Awakened

Covered Truth

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello?! Is anyone there?!” (YJ) Young Jae cried out as tears streamed down his face. He was running, his breathing was heavy, but no matter where he ran.. he couldn’t see or hear anything. All he could see was the darkness, all he could hear was the sounds of his breathing and his footsteps. It was scaring him all he could do was yell and run forward.

“P-Please! Someone! Help me...” (YJ) Young Jae collapsed as his legs gave out underneath him. Even as he wiped his tear stained cheeks, more tears continued to fall. He balled up into the fetal position, wrapping his arms around his legs as he buried his face into his knees. “P-Please.... s-someone... save me...” (YJ)

How long has he been here? How long has he been crying while holding his legs tightly? It could have been seconds, it could have been hours. Young Jae really couldn’t tell. Suddenly, he heard a voice calling out to him.

Slowly, he opened his eyes. At first, he thought that he was hallucinating, but the second that voice called out to him again, he instantly sat up.

His eyes widened as he looked around. He wasn’t in that dark area anymore. Young Jae looked around as he jumped a bit the second he felt a hand touch his shoulder. Looking to his right, he could see Daehyun smiling at him. “Hey. You’re finally awake.” (DH)

“I-I... I was asleep this entire time?” (YJ)

“Of course. You fell asleep a while ago. I had to wake you up though... Sorry.” (DH) Daehyun rubbed the back of his head as he sheepishly smiled. Young Jae blinked a few times in confusion as he turned red, looking down towards the ground. How long had he been with Daehyun? Wait.. when had they started talking to one another? “Hey..” (DH)

Just as he looked towards Daehyun, he turned a deep shade of red as he felt Daehyun push him back down towards the ground. His eyes widened as Daehyun came within inches to his face, a sly smile coming onto his face. “Your eyes are so beautiful..” (DH)

Woah! Was this really happening?! This couldn’t be happening.. right? His dream was actually coming true?! His eyes widened if they weren’t already wide enough as Daehyun leaned in closer. “Your lips are also.. soft and plump. I can’t wait to have a taste..” (DH)

Inches turned into centimeters as Young Jae felt himself heating up. Before anything could happen though...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Jae’s eyes shot open as he looked around. He was in a white room, that much he knew. However.. he didn’t recognize the room at all. He turned his head to the left, but he didn’t see anything, but when he turned his head to the right... his eyes widened.

There he was, sitting in all his glowing beauty. The sunlight from the window behind made Daehyun shine like a god and it only made Young Jae’s heart flutter as he felt his face heat up. He didn’t really understand though why Daehyun’s eyes were closed, almost as if he was in pain. Though, was this another dream? “Dae.. hyun?” (YJ)

Daehyun’s eyes widened as he sat up. At first, a look of surprise and disbelief was on his face. However, he instantly smiled happily as he brought his chair as close as possible as he quickly took a warm hold of Young Jae’s hand. “Young Jae! I’m so glad that you’re awake..” (DH)

Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he tried to figure out if this was a dream or not. It felt real enough, but then.. so did his previous dream. Maybe, just maybe... this was still a dream. Yea! It made sense. There was no way that Daehyun would be sitting here with him, in a room that he didn’t recognize whatsoever. So.. might as well make the best of it before he woke up, right? “Hey um.. Daehyun? Can you.. lean in closer for me?” (YJ)

Daehyun looked at him with a sort of confused look, but regardless he did as Young Jae asked of him. Once Young Jae was sure that Daehyun was close enough, he took a hold of Daehyun’s collar and pulled him in. Instantly, Daehyun’s eyes widened as he felt his lips pressing up against another set of warm lips.

It was Daehyun’s turn to begin to wonder if this was a dream. Was he really having his first kiss with Young Jae? Wait. He has known Young Jae as the shy guy that would usually avoid drawing attention to him. Now all of a sudden, Young Jae was kissing him?! Well, he wasn’t complaining. He just wanted to make sure that this was really happening.

Both males, whether they realized it or not, felt their chests swell with bliss as time ticked by. As the kiss went on and Daehyun began to feel comfortable with it, Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows a bit as he felt Daehyun deepening the kiss. Wait a minute. This hadn’t felt like any of the dreams he’s had before when he shared a kiss with Daehyun. This felt VERY different. Sadly, this didn‘t last all that long when.. “Okay, I got us a- WOAH!” (SY)

Daehyun quickly pulled away as he turned his back towards Sooyoung while Young Jae pulled the covers over his face. Daehyun wiped his mouth with his sleeve before turning around and clearing his throat. “You got something to eat?” (DH)

Sooyoung raised a single brow before stepping completely inside and closing the door behind her as she mumbled. “I did, but it looks like you already found something to eat..” (SY)

Walking over to the table, Sooyoung set the bags of food down before taking out the burger for her and sitting down. While Daehyun made his way over to the food, Young Jae was silently freaking out underneath the blanket. This was real?! This was really happening?! Did he really just kiss Daehyun without even going on a date with him first?! This wasn’t how he had imagined having his first kiss!

No, this couldn’t be a dream. Young Jae had to wake up soon, very soon! “Oh.. wait! I almost forgot.” (DH)

Young Jae stiffened as he felt someone take a seat on the bed. His heart was beating rapidly as he felt his face heating up. Oh, no no no. This couldn’t be happening. Daehyun was going to beat him up now, wasn’t he?! Young Jae shut his eyes tightly as he felt the blanket slowly being pulled off of him. He hid his face behind his hands, just waiting to be hit or yelled at. However, it didn’t seem like that was the case. “How are you feeling?” (DH)

“H-Huh..?” (YJ) Young Jae spread his fingers as he opened his eyes, peeking from behind his hands. Now that he thought about it, his head was hurting at the moment. Luckily, he was still laying down or else his head would probably be hurting even more. “My.. my head hurts. What happened..?” (YJ)

“Huh? You don’t remember?” (DH) Young Jae innocently shook his head, which only brought the worry back into Daehyun. He leaned forward a bit, pressing his hand softly on Young Jae’s injury. However, this seemed to bring pain to Young Jae as he flinched. He quickly pulled his hand away as he brought his hand down to Young Jae’s cheek, caressing it softly. “Young Jae.. What’s the last thing you remember?” (DH)

“Hm..” (YJ) Young Jae thought for a moment, but the only thing he could remember was packing his things for university. “I.. I was packing for university.” (YJ)

“Do you know the date?” (DH)

“Um... I can’t remember exactly. I’m sure it was August though.” (YJ) Daehyun looked away as he tried to think. Did that mean that Young Jae had no memory of his time at the university? Does that mean that Young Jae also forgot the incident with Yongguk? “Um... can you.. tell me where we are?” (YJ)

“Young Jae! What do you mean you don’t remember?!” (SY) Young Jae’s eyes widened as he saw Sooyoung walking up to him. He cowered a bit as he raised the covers a bit to cover the lower half of his face. “Hey, Young Jae. Do you not remember me?” (SY)

Young Jae blinked a few times, but he swiftly shook his head.. to which he instantly regretted. He closed his eyes as he instantly lifted his hands up to his head in an attempt to soothe the headache he currently had. Well, he assumed it was a headache anyway. Sooyoung sighed as she looked at Daehyun, whom returned her gaze.

Before either one of them could speak to try and figure out the situation, the door opened. The three of them looked up towards the door to see Himchan dragging Yongguk inside. Himchan grinned as he saw his best friend awake before pulling Yongguk and forcing him onto his knees. “This one has something to tell you.” (HC)

Yongguk looked up as he saw Daehyun now glaring at him. He smirked a bit as he looked up at Young Jae, whom was looking at them with confusion. Before Yongguk could say anything, Young Jae quickly intervened. “Um... why would he had anything to say to me?” (YJ)

“Eh? Well he has to apologize to you!” (HC) Young Jae continued to stare in confusion as he slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position. Daehyun helped him up when he heard Young Jae letting out slightly pained sounds before he was able to comfortably sit in his bed.

“Why would he apologize? He didn’t do anything to me.. Did he?” (YJ) Himchan looked over at Daehyun, whom wore a solemn look. His eyes narrowed a bit as he walked over to the other side of Young Jae’s bed before sitting down.

“You don’t remember what he tried to do to you?” (HC)

“U-Um... what did he try to do to me? Is it.. bad?” (YJ) Yongguk got to his feet as Himchan tried to figure out how to make sense of the situation. Making his way to the edge of the bed, Yongguk got onto the bed before sitting comfortably against the edge of it.

“If you don’t remember, then it doesn’t matter. Don’t worry too much about it, alright?” (BY) Daehyun glared at Yongguk, but Yongguk wasn’t looking his way. Young Jae stared innocently before nodding a bit.

“O-Okay.” (YJ) Daehyun would have said something, but he didn’t want to end up confusing or upsetting Young Jae. No. He would have a chat with Yongguk later when he got him by himself. Himchan took a seat as he rubbed at his temples, trying to make sense of the situation. All he had heard was that Yongguk had tried to Young Jae, so.. why was it that Young Jae had no memory of the incident?

“Hey... Young Jae. Do you.. mind if we take a walk together.. alone..?” (DH) Young Jae looked up at Daehyun before turning a bit red. He shook his head a bit as he sheepishly smiled, keeping his gaze downwards.

“I don’t mind at all..!” (YJ) Despite his headache, Young Jae wasn’t going to let this opportunity go. Pulling the covers off of him, Young Jae finally realized the clothing that he was wearing. He was wearing a hospital gown, which would clearly make this room... a hospital room. No, he would worry about that later. Swinging his feet over the side of the bed, with Daehyun’s help, he managed to get onto his feet without falling over.

Once he was stabilized, Daehyun wrapped an arm around Young Jae’s waist as the two began walking. “Hey! I don’t think he should be walking around like that!” (SY)

“It’s fine, Sooyoung. Let them go for now..” (HC) Sooyoung sat back down in her seat as she began eating her burger again. Himchan sighed as he looked over at Yongguk, whom was sitting smugly in his seat. “We have something else to deal with..” (HC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Excuse me. Can I have a wheelchair for him?” (DH)

“Oh, of course. Please wait a moment.”

“Thank you.” (DH) Daehyun slowly turned Young Jae as he brought him over to the nearby waiting area. Setting him down slowly, Daehyun sat down next to Young Jae as he took a hold of the younger male’s hand. “Is there anything you need?” (DH)

Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he turned red, looking down at the hand that was currently hold his. He hadn’t expected at all for Daehyun to be doing something like this, but he wasn’t complaining. “N-No... but... can you tell me what happened..? Why am I here?” (YJ)

Daehyun sighed as he looked down for a moment. He didn’t know whether to explain everything to Young Jae now or to wait until he got better. Giving him too much information might prove to be a problem and might negatively effect his mentality. On the other hand, it wasn’t good to keep information when Young Jae needed it. “Young Jae... you’re in the hospital because of Yongguk. I... I don’t know what he did to you to make you lose your memory, but I know that it was his fault for sure. It seems that.. you have amnesia of some sort because.. you’ve already forgotten a portion of the semester.” (DH)

Young Jae nodded a bit before looking down. Wait. Why was he being so calm about this?! He had amnesia and had forgotten part of a semester already?! All that time studying and preparing would have to be redone! There was no time at all for him to catch up when midterm exams were nearing most likely! Wait a minute. Hold on. Did Daehyun just say that... this was Yongguk’s fault? Was that what Yongguk was apologizing about, yet... he took advantage of it and tried to play it off as nothing?!

Getting to his feet, he would have probably stomped off back to his room to yell at Yongguk, however... standing up so suddenly wasn’t exactly the brightest idea. He out, but he wasn’t entirely sure for how long. When he came to though, he felt a warm body pressing against his as strong, protective arms held him. Slowly turning his head upwards, his face turned red as his eyes came into contact with Daehyun’s. “Be careful... I don’t want to sit worried by your side again.” (DH)

Young Jae didn’t know how to wrap his mind around this. Daehyun was being so protective, always touching him, always holding him. He was even sure that Daehyun had kissed him back earlier when he had first woken up. Sure, he had initiated the kiss, but Daehyun could have pulled away or yelled at him or something along those lines. Did this mean that.. “Daehyun..? Are you...” (YJ)

“Am I what?” (DH) Young Jae looked away, his own embarrassment taking over as he shook his head.

“N-Never mind.. It was just a random thought.” (YJ) Daehyun nodded, but he was still curious what was on Young Jae’s mind. Slowly getting him back to his feet, the nurse he had spoken to just brief moments ago was now walking up to them.

“Here you go, sir.”

“Ah! Thank you.” (DH) Daehyun smiled and slightly bowed his head as he eased Young Jae into the wheelchair. Once Young Jae was comfortably inside of it, Daehyun thanked the nurse once more before he began walking, pushing the wheelchair from behind. “So, where do you want to go? I don’t think you can leave the hospital.. but maybe we can get you something to eat or drink.” (DH)

“Mm... I do feel a bit hungry..” (YJ)

“Alright! To the cafeteria it is!” (DH) Young Jae smiled a little too happily as he looked down in order to hide his smile. Whatever had happened that got him to be this close to Daehyun had to have been something good, right? After all, there was a possibility that Daehyun was actually his boyfriend now! Memories or not, Young Jae was happy with this result.

Stepping onto the elevator once it arrived, Daehyun made sure that Young Jae’s wheelchair was comfortably inside before pressing the button to where the cafeteria would be located. As they waited for the elevator to reach their floor, Young Jae looked up at Daehyun, whom was currently staring happily at the number counting downwards. Young Jae smiled happily as he admired Daehyun’s features. He was so close, so very close to him. This was just like a dream and if it was, then he didn’t want to wake up.

Feeling Young Jae’s stare on him, Daehyun looked down and smiled even brighter when his feeling was right. Young Jae may have turned a shade of red, but he didn’t look away. “What are you thinking of?” (DH)

“That I’m lucky.” (YJ) Daehyun’s curiosity peaked as he leaned in a bit closer.

“Lucky for what?” (DH) Young Jae looked away towards the elevator doors as he fumbled with his clothing. He could feel himself heating up yet again and he just didn’t know how to say what was on his mind. For now, it would probably be alright if he didn’t say anything. It would make him feel too awkward.

“Oh.. Uh.. It’s a secret. I’ll tell you later.” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled as he stood up straight. It seemed like Young Jae was much more open than before. What had changed while Young Jae was unconscious for him to be like this?

As the doors opened, Daehyun wrapped his hands around the handles of the wheelchair before he began walking along with Young Jae. Sure, he was happy that Young Jae was awake now, but.. he did wish that Young Jae had his memories. He needed to know the truth about Young Jae and Hana, but he couldn’t exactly get the truth out of Young Jae now. Maybe Himchan? But Himchan may end up avoiding his question if he directly asked him. So then.. would it be best just to drop the subject altogether? He can’t really do anything while Young Jae had no knowledge of the previous events. With a nod, Daehyun decided just to try and forget about the whole Hana thing. He would have his answers tomorrow, considering he had a date with Hana.

“Daehyun.. Um.. you passed the cafeteria.” (YJ)

“Huh?” (DH) Daehyun stopped walking as he looked behind them. Sure enough, the sign labeling the cafeteria was definitely behind them. Daehyun let out a slight chuckle before turning Young Jae around as they headed into the cafeteria. “Sorry about that. I had something on my mind.” (DH)

“Were you thinking of Yongguk?” (YJ) Young Jae knew that Daehyun and Yongguk were best friends. Young Jae may not be happy with Yongguk’s actions, but he didn’t want Daehyun and Yongguk to be mad at each other.

“Yongguk? Hm.. not really. I was thinking about you.” (DH) Young Jae looked upwards as his gaze was met with Daehyun. Young Jae instantly turned red as he looked back down, smiling sheepishly as he fiddled with his clothing. Daehyun chuckled as he turned the wheelchair to the left to where the food was currently being served.

“Wow! It’s really pretty here and look at all the good looking food.” (YJ) Young Jae heard his tummy growl as he soon placed his hands over it. He patted it a bit as he looked around, his mouth starting to water as he looked at all the choices. “I never knew hospital cafeteria’s were this nice looking.” (YJ)

“Nice looking, but expensive. It IS a hospital after all.” (DH) Young Jae frowned a bit as he leaned back in his seat. Everything looked so good, but he knew that he had to limit the amount of food that he got. Wait, now that he thought about it.. did he even have his wallet? He felt around himself, but he didn’t feel any sort of bumps or pockets that would indicate that he had his wallet. “What are you doing?” (DH)

“I.. I don’t have my wallet.” (YJ)

“Don’t worry about it. I’m paying.” (DH) Young Jae looked up at Daehyun yet again, but since they were right next to the choices, Daehyun was already trying to decide what to get. When he felt Young Jae’s stare on him for the second time, Daehyun looked down before smiling a bit. “Don’t worry. I have the money for it, so just pick.” (DH)

“Mm... Are you sure?” (YJ)

“Yea, I’m sure. Go ahead and pick whatever you want.” (DH) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he slowly looked down at his choices. He felt bad for Daehyun paying for his food, even if Daehyun is his boyfriend. So, he would definitely have to pay Daehyun back later once he got his wallet back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why didn’t you apologize to Young Jae when you had the chance?” (HC) Yongguk held that smug look on his face as he sat back on the bed. He didn’t really feel like dealing with this moody guy and he most likely would have left ages ago if it wasn’t for the fact that Himchan refused to leave him alone. “Well?! Answer my question!” (HC)

“Why should I apologize for something that he doesn’t even remember?” (BY) Himchan grabbed a hold of Yongguk’s collar as he pulled Yongguk upwards. The two glared at one another, but Yongguk still held that smirk of his. “What, you think hitting me will make me apologize? I’ll apologize.. but when I want to, not because you told me to.” (BY)

“Freaking idiot..!” (HC) Himchan pushed Yongguk back onto the bed as he folded his arms and walked over to the window. He wasn’t happy, that much was rather obvious. He knew that he shouldn’t let this get to him, but Young Jae was his best friend and he didn’t want Yongguk to walk around without feeling at least a bit regretful about his actions.

“Yongguk. Why did you hurt Young Jae anyway?” (SY)

“Tch... I don’t feel like explaining myself a second time. Ask Channie over there.” (BY)

“Channie?” (SY)

“Cause he’s slowly becoming my , I gotta give him a nickname, right?” (BY) Yongguk chuckled as he felt Himchan pull him up by his collar yet again. However, before he could let Himchan hit him, Yongguk had pulled Himchan and flipped them around to where Himchan was now laying on his back with Yongguk on top, pinning Himchan down onto the bed. “You wanted this, right?” (BY)

Yongguk flinched as he felt the top of his head being hit by something. What it was, he wasn’t entirely sure. Looking up, his eyes came into contact with Sooyoung’s as he noticed the pillow in her hands. “Idiot! Get off of him!” (SY)

“Jealousy isn’t a good color on you.” (BY) Sooyoung swung the pillow yet again, which gave Himchan the opportunity to escape. Himchan pushed Yongguk off of him as he got up and took a few steps away from the bed before turning to face Yongguk.

“You know, I should report you to the police for assault and ual harassment.” (HC) Yongguk simply shrugged as he pushed himself off of the bed. Placing his hands into his pockets, Yongguk made his way over to the door before pausing. He turned to look at Himchan and Sooyoung as he took a hold of the handle.

“Sorry for my behavior. Guess I don’t know when to behave myself.” (BY) Opening the door, Yongguk stepped out of the room before closing the door behind him. Himchan scoffed as he sat in the closest chair to him. He highly doubted Yongguk meant that apology, especially since Himchan had to practically threaten him by mentioning the authorities. For now, he would keep his eye on Yongguk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So... Young Jae. Why did you kiss me earlier?” (DH) Young Jae nearly choked on his food the second the question came up. He didn’t think that Daehyun would ask about it, so this only seemed to worry Young Jae. Did that mean that.. Daehyun wasn’t his boyfriend? Sure, it was a possibility, but that wouldn’t explain why Daehyun deepened the kiss!

“I.. I thought it was a dream so.. I tried to take advantage of it while I still could. I’m sorry for doing it randomly..” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled before smiling happily.

“It’s alright. You don’t have to apologize, but.. what did you mean by take advantage? Do you like me?” (DH) Young Jae instantly turned red as he looked away. His grip tightened on his sandwich as he tried to figure out what to say. Should he confess? If Daehyun was his boyfriend, then it wouldn’t be a problem.. right? Still.. what if he wasn’t? What if he ended up chasing Daehyun away because he had a crush on Daehyun? However, Daehyun’s light chuckle had interrupted his thoughts. “You don’t have to answer. I was joking.” (DH)

“O-Oh... alright.” (YJ) Young Jae lowered his gaze as the two went back to eating. Young Jae had to somehow summon the courage to confess and yet, he found it too difficult to do so. But hey, at least he was able to spend time with Daehyun, right? At least that was something!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts: 

Yay >3<..
Young Jae is finally awake!
Too bad he doesn’t remember anything...

I also apologize for taking a while to update ;;
School has worn me out (And it’s only the second week of school.. lol)
So I’ve been playing, yes playing, Minecraft to keep me from getting frustrated.
Sadly, typing out fanfic doesn’t exactly keep me frustration free...
Hence why I haven’t been typing it out. ;;
But hey, at least I’ve been working on it while in class... xD

Anyway, comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone >3<...
I also like to see if I am writing these well! ]]