At Last

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

“Hello?” tiffany answered her phone.

 

“Hey Tiffany, it’s Hara’s manager.”

 

“Manager oppa. What can I do for you today?”

 

“I need you to get some papers from my office and take them to Hara’s for her to sign. It’s for her next photo-shoots.”

 

“Yeah, I’ll come and pick them up now.” She hung up her phone and took off to get those papers. After getting the papers, she headed from the office to Hara’s house. It has been awhile since she’s seen her because the girl is not working right now. Much less, she hasn’t talked to Jessica either. Still thinking that she was mad at her for leaving with Hara that one night the incident happened at Jessica’s house.

 

She pulled into the apartment complex and went to her door to knock. She waited and was expecting to see Hara opening the door. She was surprised at this adorable girl smiling to her as if she never frowned. “Uh hi, um…is Hara here? I have some papers for her to sign.” She raised the papers up to show her she was there for that purpose only.

 

“Oh, well she’s in her room right now.” She smiled.

 

“Well she needs to sign these for her next photo-shoots and I’ll be out of her hair.” She gave Nicole her eye smile.

 

“Oh, hm. I suppose you already know where her room is?” she opened the door fully letting her inside.

 

“Yeah, I know where it is.”

 

“Okay.” She smiled and went back onto the couch.

 

While Tiffany walked she could hear Hara’s voice, but it was really faint. For some reason her body movement automatically turned into stealth mode. As she inched closer and closer to her room, her voice got clearer.

 

“So where are they at now?” she saw her pacing back and forth biting her nail. “What? Why are you telling me that?” annoyance was etched onto her face. “Ugh, I hate that stupid blonde girl. She won’t have her for long. I won’t let her get away from me again. We were meant to be and we will once she’s out of the picture.”

 

Tiffany gut instinct didn’t sit well with what Hara was telling the other person on the other line.

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just keep following them and don’t tell me about all that lovey dovey that they’re doing, I just need the info on Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon? Is she trying to sabotage their relationship? She’s trying to ruin my best friend’s love life? Tiffany furrowed her brows. One thing she would never let go is when some one who messes with her best friend.

 

“Thursday? No, I can’t, but I can on Friday though. I don’t have anything planned that day”

 

So they will meet on Friday? I should text Jessica, but wait, what if she refuses? She bit the bottom of her lip. She’s my best friend. She shook those thoughts. She know that she should tell her best friend because she wouldn’t have the privilege of being called her best friend if she doesn’t tell her what this horrible girl is trying to do to their relationship.

 

[Tiffany: can we meet up tonight? I have to tell you something really important right now even though we aren’t on very good terms right at this moment.]

 

She put her phone back into her pocket and finally making herself noticeable to Hara thinking she didn’t hear the girl at all. “Hara? Are you decent?” she knocked on the door waiting for her answer.

 

“I’ll meet you tomorrow.” She said in a whisper to Seungri who was on the other line and hung up. “Yes, come in.”

 

Tiffany put on her best poker face making sure she is not acting different before she knew what Hara was up to. She skipped happily to Hara handing her the papers for her to sign. “These are your next contracts with the japanese agencies for your next photo shoots. Manager oppa said for you to sign these so they can be sent as soon as possible.”

 

Hara didn’t doubt her at all and went to her desk to find a pen to sing off on all the contracts. “So, how have you been?” she said while signing the contracts.

 

“Been good, but I think I just need to focus on school for awhile.”

 

Hara chuckled. “You don’t need to go to school since I’ve already got you half way in the industry.”

 

Tiffany hated the girl’s confidence. Sure, you introduced me into the industry. I was a newbie at everything before you asked me to go to japan with you. She took a deep breath to compose herself. “Yeah, that’s true, but I would like to make my own way.”

 

“Why would you need that when all you need is me?”

 

“It’s better that I earn the respect that I need in this industry on my work effort rather than having a connection.”

 

“Connections are the only thing that get you to where you want to be though.” She stopped signing the last contract to look at Tiffany. “That’s how I got my way into it.”

 

The other girl didn’t want to assume to think how Hara made her way into this industry. She put on her biggest smile. “It’s just me though, I like to know I made my way to the top by my own efforts.”

 

Hara chuckled and signed the last contract. “Whatever you say, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany couldn’t help but wonder who answered the door. “Who is the person who is in your living room right now?”

 

“She’s just a long time friend. She’s is staying with me for awhile until she get on her feet again.” She straightened out the entire contract on the table making the pages even in length and width.

 

“Oh…” tiffany looked in the direction of the living room while Hara handed her the papers.

 

“Well, I hope to see you soon on my next shoot.” She smiled.

 

“Yeah.” Tiffany gave her infamous eye smile faking it the whole time. But I’ll see you when you meet up with whoever is looking closely to Tae Tae. “Well, I’ll take these back to your manager.” She bid farewell to the girl that is trying to deliberately trying to mess up her best friend’s relationship. She walked into the living room to give a good farewell to the person who opened the door for her. “Hara’s friend?” she called out because she didn’t know her name.

 

“Yeah?” she removed her vision from the television to the person who was asking for her.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself earlier, I’m Tiffany.” She bowed and met her at her eye level. “I help her manager with some things.”

 

Nicole rose up from the couch and bowed in response to tiffany. “I’m Nicole and I’m one of Hara’s good friends.”

 

Tiffany gave her a genuine eye smile because she could sense that this girl has a very good heart. “We’ll it was nice to meet you and thank for letting me in earlier.”

 

Nicole chuckled “don’t mention it, it’s not my place anyways.”

 

They both chuckled until it got a bit awkward.

 

“Well, again, it was nice meeting you Nicole-shi. Goodbye” tiffany let herself out of the girl’s place and looked at her phone. She was surprised that Jessica even responded.

 

[Jessica: where do you want to meet?]

 

She quickly replied.

 

[Tiffany: do you want to meet at that café near your place in like 15 minutes?]

 

Tiffany got into her car and started it waiting for her reply.

 

[Jessica: yeah, see you there.]

 

Tiffany drove off to the café where they are supposed to meet. For some reason as she was getting closer to the destination, she was getting nervous. Nervous because she didn’t know how to say it without sugar coating the answer she doesn’t want to want to say. “You just got to come out and say it to her. She likes it when people are blunt, you know this about your friend Tiffany”

 

She parked outside and got herself mentally prepared before going inside. She looked into the establishment windows and can see that Jessica is sitting by herself waiting. Hm? She’s early? Finally prepared, she went inside and immediately went over and sat across Jessica.

 

“Hey…”

 

Jessica just gave her a glance and smiled. “Hey, what did you want to talk to me about.”

 

Tiffany is shocked. She doesn’t seem mad at all? “Well first off, I would like to say I’m sorry for leaving with Hara that one night when it got crazy at your place. I know I shouldn’t have left with her. I-“

 

“Tiff, it’s okay.” She put her hand up for her to stop talking. “I don’t blame you, she was giving you opportunities in the industry that you want to go into. So, don’t be sorry and it’s okay.”

 

“Really? I thought you would have hated me because of it.”

 

The blonde girl took a sip of her coffee. “No, I’m mad about you not talking to me before today.” She put her cup down. “I needed to tell my friend about things and I couldn’t do that with you avoiding me, even at school.”

 

Tiffany lowered her head for being so stupid that her best friend would hate her. “Sorry…”

 

“Don’t be, we can catch up later” Jessica gave her, her biggest smile. “Now, what is the second thing you wanted to tell me?”

 

She slowly raised her head up not sure of how to say this. “Has it been weird when you and Taeyeon go out to places?”

 

Jessica straightens herself out on the chair because she knows Taeyeon always feels a weird presence when they go out. “Now that you mentioned it, Taeyeon has been uncomfortable when we go out because she thinks someone was following her.” The girl looked into her coffee. “When she took me to the resort not too long ago, she said she felt a presence that was following her and what was even weirder, Hara was there too.”

 

The eye-smiling girl cleared before speaking. “Were you and Taeyeon hanging out earlier today?”

 

“Yeah, I took her to eat before she had to go to work. Why?”

 

“Did she feel that same presence when she was out?”

 

Jessica thought about it. “She doesn’t tell me these things, but I could tell she didn’t really like being there.”

 

“Well the presence she felt was sent by Hara to follow you.”

 

Jessica chuckled. “You telling me Hara sent a ghost to follow me and Taeyeon?”

 

Tiffany started to giggle, as it was contagious from her best friend. “No…” she lowered her chuckling. “She sent some one to I guess stalk Taeyeon and tell her where she is and such to Hara.”

 

“Yeah, right tiff.” She took another sip.

 

Tiffany was getting kind of frustrated. “Look” she huffed. “I went to Hara’s earlier today to have her sign some contracts. When I got closer to her room, she was talking to someone and she mentioned a stupid blonde and Taeyeon being all lovey dovey.” Tiffany inhaled. “Basically, she is trying to take Taeyeon away from you because she thinks that they’re meant to be and not you two.”

 

The girl’s jaw just dropped and eyes are glazed over.

 

“But she is meeting with whoever is having you being followed on Friday. I don’t know where though.” She looked at her friend seeing this process through her mind so she would know what she wanted to do. “I think you should tell Taeyeon about this also.”

 

Jessica shook her head. “No, I don’t need her to be involved.”

 

Tiffany remembers the face that her best friend is making very well. It was the death look and that look doesn’t come out very often.

 

“I need to confront her and tell her that Taeyeon is mine.”

 

Tiffany gasped. “Are you going to fight her?”

 

“No, just talk and hopefully get it through that delusional brain of hers.” She played with the handle of her mug. “Fighting won’t resolve anything, but if she tries to fight me I won’t hold back.”

 

“So what do you want to do then?” she inched forward in her seat giving her friend her full attention.

 

“What?” she looked at her. “You want to go with me?”

 

“Yeah, you said we could catch up on everything and we can stalk Hara like she did to you two.” A sly smile formed on her face. “Plus, I know where she lives so we can follow her to wherever she’s meeting up with that person on Friday.”

 

Jessica formed a smile on her face also. “You really up for this even though it has nothing to do with you?”

 

Tiffany shook her head amazed that her best friend doesn’t get it yet. “It has to do with me too. She’s trying to ruin my best friend’s relationship and people should know they shouldn’t mess with my best friend.” She balled her fist and pretended to throw some punches.

 

Jessica just laughed and gave her a high five. “All right then, you’re driving.”

 

----

 

“BAAAAAAAABE!” Taeyeon scream throughout the house because she woke up with an empty spot next to her, which was weird in the early morning. “BAAABE!” she finally found herself in the kitchen and started to pout. “Where did she go?” she turned around and went back into her room so she could call her and ask her where she went.

 

All of her calls went to voicemail indicating that Jessica didn’t have her phone on. The girl just plopped herself back into her bed and curled up into her comforter. “My day off and she’s gone…”

 

Two girls waiting in a car outside of Hara’s apartment

 

“So how have you been lately?”

 

“Been good, just school and Taeyeon mostly.”

 

Tiffany just scoffed and let out a chuckle. “That’s boring…”

 

“What?” she looked at her. “That’s all I’ve had time to do.”

 

“Well tell me things that happened before school started again? Those I bet are far more interesting.”

 

Jessica plastered on a shy smile and blushed. “For a weekend she took me out and it was very romantic…” she pursed her lips trying to hide the huge smile that was starting to form. “That weekend she asked me to officially be her girlfriend.”

 

Tiffany brought her hands up to due to excitement. “What did she do for you that lead up to that?”

 

Jessica looked at her lap still smiling thinking of all the amazing things that her girlfriend did for her that weekend. “She took me for a couple’s massage and we had a very romantic dinner surrounded by tiki torches at night after and that’s when she asked me.”

 

“How did she say it? Did she give a big speech?”

 

“Yeah, she was very nervous. It was like a confession from her heart and it made cry tears of joy.” Jessica covered her rosey cheeks just replaying that moment in her mind. “No one, and I mean no one has ever told me their feelings about me like that.”

 

Tiffany rested her head on her seat and looked up into the ceiling of her car and let out a sigh. “Ah…I’m happy for you Jessica.” A thought came up into her mind. “Were you guys together when I made my move on Taeyeon?”

 

Jessica shook her head no. “we weren’t, but I did something stupid because of that day though…”

 

“What did you do?”

 

This was the first time in awhile since she’s mentioned that one girl’s name. “I saw you and Taeyeon kissing and when I saw that I went back to Yuri…” she scoffed at herself. “That was a really huge mistake.”

 

Feeling regret, Tiffany decided to apologize. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

 

A little tear almost escaped from her eye but she wiped it away before it could. “It’s okay Tiff, it’s water under the bridge” she smiled and continued. “And after I did that, I realized that I made the wrong choice and lost Taeyeon for a bit. I hurt her too much in those weeks and then something really bad happened.” She inhaled; telling this to her best friend was a difficult task because no one else knows other than Taeyeon and her sister. “Well I finally went to go break it off officially with Yuri and she threw me to a wall”

 

Tiffany gasped making Jessica stop for a brief moment. “If you don’t want to talk about this, you don’t have too”

 

“No, I’m fine with it because I’ve already healed from the mental scars from it.”

 

“You sure?”

 

Jessica smiled and continued. “When that happened the first person I called was Taeyeon and she came and got me, she took care of Yuri and took me back home. Other stuff happened when I was asleep and poor Taeyeon...”

 

“What happened to Taeyeon?”

 

“I guess after I told her about how I hooked up with Yuri she went out got really drunk and hooked up with a girl. I guess her and that girl were seeing each other for awhile and that crazy girl followed her that night and hit Taeyeon a lot.”

 

“Oh my god.” Was all she could say.

 

“She broke it off with her that nigh-“ a glimpse of a certain girl caught Jessica’s eye. “She’s finally leaving.”

 

Tiffany looked to where the girl was and waited for her to drive off so they could follow her. The drive while following Hara was a very quiet one because both of them were focused. There drive lead them to a local coffee shop.

 

“What should we do now?” tiffany looked to Jessica and can see that she has these flaming eyes of anger just looking at Hara.

 

“Well they have a lot of windows and she’s still by herself, so when the person sits down, that’s when I’ll go in and confront her.”

 

“You want me to go in there with you?”

 

“If you want.” Her eyes never left Hara sight.

 

Tiffany can see that Jessica is really focused and didn’t bother to say anything else.

 

They waited for another ten minutes in silence before a person sat down across Hara. Jessica didn’t hesitate to leave the car quickly right when the guy sat down. Tiffany followed her fast pace friend into the coffee shop trying to catch up to her.

 

Jessica found Hara sitting and laughing with the guy and when she finally got near them she pulled up a chair and sat at their two-person table. “Hey”

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello readers! my creative rut is gone! :D i know most of you wanted version 2 of this story and a few wanted version 1. i was thinking about doing another story with verison 1 but that would put too much on my plate so i'll stick with version 2 because i can invision a clear path for this one. thank you guys for your input and helping get back on my feet with this fic! i hope you enjoyed this chapter and more will come in time if you're patient! :) thank you again to everyone!