “Ah.. Daehyun. If you’re not careful, people would think you’re dating Young Jae.” (BY)

“So? Let them think what they want.” (DH) Pressing the save button on his phone, Daehyun grinned before putting his phone away. Getting up onto his feet, he dusted himself off before looking at Young Jae. “I’ll text you later to make sure our numbers are correct! Make sure to answer, alright?” (DH)

Young Jae nodded, but his excitement had died down rather quickly. As Daehyun walked away, Yongguk crouched down low and whispered just quiet enough for only Young Jae to hear. “Since Daehyun approached you.. I won’t do anything.” (BY)

"I-I'm.. I'm not scared of you.." (YJ) Standing up straight, Yongguk smirked as he ruffled Young Jae’s hair. However, his fingers trailed down the side of Young Jae’s head, slowly caressing Young Jae’s jawline with his fingertips before lifting Young Jae’s head by pushing upwards on Young Jae’s chin.

“Heh.. cute.” (BY)

With yet another smirk, Yongguk walked over to where Daehyun was currently ordering his smoothie. Young Jae glared at the back of Yongguk’s head before turning back to his friends. He slurped on his smoothie angrily, which did bring some worry from Himchan. “That Yongguk.. he’s never flirted with a male before.” (SY)

“Eh? What do you mean?” (HC) Sooyoung looked over at Himchan before leaning in close. She quickly looked over at Young Jae and motioned for him to do the same, which he did. Sooyoung made sure to speak in hushed teams, mostly because of the fact that the one she was speaking about was just a few mere feet away.

“Well.. Yongguk isn’t the type to flirt with men. Even if it’s playful flirting, he’s never done it. He always acts tough around all the other guys. Now that I think about it..” (SY) Sooyoung looked over at Young Jae, whom blinked innocently. She narrowed her eyelids as she examined the younger male before sighing. “You have a crush on Daehyun and you dressing up like a girl is related to that.. am I right?” (SY)

“W-Wha-” (YJ)

“Don’t deny it. It’s obvious you have a crush on him.” (SY) Sooyoung sighed as she pressed a single fingertip to her forehead. She thought for a brief moment before looking back at Young Jae. “Alright. I’ll keep helping you. Even though I hate that man... I’ve grown to like you.” (SY)

“R-Really?” (YJ) Sooyoung nodded as she leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms once again before taking a sip of her smoothie. Himchan leaned back in his seat as he tried to figure out whether Sooyoung was trying to do this for her own personal gain or if she genuinely really wanted to help Young Jae.

“You hate Daehyun.. Yet you would be happy with Daehyun’s happiness if he really does date Young Jae?” (HC) Sooyoung scoffed as she turned to look at Himchan. She raised a single brow as the two stared at one another for a few seconds before she shrugged.

“Nope. I wouldn’t be happy whatsoever if Daehyun is happy. But.. that doesn’t mean that I have to get in the way of Young Jae’s happiness.” (SY) Himchan felt like there was something that Sooyoung was hiding, but.. he couldn’t exactly force it out of her. It wasn’t his place to try and continue trying to get answers. “Ah! Come now. Let’s get going.” (SY)

Getting up from her seat, Sooyoung turned towards the door and began walking. She paused for a brief moment before turning around, shaking her smoothie. “Ah.. let’s get seconds first before we leave.” (SY)

Himchan sighed as he got up from his seat. He already knew that he was going to have to pay for it yet again so as Sooyoung and Himchan both made their way to order the three smoothies, Daehyun and Yongguk had taken the opportunity to take their seats. “Ah! Young Jae! We’ll keep you company until they come back.” (DH)

Young Jae could feel his heart flutter as he looked over at Daehyun, but he couldn’t help but eye Yongguk with worry. He turned his gaze back over at Daehyun as he nervously smiled, nodding his head a bit. “T-Thank you.. I appreciate the company.” (YJ)

“So, Young Jae... Ever got yourself a girlfriend? Or.. are you interested in getting a boyfriend?” (BY) Young Jae didn’t know how to answer that question. He wanted Daehyun and only Daehyun, so.. that counted as a boyfriend, right? But.. if Daehyun was against such things, then maybe it was best to answer safely.

“I-I..” (YJ)

“Ah.. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, Young Jae.” (DH) Daehyun couldn’t necessarily tell exactly, but it seemed as if the question made Young Jae uncomfortable. It practically put Young Jae on the spot after all and with how shy Daehyun knew the younger male was, it wasn’t exactly the nicest thing to do to him.

“Hey! Young Jae! Let’s get moving!” (SY) Sooyoung pulled Young Jae up onto his feet before she began walking. Daehyun seemed a bit disappointed, but he smiled nonetheless the second he made eye contact with Young Jae.

“I’ll see you around. Make sure to text me later!” (DH) Young Jae nodded and with a small wave, quickly lowered his head as he followed after Sooyoung. Himchan shot Yongguk a glare, whom only smirked in response, before following after the two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three of them sat in Himchan and Young Jae’s dorm room the next day. While Himchan and Sooyoung were talking, Young Jae was off in his own little world, staring at Daehyun’s picture with a giddy smile on his face. He to his belly, still holding his phone in both hands as let out a small, satisfied sigh. Though, he did wonder why Daehyun hadn't texted him yet. Should he text him first? “Young Jae! Stop thinking of Daehyun and pay attention!” (HC)

Pushing himself up, he turned to face the other two as he quickly hid his phone behind him. He turned a bit red and nodded a bit as he looked up at the two. “As I was saying.. While you are dressed like a girl, you’re going to have to get a new phone.” (SY)

Young Jae stared for a brief moment before he began thinking. “W-Why do I have to get a new phone..?” (YJ)

BECAUSE! You can’t use your phone, especially since Daehyun has your number now and you can’t use Himchan’s phone either! Why? Because at least he’s on friendly terms with Himchan. If he gets Himchan’s number also, then you’re screwed! You can’t use my phone either, because I actually need my phone so the only thing left is to get a new phone!” (SY) Well.. it did make sense. Young Jae nodded, not even taking another second to rethink their decision. With a small sigh, Sooyoung got up and walked over to the bag of untouched girl clothing. Opening it up, she pulled out a few clothes and made an outfit out of it before turning and tossing it over to Young Jae. “Put it on.” (SY)

“W-Why?!” (YJ) Picking up the clothing list, he looked at the outfit before looking up at Sooyoung. It didn’t make any sense to suddenly decide to make him put on these clothes. It’s not like they needed him to put these clothes on.

“Because, we have to get practicing. Yongguk is a skirt chaser, so he’ll know in an instant if you’re a girl or not. Why don’t you have any heels?” (SY) Sooyoung looked around, but she didn’t see any sort of clothes specifically for girls. Sure, Young Jae’s normal shoes would work, but heels were needed with certain outfits.

“N-No.. I was just going to use my sneakers.” (YJ) Sooyoung only sighed as she pointed over at the bathroom door.

“Hurry up. Go change.” (SY) Young Jae looked over at Himchan, whom only shrugged. With a small sigh, Young Jae got up from his bed and made his way over to the bathroom. Once the door was closed, Sooyoung sighed as she sat down on Young Jae’s bed.

“Do you think Young Jae can pull it off?” (HC) Sooyoung looked up at Himchan before thinking. Sadly, she only shrugged as she leaned back, using her arms to keep herself from completely falling backwards.

“It all depends on his skill level. So far, he has been doing well, but what about when he’s dressed up like a girl? He’s going to feel uncomfortable and most likely.. he won’t do as well. That’s why it’s important to start him early in terms of cross dressing. But... I think he’ll do well. He has the determination, right?” (SY) Himchan nodded as he leaned back in his seat. “Of course.. we’ll also have to make sure to keep an eye on him. You never know.. right?” (SY)

“Yea..” (HC)

“H-How do you put this on..?” (YJ) They could hear Young Jae’s voice come from the bathroom, but Himchan was rather sure that Young Jae was talking to himself. Sooyoung sighed as she shook her head a bit, looking back out the window.

“For a supposed genius, he doesn’t seem that smart.” (SY)

“With math, language arts, social studies, and science.. he does well. When it comes to the real world though.. he needs a boost.” (HC) Why else was Himchan protective over Young Jae? Because the kid was practically a newborn infant when it came to real world issues.

It took Young Jae about twenty minutes to finally finish getting changed. The wig had been the biggest trouble he had, but he somehow managed. Opening the door, he stepped out, turning a shade of red once he felt their eyes on him. “H-How is it..?” (YJ)

“Wow! I almost didn’t recognize you!” (SY) Getting to her feet, Sooyoung made her way over to Young Jae to examine him a bit better. Himchan, however, only stared with wide eyes as he felt his face heating up. Why... was he feeling like this? It was still Young Jae underneath those clothes and yet... he still felt.. embarrassed? Yea.. that had to be it. He was just embarrassed that he had to see his best friend dress up like a girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

Mwaha >3<..
Young Jae and Daehyun exchanged phone numbers!
That is a huge step into their ‘friendship’ x3
And what’s this..?
Himchan! What is on your mind, I wonder *-*..

Comments are loved and appreciated!
I like talking to everyone~
I also like seeing whether I am typing these right or not! ]]