Sunshine

A Life A Little Less Ordinary

Taeyeon woke up with the bed sheet covering her bare body, she was about to use it to cover herself but then she remember that Jessica was still sleeping next to her. No, no…please tell me I just imagined last night. She got up and went into the room closet to put on one of the robes.

 

She started to whisper to herself. “I didn’t want it to happen like that…” she looked through her bag for some clothes to put on so she could go get coffee and breakfast for the both of them. “she should be waking up soon.”

 

She slipped out of the room unnoticed by the sleeping beauty on the bed. When she stepped out of the room, she looked both ways down the hall and went to the elevator. Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh waiting for the elevator doors to close. “you know what you were doing last night Taeyeon, you knew and yet…” she closed her eyes and pursed her lips “you still did it.” She leaned a rested her back on the walls.

 

“did what?” a voice interrupted her thought process. She knew who to voice belong to, but she didn’t respond and kept her eyes closed.

 

“I wish these doors closed faster”

 

“it’s my lucky day or else I would have to wait a couple more minutes waiting for another” she just gave her a small smirk.

 

The elevator doors finally closed and they started their descend down to the lobby floor. The atmosphere was silent as Taeyeon just kept shut.

 

Hara huffed air out of , which blew some hair out of her face. “so did you and Jessica have fun with that bottle last night?”

 

“…”

 

Ding

 

Taeyeon walked out of the doors first and hara followed her out. “you getting some food too?”

 

“…”

 

“because I was about to go get some also” she looked at her. “mind if I join you?”

 

“actually yeah, I do” she kept facing forward walking to the resorts café.

 

“still?”

 

“that answer is never going to change no matter how many time you ask hara.” She stopped and looked at her real quick. “now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go get breakfast” she left hara behind and got her and jessica’s breakfast.

 

Hara didn’t listen and followed her because she really did come down to get food for herself.

 

Taeyeon still felt her presents and she was waiting in line with her. “what are you still doing here?”

 

“I gotta eat too you know”

 

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders and waited for her order.

 

“orders 10 and 11” the lady behind the counter announced.

 

Taeyeon grabbed her order and in the corner of her eye she saw hara grab the other order. “thank you” she looked at the lady “have a good day” she walked to the elevator again leaving hara way behind her. Damn these doors hurry before she comes! She pressed the button trying to make the doors close faster.

 

“thank you for waiting” hara came in and smiled at her.

 

Taeyeon gave a not so very happy look when the doors closed when hara got in. “now you close” she huffed.

 

Hara looked at her and she saw Taeyeon had her hands full and gave a little smirk. Her hands are very preoccupied. Hara took this as her chance to do something very daring for someone else, but for her it was just because she wanted to. No second thoughts, she just locked her lips with taeyeon’s and she realizes she has been missing those lips for years. All those years without them, no one else compared with the lips that were on hers right this instant.

 

Taeyeon hastily broke away and move from the girl with cat-like reflexes. “what the are you doing?” Taeyeon walked backwards until her back hit a wall.

 

“just what I’ve been missing.” She smiled and closed in on Taeyeon. “don’t tell me you didn’t miss that feeling too”

 

Ding

 

Once the doors opened, Taeyeon bolted out of there. “you’re wrong”

 

“hmm?” she slowly walked out and face Taeyeon.

 

“it’s nothing compared to jessica’s. Now stop trying, you’re never going to have me back and you need to deal with that and move on because the next time I see you I won’t be so friendly.”

 

“you know I’ll never stop”

 

“well in that case, just know that I’ll never love you like that again”

 

----

 

Jessica started to wake up, rubbing her eyes because a little gleam of sunlight broke through a little crack in the curtain in their room. She looked beside her and saw taeyeon’s side was empty. “I wonder where she went?”

 

She sat up and stretched her body. She brought the bed sheet and wrapped it around her body and walked up to open the curtains. She squinted her eyes at the brightness “ah, my eyes” she said still a little groggy.

 

The door’s handle turned and revealed the girl she loves with a drink tray of coffee and a bag of what she presumed was food.

 

“oh, you’re up” the girl looked at her wide eyed as she carefully closed the door and placed the coffee and food on the table where their unfinished game from last night still resides. “did you uh, did you sleep okay?” she sheepishly said

 

“yeah I did” Jessica is kind seeing that Taeyeon isn’t really making eye contact with her and finding it odd.

 

“well I got us some coffee and some breakfast sandwiches” she started to clear the cards and shot glasses off the table.

 

Jessica sat down still keeping an eye on her taengoo. “is something bothering you?”

 

“…”

 

“something is bothering you, I can tell”

 

she sat down and sighed. “there are actually a few things that are bothering me…”

 

Jessica sipped her coffee before putting it down and speaking again. “and what are they?”

 

“first…” she paused “but wait, don’t get mad or freak out okay?”

 

“why would I get mad?”

 

“just promise you won’t okay?”

 

Jessica just nodded.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath. “hara is here, and I knew it since last night but I didn’t want to ruin our vacation. I know it was wrong of me to keep this from you…”

 

Jessica didn’t show any type emotion on her face and kept it neutral.

 

“and uh…just a while ago when I was coming back from getting breakfast…she uh…she uh kissed me in the elevator.” She looked down with guilt and look up slowly to meet jessica’s gaze and boy was she scared.

 

Jessica was like a bull and saw nothing but red. That in’ ! She tried to stay calm, but she couldn’t help but show her emotion on her face.

 

“I pulled away and stopped it” she looked down at the table, disgusted with herself. “I-I just-ugh!” she screamed.

 

Jessica looked at Taeyeon and can see how sorry she is along with how mad she is at herself.

 

“this whole weekend is ruined…I’m sorry we couldn’t have a drama free vacation…” Taeyeon let her head rest on the table with her arms covering her. “ahh!” she let out her last burst of frustration out.

 

Jessica grabbed whatever hand was in reach and caressed it. “Taeyeon…”

 

Taeyeon looked up teary eyed at Jessica.

 

“aw, baby” she lightly chuckled and patted her head. “at least you’re being honest with me right now.” She smiled at Taeyeon. “let’s not let that horrible girl ruin this weekend okay?”

 

“you’re okay with it?” Taeyeon wasn’t sure if Jessica could take in what she had just told her.

 

“I’m not okay with it, but I’m okay with it because you told me the truth and I take your word for it”

 

“really?”

 

“yes really…” she got a glance at the cards and shot glasses that Taeyeon put on the dresser. “last night game was fun…” she gave a shy smile.

 

Taeyeon thought about that and she had a frown on her face a bit. “about that…”

 

The blonde looked at Taeyeon confused.

 

“I’m sorry that I got carried away last night”

 

“huh?”

 

“I feel like I took advantage of you because you were drunk and I didn’t want that to happen that way…”

 

Jessica giggled. “Taeyeon, I knew what I was doing. The shots just gave me some liquid courage to actually follow through with it.”

 

Now Taeyeon was confused.

 

“I have always wanted to further our relationship by taking it to the next step and the reason I never did was because I didn’t think you would like a promiscuous girl.”

 

“you’re talking to a person that you called a byuntae so I think I would’ve been okay with a little promiscuity” Taeyeon laughed. “and you’re not promiscuous, you’re just human and you have needs like I do.”

 

“and you’re human too Taeyeon and you didn’t take advantage of me because well I wanted to do it too.” She cupped the older girl’s cheeks “and I wouldn’t change last night for the world Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon grabbed one of jessica’s hands and kissed it. “I wouldn’t either, but it’s just I didn’t want to happen because we were drinking, I wanted it to be romantic…”

 

Jessica pinched her left cheek “you’re just so cute my taengoo”

 

“ow…” she giggled.

 

“it would’ve been amazing either way” she got up and sat on taeyeon’s lap. “now, quit moping about it and let’s enjoy our last night here and have fun okay?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “okay, love” she then gave her some pecks on her cheek and went up to jessica’s ear “I love you…just know that no matter what” Taeyeon then looked at Jessica and she gave her a smile in response.

 

“I love you too and don’t forget that also” Jessica smiled ear to ear. “now what’s planned for today?”

 

“ohhh!” Taeyeon put on an excited face. “my plans don’t continue until later tonight…so it’s up to you what you want to do until” she looked at her watch. “…9 o’clock tonight”

 

“what are we doing tonight?”

 

“I’m not going to tell you.” She gave her a mischievous grin.

 

“come on! Just a hint!” she pleaded in her best puppy dog eyes. “please…”

 

“there is paint involved”

 

“pottery?”

 

she shook her head no.

 

“art gallery?”

 

“nope”

 

“are we going to vandalize some walls with spray paint?”

 

“no” she took a sip of her coffee.

 

“oh come on, tell me!”

 

“you’ll see tonight okay?” she put her cup on the table. “now what do you want to do for the rest of the day?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello lovelies! sorry I promised to update more frequently and i haven't because i have a job so i can pay for my fall term classes and also i've been seeing this girl and she has been taking most of my time. sorry, not sorry :}  haha i well hope you are not disappointed and that you enjoy the little update! and i will try to update as fast as i can :)

thank you new readers, silent readers, new subscribers and of course thank you to the users that leave comments! have a lovely week! :)