Time for Inspection

Covered Truth

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(EJ) - Eunji speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What made him think that cross-dressing was the best thing to do? This plan of his was a deceitful act towards Daehyun and Young Jae wasn’t the type to do such things, yet... he was going through with it. Young Jae was actually going to wear women’s clothing just to get Daehyun’s attention.

But what happens when he actually gets Daehyun’s attention? Would Young Jae continue this charade of his or.. would he actually come clean? Wait.. what would Daehyun’s reaction be once he found out? Would he be happy? Would he be hurt? There was definitely one thing that was certain though.

Daehyun would be deceived.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So... no skirts?” (YJ)

“None! Why do you keep asking?!” (HC) Young Jae honestly didn’t know. He kept eyeing the skirts, almost as if he WANTED to wear them. That was just crazy though! Young Jae had never even thought of wearing girl’s clothes until today. It didn’t make any sense for him to want to wear skirts this much. Maybe he was tuning in with his inner feminine side? “Are you even listening?! Stop trying to pick out skirts!” (HC)

Young Jae pushed his thoughts away before his eyes focused in on the article of clothing that he was currently holding. At first, it somewhat confused him. As realization kicked in though, Young Jae’s eyes widened as he turned a bit red. Just as Himchan said, Young Jae was definitely holding a skirt. This skirt, however, was a black miniskirt that had a slit on the left side. It seemed very.. interesting. Something about it just called to him though as he soon turned to Himchan with a pleading look. “Please Himchan! Can I at least get this one?” (YJ)

Himchan let out a small sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. Was he serious? Even though he had told him time and time again, Young Jae STILL insisted on getting a skirt?! And it wasn’t just any skirt, of definitely not! It just HAD to be a black miniskirt of all things! What was Young Jae thinking?! Was he EVEN thinking?! Skirts would only end up giving Young Jae away faster than jeans would!

He had to think. If Young Jae really wanted it, then what would pair with a miniskirt enough to not only please Young Jae’s odd desires, but to also make sure that he didn’t get found out all too easily? Pants were clearly out of the question and although shorts would work, something else came to mind. “Fine, BUT, since you’re so insistent on not listening to me, then you have to wear tights or leggings underneath! If you don’t, then I won’t let you wear it!” (HC)

“Okay! I’ll do that!” (YJ) Young Jae happily examined the skirt that he was holding, making sure it was in his size, before draping it over his arm. Looking around, he smiled happily as he soon went back to looking around at the clothes. Himchan followed closely, forcing Young Jae to put back certain clothes that just did not do Young Jae (or anyone) any justice. If fashion really was left only up to girls and gay guys, then Himchan would only be able to pray that Young Jae would have some sort of fashion guardian angel guiding Young Jae to the right decision.

They walked around that store, looking around for maybe twenty more minutes. Once Young Jae felt like he had enough clothes, he turned and was about to walk towards the cash register, when an arm stuck out and stopped him from moving nay further. Young Jae turned to Himchan, blinking a few times before Himchan turned Young Jae around and pointed over to the dressing rooms. “You have to try all of them on first, Young Jae.” (HC)

“But they’re all already in my size..” (YJ) Actually, Young Jae wasn’t entirely sure if these clothes really were in his size. He had just assumed that all of these would fit him. Well, besides that, he just didn’t want to be seen trying on girl’s clothes in public. It was a bit too.. embarrassing for him. Did that make any sense?

“I don’t care! I have to see if they look good on you, or else we would have just wasted both our time and money! Now, MARCH!” (HC)

“Bu-” (YJ) Before Young Jae even had a small chance to argue back or even escape, Himchan had already began pushing Young Jae forward. Nothing that came to mind seemed to be able to help Young Jae out of this situation.

The two moved closer and closer to the dressing rooms. No matter how many times Young Jae tried fleeing or distracting, Himchan only seemed to be able to continue moving forward while pushing Young Jae along. Once they got to the dressing rooms, Himchan opened one of the doors and quickly shoved Young Jae inside before stepping inside. With the door locked, Himchan leaned against the door as he folded his arms and stared at Young Jae, whom was sitting on the bench with the clothes up in an attempt to cover himself. “D-Do you have to be in here too?!” (YJ)

“I have to be the one to judge how it looks on you! I’m not even gay anyway, so don’t worry about me staring at you! And besides, I’ve already seen you so just hurry up and change!” (HC) Young Jae turned red as he slowly got to his feet. Sure, Himchan has seen him before, but that was completely by accident! It’s not like Himchan actually watched him strip or anything like now. Young Jae wasn’t sure about this, but.. it seemed like he had no choice.

“A-At least turn around! Do you have no shame?!” (YJ) Himchan groaned with irritance as he turned around. Raising his arm, he pressed it against the door before covering his eyes using his arm. Once Young Jae felt completely sure that Himchan wasn’t looking, he smiled as he quietly began changing into the first outfit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jeez.. I don’t understand why you’re so shy.” (HC) The pair walked out of the store with their newly bought goods. As it turned out, Young Jae ended up looking rather nice in each of those outfits. All they needed now was either the wig or hair extensions and the fake implants. They didn’t really need make up since Himchan already had that covered. “You know, if you’re going to even catch Daehyun’s attention, you’re going to have to break out of your shell someday!” (HC)

“I don’t want to! I can.. I can get his attention just being me.” (YJ) Okay, so Young Jae wasn’t usually shy and a stuttering fool at nearly every point in time. In fact, he was actually pretty outgoing and loud once he’s comfortable around certain people. So, he would just somehow have to be comfortable around Daehyun the entire time. How he planned to do that, however, was a different story.

“Well, we still have to get you to learn how to walk, talk, and moved like a girl. Pay attention to that one right there. See? How her hips sway nicely and naturally from side to side as she walks?” (HC) Himchan was pointing to a rather voluptuous woman whom wore comfortable clothing that just seemed to really show off her body. If it wasn’t for Young Jae pushing Himchan’s chin upwards, Himchan probably would have started drooling. “A-Are you taking notes?!” (HC)

“I am and I’ve noticed that you’re a ert.” (YJ) Young Jae quietly laughed to himself as he felt Himchan playfully elbow him. As they continued walking though, Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows a bit as he kept his eye on every woman that walked in front of him. He attempted at first to copy their movements, awkwardly moving his hips from side to side. However, because he was overdoing his hip sways,he soon found himself hitting Himchan.

“Hey! What the heck was that for?!” (HC) Young Jae turned to Himchan, whom was staring at him angrily. However, realization struck Himchan as his facial features softened up, laughter threatening to escape his lips. “Were you trying to copy those girl’s movements?!” (HC)

“N-No!” (YJ)

“You were, weren’t you! Look! You’re turning red!” (HC) Young Jae was, indeed, turning a deep shade of red. As Himchan began laughing, Young Jae turned and began walking. He hated being laughed at or made fun of. Sure, what he had just done was indeed embarrassing and laugh worthy, but he still didn’t like it. Himchan, however, chased after his friend. Despite Himchan’s laughter, he was trying his best to apologize. That, was the main difference between his tolerance with Himchan’s laughter and everyone else’s.

Turning the corner, Young Jae came to a complete stop as he quickly hid back behind the wall. Himchan, noticing this, did the same thing as he looked out at the crowd of people. At first, he didn’t really see anything out of the norm. The people here were all complete strangers except for a few people here and there from school. Just as he was about to ask Young Jae what was wrong, his eyes finally landed on a certain group of people walking this way.

First off, there was Yongguk. He had yet another girl wrapped around his arm. The girl was dressed up rather skimpy like, which seemed like Yongguk’s type to begin with. There were a few other males with him as well, but the one that made Young Jae fluster was the laughing brunette; Jung Daehyun. He had his arm around a girl’s shoulders, the first girlfriend he’s had since high school. Well, that’s what Young Jae and Himchan assumed. They didn’t stalk Daehyun during the summer. “Who do you think that is..?” (YJ)

“Not sure, but don’t worry. I’ll find out in a day or two.” (HC) Young Jae nodded as he bit his bottom lip. Young Jae would let Daehyun date her for this week. He still needed to learn how to act like a feminine girl, so the best thing that he could do was try to ignore it. After all, it was only one more week before it was finally his turn.

Once Daehyun and his group had passed by, Young Jae quickly took the chance to began walking. Young Jae and Himchan had walked just a few feet before a certain voice forced them to come to a stop. “Hey! Young Jae! Is that you?” (DH)

Slowly, the duo turned in their spots as their eyes landed on Daehyun. He was... by himself? What happened to the others that he had been with just mere seconds ago? “Ah.. I knew that it was you! And you’re.. Himchan, right? Anyway.. what are you two doing here?” (DH)

“I.. um.. w-we were shopping!” (YJ) Himchan nodded in agreement, trying to let the two talk to one another as much as possible. If it allowed the two to get closer to one another, then it had to be worth the silence. Young Jae, although unaware of Himchan’s plan, was completely thankful and panicking at the same time. This was the first time that he has had an actual conversation with Daehyun since that time in the seventh grade.

“Oh, that’s cool. What are you buying?” (DH) Daehyun’s eyes trailed down to the bag that Young Jae was currently holding. His eyes slightly narrowed as a slight look of sadness made its way onto his face. A mere second had passed before he forced a smile onto his face and looked back up to Young Jae. “Something for your.. girlfriend?” (DH)

“N-No! Nothing like that! I-I don’t have a girlfriend!” (YJ) Himchan noticed Daehyun’s smile become more natural, more.. genuine, and definitely more happy looking. Young Jae turned a bit red by his answer as he lowered his gaze. Daehyun, however, chuckled a bit as he raised his hand and lifted Young Jae’s gaze to meet his.

“Hey. Why are you so nervous? I told you before, you look best with a smile on your face. Come on. Let me see you smile.” (DH) Young Jae instantly heated up from Daehyun’s hold on his chin. Young Jae was smiling like crazy now, eliciting a light laughter of amusement from Daehyun. “Wooow! You look so attractive with your smile!” (DH)

A-Attractive?! Did Daehyun just call him attractive?! Young Jae didn’t know how to take this piece of news. Should he be happy? Of course he should be happy! But... did this mean that Daehyun was hitting on him? Maybe Young Jae did have a chance after all! “A-Ah.. um.. Daehyun..?” (YJ)

Daehyun’s eyes lit up a bit as he removed his hold on Young Jae’s chin. He placed his hands in his pocket as he smiled, his eyes showing just how happy he was. “Yea?” (DH)

“I-... Um.. N-Never mind..” (YJ) Young Jae’s nervousness got the best of him as he looked down. Himchan rose a single brow as he noticed the brief hint of disappointment on Daehyun’s face. Himchan didn’t necessarily know how to take this small piece of information, so he shrugged it off for the time being.

“Well.. Young Jae. You think you want to do something with me sometime? I mean.. just to get to know each other and well.. get better acquainted. I mean, we’ve known each other since middle school and yet.. we haven’t really had the chance to speak to one another til now.” (DH) Young Jae’s eyes widened with hoped as he feverishly nodded his head. Himchan had to look away from the two. If he hadn’t, he would be laughing right now from second hand embarrassment.

“Ah! Great! Then how about thi-” (DH)

“Daehyun! There you are.” (EJ) The girl from earlier skipped up to the group as she landed right next to Daehyun. She smiled happily as she wrapped her arm around Daehyun’s arm, looking up at the two standing in front of them. “Hi! Are you two more of Daehyun’s friends? I’m Eunji!” (EJ)

Eunji held a hand out to Himchan first. Himchan kept a calm smile on his face as he slightly bowed his head and shook Eunji’s hand. On the inside though, Himchan was mentally cursing to himself for not having stood on watch. He probably could have at least distracted the girl from coming up and ruining Young Jae’s chances yet again.

Once their handshake was over, Eunji turned slightly to Young Jae and held her hand out again. Young Jae snapped himself out of his daze as he weakly smiled and shook Eunji’s hand. Eunji stared for a moment before smiling happily and reaching up, ruffling Young Jae’s hair. “You’re really cute! Almost like a girl! I wanna be friends with you.” (EJ)

“Ah.. Eunji..” (DH) Eunji stopped ruffling Young Jae’s hair as she looked at Daehyun. At first, the two only stared at one another, but then realization hit Eunji as her eyes widened and she quickly pulled her hand away.

“Oh no! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to do that. I mean, I have a habit of just doing whatever I want without realizing the consequences an-” (EJ)

“N-No.. It’s fine..” (YJ) Eunji apologized a few more times before Daehyun finally quieted her down. Young Jae’s chest felt heavy from seeing Eunji and Daehyun being so close. He had been so close and now.. it just seemed like he was once again at a distance. No.. just one more week. Just one week of having to endure all of this.

“Anyway, Himchan, Young Jae. It was nice talking to you two. Maybe I’ll see you two around campus then?” (DH) Himchan and Young Jae both nodded. Daehyun smiled as he waved, slowly turning while following Eunji whom pulled him along. As Daehyun stole one last look at Young Jae, he could clearly see the disappointment on Young Jae’s face.

Once Daehyun and Eunji were gone from their view, they turned around and began walking again. Young Jae walked more slowly this time as he looked down at his bag of clothes. “Do you.. think I have a chance?” (YJ)

“I told you to just chase after someone else. What if he does find out that you’re you and not actually a girl? How do you plan to explain that to him?” (HC) Young Jae tightened his hold on his bag as he raised his gaze. It won’t ever come to that! Young Jae was certain that his plan would be fool-proof.

“He won’t find out. I’ll.. I’ll just have to disappear before anything like that happens!” (YJ) Himchan shook his head in disapproval as he sighed. This wasn’t exactly the best plan that Young Jae has come up with. Well, at least it was better than the time they tried to play with their action figures in the bathtub when they were kids. Himchan still missed those action figures..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay. I’ve gotten someone whom will teach you how to be feminine. I don’t know if she’ll do a great job at it.. buuut... I think it’ll be good enough.” (HC) Young Jae looked around their dorm room, but the only people he could see were the two of them.

“Where are they then? I thought you said you got someone.” (YJ)

“I did. She’ll be here soon. She said she’s running a bit late.” (HC) Young Jae slowly nodded as he laid back on his bed. This had to work. Young Jae was sure of it. If he learned hard from this person, then he would definitely be able to capture Daehyun’s heart then. Though.. would he be able to remember what he learned while around Daehyun? He could barely even gather the courage to tell Daehyun that he had something to give him.

“Who did you ask anyway?” (YJ) Himchan quietly chuckled to himself, which caused Young Jae to push himself up and look over at him. Whenever Himchan did anything suspicious, Young Jae knew that it was best to question him. Himchan was always the mischievous one out of the two. “Why are you like this?” (YJ)

“Oh, no reason. No reason.” (HC) Before Young Jae could prod any further, a knock on the door cut off all interaction. Young Jae could feel the nervousness welling up inside of him as Himchan got to his feet and walked over to the door. He unlocked the door and barely opened the door when it flew open, practically pushing Himchan onto his back.

HEY! Don’t take forever opening the door! I’m the one doing the favor, so don’t make me wait!” (SY) Young Jae’s eyes widened. It had been wide when Himchan had been forcefully sent back, but the voice that he heard was also a shocker. His eyes slowly looked up as he watched the girl in black heels close the door behind her.

His eyes trailed up the long legs that were soon covered by a black coat that had been layered on top of a black dress with a skirt that reached about mid-thigh. However, his eyes soon landed on the slightly annoyed and angry look on the girl’s face. “Y-Y-YOU’RE CHOI SOOYOUNG!” (YJ)

Sooyoung rolled her eyes as she walked over to Young Jae and sat down. She narrowed her eyes as she quickly took a hold of Young Jae’s chin, turning it here and there as she inspected the poor, timid male. Once she felt like she had examined the younger male enough, she got to her feet and crossed her arms. “Get up.” (SY)

“W-What..?” (YJ) By now, Himchan had gotten back into his seat and was making sure to stay as far out of the way as possible. Sooyoung had warned Himchan before to stay out of the way or else she would make him do the same exercises and he definitely wasn’t about to let himself do such embarrassing things.

“I said.. GET UP.” (SY) Young Jae instantly sprang to his feet, though he slowly cowered away. Sooyoung sighed as she quickly began adjusting Young Jae’s posture. Back arched, chest puffed out, chin up and legs together. “Hm.. you’re too masculine looking with your body. I don’t know if he can pull off being a girl.” (SY)

Young Jae instantly loosened up as his eyes widened and looked over at Himchan. “S-She knows?!” (YJ)

“She has to know something... right?” (HC) Sooyoung hit Young Jae’s forehead with her palm to regain his attention.

“Hey! Pay attention! Anyway.. You’re lucky you have such a pretty face You could pass as a girl as long as you layer. As for your movements though.. hm.. we’ll have to work on that.” (SY) Young Jae really didn’t know about this. Sooyoung had been the last person he had expected to see again after all of these years. After all..

Sooyoung was Daehyun’s first girlfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts: 

Dun-Dun DUUUNNNN
Okay, not really.
It was kind of obvious this would happen. xD

Buuut yea...
Darn it ;; ~!
Daehyun wanted to hang out with Young Jae and everything ._. 
Ooh well..

I hope everyone is enjoying the fanfic so far!
Comments are loved >3<..
I like to talk with everyone
As well as see if I’m doing well.
I know it feels rushed right now, but I’ll make sure to slow it down to a comfortable pace >.< ]]