Protecting Him

Covered Truth

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHY YOUNG JAE, WHY?!” (HC) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he continued attempting to drag Himchan around the room. After telling Himchan that he was moving out to live with Daehyun, Himchan had been clinging onto his leg and forcing Young Jae to have to pull him around while trying to pack his things. “Are you not grateful?! I raised you all this time and yet, you’re moving out!” (HC)

“H-Himchaaan..! Don’t be like this! I’ll come by and visit.” (YJ) Himchan furiously shook his head as he tightened his hold on Young Jae’s leg.

“No! That’s not good enough, you ungrateful kid!” (HC) Young Jae came to a stop as he furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at Himchan, whom was staring back at him with a sort of angry look on his face as well. “You didn’t even come back last night! You come in after breakfast, proclaim you’re moving out, and then start packing immediately! That’s just rude!” (HC)

Okay, so Young Jae had spent the night with Daehyun... on the floor. What? They had yet to get any furniture for their place, so it’s not like they could do anything about it. Plus, Daehyun didn’t want to be all alone on the floor. So, Young Jae stayed with Daehyun to keep him company. It’s not like he minded it either. He liked sleeping with Daehyun. “I don’t have to check in with you, Himchan. You’re not my mom!” (YJ)

Himchan gasped dramatically before releasing his grip on Young Jae. He sat there, glaring for a few seconds before getting to his feet. Placing his hands on Young Jae’s shoulders, he stared for a few moments before sighing. “You’re right. I’m not your mother.” (HC)

Even though Young Jae felt some sort of sense of relief from that single moment in time, that soon ended the second he felt himself being pushed backwards and onto his bed. Young Jae stared up at Himchan with widened his eyes, clearly confused as to why he had been pushed onto the bed. Himchan smiled evilly as he placed one knee on the bed, raising his hands up to shoulder length as he moved his fingers all over the place. “I’m your worst nightmare!” (HC)

“H-Himchan.. don’t you dare..!” (YJ) Himchan evilly snickered as he put his other knee on the bed, slowly moving towards Young Jae as he continued moving his fingers this way and that.

“Oh, I dare!” (HC) Just as Himchan was close enough to attack, Young Jae raised his legs up as one of his forms of defense whenever Himchan decided to use tickling to his advantage. Sadly, Himchan always managed to get between his legs before the next phase in Himchan’s plan would commence.

“D-Don’t, Himchan!” (YJ)

“I have to get my revenge!” (HC) Just as Young Jae reached forward to stop Himchan, Himchan reacted first by pulling Young Jae’s shirt up and covering his head with it. Young Jae whined as he reached up in an attempt to get his shirt free, be Himchan used this to his advantage yet again as his fingers quickly began invading Young Jae’s tummy.

Instantly, laughter exploded from the younger male as he moved one of his free hands southward in an attempt to not only free himself with one hand, but also save himself with the other. It was rather difficult, considering the fact that not only was Himchan stronger than him, but he was also blinded at the moment. “H-Himc-chan! S-Stop!” (YJ)

“Not until I’m satisfied! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” (HC) Just as Himchan finished his maniacal laughter, a ring tone disturbed his merriment. With an annoyed sigh, Himchan pushed himself off of Young Jae as he began searching for the phone that was ringing.

Young Jae quickly sat up, fixing his phone and crossing both his arms and legs as he watched Himchan search for the phone. The ringing sounded familiar, but Young Jae couldn’t quite place a finger on it just yet.

Just as Young Jae was about to give up, Himchan finally produced the phone that was creating the sound. Instantly, Young Jae’s eyes widened as it landed on the white smart phone that supposedly belonged to none other than.. Hana. “T-That’s..” (YJ)

“Hm?” (HC) Himchan turned to look at Young Jae, whom had his eyes on the phone. Himchan looked down at the phone at first before looking back over at Young Jae. Walking over to the younger male, he took a seat on the bed before holding it out to Young Jae. “You remember this phone?” (HC)

“Y-Yea.. I do.” (YJ) Young Jae took hold of the phone as the ringing came to an end. He unlocked the phone before looking at the nine missed calls. The recent ones were all from Yongguk, but the oldest one was from Daehyun. Moving away from the missed calls, Young Jae went over to the text messages that had been sent.

Of course, all of these were from Yongguk. First, Yongguk had been asking about when he would want the date, how he was doing, where he was, etc. After reading the last text message, Young Jae finally noticed that there was a single voice message that had been left. Opening up the text message, Young Jae pressed play before putting the phone up to his ear and listening.

“Hello? This is recording.. right? Ah-Ah! Testing.. Wait. This isn’t a microphone.. Heh. Guess I just embarrassed myself. Uh.. anyway, Hana? Did you forget our date today? I’ve waited for about three hours.. but I guess... I already know the reason you’re not here. You’re Young Jae, right? When I first saw you.. The second I saw your face, I.. I guess I already knew. I don’t know why you dressed up like a girl, but... I hope that you tell me the truth about it when you finally remember. When you do.. I’ll tell you the truth too. Or did I already tell you? Well... that’s okay too. I mean... I feel like.. I already love you.. but.. wait. I shouldn’t say that. Can I start again?” (DH)

Young Jae could hear Daehyun let out a sigh before a slight chuckle followed after that. “Ah... I guess I can’t. Too late to take back my words. Guess you already know the truth before you could tell me. I feel like I love you, but.. I’m not sure yet. Maybe it’s just because I finally held you in my arms... and I finally.. kissed you. Okay.. you kissed me, but it’s close enough, right? Anyway.. uh.. What else do I say?” (DH)

From there, there were sounds of movement before the audio cut off. Young Jae was smiling like a goofball the entire time and he still was. Slowly, he put the phone down before looking up at Himchan, whom was grinning. “So, what was that about?” (HC)

“Daehyun said he knew that I was Hana... but he also said that he loved me!” (YJ) Himchan raised a single brow as he folded his arms. Love? It was a bit too early to love someone. Though, he would let it slip for now as long as Daehyun remained in love with Young Jae. “I should go see Da-” (YJ)

Young Jae was cut off the second he heard his own phone going off. He fumbled through his pockets before pulling the small device out. Looking at the caller I.D., a slight frown came on his face as he looked up at Himchan. “It’s Yongguk...” (YJ)

“Don’t answer it.” (HC)

“But.. I promised him a date today.” (YJ)

“That’s today?!” (HC) Himchan couldn’t help but stare in disbelief. Young Jae was really going to go through with his promises?! Since when had he raised Young Jae to complete a promise that wouldn’t do him any good?! In fact, it would only prove to possibly ruin Young Jae’s chances with Daehyun! “Just say you don’t want to do it anymore!” (HC)

“I promised him though..” (YJ) Before Himchan could say anything else, Young Jae pressed the accept button on his phone before putting the device up to his ear. “Hello..?” (YJ)

“ ‘Ey Young Jae! You ready for our date today? I found a nice place to go to. I think you’ll like it.” (BY) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he saw Himchan’s judging stare. He turned away, not wanting to see it, but he could still feel it practically drilling deep into his skin and directly into his soul. It was definitely not the kind of stare one wanted to receive from Himchan of all people.

“Y-Yea... I’m ready. When do you wanna go?” (YJ)

“Now.” (BY) Young Jae jumped as a sudden knock on the door took them both by surprise. They both stared at the door for a moment before looking at one another. Himchan shook his head feverishly, but it proved to be futile as Young Jae got to his feet anyway. Pulling the phone away from his ear, Young Jae placed it back into his pocket before heading over to the door. With one last look at Himchan, he swallowed the lump in his throat before taking a hold of the door knob and turning it.

With the door slowly being pulled open, it soon revealed a large bouquet of flowers hiding the person behind it. Lowering the bouquet, Yongguk revealed his somewhat shy smile as he held the flowers out. “Here. I got you some flowers.” (BY)

Yongguk briefly glanced over at Himchan and wiggled his eyebrows in a suggestive manner before looking back at Young Jae. Young Jae was a bit too preoccupied with the flowers to have noticed Yongguk’s movements. With a small smile coming onto his face, Young Jae took hold of the bouquet before giving it a smell. “They’re really nice..” (YJ)

“So, are you ready to go or do you need to change?” (BY) Young Jae looked at Yongguk’s clothing. Yongguk was wearing all black, but it looked rather nice on Yongguk. He was currently wearing a black leather jacket over a black v-neck. Looking lower, Yongguk was wearing leather pants, to which... made it seem as if Yongguk wasn’t wearing any underwear. Young Jae turned red before pulling his eyes away from that region, looking down to see that Yongguk was wearing combat boots.

He stared for a brief moment before looking at his own clothing. In terms of clothing, he was definitely lacking in terms of looks. Young Jae bit his bottom lip before looking back up at Yongguk. “I.. have to change.” (YJ)

“A’ight. I’ll just wait on the bed with Himchan.” (BY) Young Jae nodded as he turned and made his way over to his wardrobe. While Young Jae was preoccupied with picking out his outfit, Yongguk strolled over nonchalantly towards the bed. He plopped down next to Himchan, whom furrowed his eyebrows and moved away a bit.

While Young Jae entered the bathroom, Yongguk turned over to face Himchan and grinned, showing off his gummy smile. Himchan stared for a brief moment before rolling his eyes and looking away. “Hey now. Don’t be like that. If you want me to chase after you, just say the word.” (BY)

“Not interested. I already told you to stay away from Young Jae and yet, here you are.” (HC) Yongguk chuckled a bit as he leaned forward slightly. He took Himchan’s hand into both of his and oddly enough, Himchan didn’t pull his hand away. Instead, he turned to look at Yongguk with a single brow raised. “What are you doing?” (HC)

“Tryin’ na get on yo good side.” (BY) Himchan sighed before pulling his hand out of Yongguk’s grasp. Yongguk smirked a bit as he moved closer, placing his hand on Himchan’s thigh. “Yanno.. I’m finding you quite y.” (BY)

Himchan turned and glared at Yongguk before punching Yongguk’s arm. Once Yongguk was preoccupied with his slowly throbbing arm, Himchan moved away yet again before folding his arms. “You’re an idiot. Young Jae hasn’t even picked who he wants to be with and already you’re hitting on someone else.” (HC)

“A’ight. If it bothers you that much, I’ll chase only after you.” (BY) Himchan narrowed his eyelids as he tried to figure out what exactly was going on in Yongguk’s head. Why was it that despite how determined Yongguk had been with chasing Young Jae, he suddenly decides to do a complete turn and go after him? It didn’t matter though. He didn’t want Yongguk chasing after him.

“Not interested. Now get out and stay away from Young Jae.” (HC) Yongguk chuckled as he got to his feet. Dusting himself off, he turned to look at Himchan once more.

“I’m not going to stay away from him. Since you ain’t interested, Imma make him mine..” (BY) Yongguk smirked as he saw Himchan’s look of annoyance. He turned around, smiling happily the second he heard the bathroom door open. Yongguk eyed Young Jae, whistling as he walked up to Young Jae. “Wooow.. So damn hot...” (BY)

“T-Thank you...” (YJ) Young Jae turned red as he held his left index finger with his right hand. He turned away, feeling quite embarrassed about receiving a compliment from someone that wasn’t Daehyun. He really didn’t know how he felt about this and he still remembered what Daehyun had told him about Yongguk earlier, but.. it was just this one time. After this, he was going to tell Yongguk that he was going to stay with Daehyun. That was it. No more giving Yongguk chances. “Can we.. go now?” (YJ)

“Oh.. Impatient, are we? That’s a’ight. Let’s get goin’ then.” (BY) As Young Jae turned around, he jumped a bit as he felt a hand around his waist. He looked down at the hand before looking to the owner of it, looking away once again as Yongguk gave that gummy grin of his. Leaving the room, Yongguk gave Himchan a sly smirk before closing the door behind them.

Himchan scoffed as he got to his feet. He was NOT jealous! How could he be jealous?! Pulling out his phone, he scrolled through his contacts before dialing a number. Putting the phone up to his ear, he tapped his foot impatiently before finally, the person he was trying to contact picked up. “Hello?” (SY)

“Sooyoung, Yongguk is going on a date with Young Jae and I can’t watch over them. I.. have class.” (HC) He was already on his third strike. One more missed day and that would cost him a letter grade. “So.. I need you to go with Daehyun to watch over Young Jae during their supposed date.” (HC)

Silence. Well, it wasn’t completely silent. Himchan could hear Sooyoung’s breathing on the other line, but he could only assume that she was thinking. With a small sigh, Sooyoung finally spoke. “Alright. I’ll go. I’ll contact Daehyun. Do you know where their date will be?” (SY)

“... No. You’ll have to ask Young Jae.” (HC) Himchan hadn’t thought about asking, but then again.. it probably would have been odd if he had. It wasn’t exactly any of his business to know where they were going after all.

Sooyoung sighed a bit, showing how slightly disappointed she was with Himchan. “Alright, fine. I’ll text Young Jae to get the information. Okay, bye.” (SY)

With that, the call ended. Himchan sighed as he looked at what time it was. Would it be alright? Would Sooyoung and Daehyun watch over Young Jae well? Of course! Sooyoung has been doing quite a good job with it so far and if Daehyun truly loved Young Jae, he wouldn’t let anything happen to the younger male.

So, everything was set in place.. hopefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Jae felt uncomfortable on this date. Sure, they were just having lunch together, but he still felt uncomfortable. He was technically cheating on Daehyun by being on this date and it was making him feel bad. He bit his bottom lip as he kept his gaze on his face, using his fork to constantly play with his spaghetti. “Young Jae? Wassup? You sick or sumthin’?” (BY)

Looking up from his food, he smiled weakly before shaking his head. He turned his gaze back down towards his food, rolling his spaghetti up before bringing it up to his mouth. Taking in the entire ball of spaghetti, he chewed before looking up at Yongguk. He gave a small smile before picking up his napkin and wiping his lips.

After he finished chewing and swallowing whatever had been chewed up, he placed his fork down before reaching for his drink. He paused for a brief moment before looking up at Yongguk once more. “I think... we shouldn’t date anymore..” (YJ)

Yongguk nearly dropped his drink from the sudden confession. Pulling the cup away from his lips and placing it safely back onto the table, he looked over at Young Jae. “What’s with this all of a sudden? We didn’t even finish our date yet and already you don’t wanna date anymore?” (BY)

“W-Well... I heard you talking with Himchan. You like him... not me.. It’s better if you go after only him.” (YJ) Yongguk raised a single brow as he leaned back in his seat. Young Jae had been listening in on their conversation? He smirked, chuckling a bit as he reached for his fork.

“I only said that to Himchan because I wanted him to feel like he had a chance. He said that he wasn’t interested, so he isn’t interested.” (BY) Yongguk gave a light shrug before looking down at his food. Yongguk frowned slightly as he let out a small sigh. “I just want to find someone important to me, ‘na mean?” (BY)

Yongguk gave a quick glance up at Young Jae. He had to fight the urge to smile the second he saw the saddened look on Young Jae’s face. Would he win Young Jae over using this tactic? “Do you.. really want someone important to you?” (YJ)

“Yea... I do. I really believe it could be you, man. You’re the only one that makes me feel this way.” (BY) Yongguk leaned forward, taking a hold of Young Jae’s hand. Young Jae turned red as his mouth hung slightly agape. Young Jae looked up at Yongguk, whom lightly caressed Young Jae’s hand as he made eye contact with Young Jae. “You’re everything to me.. so.. pick me.” (BY)


“Daehyun.. you need to calm down.” (SY) Daehyun was currently gritting his teeth as he twisted his napkin back and forth. He didn’t like that Yongguk was touching HIS boyfriend the way that he was. Daehyun would have probably stepped in already, but Sooyoung had constantly kept holding him back. It was getting a bit difficult to hold himself back, but as long as it didn’t go past hand holding, he would have enough self control to keep himself from beating Yongguk up.

Still.. it was rather difficult to stay calm. Seeing Young Jae turning red the way he was, seeing his hand in someone else’s hand, it was proving too much for Daehyun. He let out a small sigh before leaning back in his seat, folding his arms as he looked away. He was grumpy at the moment and he didn’t really want to continue watching this. “Just.. tell me when it’s over or if he needs help..” (DH)

“Alright.” (SY) Sooyoung sighed as she shook her head a bit. She looked over at Young Jae and Yongguk’s table, making sure to keep watch. Hopefully, they wouldn’t be needed to intervene in any way.


“I-I.. I can’t..” (YJ) Young Jae slowly slipped his hand out from Yongguk’s grasp before moving up just a bit to pull his wallet out. He was going to pay for his food, then head out. He didn’t want to do this anymore. He felt uncomfortable doing this and the fact that Yongguk seemed to be getting attached a little too much wasn’t exactly a great thing. “I’ll just.. pay for my food and go.” (YJ)

“No, wait! Don’t go.” (BY) Young Jae got to his feet and began walking. Yongguk quickly got up as well, following after Young Jae. Young Jae was going to head to the restroom first, but he hadn’t anticipated Yongguk to follow after him. Just as he entered the restroom, he let out a small yelp, quickly clasping a hand over his mouth as he felt himself being suddenly pulled by his wrist. He looked at Yongguk with widened eyes before trying to calm himself down.

He lowered his hand, looking calmly at Yongguk as he attempted to pull his wrist out of Yongguk’s grasp. Sadly, it seemed like Yongguk didn’t have the same plans as Young Jae’s. “Please let go of me.. I.. I have to use the restroom.” (YJ)

“Restroom, eh? You wanna just.. get it on?” (BY) Young Jae stared at Yongguk in confusion, but shook his head regardless. He didn’t want anything to do with Yongguk anymore. Maybe as a friend, but that was about it. “Oh.. I know you want to. I’ll show you that I can be special in your heart too.” (BY)

Before Young Jae could react, Yongguk leaned in close as he pressed his lips against Young Jae’s. Young Jae’s eyes widened as he tried to push Yongguk away, but Yongguk now had a hold of both of Young Jae’s wrists. He struggled to pull his wrists free, but it only proved to be worthless.

Young Jae let out a small whine as he felt himself his back press up against the wall. He struggled more as he felt Yongguk’s body press against his. Even as Yongguk somehow managed to get both of Young Jae’s wrists into one hand, he still couldn’t get himself free. As Yongguk began transferring his kisses down towards Young Jae’s neck, Young Jae let out a small cry as he felt Yongguk rubbing his crotch. He grit his teeth, shut his eyes tightly and furrowed his eyebrows as he brought his knee up as hard and as fast as possible.

Oddly enough, his knee hadn’t come into contact with anything. In fact, he had heard a voice, followed by a grunt and then Yongguk’s body no longer pressed against his. Slowly, he opened his eyes before they widened to see Daehyun standing in front of him in a protective manner with Yongguk laying on the ground, rubbing at his chin. “Stay away, you bastard!” (DH)

“Tch.. I was just doin’ what Young Jae wanted. At least I can give him pleasure. What can you do?! Nothing!” (BY) Yongguk got to his feet before narrowing his eyes. He grabbed a hold of Daehyun’s collar, to which Daehyun did the same to Yongguk’s collar. “I’ve been real lenient on you, Daehyun. But.. I guess Imma have to show you who’s the alpha male.” (BY)

“Tch.. you” (DH) Using his right hand, he pulled it back before shooting it upwards, hitting Yongguk’s jaw once again. This caught Yongguk off guard, which caused him to release his grip on Daehyun’s collar and sent him backwards once again. This time, however, Yongguk didn’t call back as he glared at Daehyun.

“You’re gonna pay for that.” (BY)

“Young Jae.. go.” (DH)

“N-No..! I-” (YJ) Young Jae was cut off as Yongguk charged at Daehyun. Young Jae let out a small yelp as Daehyun had quickly reached back and pushed Young Jae out of the way before being rammed into the wall. Daehyun let out a grunt as all of the air was knocked out of him. Before he could recollect himself, a punch to the face disoriented Daehyun for a brief moment.

Just as another punch was about to land, Daehyun raised his arm up to send Yongguk’s fist off to the side before he brought his free hand up and pushed Yongguk back. Taking that small moment to take in some air, Daehyun took a single step forward before bringing his leg up and shooting his foot forward, hitting Yongguk back even further.

Young Jae stood off to the side, his arms up in a defensive manner as he couldn’t help but watch helpless as the two continued their fight. What was he supposed to do? Should he even do anything? If he did, would it be the right thing to do? Young Jae really didn’t know and thus, he ended up standing there, frozen in place. “P-Please..! S-Stop this!” (YJ)

This seemed familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. Flashes of images ran through his head for some reason. He closed his eyes as he held his head, his head hurting just slightly. Once the images stopped coming to him, Young Jae opened his eyes as he finally paid attention to what was going on.

His eyes widened as he saw Yongguk laying on the floor, groaning a bit as he rubbed at his now bleeding mouth. Young Jae looked up at Daehyun, whom was panting a bit from exhaustion. Young Jae could see the slowly developing bruises on Daehyun’s skin. Young Jae frowned as he made his way over to Daehyun, whom looked up and smiled wearily. “Hey... you’re safe.” (DH)

“You’re hurt..” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled as he ruffled Young Jae’s hair a bit, smiling warmly.

“I’m alright... Let’s get going.” (DH)

“Yea.. run.. in’ ..” (BY) Daehyun looked down at Yongguk before shaking his head in disapproval. Daehyun turned back towards Young Jae before smiling once again, wrapping his arm around Young Jae’s shoulders as they made their way out.

Once they were out, they were quickly met by Sooyoung. Sooyoung had a look of worry and surprise on her face as she examined Daehyun. “Are you okay?” (SY)

“Yea... I’m fine.” (DH) Daehyun looked around, but noticed that there wasn’t some sort of crowd surrounding them. He looked over at Sooyoung with a confused look, but it seemed like she knew what he was thinking about.

“I distracted everyone by performing a song. You owe me.” (SY) Sooyoung smiled a bit as the trio began walking out. After paying for their meal, they made their way out of the restaurant before they began walking along. Hopefully, they wouldn’t have anything to do with Yongguk anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yongguk sighed as he continued to lay there on the bathroom floor. He didn’t care how dirty bathroom floors were. He didn’t care that he just lost a fight with Daehyun. It’s the fact that he messed up, as usual. Though.. why did it feel as if he wasn’t all that disappointed with losing Young Jae?

Pushing himself up into a sitting position, he pulled his phone out. Oddly enough, he had gotten Himchan’s phone number. How? He doesn’t really remember how. Did he care? Nope. At least he has it. With a small sigh, Yongguk pressed the call button before pressing the phone up to his ear. “Hello..?” (HC)

“We need to talk.” (BY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

Hopefully.. that went a little nicely/smoothly..
Young Jae and Yongguk will no longer be dating one another >3<..
Why?
Well.. Yongguk’s feelings seemed to have swayed.
And.. Specifically because Daehyun has become Young Jae’s guardian. -/nod-..

I would also like to apologize in advance..
Updates MIGHT, and I emphasize, MIGHT slow down.
I have been feeling a wee bit depressed lately..
I honestly do not know the reason behind this, but I have.
So if I don’t update for like.. ever, that’s why.
So please bare with me >.<..

Comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone >3<..
I also like to see if I am typing these chapters out nicely enough >.<.. ]]