Hello Fascination

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

Minah was slowly waking up, she felt a pair of arms wrapped behind her. She thought it was taeyeon since she is in her room. Her eyes slowly started to close to go back to sleep. Her hands slowly rubbed taeyeon’s forearms leading down to intertwine her fingers with her hands. This is strange…taeyeon hands are not this slender…?

 

She opened her eyes to turn her head to get a glance at who was holding her. She fully woke up when she realized who it was and tried to remain calm. “um…jessica?” she spoke to her.

 

“Jessica…” she started to poke her arm.

 

“…”

 

“jessicaaa?” she tried to unwrap her arms, but then they started to grip tighter. “Jessica” Gah this girl is like a boa constrictor.

 

“…”

 

“Jessica…?” she finally said a little louder.

 

“what…” she groaned

 

“can you let go of me?”

 

Jessica slowly opened her eyes still seeing the back of the person’s head. “let go? why?” she closed her eyes again because she still was half asleep.

 

“it’s me minah…”

 

jessica’s eyes shot wide open jumping off the bed onto the floor.

 

Footsteps were heard running up the stairs going to the room. The girl saw both minah and Jessica on the floor. “uh? Are you guys okay? I heard a loud thud from upstairs”

 

Jessica got up dusting herself off, as did minah.

 

“did you sleep in here last night Jessica?” taeyeon asked confused as to why she was in her room.

 

Jessica got super red from embarrassment and started to stutter, “I-I-I-I uh…I guess?”

 

Taeyeon pursed her lips trying her hardest not to laugh. She thought minah was me! HAHA! “uh, well if you’re okay” she cleared “I’m going to go back downstairs to continue to make breakfast” Once she got out of the door she started to snicker to herself.

 

Jessica and minah were still in the room.

 

Jessica was very dreadfully humiliated “I uh, I’m sorry…for that…” she didn’t dare to look minah in the face.

 

Minah looked at her and looked down at the floor “it’s okay, um…”

 

The atmosphere was so awkward that you could probably cut it with a knife.

 

“I’m going to go downstairs…” minah slowly started to walk off and picked up her pace when she was getting near the door.

 

The blond girl face palmed herself. I can’t believe I snuggled with minah all night thinking it was taeyeon. You are stupid when you are drunk Jessica! She went to the guest room to continue sleeping next to her sister not wanting to ever face those two again after what happened.

 

----

 

minah walked into the kitchen seeing taeyeon laughing really hard by herself cooking. “you’re getting a big kick out of it” she pouted while tying her hair into a ponytail.

 

taeyeon calmed herself down a little bit, but started laugh in between words “I-I-I find it just too funny” she turned and saw minah was done fixing her hair, she actually found her a bit more attractive with it like that.

 

minah went up and slapped taeyeon’s arm

 

taeyeon slowly stopped laughing a bit. “awww…” she went up to minah and hugged her “some one is all embarrassed.”

 

Minah hugged her back and muffled her words hiding her face in taeyeon’s shoulder. “it’s going to be a very awkward morning”

 

“eh…don’t worry.” She looked at minah “you’ll laugh about it later”

 

minah looked at taeyeon and can see she is just smiling. “it’s a very awkward situation”

 

“what is life without a few of those every now and then?”

 

minah was about to say something but then she smelled something burning. “I think your food is burning taeyeon”

 

taeyeon looked back and it was her sausages that she was cooking “ah!” taeyeon broke away from minah quickly.

 

Minah started to laugh at taeyeon who is sort of in a panic mode trying to save the burning sausages.

 

“ah, they’re burnt” taeyeon pouted a bit disappointed seeing them on the plate almost all of them burnt.

 

Minah was still laughing. “aww…” she went up to taeyeon and looked at her and then down at the plate. She ate one that wasn’t burnt too much “it tastes good” she smiled at her.

 

Taeyeon shrugged “I doubt that…”

 

Minah went up to kiss her lips. “see?” she smiled

 

Taeyeon her lips and chuckled. “it has a very interesting taste…”

 

“like what?” she smirked

 

“hmmmm…” taeyeon pretended to think “I can’t quite tell…” she rubbed her chin taking a glance at the girl.

 

minah caressed her face and kissed her a couple of more times “how about now?”

 

taeyeon smiled. “it tastes kind of sweet…” she chuckled “kind of weird for burnt sausage, don’t you think?”

 

“yeah, it is a bit weird” minah smiled back at the girl, letting her go. “but you should cook a few more…I don’t think they want burnt sausage after a night of drinking”

 

“you’re probably right about that” taeyeon stopped looking at minah and went to her freezer to bring out a new batch of sausages.

 

Minah looked at the counter and saw ingredients that she hasn’t cooked yet. “how come you haven’t started on those?” she pointed to the eggs and grated potatoes.

 

“Oh, I want to use the sausage fat to cook those. It adds a bit more flavor to them”

 

“oh…” minah took a charred piece of sausage and unknowingly ate it. “bleh!” she immediately ran to the trashcan spitting out the extra charred sausage.

 

taeyeon looked back and saw that minah was spitting into the trashcan. “you okay?”

 

minah stuck out her tongue not liking the taste “yeah, that one was burnt to a crisp”

 

taeyeon started laughing seeing black spots on her tongue and grabbed a glass from the cabinet to get her some water “here”

 

“thank you” minah drank the glass of water and smiled at taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon started laughing again and minah didn’t know why.

 

“why you laughing now?” she was somewhat annoyed.

 

“you still got little bits of the burnt pieces on your teeth” she tried her hardest to not laugh a lot.

 

Minah was trying to act mad, but failed “stop…” she giggled a little.

 

Taeyeon stopped and went back to making sure she doesn’t burn the new sausages.

 

Minah drank another gulp of water and went up to taeyeon showing her teeth. “is that better?”

 

taeyeon took a glance “yup! I just see your pearly whites now”

 

“okay, good!” she rested her head on taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“good morning!” Yoona walked in rubbing her left eye.

 

Taeyeon and minah looked back and stepped away from each other now that they were greeted by another presence.

 

“morning” taeyeon said paying her attention to the food that she is cooking.

 

“good morning Yoona” minah smiled.

 

she laughed “it smells like you guys burnt some food in here”

 

taeyeon laughed “yeah, an incident happened upstairs and I kind of forgot about the sausage” she looked at minah mischievously smiling.

 

Minah shoved her knowing to what she was referring too.

 

“oh” Yoona giggled not caring about what she said and went to the plate of burnt sausages “what a waste” she nodded in disappointment

 

“you can always eat them Yoona” taeyeon said with her back to her.

 

“nah, they don’t look like they’re edible” Yoona pushed the plate away from her.

 

“they aren’t…” minah said with a disgusted face.

 

Yoona chuckled and sat down “why did you eat some?”

 

“yeah, they’re burnt to a crisp” she drank another sip of water to wash down the remaining burnt pieces down. “the worst thing I have eaten in a long time”

 

“it tasted fine to me…” taeyeon said casually placing the nicely cooked sausages on a clean plate and was about to start cooking the scrambled eggs and hash browns.

 

“taeyeon, you burnt them really bad?” minah said oddly confused.

 

“not the one I tasted” taeyeon threw minah a little wink.

 

Minah cheeks turned into a hint of red. “oh, that one…” she smiled “I think that was the only one that tasted good.”

 

Yoona is kind of lost in their conversation and weirded out a bit at the two smiling to each other. “uh…taeyeon?”

 

“yeah?”

 

“how much longer do you think it will take you to finish cooking the rest?”

 

she scratched her head. “like a few more minutes. Why? Can’t wait to eat?” she laughed

 

Yoona rolled her eyes “no, so I can wake up everyone so they can eat”

 

Minah looked at taeyeon still feeling somewhat embarrassed at the incident that happened earlier.

 

Taeyeon glanced at minah and saw she was playing with her hands. “just let them wake up when they wake up, don’t bother them. It’s still pretty early in the morning.”

 

Yoona looked at the time and it was 11, almost 12 in the afternoon. “it’s pretty late for it to be still early in the morning”

 

“we stopped partying at 3 this morning, I think people are still tired even at this time Yoona.”

 

Yoona had to admit that she does have a point. “you’re right…”

 

Just as they were talking about waking the others, that’s when everyone started to come down into the kitchen. The three girls had woken up from their slumber, one of them wanted to bury themselves in a deep hole.

 

“morning guys” sunny sat by Yoona.

 

“morning” krystal sat on the other side of Yoona.

 

Jessica just walked in quietly and sat down not making eye contact with anyone.

 

“oh” taeyeon turned around and saw that everyone was up “morning. It’s almost done” she pointed to the food with her cooking utensil.

 

Jessica looked up and saw that minah was playing with her hand awkwardly next to taeyeon by the stove. She could see she wasn’t the only one embarrassed about earlier. She tucked some strands of her hair in the back of her ear. “morning…” she gave her an awkward smile.

 

“oh” she got up off the counter and stood up straight as a board. “uh morning Jessica”

 

taeyeon looked at the two and chuckled a bit, the ious incident was still funny to her. She went back to cooking the food, making sure it didn’t burn.

 

Minah glanced at taeyeon when she heard her and shoved her playfully. She then covered her face with her hands.

 

Taeyeon stopped what she was doing and removed minah’s hands “peek-a-boo!” she put on her dorky smile.

 

Minah was laughing at taeyeon suddenly acting like child and taeyeon then joined her.

 

Jessica stopped looking in their direction because of the two interacting reminded her of what a huge mistake she made. She started to talk to her sister, sunny, and Yoona to get her mind off of them.

 

Taeyeon brought the foods on serving plates so they can just grab with they want and put it on their plate to eat. “it’s ready”

 

Minah came in with the plates

 

“oh” taeyeon grabbed the plates from minah “you shouldn’t be doing that. Sit down” she didn’t want minah to do anything because she is a guest in her house.

 

“it’s fine” she grabbed the plates back and passed them out to everyone, along with eating utensils.

 

Taeyeon just watched her. Boy, she is very independent… she has always been a er for girls that were independent so the attraction for minah went through the roof.

 

Minah finally sat down and taeyeon followed sitting next to her. Everyone started to eat and converse about last night’s party, laughing about all the funny incidents that happened.

 

“taeyeon…” sunny called out her name while grabbing some food. “I heard a noise from your room this morning?”

 

taeyeon stopped eating and look at minah and then Jessica. “huh…really?” she shrugged her shoulders. “I didn’t hear anything?” she continued to eat acting like it didn’t happen at all.

 

“really?” sunny sat there. “well I guess I was just hearing things then” she continued to eat her food.

 

Minah and Jessica made eye contact with each other; they were both relieved that taeyeon didn’t mention anything about what happened this morning.

 

“are you still drunk sunny?” taeyeon asked her jokingly.

 

“you know, I think I might be?” she played along taking another bite of her food finishing off her plate. “well, I’ll do the dishes” she got up to bring her plate to the sink.

 

“thank you sunny, I didn’t make too much of a mess for you in there” taeyeon smiled.

 

Yoona and krystal followed sunny into the kitchen with their plates as well.

 

Taeyeon turned to minah who was there with an empty plate. “you ready?”

 

“oh, yeah” she grabbed taeyeon’s plate to put on top of hers and bring it to sunny.

 

“thank you minah” she looked at her walking away and then all there was left was just Jessica at the table. Taeyeon saw that her arms were shivering. “are you cold Jessica?”

 

she gestured with her hand “no, I’m fine” she picked up her plate and went to put it in the sink with the rest.

 

Taeyeon got up to walk upstairs to her room to get Jessica her sweater for her to wear. She grabbed it and was about to walk out when minah came in.

 

“I came to get my shoes.” She grabbed her shoes and headed out the door with taeyeon downstairs.

 

“I’ll meet you in the car” taeyeon left minah and went over to Jessica who was sitting on the couch with her sister. “here”

 

Jessica looked back with taeyeon giving her a sweater. She grabbed it and smiled trying to give it back. “I said I was fine.”

 

“well I already brought it down so just wear it” she smiled while she gave it to her again. She looked up at Yoona and slowly started to walk backwards to the door as she spoke “I’m going to drop minah off at her place, I’ll be back in a bit”

 

“okay” yoona nodded

 

Jessica put on the sweater and smelled the sweet scent of taeyeon trying to be discreet as possible about it while smiling to herself.

 

Krystal saw that her sister had brightened up a bit more after taeyeon gave her sweater, she liked seeing that Jessica again.

 

Jessica broke from her thoughts realizing that krystal’s eyes were on her. “what?”

 

“nothing…” krystal smirked and got up to sit by Yoona on the other couch leaving Jessica by herself.

 

Jessica didn’t want to be around the two knowing that they need alone time. She got up and decided to go help Sunny with the dishes. “you need help with those?”

 

Sunny looked at where the voice came from and saw Jessica, she smiled and said coolly “you know that’s taeyeon’s favorite sweater you’re wearing…”

 

Jessica looked at the sweater that was on her “really?”

 

“yeah. Did she give it to you?”

 

“just to wear…”

 

sunny went back to washing the dishes “well I’m almost finished, so I’m okay”

 

“are you sure?”

 

“yeah, I’m sure. you can go in the living room and hang out with Yoona and your sister.”

 

“nah, they need alone time” she leaned on the counter next to sunny.

 

“are those two together?” she asked curiously

 

“no, but I know that my sister likes Yoona” she crossed her arms.

 

“hmmm…well then.” She thought for a moment. “you can wipe the counters for me.” she handed her an extra rag.

 

While Jessica was wiping the counters and the kitchen table Sunny spoke to her again. “I’m surprised that you’re letting your sister do that in front of you…”

 

“doing what?”

 

“trying to get Yoona. Most siblings would be protective of their younger sister from dating someone a bit older than them”

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulders “I don’t think I need to worry that much”

 

“why not?”

 

“I trust my sister’s judgment and most importantly, I trust Yoona with her no matter four year age difference between them. She seems like a good kid so I don’t really mind much”

 

“she is a good person jessica and I’m glad that you trust my best friend with your sister”

 

“yeah” Jessica sighed “and you can trust me with yours…” she said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

 

“we’re talking about taeyeon right?”

 

Jessica nodded and chuckled “who else would I be talking about?”

 

“I’m just messin’.” She laughed a bit.

 

Jessica knew she was, but she was just really hard on herself. “I feel bad for just putting her through so much when were aren’t even together…and now she’s with minah. Gah! I’m so stupid.”

 

sunny stopped doing the dishes and faced jessica. “Jessica” she sighed “that thing with minah won’t last that long”

 

“how do you know?”

 

“because I just know.” Sunny knows for a fact that taeyeon is a er for girls like minah. She knows the thing between the two is just plain and simple attraction. “you’ll see, watch…” she went back to doing the last of the dishes.

 

Jessica felt Sunny spoke her words with such confidence and was surprised that those word reassured her that her pursuit in taeyeon is going to be worth it in the end.

 

----

 

Tuesday

 

Taeyeon was dressed up in her best chef uniform ready to show her stuff to the head chef. She was nervous as hell! Come on taeyeon, just think positive and you will do great. She walked into the establishment and was greeted by a few waiters preparing the place for the incoming day of customers.

 

“can we help you with something?”

 

taeyeon was so nervous she could barely talk. “I, uh, I’m here for the pastry chef position”

 

“oh, well they’re in the kitchen in the back” he pointed the way to the back.

 

She bowed at the guy and started walking. With each step she felt like time was slowing down. She started mumbling to herself “you can do this, just get in there and do your best…” she walked in the doors and saw the head chef.

 

The head chef saw her walk in. “taeyeon right?”

 

Taeyeon looked at him “hello chef” she greeted him respectfully.

 

“you ready?”

 

“yes chef I am ready”

 

the head chef saw that she was nervous “okay, come this way.” the walked to a table prepared with ingredients for two different types of desserts. “usually, we make others prepare 5 dessert dishes, but my friend was your chef instructor and said nothing but good things about you”

 

“you know chef Sooyoung?”

 

“yes, her and a few other of my chef friends teach at some of the universities around here. I asked around if they had you in their class, chef Sooyoung praise you at her star pupil”

 

“I thought she hated me?” she chuckled

 

the head chef chuckled “she’s hard on those who impressed her the most and you were one of those people”

 

taeyeon was surprised “wow”

 

“well today you will be preparing me a soufflé and a layered cake with whatever toppings and fillings of your choice and you will be making the icing from scratch.”

 

“yes chef” taeyeon rolled up the sleeves of her chef coat and got started.

 

After an hour and 30 minutes taeyeon was done preparing the desserts that the head chef had asked for her to prepare. She presented it to him a chocolate soufflé and a white apple layered cake with a green apple filling and icing, toped with a drizzle of caramel on the icing.

 

She was nervous as the chef took bites of the desserts that she has made. She watch his facial expression after tasting them, she couldn’t read them at all because his facial expression was neutral.

 

“hm…” he hummed and got up from his seat and faced taeyeon and reached his hand out. “you start on Friday night”

 

taeyeon exhaled a big breath of relief. “thank you chef” she shook his hand.

 

“just get a black chef coat and you’ll be all set to work on Friday” he smiled. “see you then.”

 

Taeyeon bowed “have a good day chef” and left outside. She was jumping in total jubilation of getting this pastry job at a 5 star restaurant. She excitedly ran to her car and drove to minah’s apartment.

 

She knocked on the door excitedly waiting for the girl to open it.

 

“oh taeyeon?” minah opened the door surprised to see taeyeon there.

 

Taeyeon went and hugged her “I got the job!”

 

Minah broke away “you did?!” she hugged her even more tightly “congratulations!”

 

“thank you” she embraced her even more.

 

Minah laughed “why you thanking me?”

 

“because you took me there and introduced me to the head chef” she let go of minah and just smiled at her. “I really couldn’t have done this without you!”

 

minah smiled at taeyeon’s accomplishment “I didn’t do anything, you got the job based on your skill. YOU got the job” minah went in for a kiss.

 

Taeyeon didn’t resist the sudden action of minah and just went with it. After a few minutes they broke free.

 

“want to come inside?” minah spoke while still a bit out of breath.

 

“yeah” taeyeon smiled and continued to kiss her inside closing the door of her apartment.

 

(you can imagine the next scene yourselves, I can’t write that into detail because I respect taeyeon too much. please understand)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

another update! haha. i realized that drunk me writes better than sober me with a few miss spelled words haha. well i hope you enjoy the update and if you don't well...sorry to disappoint :/

thank your for new subscriber, readers, and thank you for the comments! enjoy your week and i might update again a few more times until sunday (or monday for some of you people) :D