A Little Side-Tracked

Covered Truth

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(EJ) - Eunji speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time seemed to fly by as many things had been completed. Young Jae had caught up with his classes, Daehyun was a lot more careful about letting Young Jae have another sneak peek, and Yongguk was devoting the majority of his time to winning Himchan over. Plus, Daehyun and Young Jae had managed to decorate their home rather nicely. Of course, Young Jae’s room was still a bit empty due to lack of funds, but that wasn't much of a problem.

This all occurred in the span of two weeks.

“Hey! When are you coming home?” (DH) Daehyun had called Young Jae simply because Young Jae wasn’t home yet. He was surprised that Young Jae had his own car, but it was rather convenient. He didn’t mind driving Young Jae to and from school whenever something popped up, but he wasn’t one to complain.

“Mm.. I think maybe.. two hours? Himchan wants to hang out today for a little bit.” (YJ)

‘Well.. Alright. Be careful, okay?” (DH)

“Okay!” (YJ) Silence followed, signaling the end of the call. With a small sigh, Daehyun lowered his phone before setting it underneath his pillow. He looked forward, his eyes landing on the show that was currently playing. Sadly, he was a bit lost in his thoughts for the time being to actually pay any attention to it.

In his mind, he was thinking of the food he had placed in the fridge just moments ago. As much as he loved food, he preferred to eat with Young Jae. So, currently, he would have to wait until Young Jae came home to eat.

A slight grumble cut his train of thought, causing him to pout as he to his back. He bent his left knee, leaning his leg against the back of the couch as he rubbed his bare stomach. “Ah... Young Jaee~... Come home soon!” (DH)

Another grumble escaped from his poor tummy, producing a small whine from Daehyun. He never understood how anyone could go the whole day without eating. It was just inhumane and torturous to deprive oneself of the necessary sustenance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Jae let out a light sneeze before fumbling through his pockets and pulling out a single tissue. As he blew his nose, he continued to walk along through the cold weather. Although it wasn’t snowing just yet, it was still harshly freezing. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was wearing layers at the moment, he probably would have died just by the sheer cold alone. Of course, he really hoped he wasn’t coming down with anything. He had missed too many days of class to miss anymore.

Placing his tissue away, Young Jae pulled out his phone before pressing the only button on the front of it. He instantly smiled, his eyes landing on the picture that he had taken with Daehyun on their one week anniversary. Young Jae was glad that he had managed to pass the one week mark. He really hoped that his relationship never had an expiration date, but they would just have to wait and see how things played.

Just as he placed his phone away, he soon heard yelling of some sort ahead of him. Looking up, his eyes widened as he just barely jumped out of the way as a person on a bicycle attempted to come to a complete stop without causing herself to tumble forward.

Letting out a pained groan, Young Jae slowly pushed himself up to a sitting position. This was probably the only time he wished that it was snowing, considering snow was a lot cleaner to land on than mud. Plus, it might have been a bit softer too. “Oh my god! Are you okay?!” (EJ)

Eunji quickly got off of her bike, letting it fall as she rushed over to Young Jae’s side. As she crouched down and closely examined the one she nearly ran over, her eyes widened as she finally recognized who it was. “Oh? Young Jae?! I’m sorry! I wasn’t paying attention!” (EJ)

Young Jae looked up at Eunji, seeing the genuine worried look on her face. With a small smile, Young Jae merely shook his head as he slowly pushed himself up onto his feet. “It’s alright.. I think I’m fine, so don’t worry about it.” (YJ)

Quickly getting up onto her own feet, Eunji examined Young Jae closely once again as her eyes widened in surprise. “Young Jae! You’re covered in mud! Ooh... It’s all my fault!” (EJ)

“No, it-” (YJ)

“Follow me! We have to get you cleaned up! I won’t take no for an answer, so come on!” (EJ)

“B-But...!” (YJ) Apparently Eunji was dead serious about not taking no for an answer. Before Young Jae even had the slightest opportunity to reject Eunji’s demand, he was already being pulled along by her. With her bike in one hand and Young Jae’s wrist in another, Eunji was determined to set things right.

After leaving her bike locked up at the bike rack, the two of them now stood in Eunji’s bathroom. She furrowed her eyebrows as she examined Young Jae once more. She had definitely wanted to clean the male up, but she hadn’t accounted for what Young Jae would wear while his clothes got cleaned up and dried off. She couldn’t have Young Jae lounging in a towel; that was definitely NOT an option.

Would her clothes fit on him? No. That wasn’t possible. Young Jae was much taller and broader than she was. There was simply no way that he would fit in any of he- Oh, wait! She did have some clothes that he could possibly fit in, but.. there was still the matter of underwear. If his underwear had gotten wet or dirty, then that had to be cleaned too.

“Um... I don’t need to get cleaned up, really! I alread-” (YJ)

“No! You are getting cleaned up and that’s final! Now, I will go get you clothes while you get cleaned up. My spare towel is already on the rack, so just use that.” (EJ)

“But-” (YJ) Just like that, Young Jae was left all alone in the bathroom. Biting his bottom lip, Young Jae pulled his phone out before he scrolled through it. Picking that one name he was looking for, Young Jae quickly typed up his message to Himchan, which only explained why he would be late, before sending it. With a small sigh, Young Jae emptied out his pockets before looking down at himself.

Should he really do this? Should he really get cleaned up at a GIRL’S dorm? He felt highly uncomfortable about this situation, but there wasn’t much that he could do about it. Of course... he could always just not do what Eunji told him to do. Yea.. that seemed like the best deci-

“Oh, Young Jae. When you take your clothes off, leave it in the basket by the door.” (EJ) Eunji had peeked in without even thinking about knocking. When the two made eye contact, they stared for a brief moment before Eunji furrowed her eyebrows. HEY! You haven’t even started taking your clothes off?! Do it or I’ll do something bad to you!” (EJ)

And yet again, just like that, he had been left all alone once more.

With a small sigh, Young Jae began stripping. Whether he liked it or not, it seemed like it didn’t matter all that much. he just really hoped that Eunji respected his privacy or else he would have quite the problem with this situation. If he hadn’t even exposed himself to Daehyun, then he definitely didn’t want to be exposed to Eunji.

Once he had his dirty clothes in the basket by the door, Young Jae quickly slipped into the shower, pulled the shower curtains to conceal himself, then started up the water. He regretted standing here as he waited for the water to start up, but he wanted to remain as concealed as possible.

As the water began to warm up, there was a knock at the door. “Um.. come in!” (YJ)

“I’ll leave your change of clothes here, so get cleaned up well! Help yourself to whatever’s there.” (EJ) After a slight moment of silence, the sound of a door closing caused Young Jae to finally relax. Once he was sure that Eunji wouldn’t come in again, Young Jae started up the shower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Himchan sighed as he sent Young Jae the reply to the text message. Young Jae was lucky that he didn’t have any sort of plans later on, or else he would have punished Young Jae. Still.. he hoped Young Jae would get here soon. He needed Young Jae’s opinion, but at the same time.. he wasn’t sure if Young Jae would even consider approving of what he, himself, was still considering.

He still needed an opinion though. That’s why he had asked both Young Jae and Sooyoung to come over for both of their opinions. Asking a single person might be a good solution, but getting opinions from multiple people was a better solution. He wasn’t necessarily sure, though, if he had asked the right people.

So far, the only three people that he knew that knew Yongguk all practically don’t like Yongguk. He understood why they don’t like Yongguk, but as much as he hated to admit it, he was actually starting to like the guy.

Why? Well... Himchan had been getting to know him. Yongguk actually listened to him and despite his excessive amount of flirting, he didn’t try anything else. He had heard that Yongguk had tried to do things to Young Jae, so.. why was it that Yongguk was behaving while around him? Of course, he was still annoyed at Yongguk over what he had attempted.

For now, he would continue keeping an eye on Yongguk. As long as Yongguk behaved, then that’s all that mattered. Of course, he wouldn’t necessarily keep his eyes on Yongguk all the time. He just hoped that he didn’t have to hear anything else that was bad news worthy that involved Yongguk.

Wait. Why did he even care? He had little to no interest with Yongguk just weeks ago and now, his opinion has seemed to change. Heck, he had even wanted to beat Yongguk up for the things that he had done to Young Jae. Was it a good thing that he changed this way? Himchan didn’t know, but he hoped to find the answer soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Jae was a slight shade of red as he stood there in the change of clothes Eunji had provided for him. He didn’t necessarily mind that he was wearing girl clothes. After all, he had somewhat gotten used to it and this was probably the least girliest outfit he has worn yet. The problem was that he was wearing someone else’s clothes.

It felt uncomfortable and the pants were a bit small. Well, it’s not like he could help how small the pants were, but it still sort of... seemed to attempt to show off what he wanted hidden from everyone else except maybe Daehyun. He still hasn’t really decided yet.

Picking up his phone, now cleaned wallet, and keys, Young Jae made his way over to the bathroom door. He paused as he placed his hand on the doorknob.

Should he really step out there? If he could get a pillow or a blanket, then he would feel more comfortable in these clothes. Plus, he didn’t have to worry about anything being shown off to anyone else. Yes, he would have to check his surroundings before going in blindfolded.

Quietly, he slowly turned the doorknob before carefully opening the door. Crouching down low, Young Jae peeked through the crack. His eyes darted here and there, but so far, he didn’t see Eunji in sight. Of course, he did have to worry about Eunji’s roommate. Since he didn’t know who she was, he could be claimed as a ert if it was a complete stranger.

Once he was certain that no one was around, he opened the door a bit more before slowly peeking his head out. He made sure to be careful as he looked around the room. From what he could see for the moment, there didn’t seem to be a sign of anyone. Whether that was a good or a bad thing though, he wasn’t necessarily certain, but he wasn’t going to question it either.

Instantly, his eyes landed on the pillows that laid on the beds. He definitely wanted at least one of those pillows in his grasp. They would act as his only defense against the curious gaze of others. Though, there was just a slight problem.

Which bed was Eunji’s...?

There was simply no way that he could just take any pillow within reach. If he took Eunji’s pillow, then at least he would be somewhat safe from being attacked. However, if he took Eunji’s roommate’s pillow, then there could be a problem.

He had to think carefully about this. Since he didn’t know much about Eunji, he couldn’t assume right off the bad which bed belonged to which person. Young Jae’s eyes scanned the two sides, looking for any sort of thing that labeled either side.

Looking around two, maybe three times, his eyes finally spotted the wording that was on his side, against the wall. Moving a bot more into the room, he quickly scanned the words once more before crawling onto the bed closest to him.

With a small sigh of relief, Young Jae smiled as he grabbed the closest pillow to him before sitting on his bottom and placing the pillow over his lap. He turned, leaning his back against the wall as he looked around in curiosity now.

“Hey! You’re finished! Do the clothes fit?” (EH) Young Jae slowly looked over at Eunji before nodding. Eunji let out a small sigh of relief as she walked over to the bed. Sitting down, she smiled a bit as she crossed one leg over the other. “That’s good. Oh and.. uh.. your clothes should be done in about an hour and a half. Is that alright?” (EJ)

Well... he wasn’t necessarily sure. Himchan had wanted to talk to him about something at this very moment. Judging by Himchan’s voice, it sounded like it was important. However, he also knew that Himchan didn’t have anything else planned for the rest of the day. So, maybe it would be alright for the moment.

He looked up at Eunji before nodding a bit. “I think it’s fine.. I just have to text Himchan first so that he knows.” (YJ)

Eunji gave a brief nod, though Young Jae hadn’t noticed it since he already had his phone out. Quickly typing out what needed to be said, the message was sent before the phone was set down. With a small sigh, Young Jae looked up at Eunji, whom was still staring at him. “W-What is it..?” (YJ)

“You look like someone... I just.. can’t put my finger on who though..” (EJ) Young Jae’s eyes widened slightly as he tried very hard to keep his composure intact. Had Eunji figured out that he was Hana? Actually, Young Jae had nearly forgotten about that day until now. He did wish that moment in time had never happened to begin with, but.. what’s done is done. “Mm... Nope. I have no idea who you look like.” (EJ)

“Um.. it’s not important, right..?” (YJ) Eunji thought for a moment before nodding her head.

“You’re right. It doesn’t matter.” (EJ) Getting up from her seat, Eunji made her way into the bathroom. Just as she closed the door behind her, a muffled ring tone signaled Young Jae that someone was currently trying to reach him. Pulling his phone out, Young Jae smiled a bit as he pressed the green button and put his phone up to his ear.

“Hello?” (YJ)

“Young Jaaee~ Come home soon! I’m dying without you!” (DH) Young Jae chuckled a bit as he brought his legs up, close to his chest. He leaned forward a bit, wrapping a single arm around his legs as he smiled.

“You’re over exaggerating. Oh and.. I don’t think I’ll be home for another three or four hours..” (YJ)

“Four hours?! I have to go without eating for four more hours?!” (DH) Young Jae could hear Daehyun groan before another sound followed. It sounded like the phone landed on a pillow or the bed, but he could still clearly hear Daehyun’s breathing.

“Just... eat without me. I-I already planned to eat with Himchan..” (YJ) He felt bad that Daehyun was still waiting for him to come home before eating. Young Jae appreciated that Daehyun constantly did that, but it only seemed to cause Daehyun some form of pain or torture. So.. it would be best to just give a little lie so that Daehyun can finally satisfy his needs.

“Aw... but I already cooked food for the both of us! You want me to eat it all by myself..?” (DH) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he tried to think. From his time spent with Daehyun, he had figured out that the older male would unintentionally use guilt. Ever time he did, Young Jae would end up going along with it. Could he help it thought? Daehyun had a really cute pout. However, all of those times had been face-to-face.

Now, he had a slightly stronger will to resist Daehyun.

“Y-Yes.. I’m sorry, but please eat without me. I... I don’t want you to go hungry because of me.” (YJ) It was quiet, except for the sound of their breathing. It was a bit awkward, but Young Jae could only assume that Daehyun was thinking of a response. Before anything could be said, though...

“Young Jae! What do you wanna do?” (EJ) Young Jae looked up to see Eunji walked out of the bathroom while stretching. She wasn’t really looking his way as she soon pulled her phone out. “I mean, it’s boring while waiting for your clothes to dry.” (EJ)

“Young Jae.. Who’s that? I thought you said you were with Himchan.” (DH) Young Jae didn’t really think much of it. He had simply forgotten to tell Daehyun the situation that he was currently in.

“Um.. I’m with Eunji righ-” (YJ)

“Eunji? Why are you with her?” (DH) Young Jae rubbed the back of his head as he looked around. He heard Daehyun’s voice go a bit higher than usual. In fact, it almost sounded like he was suspicious or annoyed about something.

“I fell in mud and.. I’m waiting for my clothes, but.. um.. you don’t sound happy. I-Is.. something wrong, Daehyun?” (YJ) There was silence and Young Jae couldn’t help but worry about what it might mean. However, a sigh soon broke the silence, which was soon followed by a more calmer voice.

“No.. nothing’s wrong. Just.. be more careful, okay? I don’t want you getting hurt.” (DH)

“Okay.. Oh and.. Daehyun?” (YJ)

“.. Yeah?” (DH)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts: 

Cliffhanger!
BWAHAHAHAHA
Lol j/k ;;..
It’s not much of a cliffhanger .-. 

On a side note, Himchan is considering Yongguk. *-*
What will Young Jae and Sooyoung say to this?
Will it be negative or positive *-*..?!
Who knows ._.

On a side note, I apologize for taking a while to update.
I’m finally on spring break >3<...
But the week before, I’ve been super busy ._.

Comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone. x3
I also like to see if I am typing these right. x3 ]]