Redemption

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

A/N: geez i felt like a created a lynch mob against taeyeon. haha. i hope she can redeem herself though this update guys! :)

----

 

Thursday Afternoon

 

Jessica was riding a taxi to yuri’s place once she got out of class. she knocked on the girl’s door and patiently waited for it to open.

 

“hey Jessica” yuri went to hug and give her a kiss but Jessica avoided it. She was finding it strange.

 

“hi yuri” she waved taking a step back from her. “I came here to talk”

 

“oh. Well come in” she opened the door gesturing for her to come inside.

 

Jessica walked in, she was actually quite nervous. “I’m going to make this quick”

 

Yuri was sensing that some thing bad was about to happen and gave her a suspicious look. “go on…”

 

“I don’t think we should see each other anymore.”

 

For yuri, Jessica was being too blunt about it. “wow…that’s it?” she dramatically sat down on her couch while Jessica remained standing. She scoffed “you’re really telling me this?”

 

“yuri, I’m sorry…” she played with her hands.

 

“After giving my best effort to get you back, this is what I get in return?” she got up and headed toward Jessica.

 

Jessica feeling very uncomfortable with yuri right now, she backed up until the door stopped her.

 

Yuri invaded her personal space “we can make this work Jessica, I know we can. Don’t give up on me” she tried to hold her hands but Jessica pulled hers back.

 

“no yuri, we can’t make this work…” she was feeling frighten being cornered like this by yuri.

 

the girl was feeling hurt, but feeling mostly anger at this point. She started to forcibly kiss her.

 

“don’t yuri” she shoved her off but yuri came at her again gripping her wrists “stop yuri, you’re starting to hurt me”

 

“does this not feel good to you anymore?” she rested her forehead on jessica’s and began to kiss her again.

 

Jessica loosened yuri’s grip on her and slapped her hard in the face. She was going to walk out the door when yuri grabbed her and shoved her to the wall with force. Her body slid down the wall sitting onto the floor feeling very scared right at the moment.

 

Yuri hit the wall in anger scaring Jessica and making her tremble even more. “get out now before I do something else.” she didn’t look at her.

 

Jessica got up as fast as she could and ran out the door. She was crying while she was running any where that was away from yuri. She ran until she reached an ally by a café. She rested her body on the wall and started crying harder, still trembling from experiencing that side of yuri.

 

She brought out her phone and started to call the first person that came to her mind. The first try she didn’t answer she dialed one last time before resorting to her last resort, her sister.

 

----

 

taeyeon was hanging out at minah’s waiting for her to finish getting ready to go out to eat. “hurry up or else we’ll be late” she screamed from the living room couch bored out of her mind waiting.

 

“I’m trying” she heard minah scream from her room.

 

Taeyeon heard her phone go off and went to reach into her jean pockets but it wasn’t there. It was still ringing and she was trying to find it quickly before the other person gets sent to voicemail. She couldn’t find it and it stopped ringing.

 

She got up from the couch and checked her jacket pockets still looking for it. Her phone started ringing again and it was in the couch. Taeyeon frantically searched for it, she knew it was going to stop again soon. She finally found it between the cushions and answered it not looking at who was calling. “hello?”

 

“taeyeon?”

 

she heard Jessica with a shaky voice “Jessica?” she was getting worried. “are you okay?”

 

“can you, uh, can you come and get me?”

 

taeyeon could tell something was wrong by how her voice was breaking. “yeah, where you at?”

 

“I’m by some café on XXXX and XXXX. Taeyeon, don’t tell anyone and don’t tell my sister alright?”

 

“okay, I won’t. Don’t leave there, I’ll be there as quick as I can”

 

“okay…”

 

when Jessica hung up taeyeon went into minah’s room. “hey, I gotta go”

 

minah looked at taeyeon weirdly because she was getting mad at her for not getting ready fast enough and now she has to leave. “I thought we were having dinner tonight?”

 

“uh, yeah. They, uh, my work called me in” taeyeon didn’t know why she gave that lame lie to minah because she just started last week and today is her day off. “I have to go”

 

“okay.” Minah was suspicious of taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon walked out quickly leaving minah.

 

Minah knew there was something she wasn’t saying and because she left without kissing her. Something is going on… She grabbed her keys and went to go and follow taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon drove as fast as she could to get to Jessica, she didn’t like the feeling she got when Jessica called her. I hope she’s okay… She kept saying that in her mind until she got the where Jessica told her she’d be.

 

She ran into the café desperately looking for the girl. Everyone was staring at her like she was a crazy person, but taeyeon didn’t care. She’s just worried about Jessica; she grabbed her hair in frustration because she wasn’t inside. She ran outside hoping to see her out here. “Jessica?” she yelled as loud as she could. “Jessica!”

 

Minah drove up near where taeyeon’s car was parked. She was looking for her, she didn’t see her but she hear a familiar name getting called. She looked in that direction and saw taeyeon yelling with her hands. Why is she here and why is she calling Jessica? Minah didn’t bother to go and ask what was going on and decided to keep watching.

 

“Jessica?!” she yelled again out of breath. She then heard footsteps running towards, she felt a warm embrace. Taeyeon held her in front of her to check and see if she was okay “what’s wrong?”

 

Jessica didn’t say anything and just hugged her again crying hard.

 

Taeyeon just comforted her until she can calm down to ask her again. She started to rub her back to sooth her but Jessica jumped at taeyeon’s sudden action.

 

“it hurts right there…” Jessica said as clearly as she could.

 

Taeyeon heard her. Did someone physically abuse her? “what happened?”

 

“I-I-I-I-I” Jessica was still having a hard time since she was still crying.

 

Taeyeon was patient with her and started to gently rub jessica’s arm. “take a deep breath”

 

Jessica did as she was told and taeyeon did the breathing exercise with her. She finally started to calm down.

 

“now what happened?”

 

“I-I-I went to yuri’s to go break it off with her and she…” Jessica started to tear up again. “she uh, she tried to kiss me, I told her to stop but she didn’t. she held my wrist and started to grip tighter. I told her to stop” she took another deep breath “she didn’t, so I slapped her and as I was about to walk out and she grabbed me…” her voice cracked and used what felt like her last breath trying to say the last part of her sentence. “she pushed me to the wall and told me to get out before she does something else…” she started to cry again.

 

Taeyeon’s blood was suddenly boiling. “where does she live?”

 

Jessica heard the sudden change in taeyeon’s voice after she told her what yuri did. “taeyeon you shouldn’t-“

 

“where does she live jessica?” taeyeon said so coldly yet so calmly even though she was furious.

 

Jessica felt a chill go up her spine “just right there”

 

Taeyeon looked at where she was pointing and saw that there was an apartment complex not to far from here. “come on” she walked Jessica to the car and let her sit inside while putting her seat belt on for her. She closed the door and got in on the driver’s side and drove to yuri’s apartment complex.

 

“come with me” taeyeon got out of the car and opened jessica’s door. “which one does she live in?”

 

Jessica just walked to yuri’s apartment door with taeyeon following. “it-it’s this one”

 

Taeyeon pulled Jessica and put her behind her to knock on the door.

 

Yuri opened the door seeing taeyeon and Jessica standing there. “wha-“

 

Taeyeon didn’t let her finish speaking and punched her in the face making yuri fall onto the floor. Taeyeon went and picked her up, locking yuri’s arm behind her back forcing her up on a wall. “I want you to apologize to Jessica”

 

“what? why?”

 

taeyeon grabbed her thumb and started to it pull backwards slowly with force.

 

Yuri started hitting the wall because of the slow pain that taeyeon was creating just by pulling her thumb. “ah!” she smacked the wall one more time “I’m sorry Jessica. I’m sorry for doing that to you!” she screamed.

 

Taeyeon went up to yuri’s ear to threaten her “if you ever go near her again, you’ll see I can do a lot worse” she let go and grabbed jessica’s hand gently walking out to her car.

 

Yuri fell to the ground holding her thumb.

 

Taeyeon didn’t say a word and sat Jessica down in the car putting the seat belt on for her again. She was silently driving to drop Jessica off at her house, still angry about what yuri did to her. She looked over at Jessica and saw that she was sleeping but her body was really tense.

 

She grabbed jessica’s hand with her right leaving her left hand still controlling the steering wheel. She slowly started to caress Jessica’s hand and took another glance away from the road to look at Jessica. She saw that the girl’s body slowly started to relax little by little.

 

Taeyeon kept holding her hand until she got to jessica’s house. Jessica was still asleep so taeyeon decided to carry her inside. She knocked a few times on the door hoping krystal would be home.

 

“taey-jessica?!” her sister said when she saw taeyeon carrying her sister.

 

Taeyeon said softly not trying to wake up the girl. “she’s sleeping, shh…”

 

Krystal covered and let her come inside. She closed the door.

 

Minah drove up into the driveway of Jessica house seeing taeyeon going inside while holding Jessica bridal style. She was mad, not only because taeyeon lied to her, but also seeing how taeyeon was more caring with Jessica. She got out of her car and knocked rapidly on the door. As soon as the door was opening, minah just barged in “where’s taeyeon?”

 

Krystal was startled at minah sudden appearance. “she’s bringing Jessica upstairs? What are you doing here?”

 

“I don’t need to tell you.” She walked upstairs with a fast pace

 

krystal was getting mad at minah and followed her “I didn’t say you could go up there”

 

minah didn’t bother to listen to her and went into jessica’s room. She stopped and saw taeyeon brushing jessica’s hair away from her face. She went up to taeyeon and started to slap her body.

 

Taeyeon jerked away from someone suddenly hitting her. “minah?” she was blocking the girls hits “minah stop”

 

Krystal pulled minah away and brought her back downstairs. “what the hell are you doing?” the younger finally let her go.

 

“it’s between me and taeyeon” she looked up and saw taeyeon coming down the stairs. She ran up to her and slapped her in the face a few more times.

 

Taeyeon finally grabbed her wrist, not wanting to get hit again. “stop!”

 

“why did you lie to me” minah broke away again and started to hit taeyeon’s chest.

 

“Jessica was almost physically abused by someone and she called me so I went to go get her” she held her wrist again stopping her.

 

krystal looked at taeyeon after hearing that.

 

“don’t lie to me!” she shoved her away “don’t you lie to me!”

 

taeyeon was getting tired of this “I’m not lying!” she finally snapped.

 

Minah stopped yelling seeing how angry taeyeon was getting.

 

“I would not lie, sure I did when I went to go get her but she didn’t want anyone to know!” she combed her fingers through her hair “that’s the only reason why I lied to you”

 

minah went up to taeyeon and was going to touch her, but taeyeon pushed her hand away. “I’m sorry I didn’t know” she tried again.

 

Taeyeon stepped back. “don’t touch me right now”

 

Minah tried again and denied what the girl told her to do “I said I’m sorr-“

 

“don’t. we’re done”

 

minah eyes widen at the words that came out of taeyeon. “why-why are you saying that? You’re just talking nonsense right now right?”

 

“I’m serious” taeyeon looked at her.

 

“why?”

 

taeyeon was amazed that minah wasn’t getting the hint.

 

“I said I was sorry”

 

“go home minah!” taeyeon’s tone of voice was harsh.

 

Minah backed off and left.

 

After minah left out the door Krystal went up to taeyeon and touched her face. She saw welts of minah handprints on both sides of taeyeon’s face. “you okay?”

 

“yeah” she removed krystal’s hands from where she was hit because it still stung.

 

After a brief silence Krystal spoke “now what happened to jessica.”

 

“yuri put her hands on her” taeyeon said not want to say it again.

 

“she what?” krystal blood started to boil like taeyeon’s earlier. “I’m going to hurt her so bad”

 

“I already did” taeyeon said making krystal look at her surprised. “I made sure she doesn’t bother Jessica again too”

 

krystal stood there seeing a whole new side of taeyeon. “well uh thank you I guess…?”

 

taeyeon looked around “you mind if stay here tonight? I can sleep on the couch.”

 

“yeah, I’ll get you a blanket”

 

taeyeon sat on the couch in the living room waiting for krystal to come back. She was feeling exhausted after everything that has happened today. She laid down and closed her eyes falling asleep instantly.

 

Krystal came back downstairs and sees taeyeon isn’t around any more. “did she leave?” krystal looked around and finally saw her asleep on the couch with her shoes still on. She laughed a little bit and took off the girl’s shoes placing the blanket on the sleeping girl.

 

She retreated to her room seeing that both her sister and taeyeon need rest from today.

 

----

 

Jessica opened her eyes seeing that she was in her own room again. She got up and went into her sister’s room without knocking.

 

Krystal looked up and saw that her sister was still awake this late at night. She ran up to her and hugged her tightly.

 

Jessica did the same, she guess that taeyeon told her what happened.

 

After a few minutes after them hugging they broke away from each other.

 

“are you okay jess?”

 

Jessica nodded “where’s taeyeon? Did she go home?”

 

“oh no, she’s downstairs sleeping on the couch”

 

Jessica looked out krystal’s door. “oh okay” she was relieved that taeyeon didn’t leave yet.

 

“jess” krystal called her softly

 

“hmm?” she hummed.

 

“minah came here”

 

“what?” Jessica was a little shocked to hear that “she doesn’t know where we live?”

 

“that’s what I thought too but I guess she followed taeyeon here”

 

“why did she do that?”

 

“I don’t know? I guess she though taeyeon was cheating on her with you”

 

Jessica sat on krystal’s bed taking in all this information that happened while she was asleep.

 

“she just came into a house like a crazy woman and went up to your room and started to hit taeyeon”

 

jessica’s head looked at krystal.

 

“I brought her back downstairs and that’s when taeyeon came down and she just started slapping taeyeon’s face. She got mad and told her why she was with you and then she broke up with her”

 

“what?” Jessica was shocked to hear that part.

 

“I know right.” Krystal sat down next to her sister

 

“they broke up?”

 

“yeah, minah kept trying to touch taeyeon telling her she was sorry but taeyeon just kept backing away and finally told her to go home”

 

“oh…” Jessica got up “I’m going back to sleep, you should get some sleep too…” she walked out of krystal room and closed the door. She went downstairs and saw taeyeon soundly asleep.

 

She went near the couch and crawled in with taeyeon. Jessica gently ran her hand over where taeyeon was slapped and kissed the welts. Taeyeon embraces her naturally as she is still sleeping. Jessica flinched again because taeyeon pressed a little too hard on where she hit the wall.

 

Taeyeon stirred from her sleep from Jessica flinching. She opened her eyes still squinting “oh, Jessica” she saw that her arms were wrapped around the girl. “did I hurt your back?” she let go.

 

“just a little bit” she smiled “but it’s okay” she sat up and grabbed taeyeon’s hand. “You can sleep in my room.”

 

Taeyeon tried to refuse “no, I’m fine on the couch”

 

“that couch is for sitting, not sleeping. It will hurt your body in the morning”

 

taeyeon did feel that her back was hurting a bit from taking a little snooze on there. “it’s fine Jessica”

 

“no…” Jessica stopped walking and turned to taeyeon “just sleep with me tonight okay?”

 

taeyeon looked at Jessica and then at her hands. She saw there were bruise marks around Jessica wrist from yuri’s grip. She looked up again at jessica’s pleading eyes. “okay…” she followed the girl and layed down on her bed with her.

 

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around her making sure not to touch the area that still hurts on jessica’s back.

 

Jessica felt protected in taeyeon’s embrace. She like this feeling again even under the circumstances.

 

“good night sica…” taeyeon dooze off to sleep again.

 

Jessica smiled because that was the first time that taeyeon has called her that. “night taengoo” she cooed before closing her eyes to sleep too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

did she redeem herself? haha. i couldn't sleep so i kept writing feeling the same as you guys with taeyeon when i re-read my last update. i hope you enjoy this one again!

thanks for new readers, subscibers, and thank you for the comments you leave. you don't know how much it helps me write. :)