Strawberry Swisher

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

“good morning”

 

taeyeon heard a voice when she was starting to wake up. she turned around to see a girl sitting next to her reading a book “morning…” she stretched her body out on the bed. “what time is it?”

 

“it’s almost 3 in the afternoon”

 

taeyeon was still groggy but chuckled “it’s not the morning…”

 

“no, but it’s like the morning for you and I. I only woke up an hour before you did so it’s like the morning for us late sleepers.” she put down her book to look at the girl still laying down next to her. “so good morning!” she smiled cutely at taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon chuckled again. she’s funny. she sat up and groaned. She started picking up her clothes that laid on the floor.

 

“do you have to be somewhere?”

 

“no…”

 

“well, if you want I can take you back”

 

“really?” she pulled her shirt over her head and looked at her “That would be great actually”

 

minah grabbed her car keys and waited until the girl put on the rest of her clothes to walk out to her car with taeyeon.

 

“ready?”

 

after tying her shoes “yeah”

 

they walked together and drove off to taeyeon’s house with her directions. It was mostly a silent ride but taeyeon decided to talk

 

“so…your name is minah right?”

 

“yeah, and yours is taeyeon? Right?” she said to taeyeon mocking her

 

taeyeon knew minah was just joking around and laughed

 

“haha yes it is” she smiled “so…”

 

“so…” she glanced at the girl smiling and paid her attention to the road again “is the small talk all done already?”

 

taeyeon chuckled “do you go to school?”

 

“I do, I do”

 

“what you majoring in?”

 

“early development and child education”

 

“hmmm…so you want to work with kids?”

 

“yeah, kids that are in preschool or day care”

 

“I don’t mean to shoot down your major but working with children that young seems like too much stress”

 

“It can seem overwhelming I can’t deny that, but it’s something I really want to do”

 

taeyeon, even though she did not know her that well knew this girl knew what she wants in life. “seems like you got it all figured out”

 

“what? My life?”

 

“yeah”

 

“well I had to plan out everything because I had to work hard to get where I am today” she paused “nothing was given to me, I worked and studied hard just so I could get a scholarship to the university”

 

taeyeon started to clap her hands “wow, I commend you for that”

 

“for what?”

 

“working hard for everything you wanted, not many people can say that about themselves”

 

“are you one of those people who didn’t”

 

“no I did, but I can also say that I made my own way in life without the help of my family’s money” she glanced out the window “my house is that one right there”

 

minah gawked at how big taeyeon’s house was “this is your house?”

 

“yeah” she laughed at the girls expression. she was going to bid the girl goodbye but the girl’s tummy growled “do you want to come inside for something to eat?”

 

minah was embarrassed at her tummy suddenly growling “uh…”

 

“I’ll make something real quick for you, I’m kind of hungry myself” she smiled

 

“if you insist” she unbuckled her belt and got out of the car to follow taeyeon to her house door. Truthfully, she was starving; she didn’t have much food at her apartment to eat.

 

“sun, Yoona! I’m back” she heard nothing “I guess my roommates aren’t home” she closed the door after minah walked in “the kitchen is this way”

 

minah followed her, still amazed at how big her house was. “your kitchen is as big as my whole apartment”

 

taeyeon looked at her kitchen “no, your place is a little bigger” she laughed “this kitchen is big because I like to cook and bake”

 

“let me guess…you went to school for culinary arts?” she smiled at taeyeon

 

“it’s like you already know me!” taeyeon joked around while taking out some ingredients

 

“you’re pretty funny taeyeon.” She stood at the kitchen island watching taeyeon prepare the food.

 

“well that’s what I’m told” she looked back “I hope you like pan-fried chicken , you okay with eating that?”

 

“that sounds delicious”

 

“all right” she smiled and went back to preparing their food.

 

taeyeon was focused on cooking and minah was just watching her. She was amazed at the girl’s focus and started to admire her more.

 

“I made it with a mushroom sauce, I hope it tastes good” she presented the plate in front of minah

 

“it looks so pretty, I don’t even want to eat it” she saw it was a simple dish, but just how she plated the chicken with the parsley and the lemon zest on top of the mushroom sauce.

 

Taeyeon smiled really big “that’s the best compliment that a chef can get”

 

“what?” she was still staring at the plate

 

“it’s so pretty that you don’t want to eat it” she chuckled

 

“but it really is”

 

taeyeon started to eat her own plate and saw the girl still wasn’t touching hers. She cut off a piece from her plate and put it near minah’s mouth “have some of mine if you aren’t going to eat yours” she smiled

 

minah blushed and took a bite. Her eyes popped open “oh my god” she covered and swallowed her food “that’s really good”

 

“I guess my dish was a success” she chuckled at the girls cute reaction “now please eat yours” she nudged the plate towards minah.

 

Minah slowly ate her food even though she didn’t want to, but it tasted so good and it was starting to cure her hunger.

 

“TAEYEON?” A voice shouted once they came through the door.

 

taeyeon knew it who it was “I’m in the kitchen” she kept eating her food and heard footsteps coming towards her very quickly. She felt the girl hug her tightly. “whoa…sun, what are you doing?”

 

“I was worried” she kept squeezing her. “I thought you over did it again”

 

taeyeon tried to think about what she meant, it came to her. “I learned my lesson the first time sunny” she broke away from her “I’m fine, see?” she gave her, her biggest smile to reassure her.

 

“taeyeon! You’re okay!” Yoona came into the kitchen too running towards the short girl also embracing her, but not as much as sunny was doing earlier.

 

“yeah, I’m okay guys” she looked at minah who is just there looking awkward “guys, this is minah”

 

they both didn’t notice the petite girl near taeyeon.

 

“oh, hi.” Sunny she fixed herself somewhat before her introduction “I’m sunny, taeyeon’s best friend and roommate”

 

“I’m Yoona, and what she said” she pointed her finger towards sunny

 

She chuckled at Yoona “I’m minah” she bowed politely. “and sorry for worrying you guys, it was my fault she didn’t come back home last night” she smiled apologetically.

 

“oh…” sunny looked at taeyeon questionably I guess that means her and Jessica are even now? “well just as long as she’s fine, it’s okay” she then smiled at minah

 

minah stopped eating her food. “well I should go”

 

taeyeon looked down at her plate, she saw only a quarter of it was eaten “no, stay and finish eating” she stopped the girl. “please, I insist”

 

“is there anymore?” Yoona spoke out loud the girl was hungry from looking for taeyeon all day.

 

taeyeon laughed “I can make more, just give me awhile” she started walking to the stove to cook sunny and Yoona some food.

 

While taeyeon was about to put the chickens in the pan the doorbell rang. “Yoona, go get that will you”

 

Yoona stopped watching taeyeon “uh yeah” she joyously ran to the door because she was about to eat some food. She opened the door singing “who is it?”

 

“hey Yoona”

 

“hi krystal and Jessica”

 

“I got your message that taeyeon was back home so we came over to see her” the younger smiled while she spoke

 

Yoona stood there not knowing what to do. Do I really want to make an awkward situation?

 

“hello? Yoona?” krystal snapped her fingers in front of yoona’s face

 

“um, come in if you want” she opened the door.

 

The both walked in looking around for her.

 

“she uh…she’s in the kitchen” Yoona started walking them to the kitchen hoping things won’t get bad.

 

“who was it Yoona?” taeyeon said not paying attention to who walked in.

 

“it’s me!” krystal ran up to taeyeon and hugged her.

 

“wow, I’m getting a lot of hugs today” she covered the pan and hugged the younger girl back. She glanced up and saw Jessica walking towards her “hey jess” she smiled at the girl and looked again at krystal. “have you guys eaten yet?”

 

“nope” krystal said cutely and broke the hug.

 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica “have you?”

 

Jessica nodded no also. she seems…fine?

 

“all right, two more coming up” taeyeon was just in a good mood because of minah’s earlier complement on her food she prepared.

 

Jessica looked away from taeyeon to a very unfamiliar person quietly eating and there was another plate next to hers who she guessed was taeyeon’s. who is this girl that taeyeon is with?

 

Krystal looked at her sister and then looked at the person she was looking at. She went up to taeyeon and whispered “who is that girl?”

 

Taeyeon looked back at minah “that’s minah” she said it like it was nothing that was important

 

“and what she doing here?”

 

“eating” taeyeon stated the obvious

 

“I can see that”

 

she chuckled “a friend who drove me back home”

 

“oh…”

 

taeyeon turned off the stove. “it’s all done” she started to plate the dishes and put them on the kitchen table for everyone to eat.

 

“taeyeon this looks really good” krystal was amazed.

 

Everyone was amazed but Yoona, she ate the food right when taeyeon put it down.

 

While everyone was starting to eat, minah finished her plate “that was really good taeyeon” she got up and was about to wash her dish when taeyeon grabbed the plate.

 

“I’ll do it.” She put down it in the sink.

 

“I should get going”

 

a blonde girl was watching them and listening to their conversation.

 

“I’ll walk you to the door” taeyeon let the girl walk in front of her.

 

Jessica couldn’t see them anymore and began to eat her food again and listening to the people at the table talk.

 

 “thank you for the food again” she smiled at taeyeon

 

“thank you for enjoying it” she looked at her

 

“what are you doing tomorrow?”

 

“I believe nothing. Why?”

 

“well to repay you for the food, I’ll take you out to eat.”

 

“oh no, you don’t have to do that” she waved her off stopping at the door.

 

“I won’t take no for an answer because that dish was like a 5 star meal”

 

taeyeon chuckled at the girl’s statement. “okay, fine” she decided to give in. she really like talking with this girl despite having been intimate with each other the night before. “well let me give you my number so you can tell me all the details later” she reached out asking for the girl’s phone.

 

After giving minah her number, she bid her goodbye and went back into the kitchen to finish her half eaten food. She enjoyed the sight of everyone talking with each other but notice one person was just quietly eating her food.

 

“taeyeon!” Yoona shouted.

 

“what?” she sat down at the head of the table.

 

“thank you for the food!” she gave her two thumbs up.

 

“you’re welcome Yoona” she began to eat her food happily.

 

Jessica kept stealing glances at taeyeon every few seconds she sees her happy. I thought she would at least be somewhat mad at me, but she’s just acting like usual.

 

After everyone finished eating. They sat there not full, but just right.

 

“you guys want some dessert?”

 

yoona’s head jumped up “is that even a question taeyeon?”

 

she chuckled at yoona’s response “I’ll make something quick like…banana pudding?”

 

“with LOTS of whipped cream” Yoona gleamed

 

“of course Yoona. Wait in the living room and I’ll bring it to you guys.”

 

Everyone but Jessica made their way to the living room. Jessica went up to girl in the kitchen preparing dessert.


“taeyeon?”

 

taeyeon stopped what she was doing and gave her full attention to the girl “yeah?”

 

“can we talk?”

 

“uh…” Taeyeon paused for a bit “…can we do that later?”

 

Jessica wanted to get this over quickly, but the girl seems like she’s not ready to talk just yet

 

“like later tonight? I just don’t want to do it right now with everyone here”

 

“oh” she wasn’t expecting that. “y-yeah”

 

“I’ll come by your place.” She gave a small smile to her “you can wait in the living room with the rest” she went back to making the desserts

 

after everyone had their dessert, Krystal and Jessica went home. Taeyeon was cleaning up the kitchen with sunny helping her while Yoona was in the living room in a food coma.

 

“so what did you do last night with minah?” sunny was putting away the dishes

 

taeyeon stopped wiping the counters. “I think you already know the answer…”

 

“so you guys slept with each other?”

 

“yeah.” She continued wiping the rest of the counter and then the kitchen table

 

“did you do it just to get even with Jessica?”

 

taeyeon turned around and gave sunny a very mad look “you really think I’m that ed up?”

 

“I don’t know? I’m just asking taeyeon, I’m trying to understand this situation”

 

taeyeon sighed “look, I just went out for a night of fun to get my mind off of Jessica, it just so happened I went home with minah and we did…stuff”

 

“were you drunk?”

 

“yeah”

 

sunny could see that taeyeon didn’t go home with minah to get back at Jessica, but because she was hurting and that’s what she does sometimes. “Jessica seems to regret her decision…”

 

“I can see that” she looked down and then looked a sunny shocked “wait, how do you know?”

 

“I saw her earlier today to see if she knew where you were”

 

taeyeon chuckled “let me guess, you talked to her”

 

“of course I did.”

 

“so she knows everything?”

 

“yeah. You should have seen her face when I told her about you and tiffany. She looked like she saw a ghost”

 

there was a moment of silence between them

 

“are you going to give her another chance?”

 

taeyeon didn’t respond right away. “I don’t know…”

 

“how can you not know?”

 

“I just don’t know” taeyeon looked at her hands that were on the table. I need to sort this out… she started walking out of the kitchen “I’m gonna go out” she grabbed her keys and left.

 

Sunny knew she was going to go talk with Jessica. Let’s hope this all works out for the best.

 

----

 

Jessica was in her room waiting for taeyeon to come so they could talk. She was lying on her bed staring into the ceiling.

 

Her phone vibrated.

 

[I’m outside]

 

she got up to look out her window, taeyeon’s car was parked but she was confused that the girl wasn’t going to come inside.

 

[you want to come inside and talk?]

 

[can we talk in my car?]

 

Jessica knew taeyeon was acting weird not wanting to come inside, but complied and walked outside into her car.

 

“hey…” Jessica tucked some strands of hair behind her ear.

 

“hey.” Taeyeon looked at her. “so…what did you want to talk to me about?”

 

Jessica played with her hands, hesitant on answering the girl.

 

Taeyeon looked at her and can see she was having trouble starting. “so you know it was all a misunderstanding between me and tiffany?”

 

Jessica nodded and created an atmosphere of silence again.

 

Taeyeon sighed, she came here because Jessica wanted to talk but she is saying nothing. “well…I’m going to go now” she put her keys in the ignition.

 

“what? why?” Jessica finally spoke

 

she stopped turning the key. “because you aren’t talking to me. I thought you wanted to talk to me, not to just nod yes or no to me”

 

“fine” Jessica took a deep breath “who was that girl that was at your house today?”

 

“someone that gave me a ride back home”

 

“how long did you know her?”

 

taeyeon just told her the hurtful truth “since last night”

 

Jessica felt her heart break a little. “what did you do with her?”

 

“we hooked up” she kept eye contact with jessica.

 

“you hooked up?” Jessica got mad “you hook up with her?!” she hit the dashboard “I can’t believe you did that” she started hitting taeyeon in her seat.

 

“what the Jessica!?” she held her wrist to stop her.

 

“how could you do that!” Jessica tears started to fall down trying to break her arms free from taeyeon’s grip

 

taeyeon let go of her and raised her voice “why the hell are you getting mad at me, it’s not like you didn’t do the same thing the night before!”

 

Jessica stopped

 

“do you know how much you hurt me that day when I saw that ugly thing on your collarbone? Do you know how I felt when you told me she was better than me? Being compared to someone that is so ed up that they gave another girl her number right in front of you? Did you know how I felt hearing that?” she caught her breath “it ing Jessica, it hurt so bad that dying felt like a better option than to feel like that all over again.” she hit the steering wheel in frustration.

 

Jessica saw what she did to the girl, she hurt her so badly that taeyeon actually considered death than to feel that pain again. “I’m sorry taeyeon…” she broke down. “I’m sorry for putting you through that”

 

Taeyeon listened to her, trying to calm herself from yelling at Jessica.

 

“I know I deserve what you did with that girl”

 

taeyeon sadly chuckled “I didn’t plan on sleeping with her to get back at you, I’m not that ed up…”

 

even though that didn’t make Jessica feel better, she knows taeyeon wouldn’t deliberately do that to her on purpose.

 

“yeah, I went there to get drunk and talk to other girls, but it was never my intention to get back at your for what you did with…” she didn’t like the sound of that girl’s name “yuri…” she ran her hand through her hair “it just all happened and I can’t really change that now.”

 

there was a silence for quite a while.

 

“taeyeon…can you give me another chance?” Jessica spoke and spoke very soft

 

taeyeon almost didn’t hear what she said but she heard the word “chance”. She knew what she meant, she looked forward and then at Jessica “I don’t know…”

 

“why?” she started to wipe her tears that fell.

 

“I mean what if you…” she didn’t want to say it “what if something like this happens again? Are you going to go back to yuri or find someone else to do those things with?” taeyeon sighed again, this time more loudly “I just can’t have that in the back of my mind if something like the situation with tiffany happens again”

 

Jessica knew where she was getting at. “it won’t happen again, I promise”

 

“your words can only promise so much Jessica…”

 

“I mean it”

 

“I know you do, but my heart can’t take your word for it. It’s too damaged right now”

 

Jessica closed her eyes I ed up everything. A tear fell; she let it run down but felt some one wipe it away. It was taeyeon, she didn’t expect that at all. “I want you taeyeon, I want you to be mine”

 

Taeyeon retracted her hand “I want the same thing, but I want someone who knows what they want and you are still confused jess…” she looked at her sadly.

 

“I’m not confused taeyeon, I know what I want and I want you. Are you too stupid to see that?” Jessica was getting mad again because taeyeon is doubting her.

 

“if you are not confused, how come you didn’t choose between me and yuri. That doesn’t sound like someone who isn’t confused.”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t want to get hurt”

 

“oh, and I did?” taeyeon was getting frustrated again. “jessica, you need to grow up”

 

“I need to grow up? I need to grow up taeyeon? I’m not the one that drank herself to death because she got cheated on”

 

“wow” taeyeon sat there in silence “ you jess”

 

Jessica knew she went for a very low blow.

 

“you can get out now” taeyeon started her car.

 

“I’m sorry taeyeon, I didn’t me-“

 

“yeah you did...” She unlocked the doors. “I need a woman, not a little girl Jess”

 

Jessica looked at taeyeon with a heart broken face “I’m sorry”

 

Taeyeon didn’t respond or look at her.

 

Jessica got out the car and watched her drive off. She blamed herself for saying that. She knows that the incident she brought up made taeyeon who she is today.

 

“why did you have to do that Jessica” she mumbled to herself before going into her room to cry.

 

----

 

taeyeon slammed the door on her way into her house. sunny and Yoona saw she came back.

 

“taeyeon?” sunny asked her concerned but just saw taeyeon walk upstairs not looking or saying anything to them. She got up and went to her door. “taeyeon?” she knocked a few more times “tae?”

 

“I need to be by myself sunny. I’m going to sleep” sunny heard from the other side of the door.

 

She walked away knowing the talk between Jessica and taeyeon didn’t go good.

 

Taeyeon grabbed her pillow and screamed into it to muffle her scream. She looked to her night stand and saw her phone was flashing which meant she had a message. She grabbed her phone and read it

 

[it’s minah, meet me at XXXX restaurant tomorrow at 7]

 

taeyeon opened her eyes wide. The XXXX restaurant? Wow, how did she get a reservation there?

 

[you’re joking right?]

 

[no, silly.]

 

[but it takes months just to get an open reservation?]

 

[I know some people, I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night taeyeonnie :) ]

 

taeyeon smiled, she gets to eat one of the best restaurants in the city with some very good company. That’s the only thing that made her bad night into a good one. She went to sleep excited for tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello my lovelies! ahhh! it's good to have internet again haha. i would've updated a few days earlier but my internet AND cable were shut off because someone messed with the wires that were outside my apt building >:/ (oh and if you guys haven't already figured out most of the chapter titles are songs except the first two. thought i let you know.)

well enjoy the update and thank you to the new readers, new subscribers, and thank you for the comments you leave. enjoy your weekend! :D