Sorrow

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

Jessica had finally calmed herself down from seeing Taeyeon in just a towel and is now going downstairs to wait to go home.

 

Krystal looked back and saw her sister coming down the stairs in her clothes from last night. “Are we leaving now?”

 

Jessica looked up and saw everyone else staring at her. “No, I just changed to give Taeyeon her clothes back” she felt kind of awkward with all eyes on her.

 

Sunny and Yoona turned their heads back forward to the TV, but Krystal and Tiffany kept staring at the person that is starting to come behind Jessica.

 

“Are you guys ready?” she said while putting on a in’ leather jacket.

 

Jessica looked back and saw she had changed her clothes in a simple white t-shirt, blue jeans with the cuffs rolled up once, and brown boots along with the black leather jacket. Even though Jessica only had partially open looking at Taeyeon, but in her mind it dropped all the way down to the floor.

 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica who seemed to be spacing out “ready?”

 

“You look real nice today” Jessica immediately said the first thing she had in her head. She started cursing herself in her mind for stupidly answering a simple ‘yes or no’ question.

 

Taeyeon looked at her outfit and then at the girl again. “Thanks, it’s better than what I was wearing before, right?” showing her dimples joking with the girl.

 

Jessica just giggled forgetting about how stupid she thought she sounded when she pictured what Taeyeon was wearing during the earlier incident.

 

The well-dressed girl then looked at the two at the bottom of the stairs “I’ll warm up the car while you guys change.”

 

“Where do we put it?” Tiffany asked

 

“You can just throw it in my room some where” she said walking down to the door.

 

“Okay. Anywhere?” Krystal started to walk up the stairs with Tiffany while Jessica was going down to meet Taeyeon.

 

“Anywhere” she said while Krystal was almost at the top of the stair. After Krystal and Tiffany were near the guest room, she looked at Jessica “well it seems like you are sitting shotgun” she laughed while opening the door. She held onto the door with one hand while the other is gesturing for Jessica to go out first.

 

“Thank you” Jessica said while walking in front of Taeyeon.

 

“I’ll be back later.” She said to Sunny and Yoona before she closed the door.

 

“Kayyy” they both said.

 

Sunny saw the way Taeyeon is treating Jessica with very good mannerism. Looks like someone is starting to like Jessica. She started to smirk to herself.

 

“Why are you smiling?” Yoona looked at her weirdly.

 

“I just thought of something funny that happened a few days ago” she didn’t want to tell Yoona the real reason why.

 

“Psssh, weirdo.” Yoona threw a pillow at Sunny’s face.

 

“You’re dead!” Sunny pounced on Yoona with two pillows in her hands. She started to hit Yoona like there was no tomorrow.

 

“Ahh! I’m sorry Sunny!!” Yoona said while blocking her face from getting hit “ah!”

 

Sunny had no intention to stop any time soon until she felt like she learned her lesson for throwing a pillow at her face.

 

-----

 

After closing the door, Taeyeon caught up to Jessica’s pace to so she can open the car door for her.

 

Jessica was taken aback at the gesture because no one she has ever dated had done that for her before, or anyone else really. This girl is something else. She stood there spacing out.

 

Taeyeon patiently waited for her to get in. Her face looks cute like that. She smiled while looking at her face.

 

Jessica snapped out of her little moment and quickly got in the car feeling a bit embarrassed.

 

Taeyeon quickly ran to the driver’s side door to get in after closing Jessica’s.

 

“Thank you Taeyeon.” Jessica said trying not to sound so shy while Taeyeon was putting on her seat belt.

 

“You’re welcome” she said putting the key in the ignition to start the car. It then fell into a comfortable silence between the two while waiting for Krystal and Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon then looked at Jessica after a couple of minutes. “Can I see your phone?”

 

Jessica looked up at her confused, but gave Taeyeon her phone anyway. She grabbed it and started to put her number in it. “There’s my phone number, you know if you want hangout or something some time.”

 

Jessica is flustered at Taeyeon personally putting her number in her phone. I’ve never met someone this forward and straight to the point. Wait, what am I thinking? She’s not asking me out. She is just asking if I want to hang out with her. She snapped out of her thoughts. “Let me see yours” she reaches her hand out to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon gladly gave it to her smiling. I’m starting to like this Jessica. She seems like a cool girl, the type of girl I like. She patiently waited for Jessica and started to stare at her face. She then slowly started to really notice Jessica’s facial features. This girl is gorgeous. She stopped staring once Jessica was about to face her and diverted her attention to her phone to seem like she wasn’t staring.

 

“Now you have mine” she smiled, giving Taeyeon back her phone. Maybe this girl is different... She saw Taeyeon smiling putting it back beside her, which made her also smile. She is definitely different from the rest of them. Ah! Just do it Jessica! Do it! She finally made up her mind about this girl. “Do you want to, uh, hang out Monday, you know, after our classes end?” her voice cracked at the end. Nice going Jessica, you sound like an idiot.

 

“Yeah” Taeyeon said with no hesitation. “What time does your last class end?”

 

“A little after 4” she said happily after Taeyeon said yes to hang out with her.

 

“I get out at 3:30.” She looked away feeling quite nervous for some reason and inhaled real quickly to compose herself. “I can uh, wait for you until your class ends and then we can just go from there. Does that sound cool?” her palms started to get sweaty. Why am I getting nervous?

 

“Yeah, that sounds fine” she smiled.

 

Taeyeon grinned from ear to ear after hearing that. “I’ll text you Monday so we can meet up somewhere on the campus”

 

“O-” Jessica response and eye contact with Taeyeon got disrupted when the doors in the back opened revealing Tiffany and Krystal dressed in their outfits from last night.

 

Taeyeon attention was diverted to the back to see if they were situated, once they were, she drove off to take them back home. “You guys ready to go home?”

 

“YES!” Krystal said while fixing her hair “I need a shower because I smell gross”

 

“You look gross too” Jessica said while laughing

 

“Yah! It’s not like you look any better” Krystal retorted back.

 

“You win this time Krys” she looked at her sister furrowing her brows.

 

Krystal cheered in her mind, but then she realized that Jessica is waiting for the right moment to get her back. To get her mind off of the thought of the future with Jessica’s comeback, she decided to talk to Taeyeon.

 

“So what are your plans for today Taeyeon?”

 

“Umm…” she thought for a moment “probably nothing.”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Well I didn’t really have anything else planned today besides just taking you guys home” she said with her eyes still on the road. “But most likely, I’ll just roam the city until I get tired or something.”

 

“Well do you wan..”

 

Jessica’s phone ringing interrupted what Krystal was about to say. Taeyeon took at glance at Jessica and saw she was just staring at the screen.

 

“Are you going to answer it” she said curiously to Jessica

 

“It’s Yuri…”

 

“Oh…” Taeyeon got silent

 

“Give me the phone jess” Krystal said and Jessica gave it to her. She answered it. “ OFF YURI” and she ended the call and gave her phone back to her sister. “Problem solved” she said smirking.

 

“It didn’t work…” Jessica said in almost a whisper staring at her phone because Yuri was calling again.

 

“Just don’t answer it right now, answer it when you are alone.” Taeyeon said looking straight onto the road. “You need to talk it out because probably a lot of things were unresolved from last night”

 

Jessica looked at Taeyeon’s face while she was talking to her. “You are right, I need to make it official that the break up is real to her, but maybe not for a few days.”

“Yeah…” Taeyeon got silent again for a couple of minutes. She didn’t like the feeling about talking about Yuri because of the fight, so she decided to change the subject “uh…am I going the right way?” but she really didn’t know where she was going.

 

Everyone looked at her confused. “What do you mean?”

 

“Well I am taking you guys home, but you gave me no directions and I’m just driving where ever right now” she laughed

 

“Oh my god, I’m sorry. I totally forgot you don’t know where we live” Jessica face palmed herself. “We live on XXXX and XXXX”

 

“Oh okay, I know where that is” Taeyeon smiled and kept driving to Jessica’s house.

 

-----

 

“Well we’re here” Taeyeon said while driving into their driveway. “It’s a nice house”

 

“Thank you” Jessica said while looking at her own house.

 

Taeyeon parked the car.

 

“Thank you Taeyeon for letting us stay at your place” Krystal said before getting out of Taeyeon’s car

 

“Yeah Taeyeon, thank you” Tiffany said and giving her a back hug even though the driver seat was between them

 

Taeyeon patted Tiffany’s arms that were around her “no problem. Bye”

 

Everyone got out of the car and went inside the house other than one girl.

 

“Thank you Taeyeon again for letting us stay at your place last night and for everything else.”

 

“Yeah, don’t mention it.” She laughed “it was nice talking with someone new”

 

They looked at each other for a while until Taeyeon broke the silence. “If your ex-girlfriend is still bugging you, you have my number”

 

“Right” she smiled at Taeyeon. “And you have mine if you want to contact me” she looked down to her legs shyly.

 

“That I do” she laughed again “I’ll text or call you Monday so we can kind of plan you know” come on Taeyeon, keep cool. “When uh, when w-we hangout.”

 

“Oh yeah, right.” She is excited at just the thought of them hanging out alone. “Well, I’m going to go inside.”

 

“Okay, well I’ll see you Monday” she smiled looking at Jessica.

 

“Yeah I’ll see you Monday” she went near Taeyeon and hugged her. “Bye” she smiled and went out the car door into her house.

 

“Bye” Taeyeon said before she sighed in relief trying to act cool in front of Jessica. She was all alone in her car so she started to talk to herself. “AH! What is happening to me? I haven’t felt like this since her…” she rested her forehead on the steering wheel for awhile. She felt a sensation go through her body when Jessica hugged her. That hasn’t happened to her since her first real girlfriend. “I don’t know why I’m getting like this, I just met her last night…it’s not lik-”

 

Taeyeon was deep in her thoughts until she heard someone tapping on her car window. She looked up and saw that it was Tiffany. She quickly rolled down her window. “Hey” she said smiling trying to hide what she was thinking about earlier.

 

“Heyy, I thought you already left?”

 

“I was looking for something and I couldn’t find it” she rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

 

“Is that why your head was resting on the steering wheel?” Tiffany giggled

 

“Oh haha yeah it was” she laughed and then a thought came through her mind. “What are you doing out here?”

 

“I’m going back home”

 

“Oh? You don’t live with them?” she said because she was kind of confused. She thought they all lived together.

 

“No, I don’t. I live a couple of streets away”

 

Taeyeon made an “o” with now understanding that they live separately. “Do you need a ride?”

 

“No, I have my car” she pointed to where her car is. “But thank you for offering.”

 

“Oh, okay. Well I should get going. Bye Tiffany” she smiled and waved before she drove off.

 

Tiffany started to smile to herself because of Taeyeon. The thought of her made her feel warm and giddy inside. Coming out of her thoughts, she decided to go home.

 

----

 

[Monday]

 

Throughout the weekend neither Jessica nor Taeyeon have spoken to each other. Jessica has kept looking at her phone every minute, waiting for Taeyeon to text or call her. She looked at the time on her phone in class and is starting to get worried Taeyeon would cancel the whole day. It is almost 3:30; I don’t think she will want to hang out with me today. You are so stupid Jessica for asking her to hang out today. I never should have don-. She had broken free of her thoughts when she felt her phone vibrate.

 

[Taeyeon: I just got out of class. what building are you in?]

 

Jessica smiled to herself forgetting the thoughts she had earlier.

 

[I’m in the K building]

 

She waited a few minutes.

 

[Taeyeon: okay, I’ll be waiting by the grass]

 

She smiled; she can’t wait until her class is over. She started to think to herself only 30 more minutes of this class.

 

[Outside of the building]

 

Taeyeon is riding her long board throughout the campus to get to the K building. It only took her a couple minutes to get to her destination from where her class was.

 

Once she got to the grass to wait for Jessica, she picked up her board to only lay down her bag and herself onto the grass. She rested the back her head on her long board keeping her sunglasses on. She was about to rest her eyes until someone said her name.

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

She put her sunglasses on the top of her head to get a better look. She still couldn’t see who it was until her eyes adjusted to the natural brightness of the sun. “Oh hey Hyuna” she got up and sat her on her board.

 

“What you doing here? Do you have a class here in this area?”

 

“Actually no. I’m waiting for someone to get out of their class”

 

“Oh one of your friends?” she put her stuff down and sat next to Taeyeon.

 

“Uh…yeah. What are you doing here? Do you have a class?”

 

“Yeah, it starts at 4” she paused and looked at her surroundings and then back at Taeyeon. “I had a really good time Friday night.” She started to blush

 

Taeyeon looked at her and smiled. “I did too. You are pretty cool to hangout with”

 

“Y-you are too.” She smiled and looked down.

 

Taeyeon looked at her. “You are a pretty good dancer also. haha”

 

Hyuna’s head popped up at Taeyeon’s compliment. “Oh, thank you”

 

“Do you take dance classes or something? Because your moves were just…” Taeyeon couldn’t even explain so she said nothing after that.

 

Hyuna laughed “my dancing that good?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “I’ve dance with people, but they never had what felt like, like very natural moves. Your moves just felt naturally y.” she laughed at the way the words came out of . “Sorry that came out wrong”

 

“Well thank you” Hyuna placed her hand on top of Taeyeon’s thigh and didn’t move it.

 

Taeyeon thought of it as nothing and just decided to keep talking to the girl. “So are you majoring in dance or something related to that field?”

 

“Actually I am majoring in dance”

 

“You are? Wow, that’s pretty amazing?” she smiled at Hyuna, but then her attention went to her phone because it beeped. She was about to look at the notification on her phone but then Hyuna said something.

 

“I actually go to go. My class starts in a couple of minutes.” She started to get up and put on her backpack. Before she was about to leave, she kissed Taeyeon’s lips. “Bye, I’ll see you around”

 

Taeyeon was dumbfounded at Hyuna kissing her. She didn’t think she gave off that kind of signal to Hyuna. She brushed it off thinking of it as nothing and decided to lie down and rest her eyes again.

 

But from a distance, a pair of eyes was watching the two interacting. The person felt sad and hurt seeing that kiss.

 

“Ah…you shouldn’t have gotten your hopes up like that Jessica” she spoke softly to herself. She felt sad and did something that she never does, ever. She brought out her phone and dialed someone.

 

Ring ring…ring rin- “Jessica?”

 

“Hi Yuri…”

 

“Jessica I am s-“

 

She cut off Yuri. “can you meet me at my place tonight around 11?”

 

“Yeah, yeah I can. See you later tonight”

 

“Bye” she ended the call and started to walk over to Taeyeon. “Hey…” she said trying not to sound sad.

 

Taeyeon got up “hey, you got out kind of early” she checked the time and forgot that she didn’t check her message.

 

“I messaged you that I was” Jessica said staring at her.

 

Taeyeon looked at the message on her phone “oh, you did. Sorry, I was talking to a friend. I guess I got distracted”

 

“I bet you did.” Jessica said

 

Taeyeon heard that bit of sarcasm in her voice. “Are you okay?” she looked at her concerned.

 

“Yeah I am. You ready?” Jessica said looking back at Taeyeon, trying to act like nothing was bugging her.

 

“Uh yeah. Is their anything in particular you want to do?”

 

“I can’t really think of anything…”

 

“Do you just want to drive around the city and see what’s around to do?”

 

“How are we going to drive around the city on your board?”

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon looked at her long board that’s on the grass. “Oh, I have my car. I just ride this around campus to go to my classes”

 

“Oh, well then lets get to your car” Jessica started to walk off while Taeyeon was getting her things.

 

Taeyeon looked up and can see Jessica was far up ahead. What is up with her today? She seems kind of mad? She got on her board and rode up to Jessica pace. “You sure nothing is wrong? It seems like something is kind of bugging you?”

 

Jessica kept quiet for a while “I just saw something I didn’t like” she sighed because she picture Taeyeon and some other girl kissing. “You know what, I’m actually not feeling that good.”

 

“Um, okay…you want to hang out some other time?” Taeyeon felt disappointed, she was actually looking forward to hanging out with this girl today. This girl made her feel things she hasn’t felt in a long time.

 

“Yeah, we can make other plans for another day.” Jessica stopped walking and Taeyeon stopped on her board also.

 

“Yeah we can do that. Do you need a ride back home?”

 

“No, no, I will have someone come and get me.” she brought out her phone and started to text someone.

 

“Are you sure? I don’t mind giving you a lift back home.” Taeyeon said still insisting

 

“It’s fine. You can go home, I’ll wait here to be picked up” Jessica said looking at Taeyeon.

 

“O-okay, I can wait with you if you want.”

 

“Honestly Taeyeon, I feel like I just need to be alone right now…” she sighed

 

Taeyeon just stood there feeling Jessica’s vibes; it was kind of scary and new to her feeling this vibe from someone.

 

“Sorry that came out kind of mean, but I just need to be alone for awhile”

 

“No, don’t apologize. I’ll see you around.” She said with a bit of sadness.

 

Jessica caught that hint of sadness is Taeyeon’s voice, but she was too late in catching Taeyeon before she left. Maybe I was wrong…was it too much to assume that she has a relation with that girl? Ah…you babo Jessica why do you have to act like that to someone as nice as her. What girl wouldn’t want someone like her. She felt her phone vibrate again.

 

[Yuri: I’m outside]

 

She closed her phone and decided to meet Yuri in the front. She was walking and spotted Yuri’s car. Once she got in Yuri tried to hug her, but Jessica didn’t reciprocate it.

 

“Can we finally talk about this?”

 

“On how you cheated on me or how you gave a girl your number?”

 

“Both. Look I’m sorry, I’m different when I’m drunk and I know that’s no excuse for what I did, but I just want you to know that I’m sorry and that I mean it.” She looked into Jessica’s eyes “please just give me another chance, just one more chance”

 

Jessica can see on Yuri’s face that she is indeed sincere. “I think if we do want to start over, we have to start out as friends again first.”

 

“So you are saying yes to giving me another chance?”

 

“Yes, but we aren’t back together just yet. We are going to take it day by day.”

 

Yuri hugged Jessica for a long time and this time Jessica hugged her back.

 

----

 

Taeyeon was riding her long board around campus instead of going home, she was sad. She just turned up her music and was just riding all over not caring.

 

After a while, she decided to sit down on a bench, panting trying to catch her breath. Her legs were tired from pushing herself on her long board. Well, I guess it wasn’t meant to be. I should’ve known better than to start to feel like that again.

 

She was just sitting there thinking to herself until she notices someone familiar in a distance. “Tiffany?”

 

The girl looked back to see who called her name. She knew who it was. “Taeyeon?” she walked up to her. “You have class this late?”

 

“Uh, no. I’m just riding my board” she showed her long board that’s on the ground to her. “Had some things on my mind”

 

“Like what kind of things?”

 

“Stuff that makes me sad.” She sighed, “I just don’t like that feeling”

 

“No one likes that feeling” she laughed and decided to sit down next to her. “You want to talk about it?”

 

“A girl I liked I guess doesn’t like me back.” She ran her hair through fingers and looked down at her board.

 

Tiffany on the other hand felt a bit of relief when Taeyeon told her a girl rejected her, but a bit of sadness because Taeyeon looked like she was hurting.

 

“We were suppose to hangout today, but I guess she was mad at me or something. I don’t know...I just feel like crap right now.”

 

Tiffany can see the sadness on Taeyeon; she looked like she was actually a really sensitive person. She wanted to cheer up Taeyeon. “Do you want to go get something to eat with me? I’m all alone and I could use some company”

 

Taeyeon looked up into Tiffany face and decided why not, her plans got cancelled. “Yeah, I would like that”

 

After that, they started to hang out regularly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

wooooo! i actually got this chapter done! i hope you enjoy it! thought i put a little twist in there. i also got rejected when asking a girl out this week, but all i can say is at least i tried right? :) haha. well enjoy this chapter and as always, i'll update when i can.