Slight Misunderstanding

Covered Truth

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It felt weird, honestly. Being around someone that he knew actually liked him and yet.. he didn’t really have the same feelings as him. Sure, there was a possibility of growing the same possibilities for them, but.. it didn’t seem to be the case. Daehyun was always on his mind and his feelings for Daehyun were far too strong to just drop them out of the blue.

Though, Yongguk was nice too. He seemed sweet, romantic, and he seemed to always attempt to think of what Young Jae seemed to want. In a way, it actually made Young Jae kind of like Yongguk a little. Not as much as Daehyun of course, but he liked him enough.

Of course, Yongguk did tend to be a bit... much.

“Say ahhhh~.” (BY) Young Jae turned red as he tried to figure out what to do. They were in the cafeteria once again and after getting their food and taking their seats at a nice table, Yongguk had taken Young Jae’s food away and was now trying to spoon feed him. “Come on. Be a good boy, or do you want me to spank you?” (BY)

Young Jae hesitated before slowly opening his mouth. Yongguk smirked as he leaned a little closer as he stuck the food into Young Jae’s mouth before pulling away to get more. Young Jae chewed as he looked away, trying to avoid any stares that they may be receiving. This was completely embarrassing and it made Young Jae feel very uncomfortable. Wait. Why didn’t he just say something? “I.. I can feed myself, so.. please give me my food back.” (YJ)

“You don’t like me feeding you?” (BY)

“I feel uncomfortable with it...” (YJ) Best to be straightforward and blunt, right? If he beat around the bush, it might give the impression that he did actually enjoy it. If it had been Daehyun feeding him, then of course he would enjoy it! Being spoiled by Daehyun just happened to be one of his goals. Not a good goal of course, but it was a goal nonetheless. “So, uh.. can I have my food now?” (YJ)

“Hm.. Let me feed you one more time. If you really don’t like it, then I’ll give you your food. A’ight?” (BY) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he tried to think. He really didn’t feel comfortable with Yongguk feeding him, but.. if it was only one more time.. then it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. With a small nod, Yongguk grinned happily as he raised his hand. “Say ahhh~.” (BY)

Looking around just a bit, he reluctantly opened his mouth as he took the food into his mouth. Once the spoon left his person, Young Jae chewed as he kept his gaze downwards. “Can I have my food now..?” (YJ)

“Did you really not like it?” (BY)

“I-I really didn’t..” (YJ)

“Well.. okay then.” (BY) Placing the spoon down into the container, Yongguk passed the container back over to Young Jae. Looking down at his own food, he finally opened his food up before he began eating. “So, Young Jae... what do you look for in a man?” (BY)

Young Jae thought for a moment as he picked up his spoon. What he looked for in a man? Well.. his eyes had only ever been on Daehyun, so Young Jae didn’t really know how to answer that question. But, he did have some sort of idea. “I.. I like guys that are nice with a really bright smile. Their smile... I like it if it can brighten up the whole room when it’s a real smile. I like it when the light in their eyes shine brightly when they’re happy. I also like guys who help me when I’m in trouble..” (YJ)

His head hurt a bit as a sudden blurry vision of a worried Daehyun came into his mind. He didn’t understand what that was about and he probably would have questioned it a bit more, but he simply put those thoughts off to the side for a moment before looking up at Yongguk. “Um.. why do you ask?” (YJ)

“No reason. Was just curious, Ya ‘na mean?” (BY) Young Jae nodded as he got another spoonful of food. Young Jae was rather curious as to why Yongguk was curious, but he wasn’t interested enough to actually ask. Young Jae held his head a bit as he looked at Yongguk. “What’s wrong?” (BY)

“My.. my head hurts. I’m sorry, but.. can I go back to my room? I wanna rest a little.. Maybe my head will feel better after I nap.” (YJ) Yongguk nodded as he closed his container before putting it back into the plastic bag. Once Young Jae had his container closed, Yongguk placed that into the plastic bag as well before making his way behind the wheelchair and pushing it forward.

It didn’t take long before they were finally back at Young Jae’s room. Once inside, Yongguk helped Young Jae into his bed before sitting down in the nearby chair. In all honesty, Young Jae just wanted to be alone, but.. he didn’t want to be rude after Yongguk had been helping him out all day. Laying there with the blanket covering him up to his mouth, he eyed Yongguk every now and then, just waiting for the moment he would finally leave.

Maybe he had been looking over at Yongguk too often or he had been careless, but one last glance and a smirk played on Yongguk’s place. Young Jae had stiffened as he heard Yongguk chuckled. “You like how Iook? Why do you keep looking at me?” (BY)

“I... I’m sorry, but.. can you leave? I feel uncomfortable trying to sleep with you... sitting there.” (YJ)

“Eh? I’m not starin’ ‘atcha if that’s what you mean.” (BY) Young Jae felt bad for asking Yongguk to leave, but he just started to feel uncomfortable around Yongguk for some reason. Still, it seemed like Yongguk was complacent as he got up and let out a small sigh. “A’ight. I get it. I’m leaving. But first..” (BY)

Young Jae felt his heart racing as he heard and saw Yongguk walking over to his bed. Once Yongguk came to a stop, Young Jae looked up as he instantly made eye contact with Yongguk. “W-What is it..?” (YJ)

“I’ll be back soon. I got you something, but I forgot to bring it with me. When is it alright for me to come by?” (BY) Young Jae looked away as he tried to think. He didn’t necessarily know how long his nap would last, so he couldn’t give an exact time. However, it was probably to give some sort of time.

“I.. I don’t know. Um.. maybe in four or five hours..?” (YJ) Yongguk smiled as he nodded.

“A’ight. I’ll be back then. Have a good rest, ‘kay?” (BY) Young Jae nodded as Yongguk’s smile seemed to grow. Yongguk reached down as he patted Young Jae’s head a bit before he began making his way out of the room.

Once Yongguk was gone, Young Jae let out a small sigh as he to his side. He snuggled up to his pillow as he slowly closed his eyes. What should he do? Was Daehyun really not interested in men and.. was Daehyun really dating someone? Maybe it was best to just directly ask Daehyun. Wait. Why hadn’t he done so before?

With a small shrug, Young Jae let out a soft sigh as he slowly began drifting off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daehyun took in a deep breath as he checked himself out in the mirror. He had a white v-neck on with a blue plaid button-up shirt over it. His shirt was ed and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. He had on a black skinny jeans on and he had black sneakers on. It felt like his outfit was acceptable for a date, but he still wasn’t sure.

He was getting ready for a date that technically wouldn’t happen. Hana hasn’t responded to any of his texts, so he was very sure at this point that Young Jae and Hana were the same person. So, what should he do? Go on a date with Young Jae! He already knew that Young Jae was gay and from what he could gather with what little information he had, he could already tell that Young Jae liked him. Daehyun only hoped that Young Jae would agree to going on a date with him.

Turning, he soon found himself staring back at Yongguk whom stood at the doorway. He narrowed his eyelids before walking forward, shoving Yongguk out of the way as he made his way out of the room. Before he could be completely out of range though, Yongguk had taken ahold of Daehyun’s wrist and turned him around. “Where do you think you’re going?” (BY)

“Why does it matter to you?” (DH)

“Because Young Jae is mine.” (BY) Daehyun now turned to look at Yongguk as they glared at one another. Daehyun pulled his wrist out of Yongguk’s hold before balling his hands into fists. He was very tempted to punch Yongguk, but that wouldn’t be of any help in this kind of situation.

“He doesn’t belong to you. We’ll let Young Jae decide who he wants to be.” (DH) Yongguk smirked as he looked away, causing Daehyun to become a bit irked by this. However, he had decided to just let it go. Once he moved out of this dorm room, he wouldn’t have to see Yongguk’s face all that much.

Turning around, he had only taken one or two steps when he heard Yongguk’s voice once more. “He’s already gonna go on a date with me tomorrow.” (BY)

He froze in his tracks as he felt his hands shake a little. That couldn’t be true.. could it? Did Young Jae really already decide on going on a date with Yongguk? Daehyun didn’t want to believe it, but.. no. He shouldn’t let Yongguk get to him. He already knew how Yongguk was and this was just one of his tricks. “Tch... I doubt that.” (DH)

“Oh, really? How much you wanna bet he wants to feel me in him? You have no experience. Why? You’re a ing . I can make him scream my name in pleasure and beg for more.” (BY) Daehyun turned as he swung his right fist around, hitting Yongguk square in his left cheek. Yongguk had staggered back a bit, but he only smirked as he stepped forward and swung his fist upwards and hitting Daehyun directly in his gut.

Daehyun hunched forward, but used one hand to hold onto Yongguk’s fist as he reached up and grabbed a handful of Yongguk’s hair. Pulling downward, Daehyun brought his knee up as fast as possible as he hit Yongguk’s chin, sending the male backwards as he let go. Daehyun breathed heavily as he held his stomach, looking down at Yongguk whom was pushing himself up into a sitting position. “Is that all you got? Tch.. You’re ing weak.” (BY)

“I don’t have time for this..” (DH) Daehyun ce again as he began walking. Yongguk scoffed as he rubbed his chin, bending his right leg at its knee as he brought it up, allowing him to rest his elbow on top of his knee. Whether he was fighting a losing war or not, Yongguk didn’t care. He had to go down fighting after all.

Daehyun rubbed his stomach as he made his way out of the building. He let out an irritated sigh as he looked around. He shouldn’t have let Yongguk get under his skin, but it happened. As long as Young Jae didn’t know about it, then it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

It didn’t take all that long before Daehyun was finally back at the hospital. He hummed softly as he felt the butterflies beginning to flutter around in his stomach. Daehyun had taken a small stop to the supermarket and had bought a heart-shaped box of chocolate and bouquet of flowers in hopes that Young Jae would like it. Sure, it was cliche, but.. it was still romantic. He did wish that he knew what kind of chocolates or flowers Young Jae liked though. Heck, he wished that he knew if Young Jae even liked either one of these things.

He stopped in front of Young Jae’s room, feeling the butterflies raging now instead of fluttering. Why was he nervous all of a sudden? It just seemed like Young Jae was the only person whom was able to do this to him. In a way, he kind of liked it, but he wasn’t entirely sure.

Taking in a deep breath, Daehyun opened the door and pushed it open as he stepped inside.

His eyes instantly landed on Young Jae, but he felt a bit disappointed to see that he was currently sleeping. Still, at least he was getting his sleep. Closing the door behind him, Daehyun made his way over to Young Jae’s bedside as he placed the box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers on the nearby table.

Taking off his shoes, Daehyun slipped himself in the empty space that Young Jae seemed to have left. Had Young Jae gone straight back to sleep after he left? He felt bad for leaving Young Jae here all alone, but he couldn’t help it.

Pulling the blanket over himself, he wrapped his left arm over Young Jae as he snuggled up to the younger male. He smiled a bit as he pressed his forehead against Young Jae’s, placing a leg over Young Jae’s legs as he closed his eyes.

Did Young Jae like his hugs? Was Young Jae okay with him holding him like this? Why was he asking this? Simply because he wanted to hold Young Jae like this for as long as possible. Even if Young Jae didn’t like him, he hoped that he could at least sleep with him like this whenever he can. “Mm...” (YJ)

Daehyun opened his eyes as he saw Young Jae stirring a bit. He quietly chuckled as he closed his eyes again, feeling Young Jae snuggle up to him before coming to an abrupt stop. Opening his eyes again, he could see Young Jae now staring at him with wide eyes. “Hey sleepy head. Did you have a nice nap?” (DH)

“D-Daehyun! When.. when did you get back?” (YJ)

“I just got here. Did I wake you?” (DH) Daehyun pulled his head away, finally noticing just how red Young Jae was. Young Jae shook his head as he lowered his gaze in an attempt to hide his face. He hadn’t expected Daehyun to suddenly show up the way he did, but.. it was definitely something nice to wake up to. “Oh! I got you something.” (DH)

As Daehyun sat up, Young Jae looked up curiously as he tried to see ahead of time of what it was. He slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position as his eyes widened, seeing the things that Daehyun had brought. Daehyun turned to face Young Jae now as he held the box of chocolates and the bouquet of flowers to Young Jae. “I.. didn’t know if you’d like either one of these, so I hope it isn’t too much trouble.” (DH)

“Wow... I really like it! Really!” (YJ) Young Jae got comfortable while sitting before taking hold of the two items. He placed the box on top of his thighs before holding the bouquet in his flowers like he would with a baby. “They’re so pretty.... I really like flowers.” (YJ)

“Do you? Then I’m glad I got them.” (DH) Young Jae was smiling happily as he examined the flowers. Besides the grass or leaves that was in it, there was also white and yellow tulips paired with baby’s breath. Smelling it a bit, he held his smile as he placed the bouquet delicately down onto the table on his side. He quickly turned his attention to the box of chocolate as opened it up a little too eagerly.

“Do you want one?” (YJ)

“If I have one, then... you have to feed it to me.” (DH) Young Jae turned red as he nodded a bit. Since Daehyun had suggested it, then he couldn’t be rude and not do so. Plus, it was best to take advantage of it.

Looking down at the chocolates, Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows as he stuck his tongue out at the corner of his mouth. He didn’t really know which one to feed Daehyun, especially since they were assorted. Well, he assumed they were assorted. He wasn’t entirely sure since he hadn’t really read what the box had come with.

Young Jae’s eyes widened slightly as he watched Daehyun pick out one of the chocolates. He looked down at the chocolate that Daehyun was now holding out before looking up at him. Daehyun grinned a bit as he looked down, his face reddening as he rubbed the back of his head with his free hand. “Since you’re feeding me one, I want to feed you the first one.” (DH)

This seemed like the perfect opportunity to be spoiled. Despite his reddened face, Young Jae opened his mouth slowly as Daehyun stuck the piece of chocolate into his mouth. Without meaning to, Young Jae wrapped his lips around Daehyun’s fingers and on it for a moment before pulling away. It was a habit of his to the melted chocolate off of his own fingers, so it felt like that... at least until he realized that his fingers weren’t exactly wet.

His eyes widened as his gaze met Daehyun’s own, surprised look. Young Jae was trying to gather his thoughts together, trying to figure out how best to explain his actions. Clearing his throat, Young Jae sat up as he waved his hands around and shook his head. “I-It isn’t what it seems like! I-I didn’t mean to on your fingers, I swear! I-” (YJ)

Daehyun’s chuckling cut Young Jae off. Young Jae looked at Daehyun with confusion as he watched Daehyun sit up, putting the box of chocolate off to the side. “It’s alright, don’t worry about it. I really don’t mind.” (DH)

“Oh... are you sure? I mean... I can make it up to you if you want!” (YJ) Anything, anything at all! Whether it be cleaning his room, doing his laundry, being ordered around like a slave, or even kiss! He especially liked the idea of kissing. He definitely enjoyed it the first time..

“Yea, I’m sure. But.. if you really want to make up for it...” (DH) Young Jae could feel the excitement bubbling inside of him, but he made sure to keep his excitement from being shown. Daehyun adjusted himself as scratched the side of his head, the red growing on his face as he tried to gather the courage within him. “Do you.. want to go out with me?” (DH)

Out? Daehyun wanted to go outside? Well.. even though he had just been outside today with Yongguk, Young Jae didn’t mind going outside again if it meant spending time with Daehyun. “Okay! Can we see the flowers? I didn’t get to see all of the flowers in the garden.” (YJ)

“Garden? When did you go before?” (DH)

“I um.. went with Yongguk earlier today.” (YJ) Yongguk? Daehyun narrowed his eyes as he looked down. Was Yongguk really trying to win Young Jae’s heart, even though he was the one that caused Young Jae’s pain? If he truly liked, or even loved Young Jae, then he wouldn’t have tried to do what he did. That wasn’t pain... that was just desire.

“Young Jae...” (DH) Daehyun took a hold of Young Jae’s hands as he held them in his. With one hand underneath Young Jae’s hands and his other over them, he gave them a light squeeze before looking up at Young Jae. “Stay away from Yongguk, alright? I.. I don’t want you getting hurt again. I may have been his friend, but.. I don’t always know what’s on his mind. Will you do this for me?” (DH)

Young Jae nodded, but he wasn’t necessarily sure. He did somewhat want to give Yongguk a chance, but if Daehyun said to stay away, then it was most likely best to stay away.

Daehyun smiled as he got to his feet. Putting his shoes on, he made his way around to the other side of Young Jae’s bed as he pulled the wheelchair up. He leaned forward as he patted the seat of the wheelchair, grinning happily as he looked up. “Come on. Let’s get going.” (DH)

Young Jae nodded as he brought his feet over the edge of the bed. Looking around, he pushed himself off of the bed as he put his shoes on. Once they were comfortably on, Young Jae was about to sit in the wheelchair when he quickly turned back around and closed up the box of chocolates. With the box of chocolates placed safely on the beside table, Young Jae took a seat in the wheelchair before smiling as he looked up at Daehyun. “Okay. I’m in.” (YJ)

“You’re comfortable?” (DH) Young Jae nodded before looking forward once more, sitting back comfortably in his seat as he rested his arms on top of the arm rests. Daehyun smiled as he turned the wheelchair and began walking. “You know.. I’m glad that you decided to go out with me.” (DH)

“I’m glad too. I really like seeing the flowers outside.” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled as they made their way out of the room. Walking down the hallway, Daehyun looked around a bit as he tried to think of what else they could do. Since he wasn’t entirely sure if Young Jae could leave the hospital yet, he was rather certain that there wouldn’t be much to do.

“So.. what did you want to do after going to the garden?” (DH)

“Mm... I don’t know... Oh! But.. I.. I have a question to ask you.” (YJ) They came to a stop once they had reached the area where the elevator was. Letting go of the wheelchair, Daehyun made his way over to the button that called the elevator before pressing it. He turned around and looked over at Young Jae as he folded his arms.

“What do you wanna ask?” (DH) Young Jae turned red as he looked down at the ground, fumbling around with his index fingers and thumbs. Should he just bluntly ask him what was on his mind? It was probably the best idea, but.. he still felt nervous. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae looked up.

“Are you.. dating someone right now?” (YJ) Daehyun raised a single brow as he made his way behind Young Jae once he heard the bell ding. Taking a hold of the wheelchair handles, he pushed the wheelchair onto the elevator that had opened up before pressing the button for the ground floor.

“Aren't I..? I mean... aren't we on a date now?” (DH) Wait... What? Did Daehyun really say what he thought he heard, because it sounded like Daehyun said that they were on a date. WAIT A MINUTE! Earlier, today. In the room. That was Daehyun asking him out on a date?! Really?! This was happening right then and now?! Young Jae could feel his excitement racing as he bit his bottom lip in a failed attempt to hide his gleeful smile.

"Are we really dating now?!" (YJ)

"Yea... remember? I asked you out like.. five minutes ago." (DH) Daehyun chuckled a bit as he leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Young Jae as he rested his chin on Young Jae's shoulder. "Did you think I was talking about something else? Or... do you not want to date me anymore?" (DH)

"N-No! I want to date you for sure! I'm just.. I just now realized!" (YJ) Daehyun stood up as he began laughing. Young Jae turned red, but that didn't lower his levels of excitement whatsoever. The fact that he was now finally on a date with Daehyun... made Young Jae happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts: 

Okay...
I rarely ever do fight scenes...
So the one that I have briefly typed out felt very awkward. xD

On another note..
Yaaay >3<...
After like.... 12 chapters, DaeJae are finally together. xD

Comments are loved. x3
I love talking with everyone >3<..
I also like to see if I am doing well with these chapters!! ]]