Simple As...

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

“Hey guys, I’m heading out” Taeyeon said as she was walking to the door dressed to the nines.

 

“What time are you going to be back?” Sunny asked with a very curious look

 

Taeyeon thought to herself for a bit “maybe around 9 or 10?” she rubbed the nape of her neck “but I’m not sure though. Why are you asking?”

 

“Oh, I was just asking” she walked away from Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon was finding Sunny’s behavior kind of odd. “Okay…” she turned to Yoona. “Well see you later”

 

Both Sunny and Yoona looked out the window as Taeyeon drove out of the driveway.

 

“She’s finally gone. Let’s get this place ready for tonight!” the smaller girl started to head to where she hid all the stuff for Taeyeon’s surprise birthday party.

 

“I just told Krystal that she just left. She’ll be here along with Jessica in awhile to help us out”

 

“Okay, we only got a few hours to set up” Sunny said very excitedly.

 

----

 

“So how did you get us a reservation here?” Taeyeon curiously asked the cute girl after they sat down at their table

 

“My friend’s dad is the head chef here”

 

“He is?” Taeyeon sat there amazed.

 

“Yeah, I asked her for a favor because it seemed like you would really enjoy this place”

 

“Thank you for bringing me here.” She looked at her surroundings. She never would believe she would have ever ate here in her life “I’ve always wanted to eat here but I never could get a reservation”

 

Minah looked at her looking like a kid in a candy store, she found it cute. “You’re welcome. It’s the least I could do for you cooking for me last night”

 

“That dish doesn’t deserve this kind of repayment…” she saw the menu beside her and was about to grab it.

 

“Don’t worry about looking at the menu, I’ve asked the chef for his best dishes tonight”

 

Taeyeon was speechless; this girl is blowing her mind in all sorts of different directions.

 

During their courses of a variety of different dishes they talked and get to know each other, both enjoying every minute of it. After their last dish the chef came out to see how they enjoyed his courses that he had prepared.

 

“Evening ladies, did you enjoy the courses I prepared?”

 

“Oh, yes we did. She did especially.” She pointed to Taeyeon. “She actually just graduated with a culinary arts degree not too long ago”

 

“You did, did you?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “Yes, I did chef” she responded to him respectfully because he is a head chef and she is considered “baby” chef.

 

“Have you gotten any jobs yet?”

 

“I’ve applied for some, but I haven’t gotten any responses…”

 

“Well what type of culinary did you go to school for?”

 

“I went for both culinary and baking, but I like baking just a tad bit more”

 

“Well I got some exciting news” he paused “we are actually hiring pastry chefs, you should apply here”

 

“Really chef?”

 

“Yeah, come in a few days and we’ll see what you got”

 

Taeyeon got up and bowed several times “thank you chef”

 

“No problem…uh?” he forgot to ask her name

 

“Taeyeon, chef”

 

“Well, I’ll see you in a couple of days Taeyeon. Come before 12 so we can see if you’re a good pastry chef” he smiled then looked at Minah. “And I’ll see you next time you come over Minah”

 

“Okay Mr. Kim.” She smiled at him “tell Yura I said hi and thank you again for letting us eat here”

 

“I will. Enjoy the rest of your night ladies” he went back into the kitchen

 

“Thank you again chef” she said before he left. She took a deep breath as she sat down. “Oh my god, I can’t believe I just got asked to apply here by the head chef personally”

 

Minah is enjoying Taeyeon being like this, she is glad she brought her here.

 

“Thank you Minah, thank you for bring me here” she smiled joyfully at the girl.

 

“It was my pleasure Taeyeon” she gave her a smile back.

 

The waiter brought the check; Minah took a look at it and brought out her purse. Taeyeon grabbed the check that she had placed down to see how much it cost. Her eyes widen at the price.

 

“Let me help you with paying”

 

“No, it’s fine. It’s on me remember?”

 

“I just can’t let you pay for it all, it’s too much”

 

“Taeyeon, really it’s okay you don’t have to” she looked at Taeyeon trying to say it is all okay.

 

Taeyeon didn’t want Minah to pay for everything so she decided to trick her. “Look, the chef is calling you” while Minah looked for the chef, she took out some money from her wallet and placed it with the check and motioned for the waiter to pick it up.

 

Minah looked back seeing the check was gone and looked over to Taeyeon drinking her water acting like nothing happened.

 

“Where did it go?”

 

“Where did what go?” she took another sip of her water to hide her mischievous smile

 

“The check, it was just here a second ago” she started to search the floor just in case she knocked it on the ground.

 

The waiter came back “here is you change miss and you two have a good night” he handed the check and change back to Taeyeon, she left him a generous tip.

 

Minah eyed her “did you really just do that?”

 

“Yeah, I really just did.” She stuck out her tongue and got up to help Minah out of her chair because she is the polite person she is. She let Minah walk out before her until they got out of the restaurant.

 

Minah pushed her playfully “it was my turn to treat you. Why did you do that?”

 

Taeyeon and Minah walked slowly to Taeyeon’s car.

 

“Well I couldn’t just let you pay for all that”

 

“I told you it was fine” she looked at Taeyeon beside her

 

“And I told you to let me help you pay for it”

 

“Well next time don’t pay for the whole thing” she pushed Taeyeon’s arm.

 

Taeyeon laughed, “Okay, next time you can pay for the check”

 

“I’m going to keep your promise on that” she eyed her playfully.

 

Taeyeon nodded and smiled at her. She is actually having a very good time and realizes she needed a day like this. A day without having to deal with the problems of her life. “You know Minah…”

 

Minah looked at her wondering what she was going to say next.

 

“I really needed a night like this” she looked into the sky with her feet guiding her.

 

“Been having a hard time lately?”

 

“Sort of, I’ve just been real stressed with everything going on and tonight you made my night” she looked down to her shoes and then again at Minah.

 

“How did I do that?” she asked her curiously

 

“Well first off, you took me to this amazing restaurant that I’ve been dying to go to. Second, you just probably got me one of my dream jobs, and third, I’ve just been really enjoying talking and joking with you” she stopped walking and looked at her. “And I want to thank you for all that” she smiled at the girl

 

Minah was really touched by the way Taeyeon is thanking her even though she didn’t get to treat the girl out with her own money. “You’re welcome Taeyeon, I’m glad I made your night”

 

They finally reached Taeyeon’s car.

 

“Well, the night is still young...” Taeyeon said kicking imaginary pebbles on the ground. She didn’t want the night to end this early so she decided to do something else.
 

“It’s very young…” Minah tried not to smile because she knew Taeyeon wanted to ask her something else.

 

“I got the new catching fire movie…you want to watch it at my place?” she looked up at her.

 

“Yeah, I haven’t seen it before”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “Okay, well get in” she opened the door for Minah and they drove off to Taeyeon’s house. Little does she know she has a surprise waiting for her?

 

----

 

“Does everything look okay?” Sunny looked around at everything to make sure it looked perfect while people were around the house waiting to surprise Taeyeon.

 

“Yes, for the second time sunny” Yoona was getting rather annoyed. “Stop and just let the people come and enjoy themselves until Taeyeon gets here”

 

“I just want to make sure…” she adjusted the placing of a tablecloth.

 

Yoona got fed up and grabbed Sunny to bring her to the area with all the alcoholic drinks leaving Krystal and Jessica alone. “Have a drink, you need to relax”

 

Krystal and Jessica were just watching the two talk from a distance.

 

“Don’t screw up this time Jessica”

 

Jessica looked to her sister “I won’t…”

 

“I still can’t believe you told her that” she took a sip of her cup

 

Jessica replayed that moment in her head. “I can’t either” she looked into her drink. “I think that was the last straw for her, what if she doesn’t want to listen to what I have to say?”

 

“She’s not mean like you” Krystal joked trying to make Jessica a bit less sad.

 

She responded with a small chuckle.

 

“She’ll listen, but you have to do the same too and most importantly THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!” she knuckled her sister’s head. “That’s what got you in trouble with Taeyeon”

 

Jessica rubbed the part where Krystal hurt her head “you’re lucky that you are my sister”

 

“Yah! Did you hear what I said?”

 

“Yes, I heard what you said” she rolled her eyes. She was actually quite nervous to talk to Taeyeon again since last night’s incident. As far as she knows no one else knows except her sister and probably Sunny.

 

“Guys! She’s pulling into the driveway! Everyone hide and turn off the lights!” sunny ran away with her drink from the window and Yoona quickly ran to turn off the lights.

 

Krystal and Jessica hid near Yoona and Sunny by the entrance of the door. Everyone else was hiding behind something waiting for the birthday girl to come in. They all heard the doorknob turning.

 

“Why is it all dark in here? It’s only 9:30…” Taeyeon switched on the lights

 

Everyone jumped up and screamed “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!”

 

Sunny and Yoona ran up to the startled birthday girl “happy birthday Taeyeon!”

 

Taeyeon was there dumbfounded and to be honest with all these things going on she forgot about her own birthday.

 

“Taeyeon?” sunny asked her when she saw Taeyeon was kind of spacing out

 

Taeyeon shook her head “I can’t believe I forgot my own birthday”

 

Minah started laughing, Yoona and Sunny didn’t know that Taeyeon was with Minah.

 

Taeyeon looked at Minah and started to laugh a bit herself “what?”

 

“You forgot your own birthday Taeyeon”

 

“Like I said, I’ve been having a hard time” she pushed Minah playfully and Minah doing the same back.

 

“Hi Minah” sunny greeted the girl.

 

“Hi sunny and Yoona” she stopped and greeted the two

 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and can see that she’s eyeing Minah.

 

“Taeyeon!” Krystal walked up to her and hugged her “happy birthday!” she broke away and stood by Yoona.

 

“Thank you Krystal”

 

“Happy birthday Taeyeon” Jessica said in a soft voice when the birthday girl looked her way.

 

“Thanks” she gave her a smile.

 

“Let’s get the birthday girl a drink!” sunny said grabbing Taeyeon’s arm leading her to the minibar

 

“Yeah let’s go!” Yoona marched with Taeyeon next to her. The rest followed behind the three in front.

 

While they were walking to their little mini bar, the other guests were wishing Taeyeon a happy birthday left and right.

 

“When did you guys plan all of this?” she said when they finally reached their destination.

 

“We’ve been planning since your graduation” sunny poured a shot of whiskey for Taeyeon.

 

“Wow, you guys went all out” she looked at all the decorations

 

“Of course, you are our best friend after all” she handed her the shot glass “but Yoona and I can’t take all the credit because Jessica and Krystal helped also”

 

“Don’t I have the best friends in the world” she smiled and grabbed the glass she looked at Minah “would you like one?”

 

“Yeah”

 

Taeyeon put down her shot glass and poured her one and looked back at everyone else including Jessica “you are all taking one with me”

 

Everyone took their shots glass and toasted “happy birthday Taeyeon!”

 

Everyone took their first shot of the night down feeling that warm burning sensation going into their stomachs.

 

“Taeyeon, close your eyes okay” sunny and the other girls left after taking their shots leaving Taeyeon and Minah

 

“Hey, close your eyes” Minah put her hand up blocking Taeyeon’s view since her eyes were still open.

 

“I will once these little hobbit hands get out of my face” she moved them out of the way and closed her eyes smiling.

 

“You got some hobbit hands too” she slapped her arm

 

Taeyeon was laughing along with Minah

 

As the girls were walking back with the cake, Jessica was seeing what the two were doing and she didn’t like that they were too close to one another already. She couldn’t do anything because she knows she doesn’t have a right (and also because she’s making sure the candles don’t blow out)

 

“Open your eyes Taeyeon” Yoona said happily

 

She saw everyone gathered around and sang happy birthday to her “happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Taeyeon, happy birthday to you!” she was touched.

 

“Make a wish Taeyeon”

 

The birthday girl closed her eyes and made her wish I wish for good things to come my way… she blew out the candles and smiled and thank everyone, especially her friends. “Thank you, you guys.” Her eyes started to tear up.

 

Everyone else went back to partying while the little group of girls were still by Taeyeon.

 

“Aww Taeyeon.” Sunny tried to give her a napkin

 

Taeyeon gestured with her hand no and wiped her almost formed tears with her index fingers “thank you!” she grabbed everyone of her friends into a group hug leaving Minah out.

 

Jessica was happy even though they weren’t on very good terms right now just the contact that she is giving her feels so good.

 

They broke free from their group hug.

 

“Let’s get this party going” Taeyeon broke away going to get more shots for all of them with Minah following her.

 

“She seems like she’s in a very good mood” Sunny was watching Taeyeon’s actions with Minah since they got here and also notice how the two were interacting with each other. “Better than she was yesterday” she took a glanced at Jessica.

 

Jessica put down her head in shame.

 

Taeyeon and Minah came back with shots for each one of them. “Ready for round two?”

 

Minah handed one to both Krystal and Jessica while Taeyeon handed the other ones to Sunny and Yoona. Jessica took it without trying to show her how much she dislikes her. “Thanks…” she gave her a fake smile.

 

“You’re welcome” Minah smiled at her, but she could feel that Jessica didn’t really like her.

 

They took their shots, but Taeyeon saw how Jessica was acting around Minah so she decided to take Minah and show her around the house to ease the tension that is starting to build up between the two, but mostly Jessica. “Let me show you around Minah”

 

Minah just nodded and followed Taeyeon with her. Jessica looked at the two walking away full of jealously.

 

“Geez Jessica, can’t you make it any more obvious” her sister nudged her side.

 

“What?” she rubbed the spot where it hurt.

 

“You’re sister is right Jessica” sunny finally spoke “don’t act like that, that won’t help you get Taeyeon”

 

“Act like what?”

 

“Act like a jealous high school girl”

 

“I’m not acting that way”

 

“Dirty looks, fake smiles, and basically stabbing her with your eyes…oh yeah, you’re not acting that way” sunny scoffed “acts like a woman, not some little girl”

 

That’s the second time Jessica has heard those words, first from Taeyeon and just now from Sunny.

 

“If you want her back, don’t act like that anymore, she doesn’t want to play games, she doesn’t want to deal with all that high school bull again. She’s grown and you’re grown, start acting like it Jessica”

 

She just stood there listening to the girl’s words even though it was pretty harsh she needed to hear them.

 

“Now, I don’t want to make it seem like I’m being mean, but I really like you and I like that you and Taeyeon have something. But I’m also getting tired of seeing my best friend hurt because of you” she sighed “you need to figure out what you need to do to get her, but don’t hurt her anymore”

 

Jessica can see that sunny is very protective of Taeyeon and she can see why by how long they have been friends. “Okay, I won’t any more sunny”

 

“Thank you Jessica. It’s not going to be easy and you can see why” she was referring to Minah

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“Give it some time and make your move when the time is right. Okay?” she wanted to leave to make sure nothing was going on in the house “now I need to make sure people aren’t making a mess out of this place” sunny walked off while Yoona stayed near Krystal and Jessica.

 

“Did those words finally get through to you?” her sister asked

 

“Yes…” Jessica nodded not looking up realizing how she was acting before.

 

----

 

“I thought that this house was big, but I was wrong…” Minah stated after going through the whole house “it’s freaking huge!”

 

“I know it is. Why do you think I have roommates?” she chuckled a little.

 

They walked slowly together. “Speaking of your friends, I don’t think that um…Jessica really likes me?”

 

“Yeah…I saw that…”

 

“Do you know the reason why she doesn’t like me?”

 

Taeyeon didn’t know whether to tell her the whole truth or not so she stayed silent.

 

“Does it have to deal with you or is it just me?”

 

Taeyeon sighed “both…”

 

“Is she like your ex girlfriend or something?”

 

“No, we were never together…”

 

“So she likes you…?”

 

“Yeah, but she needs to figure things out” they reached the end of the hallway near a window

 

“Figure what out?”

 

“Let’s just say…” Taeyeon leaned on the wall; she didn’t want to tell Minah everything about her and Jessica. “She didn’t know what she wanted”

 

“Hmm…well that for her” she leaned on the wall next to her.

 

“Why do you say that”

 

“Because you are a really great person”

 

“I’ve been hearing that a lot lately” she joked

 

“Don’t be so cocky Taeyeon, it doesn’t suit you” Minah gently hit her arm

 

“You hit a lot you know that. I probably got bruises all over my arm” she pointed to where the “bruises” were.

 

“I didn’t know Taeyeon was such a baby. Awww” she patted the areas where she was supposedly hit.

 

Taeyeon just chuckled “lets go back down, I want another drink”

 

“Well let’s go birthday girl” Minah got off the wall and grabbed Taeyeon to head down stairs to get another drink.

 

Minah let go of Taeyeon when they were getting near the minibar. Taeyeon grabbed the bottle of whiskey while Minah grabbed the shot glasses. Taeyeon wanted to find her roommates to have another drink with her.

 

“Yoona!” she said in her party mode full of energy

 

Yoona saw her friend coming towards her, Krystal, and Jessica. “Heyyy!”

 

“Take a drink with me” she held up the bottle “and Minah has the shot glasses”

 

Minah started passing them out to every one of Taeyeon’s closest friends and hers and Taeyeon’s glasses still in her hands. Taeyeon poured everyone’s to the rim of the glass.

 

“Cheers!” they all clinked their glasses before downing that shot. After drinking the shots, everyone was on the same level.

 

“Thank you guys again for throwing this” she started laughing “and also for reminding me that it’s my birthday.” She raised the bottle and had another shot straight from the bottle. “Woo! I’m feeling good” she showed off her dorky smile

 

“Happy birthday Taeyeon!” Minah grabbed the bottle and pour herself another shot and then offered to pour for everyone else. When she got to pouring another for Jessica she just smiled trying to be nice no matter what.

 

Jessica tried her hardest to be nice. Come on Jessica; just be nice to the girl. Try to be nice to Minah try to be. She hasn’t done anything intentionally to make you tick. When Minah was done pouring the shot Jessica looked up at her and smiled. “Thank you Minah.”

 

Minah smiled “you’re welcome”

 

They all had another shot to reach where Taeyeon was.

 

Jessica cleared and looked at Minah to talk to her. “I didn’t formally introduce myself. I’m Jessica.” Just try to be mature about this Jessica, this is all for Taeyeon.

 

“I’m Minah” she bowed because she figure Jessica was older than her.

 

“This is my sister Krystal”

 

“Hi” Krystal awkwardly said

 

Minah just held out her hand for a handshake.

 

Taeyeon was kind of happy seeing Jessica at least trying to make an effort to get to know Minah.

 

The night went on smoothly with no drama whatsoever. Taeyeon had a very good birthday party with everyone getting along.

 

Everyone that didn’t live in the house left around 3 in the morning, excluding Jessica, Krystal, and Minah.

 

“Hey Jessica” Taeyeon hiccupped “you can Krystal can stay the night in the guest room again”

 

They were all still pretty drunk, but not to the part to where they are out of hand.

 

“Are you sure that is okay?”

 

“Yeah, you guys drove here so okay and stay the night.”

 

“O-okay” Jessica went up with her sister to Taeyeon’s guest room.

 

After Jessica left upstairs Taeyeon went to Minah who was passing out on the couch in the living room. “Hey, Minah” she gently shook her shoulder.

 

“Huh?” she groaned

 

“Come on, you can sleep in my room” she started to put Minah’s arms around her shoulder.

 

“Okay…” she tried to her hardest to at least make it to Taeyeon’s room

 

Taeyeon did most of the work but made it to her room. She took off Minah’s shoes and tucked her in bed “good night”

 

“Good…good night Taeyeon” Minah mumbled

 

“Night.” she walked and grabbed a pillow and a spare blanket so she could sleep downstairs.

 

Jessica was a restless drunk and she couldn’t sleep next to her sister. I wonder if Taeyeon is in her room? She got up staggering to Taeyeon’s room. What she saw when she opened the door was a girl sleeping. She walked in quietly into the bed back hugging the body “good night taengoo” she snuggled closer to the body falling asleep instantly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Herro! i'm on my spring break and man does it feel so good! i just got back from a party and i had some ideas and here they are! i hope you enjoy the update and if you don't well...meh! i tried! D: if you on spring break! enjoy that ! and i'll probably update maybe twice this coming week! but i'm not making no promises but i might so maybe you might want to look forward? idk i' m drunk ramblings 

 

thank you for new subscbers, readers, and new coments! yayy! :D