Confusing Feelings

All this Time

Dara: Ugh! this is so annoying!Can we just go home and cancel everything that we have planned?! I'm no longer in the mood to try this clubbing thing!

Chaerin: Oh C'mon unnie. We've already been through this!

Dara: As far as I know, I'm not a kid anymore. I can take care of myself and I had you girls to take care of me.

Bom: Dara-ah, they are just worried.

Dara: This is ridiculous! And here I am thinking that I'm going to have fun today but it's ruined. I feel so...so imprisoned! Ugh!

Minzy: I understand that Jiyong-oppa and Top-oppa are worried with you,unnie, but do they really have to come with us here?

Dara: I don't really know how to answer that Mingkki. When I told them that I'm going to the mall to buy clothes for tonight, they just invited themselves to join us! They told me that they have to make sure you that I'm not going to wear anything so revealing.

Bom: Aish! Just don't let those boy ruin our day out. Just go through the racks and check if you see something you wanna wear tonight, neh?

Dara: neh.

 

Just then , Jiyong and Top went near to the girls, with Youngbae, Daesung ,and Seungri following behind laughing so hard. Jiyong was holding a dress on his hand.

 

Jiyong: Yah! Dara-ah, I think this'll suit you! Wear this tonight!(handed Dara the outfit both Top and him has agreed on)

 

Dara and the girls looked at the dress then to Jiyong and Top then back to the dress. They were giving them the are-you-freaking-serious look to the two of them. Who wouldn't!?  The dress was nothing but a plain black dress which was a turtleneck and had long sleeves. The dress was too long. It was horrible! That dress shouldn't even been made in the first place!

 

Dara: yah! Do you want me to look like I'm going to a halloween party, dimwit?!

Top: What's wrong with this? This is good. It's not revealing.

Bom: Yeah, and probably the whole Seoul will be covered with that mess.

 

This earned a burst of laughter to them ,excluding Jiyong, Top and Dara of course.

Jiyong: Just buy this and wear it tonignt.

 

Dara: Ugh! That's it! This is really getting out of hand, Ji! Why are you doing this? Can't you see I'm already so so drowned with the attention!

 

Everyone stopped laughing. And angry Dara sure mean bad news.

 

Jiyong: Dara, I..I'm jsut trying to pro--

Dara: What?Protect me?1 Oh c'mon please! That's what I've been hearing from you and trust me! You're not protecting me! You're chocking me, Ji! (she let out a heavy sigh) You know what? Screw this. Screw everything . You guys can go clubbing tonight. I'm not going to go with you. I'm no longer in the mood.

 

With that, Dara walked out of the store. Everyone remained quiet. Chaerin was the first to recover.

 

Chaerin: Uhm. We're just going to follow,unnie.

Chaerin and Minzy went out and before Bom went out of the store..

 

Bom: You went overboard ,Ji.

 

--------

The boys were inside a restaurant having lunch . Jiyong was just looking at the food . Clearly,he's still thinking about what Dara said. The other four boys noticed this and they wouldn't dare open their mouth  especially seeing Jiyong on this state. Top cleared his throat.

 

Top: Ji , eat your food. You need strength if you're going to aplogize to that rabbit.

 

The other three boys chuckled with this. They know that even though Top's words were mant as a joke,  he meant it. He's her brother so he knows Dara well.

 

Jiyong: Did I really go too far?

 

That made the others shut up.

 

Youngbae: If you'll ask me, I think you did.

 

Daesung and Seungri looked at Youngbae like he said the most sinful thing.

 

Youngbae: What ? It's better if we tell him the truth than lie. He was way overboard.

Top: Youngbae is right, Ji. My sister is stubborn and she never and I mean never bow down to anyone except if she knows that she's wrong. But now, I know and we all know that you owe her an apology. but I tell you , It's not going to be easy.

Jiyong: What do you mean , hyung?

Top:  During one of our family vacation,we all went to the US  .We were at the beach. Sanghyun said something that offended Dara. It took Sanghyun 2 months for Dara to forgive him. And to think he is our brother. That's why I always have a mental note not to piss her off too much. It's hard for me you know.I'm his older brother and I always make rules and restrictions . It's a surprise she even understand me when I tell her not to do things. Maybe she knows I'm doing it for her. But that was so long ago. Dara was 15 that time. That was the only time I saw her mad.

Daesung: It's a different situation with you , Top-hyung. You're her brother, older brother to be exact . So she knows you would only want the best for her.

Top:  I guess your right.

Jiyong: So what am I going to do,then?

Top: I dont' know.

Seungri: Just say sorry , hyung and tell her why you're acting that way. I'm sure noona will understand.

Jiyong: I was just.. I'm just afraid that something might happen to her while I'm not around. I'm not going to be around her every time. I just want her to be safe.

Youngbae: Then why don't you just attach a hidden camera around her if you want to know if she's always safe?

Jiyong: can I do that??

 

Top smacked Jiyong's head.

 

Top: Aisht! You're hopeless, Ji.

 ----------------------------------

 

Dara was way beyond pissed. She understands that Jiyong  was just worried about her but he went overboard this time. She felt like he doesn't trust her at all

'Pft! What? Am I that clumsy that I can't take casre of myself?! What's with going to a club?! Aisht! That's dimwit! Dara thought.

 

She actually directly went home after she walked out from the gang. She knew it was rude but she just coudn't go back and apoligize. That would be funny. She was on the pool side with her sketchbook on the table. She was staring at the face of the man she sketched. She was looking on the face of the man. Perfect. No matter which part of her face she looks at, it's still perfect for her. Not that she's great at sketching but the man, whether be on the sketch or in real life , he is perfect in her eyes. She let out a heavy sigh and a small smile painted on her lips. 'Aigoo. What are you doing to me? I'm supposed to be mad at you right now but why do I feel like I shouldn't? Why do I feel a bit giddy when you overreact with such petty things. Am I really this in love with you? Are you really this important to me that I can't even stay mad at you even for a day, Ji?'

 

She just laughed.

 

Dara: Aigoo. Why am I talking to a drawing. I look stupid. Yah! (talking to the sketch)Don't look at me like that ,Kwon! You better be worth all this pain or I'll kill you.

 

------------------------------------

" Who are you talking to?"

 

Dara stiffened hearing the familiar voice. Crap.  She thought. She immediately closed the sketchbook and sighed heavily before turning her head to see the person. She prayed to all the Gods that her ears were just betraying her, but it didn't. She was right. In front of her was a gorgeous man with a bouquet of tulips on his left hand and  big pink teddy bear he was trying to carry on  his right hand. Who wouldn't melt on that sight?

 

Dara: No one!  What are you doing here? I'm still not in the mood to talk to you.

 

Jiyong just pouted and creased his eyebrows. Dara almost ran to him and hugged him .He looked so cute. She bit her lips and restrained herself. Play hard to get,Dara. Don't make it easy for this jerk. Teach him a lesson. She thought.

 

Dara:What do you need? (She turned her back to Jiyong. If she wouldn't be able to control herself. She'll easily forgive Jiyong if she keeps staring at him.)

 

Jiyong bit his lips. Here goes nothing. He though.t. He went closer to where Dara was and instead of seating on the other seat he bent down to level Dara who was sitting.She looked at him with a questioning look. He smiled sweetly.

 

Jiyong: Dara-yah. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I just wanted to make sure you're always okay. These are fo you.Forgive me please? (handed the pink bear and the flowers)

 

Dara accepted the flowers and the bear. She tried her best to hide her happiness.

 

Dara: So you think I'll forgive you because of these?

Jiyong: Aniyo. That rat just suggested this .The others agreed. I didn't know how to apologize to you. I'm sorry already Dara-yah. Please don't get mad at me. It hurts to know you hate me right now.

Dara: Jiyong we always hated each other. You should get used with me hating you.

Jiyong: But..but...That was before. It's different now. You know that. (scratched the back of his head and pouted)

Dara: aisht! Don't do that! (Why is acting cute bnow? Is he doing this on purpose?!)

Jiyong: Do what?

Dara: Never mind!

Jiyong: So are you accepting my apologies now?

Dara: No.

Jiyong: Dara-yah I'm sorry already. Please?

Dara:Stop whining like a baby, Ji.  It's not like your life depended on this.

Jiyong: But it does.

Dara: Don't sweet talk on me. Your charms won't work on me, idiot.

Jiyong:So I have charms now?

Dara: Ji, I'm serious here.

Jiyong:(let out a deep sigh) Fine. I'l leave you to think about this. But I just want you to know that I don't mean to hurt you. That's the last thing I would want to do.

Dara: Ji.. I..just..Just give me time. Okay?

Jiyong: Neh. I'll see you in school tomorrow.

Dara: About that. uhm...can we not talk for a while. Like..uhm ..Can you give me a little space?

 

Jiyong flinched with this. HELL NO.That was what Jiyong wanted to say but he stopped himself because he knew Dara needed time. He just let out a sigh and nodded .He doesn't like any of this. He stood up and left. he didn't even say a word. He's mad but not to Dara but to himself. STUPID JIYONG. WHAT NOW?

 

Jiyong is almost at the door on his way out of the house when he felt  soft arms around his waist.He stiffened.

 

Dara: I'm sorry ,Ji. Please try to understand me. Please be patient with me. I just want to think about things .Let's not rush things. I don't want you to only think of me . Think of yourself as well. Please give me time to think things through.

 

Jiyong released a deep sigh and turned to face Dara. He held Dara's cheeks. They were looking intensely to each other's eyes.

 

Jiyong: I'm sorry, Dara. I understand. I'll give you the time you need. I can even give you forever and I'll still wait.

He kissed her forehead and looked at her eyes before he left .

 

Please wait for me ,Ji. Please be patient,Ji.

 

--------------------------------------------

Bom: You did what?!

 

 The three girls jumped on the be when bom didn't hesitate to shout. Cleary she was shocked ...and mad..and mad...and did I say mad?

 

Dara: You don't have to shout ,Bom. I'm just here in front of you. I can clearly hear you,you know.

Bom: Oh, I know, dear. I just want to wake your senses up! Oh, c'mon ,Dara! You're not being fair to my cousin.He's waited long enough for you!

Dara: You don't understand Bom. Lately, he's been focusing his attention to me. I want him to think of himself as well.

Bom:Tsik. You're right . I don't understand you at all. And maybe,you don't deserve Ji at all.

 

Then Bom walked out.

CL: Unnie, Bom unnie didn't really meant that. She was just shocked.

Dara: It's fine. I think she's righ.t I dont' deserve Jiyong .

Minzy: Don't say that unnie. I pretty sure Bom unnie is just hurt. You know he loves his cousin and he treats him like his own brother. But she didn't really mean that...sort of..I mean..

Dara: It's okay Mingki..You don't need to say anything that'll make me feel better. I mean I did this to myself. I deserve hearing those words from her.I don't hate her.

CL: Let's just let her calm down. I know Jiyong oppa will make her understand.Besides, she can't stay mad to any of us especially you. You're her ssantokki. We're sisters from different mothers  for crying out loud!

Dara and Minzy juat giggled. Right. I'm her Ssantokki and she's my corn monster. She's my sister from another monther. She'll understand me,Dara told herself.

 

--------------------------

 

Going to school the next days was never been hard for Dara. Well, today was an exemption. First ,she doesn't know if Bom is still mad at her. She texted her last night and waited for her reply but she didn't. She tried to call her but she didn't answer. Then, there's Kwon Jiyong. The man she had been waiting for but it turned out that people thought she shooed her away ..just like what she always do. She only hopes Jiyong understands why she's doing this. She let out a sigh. After looking at the mirror one last time, she went to the kitchen to join her brother for breakfast.

 

Top was already eating his breakfast when he heard the maids greeting Dara. He just stared at her for a second and focused back on his food. Dara felt her heart is being pinched. She and Top never had a fight or even a serious misunderstanding..well, aside from the silly petty fights, they never had this type of cold treatment. She sat to her usual seat and thanked the maid after she placed the food on her table. She stared at it for while. Checking it like it's her first time seeing it.  She was in deep thought.

 

Top noticed it and cleared his throat making Dara flinch. Top still didn't look at her.

 

Top: You need to eat.

Dara: I don't have the appetite. I'm sorry ,oppa. I'll go ahead.

 

But before she left the  kitchen ,she stopped the door . Without looking back at Top...

 

Dara: I'm sorry for disappointing you ,oppa. I know you understnad me.

Top:  Yes, I do. But aren't you being so selfish, Dara?What if Jiyong realizes that he's just wasted his time on you? What will you do? Why do I even ask you this? You don't even care for the guy at all. At least have the courage to tell him on his face that you don't like him at all rather than making him wait.

With that, Top stood up and walked pass through her. Dara froze from where she is and suddenly, tears started running through her cheeks. She let out a bitter smile and wiped the tears running down her eyes.

 

Im sorry for hurting you this much, Ji.

 

-------------------

Dara just finished her class. She decided to go to the only place she could find peace. .. under the Big Oak tree She seated under big oak tree, her back resting at the big trunk. She was staring in front of the river. She grabbed the sketchbook and looked for the page where she sketched Jiyong.She touched his face gently and a small smile was painted on her face. She released a deep sigh,looked up with her eyes closed.

 

"They say that you can shut your eyes for the things you don't want to see. But you can never shut your heart to stop it from feeling the things you don't want to feel."

 

Hearing this,  Dara opened her eyes and immediately turned her head to were she heard the voice. She was shocked. Bom was standing there and smiling down at her. Bom took steps to sit beside Dara.

 

Bom:Ssantokki, I'm sorry about last night. I was just mad.. You know Jiyong is like a brother to me. I'm just kinda hurt because I've known how he feels about you.

 

Bom hugged Dara. Dara smiled and looked at Bom after they released from the hug.

 

Dara: Aisht! Such a cry baby! I understand, Bommie. You don't need to say sorry and what you said last night were all true.

Bom: Aisht! Don't be like that. I was just mad and you know me when I'm mad.

Dara: kekeke. I was just playing with you. You hungry?

Bom: Not really.

Dara: Even if I tell you that I'll treat you with corn?

Bom: Ka-ja! What are you waiting for?! Let's go to the canteen!!

Dara: You are such a corn monster.

 

Dara and Bom happily walked in to the cafetteria to have their snacks while waiting for their next class. There were a few students inside. Dara and Bom fell in line where Bom usually buys her corn. Bom was happily waiting for her corn while Dara was roaming around her eyes to look for a table where they can seat.Then a group of boys and girls caught her attention. She usually doesn't mind it but when she saw Jiyong with the Varisty team (excluding Top) and the other cheerleaders (excluding Chaerin and Minzy) her heart felt cold. Her eyes were glued to where Jyong is at.He looked happy. He is happy. They were laughing at something with the others. She was supposed to be happy seeing him that his back to his normal state.. being a douche bag . But she somehow felt pain..What's even worse is that, there's was a girl sitting  next to him . She doesn't know who she is but she doesn't need to know her name to know that she's flirting with him and he's letting her!

 

Tsch...What a way to move on huh.. I thought you loved me? And here I see you flirting around.Tsch..you love me huh. ..idiot. Dara thought.

 

Bom:Tokki..What are you---Oh my God!! That idiot! I'm going to skin him alive!

 

Bom was about to attack Jiyong and the girl but Dara stopped her.

 

Dara: There's no need, Bommie.I decided on this and I should just face its consequences.

Bom: Wait what? You're not even together and he's already cheating on you!

Dara: Let him be. Let's just go. We're not even together. He can do whatever he wants. Ka-ja! Don't you want to devour on your corn already? kekeke

Bom: I'd be happier if you'll let me beat that dragon and that  cheerleader. I'll tell Chaerin about this and I swear I'll tell her to let that girl suffer! Chae's the new captain anyway. She'll be able to let the girls do anything she wants! kekeke

Dara: Aisht! Just let them be. I..I just want to get away from here. Please?

Bom: tsik. Fine. Arraso.

 

They were on their way out when Dara bumped into someone...

 

Dara: Mianhe! I wasn't looking where I was going.

Top: Are you okay, sis?

Dara: oh--oppa. Yes I'm fine.

Top: You look like you're about to ..wait..are you going to cry?

Dara:Ani. Why would I do that?

Top: Well, you like your about to cry. What's wrong with you?

Dara: Nothing. We have to go ,oppa. (Dara walked ahead leaving Bom behind)

Top: Hey ,Bom.

Bom: Oh..yeah. Hi.uhm! Bye! (But before Bom could run away, Top held her shoulders)

Top: Are you okay?

Bom: Neh. I--I um ..I'm fine.

Top: Is Dara alright?

Bom: (Bom's face darkened. Her eyes looked like she's ready to kill.) Well, you can check it for yourself why she's weird today. Go ask your friend over there .Oh and tell him I'll kill him when he comes home later. Annyeong.

 

 Top creased his forehead and went to where the boys are. He just smiled when he saw Jiyong sitting beside Yoona.

 

Jiyong: Hyung ,what are you smiling about?

Top: nothing. I just figured something out. And oh.. Bom said she's going to kill you when you get back home.

Jiyong: eh? what did I do now?

Top: Well she and my stubborn little sister just saw you flirting around.No big deal. Right?

Jiyong: Wait. Wha-what!?I swear I'm gonna die early!

Taeyang: Relax, Ji. but isn't it a good thing ,though?

Jiyong: What's good about Dara seeing me with another girl ?! She's going to think I'm not trustworthy!

Taeyang: You got a point there but what I'm trying to say is that ,Dara might have been jealous. Bom noona won't get mad at you if Dara was fine seeing you with another girl.

Seungri: If Dara noona was jealous then....

Daesung: it means..she likes Jiyong back?

Top: Aweeee..I'm so proud of you guys! You hit the jackpot!You're not a bunch of idiots afterall!

Jiyong: she....likes....me??

Top: I know ,bro.. Don't get so overwhelmeed by it. She still thinks you're a jerk.. an Unfaithful jerk..

Jiyong: aisht! now I'm confused!