Say It Ain't So

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

Jessica woke up with a headache, it was too bright for her in her room and she was too lazy to close the curtains. She picked up a hooded sweater from her closet and one of her sunglasses and wore them.

 

She walked down to the kitchen to get some water because she was feeling dehydrated. She saw her sister was sitting at the table with her head resting on the surface.

 

“you too huh…?” she said grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

 

she looked up to her sister and started to giggle. “seems like you have it worse than me”

 

“yeah, ugh…tiffany gave me too much and I thought I could keep up with her”

 

“you know tiffany can drink, and a lot at that”

 

“I know, but I don’t know why I did that last night?”

 

“why you drank too much?”

 

“yeah, I was just going to have a little but then I didn’t”

 

“I thought that too, but man, that beer pong kicked my …yoona had to drink my cups for me during the second game and into the third game”

 

“really?”

 

“yeah, I think she knew I was going to blackout or something”

 

“she probably knew you were at your limit”

 

“yeah…” she smiled again and looked up to her sister with a now serious look “Jessica…”

 

she took a seat across from her sister and rubbed her temples “hmmm?”

 

“I think I like Yoona”

 

“that’s good krys, that’s good” still rubbing her temples

 

“really? nothing else?”

 

she rested her arms on the table and looked at her little sister seriously. “are you happy around her?”

 

she nodded in response

 

“she seems like a nice kid. What else is there for me to say?”

 

krystal smiled at her sister. “good”

 

“but let me tell you one thing” she showed her index finger to show her point “if she ever hurts you in anyway it being emotionally, physically, or mentally, I will cut her”

 

“you don’t seriously mean that do you?”

 

“maybe not the cutting part but I will hurt her SOOOO much if she hurts you in any way, and I mean ANY WAY”

 

“fine…” she sighed “but if you do anything to hurt her, I will have to hurt you too jess”

 

“spoken like a true jung” she laughed at her sister.

 

There was a short silence after that calming down from laughing.

 

“how about you and taeyeon?”

 

Jessica choked on her water and started coughing until it went away “what you mean?”

 

“I can clearly see there is something going on between you”

 

Jessica sighed “fine…”

 

Krystal scooted in her chair a bit more to hear the details from Jessica about taeyeon. “how long have you two been seeing each other?”

 

“we aren’t anything…”

 

“what?”

 

“we told each other how we feel, but it’s, it’s…” she was getting frustrated with herself “I don’t know..”

 

krystal squinted her eyes because she knew there is something else “there is something you aren’t telling me” she crossed her arms and gave her the infamous cold stare that has been passed down for generations in the jung family.

 

Jessica was playing with her thumbs. “I’m kind of…still seeing…yuri…”

 

“WHAT!? Jess! This might be the stupidest decision you have ever made!”

 

“I know you don’t have to tell me that krys!”

 

“taeyeon is sweeter than yuri, hell! She’s better than yuri, like 1 million times better than yuri!”

 

Jessica started shaking her head, because what her sister was saying was true. “I know krys” her voice started breaking

 

Krystal lowered her tone a bit. “Jessica, taeyeon is better for you, yuri will only hurt you, and I know you probably feel that also.” She walked to her sister side and hugged her “taeyeon is the person that won’t do that at all. Just hanging out with her made me see that she is probably the nicest person I’ve ever met! She even seems nice to the people that she doesn’t like”

 

Jessica is usually the one giving krystal advice and this is starting to feel strange to her. “I know she is nice…”

 

“like how you want the best for me, I want the best for you and I think taeyeon is the person that can give that to you.”

 

“you’ve grown so much krystal…” she looked up to her sister to smile. She hugged tighter. “you’ve grown into a good person and that makes me proud of you”

 

“well I did have someone teach me these things” she patted her sisters back “but she seems like she needs a little talking to sometimes because she can be a real pabo” she smiled and took off her sisters sunglasses

 

Jessica was adjusting her vision of the bright kitchen “thank you krys” she knocked her head playfully.

 

“no problem sis. Now I want you to go with taeyeon and STOP seeing what’s her face”

 

“yuri”

 

“don’t even say that name around me” she showed a disgusted face to show how much she dislikes the girl.

 

Jessica giggled and zipped and threw away the key.

 

The doorbell interrupted their sister moment.

 

“who could that be?” krystal went out the kitchen to the door. She recognized the person “oh hey!”

 

“hey” the girl came with food and coffee “how are you two doing?” she saw the girl’s hair was a little disheveled.

 

“I’m a little” she shook her right hand to say she was a bit iffy “but I think my sister is a lot worse that me” she laughed and invited the girl in. “so where is Yoona?”

 

“she was still sleeping when I left”

 

krystal smiled but felt guilty “I hope she not feeling sick after all the beer she drank for me”

 

taeyeon looked her way “she’s fine, she hasn’t thrown up at all so don’t worry okay?”

 

krystal smiled. “Jessica is in the kitchen, I’m going to go take a shower”

 

“okay, I’ll put your food on the counter” krystal nodded and went to her room. Taeyeon made her way to the kitchen and she saw Jessica looking like she’s in hell. She thinks that most likely she’s hung-over really bad. “how are you doing you little party monster”

 

Jessica turned her head to the familiar voice and covered her face “I went a little over board last night” she was embarrassed that taeyeon is seeing her at her worse.

 

“why you hiding yourself?” she removed her hands

 

“I look ugly” she put her hands back up

 

“no you don’t” she brought jessica’s hands down and held them down “you look beautiful”

 

“I know you’re just saying that”

 

taeyeon let go of her hands “no I’m not” she smirked at the girl and fixed her hair a bit “I don’t lie remember”

 

Jessica smiled and diverted her attention to what taeyeon had placed on the table “what’s that?”

 

“I brought you and your sister some food and coffee so you won’t feel like crap all day”

 

“oh, seems some one has had quite a few hangovers herself” she sipped her coffee

 

“oh yeah, I’ve had a few” she took out the food and placed it in front of the hung-over girl and herself packing away what is meant for krystal and placing it on the kitchen counter.

 

“what was your worst one?” she asked out of curiousness

 

“um…uh…I don’t know if you want to know about that one” she took a drink of her coffee

 

“ex-girlfriend?” she took a wild but obvious guess

 

“mhmm”

 

“how about the second one then?”

 

“hmm…” she thought about it “ah! Yoona, Sunny, and I went to a party at one of sunny’s friends and I don’t remember the rest because I out, but I remember the next morning was brutal” she shook her head remember that horrible feeling.

 

“not even sunny or Yoona knows what happen?”

 

“nope, we all out, but sunny remembered walking back home that night. Yoona lost her wallet and phone and I woke up with a number on my arm and a few written on paper in my pocket” she laughed remembering that morning “we were freaking out for awhile not knowing what happened until sunny’s friend came over to give Yoona back her wallet and phone. she told us that sunny was just being sunny but with more aegyo and me and Yoona were just very flirty”

 

Jessica slapped taeyeon’s arm even though it was a funny story she didn’t like to imagine taeyeon flirting with other girls.

 

Taeyeon just chuckled at the girl waving her off about what happened back then “that was in high school”

 

“so you were a player back then heh?”

 

“yeah, but just for a bit though” she showed her with her index finger and thumb “I had issues back then because of her but I’ve calmed down since then”

 

Jessica just nodded I wonder what made her change, or who made her? “what made you do that?” she was very curious

 

“just realizing I needed to do some growing up.” She gave a faint smile

 

Jessica could sense there was something else behind it, but decided not to probe any further.

 

“but I’m not like that no more so you don’t have to worry” she looked at the blonde smiling.

 

Jessica smiled from ear to ear.

 

Taeyeon smile at Jessica looking cute, she glanced at the time and saw it was almost 1. “hey, I have to go. I need to run some errands for my graduation stuff” she rolled her eyes showing that she has no interest in doing these things.

 

Jessica giggled at taeyeon “I’ll walk you out”

 

“no, don’t. just enjoy your meal and tell that to krystal also” she started cleaning her area

 

“are you sure?”

 

“yeah, you need some rest to get rid of that hangover” she messed the blondes hair playfully and chuckled “I’ll see you Friday for my graduation” she bid the girl goodbye and went off to do her things.

 

Jessica sat there smiling at how things between them are starting to blossom into something a lot more than what she and yuri have. “I know what I must do now” she smiled to herself eating and drinking the food and coffee that taeyeon brought for her.

 

“did taeyeon leave?” her sister broke her moment of clarity

 

“yeah, she had to do errands today”

 

“oh, you seem better than earlier”

 

Jessica nodded “the food and coffee she brought really helped”

 

“that shower really help!” she started to eat what taeyeon brought for her “I felt gross and stunk like alcohol”

 

“do I?” Jessica started to sniff herself

 

krystal went close to smell her sister “kind of”

 

“ugh…well I’m going to get in the shower too” Jessica got up from her chair “you can have the rest of my food” she walked to her room

 

“okay” krystal grabbed it and devoured it in seconds

 

----

 

Graduation day

 

“Kim Taeyeon” they announced her name. The group of people that were in the stands for taeyeon cheered, also some girls somewhere else among the crowd of people.

 

Taeyeon walked up to get her college degree for culinary arts and looked up to the people she cared for the most cheering for her success. She smiled and waved before grabbing her degree and going back to her seat.

 

“I can’t believe she’s done it, these years have gone by so quick” sunny stated being proud of her best friend

 

“I know! Taeyeon has done it” Yoona also said happy for her friend success.

 

“I’m very happy for her” Jessica stated while her sister nodded at what she said

 

“she looks cute in the gown” tiffany blurted out

 

Jessica wasn’t particularity happy with how her best friend looked and how she said it. “yeah, that too” but she brushed it off, thinking of it as nothing.

 

----

 

after the graduation they all decided to meet at taeyeon’s house for the after party. Many people came to congratulate taeyeon while some others just came for the party.

 

“taeyeon!” Jessica came running up to taeyeon for a hug “congratulations” she broke away and smiled at the graduate

 

“thank you” taeyeon held onto Jessica waist and smiled showing her dimples, but guess who

 

“Taetae!”

 

taeyeon stopped and Jessica broke the hug with taeyeon

 

“hey tiffany”

 

tiffany went for a hug and kissed taeyeon’s cheek “congratulations on graduating college”

Jessica was jealous and walked off into the house not knowing how to control herself around her best friend after doing that with the girl she likes.

 

Taeyeon watched her walk off. “uh thanks tiffany” she pushed her off.

 

“can I talk to you alone?”

 

taeyeon knew what was coming “I still have to gree-”

 

“it won’t take that long taetae”

 

“uh fine, say what you have to say”

 

“can we do it inside?”

 

“okay…”

 

tiffany led to a place inside the kitchen since no one was in there. “okay, look taeyeon” she took a deep breath “I like you and I was wondering if you will go out with me?”

 

tiffany waited for an answer. Taeyeon wasn’t saying anything; she didn’t want to hurt her feelings. “tiffany I-“ her sentence was cut off by tiffany kissing her.

 

In shock, taeyeon didn’t pull away. She stood there like a stone statue until tiffany broke away.

 

A certain blonde saw what was happening in the kitchen after calming herself down in the bathroom. She couldn’t believe the sight after taeyeon told her she doesn’t have to worry because she wasn’t like that anymore. She ran out of the house, tears slowly running down her face. She going to the only person she knows will at least help things feel a bit better.

 

she dialed the number, the phone kept ringing until someone answered “hello?”

 

“are you at home?”

 

“yeah, are you going to come over?”

 

“yeah”

 

“are you okay? You sound like you’re crying?”

 

she cleared “just a really bad day, I’ll be over in like 20 minutes”

 

“okay, I’ll see you then”

 

she hung up, even more tears were overflowing. She got into her car and started it and forgot that she came here with her sister. “!” she brought out her phone again and messaged her sister

 

[can someone else take you home, I have to go do something real quick?]

 

[I can ask for a ride from Yoona. What do you have to do?]

 

Jessica didn’t bother to tell krystal the details and decided not to reply and just go to yuri’s.

 

----

 

“I’m glad you were going to say yes” she smiled at the latter

 

“you didn’t let me say anything”

 

tiffany laughed at herself “well you let me kiss you, that tells me something”

 

“tiffany look…” she looked down “I don’t like you like that” she looked into the eye smiles that were slowly fading away “I’m sorry if I gave off that type of signal to you”

 

tiffany didn’t say anything

 

“I’m sorry”

 

tiffany looked up at taeyeon, tears were starting to form. “I feel stupid”

 

“don’t say that” she wanted to comfort the sad girl but thought physical contact isn’t proper for the situation right now. “tiffany, there is no doubt that your are one of the nicest people I’ve met. You are a very amazing person and I would like to have that kind of person in my life.”

 

tiffany wiped her tears “you want me as a friend not a lover”

 

“I like you as a friend tiffany and I enjoy hanging out with yo-”

 

tiffany held out her hand for taeyeon to stop what she was saying “look, I’m going to go. I need to be alone after this embarrassing moment for me”

 

“tiffany…” taeyeon said as tiffany was walking out the door.

 

Tiffany stopped before she walked out of the house completely “congratulations on graduating again taeyeon” she smiled and walked to her car and drove off.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t happy with what she had to do, but now that she has done it she can now ask Jessica out for a proper date with no interrupting third parties from the outside of the two of them. She decided to look for Jessica since the girl ran off earlier.

 

She looked all around outside and inside, but found no sight of the blonde. She went to find her sister to ask if she has seen her “krystal”

 

The younger turn around hearing her name. “huh?”

 

“have you seen your sister?”

 

“she went somewhere, she told me to find a ride with someone”

 

“she left?”

 

“yeah, it’s kind of weird her up and leaving like that”

 

taeyeon nodded. Where did she go?

 

----

 

Jessica knocked on yuri’s door and waited until she opened it.

 

“hey beautiful” yuri greeted and hugged her

 

Jessica hugged her tightly and broke away. “look what I brought” she held up a brown paper bag

 

“mmm” yuri grabbed the bag and opened it. It was a bottle of jack daniels which was already open and a quarter of it was gone “one of my favorites, but it looks like you already had some”

 

“well lets get you caught up then” Jessica smiled and kissed her aggressively.

 

yuri was getting excited and at Jessica taking charge. “mmm” yuri wiggled her eye brows at Jessica after they broke from the kiss.

 

Jessica smiled and pushed yuri back into her house and locked the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello peeps! is this update good? i gave a little insight on how taeyeon delt with her first serious girlfriend cheating on her, and tiffany omg girl, you stopping the ol' glorious unicorn of pairings TAENGSIC! haha. well enjoy the update and have a splendid week

thank you to the new readers, subcribers, and also for the comments! :D