Secrets and Lies,Unfolding the Ties

All this Time

A week has passed and Yoona still can’t think of another way on how to ruin Dara. She was inside a coffee shop. She was staring blankly outside; she was lost on her moment. She sat straight when she noticed that someone took the seat in front of her. She rolled her eyes when she found out who it was. She stared outside again.

Yoona: What do you want? I told you to never show yourself to me again.

 

She picked up her cup and drank her latte.

 

“It’s been years since we last saw each other. I would’ve thought you’ve already forgiven me. Don’t you think destiny is really trying hard to have us meet like this?”

 

 Yoona chuckled and put down her cup. She met his eyes.

 

Yoona: Oh please. Don’t use that stupid line on me. You should’ve acted like you don’t know me. I would have pretended that I don’t know you if I see you first.

 

 “Yoona, whatever happened in the past, I’m sorry. I…I never meant to hurt you.” Yoona: Really now? And what makes you think I’m still bothered with the past? “You can’t lie to me. I can’t see it in your eyes.”

 

 Yoona: So what are you now, a mind reader or something? Look, you’re taking my time and I hate to waste my time on something not worth it. If you’ll excuse me, I have to attend to important matters.

 

She stood up but he stood up as well and grabbed her wrist. She glared at him but she waited for him to talk. There was sadness in his eyes. She knew why but she didn’t wait any longer for him to voice it out. Coward. She thought.

 

He loosened his hold and let go of her wrist. She started to take a few steps but stopped when he heard him speak again.

 

“How is she?”

 

Somehow, that made her smile but there’s no way in hell that she’ll let him see her smile. Without turning her head, she spoke.

 

 Yoona: You have your guards follow us everywhere we go. You even left 5 of your men monitor her when she’s in school. I’m sure you know how she’s doing.

 

She continued to walk away after that but she was not able to stop the tears from her eyes. She’s really bad in forgetting people. If only she can easily forget about everything… if only she can easily forgive and let go...if only it’s easy to move on… everything would’ve gone smoothly. She would never be in this situation anymore. But for her, easily giving forgiveness is a sign of being weak and that’s one thing that she isn’t and she promises to never be weak and to prove that, she has to do something she has been preparing to do. She picked up her phone and called that person she has wanted to meet all her life.

 

--------------------

 

Mr. Park came in the restaurant; he tried to look for the person that called him a while ago. He wouldn’t have met this person if only she didn’t mention Dara. When she recognized the girl he was looking for, he went to where she was seated and sat down on the sit in front of her.

 

Mr. Park: What do you want to talk about Dara, Miss Im? My time is precious. I am a busy man.

 

Yoona snickered and looked at him with so much hatred.

 

Yoona: for a busy person like you, you sure have the time to spare for your beloved princess, huh?

Mr. Park: What do you want, Miss Im?

Yoona: Calm down, Mr. Park. We have all the time in the world. And if I were in your position, I would not demand anything. You owe me, Mr. Park.

Mr. Park: Pardon me?

Yoona: You heard me alright. You owe me. Your daughter owes me a lot.

Mr. Park: How much? I’ll pay for it. Just don’t waste my time and don’t hurt my daughter.

Yoona: Aweeee….You must really love your daughter. But, I’m sorry to say this to you that what she owes me can never be paid by any amount of money. She owes me my life. My identity.

 Mr. Park: What are you talking about?

Yoona: Im Min-Jun. Does that name ring a bell to you?

Mr. Park stiffened after hearing the name. Yoona knows that he now has a clue.

Yoona: I’m pretty sure you know her, Mr. Park so I don’t have you remind you who she is. I am her daughter. Or should I say your daughter with her.

Mr. Park was left without words. He was more than shocked on the revelation.

Yoona:  Do you need me to prove everything to you, Mr. Park. I’m sorry, I mean dad? Well, I know you’re going to ask for that so I have this. (Placed an envelope on the table.)Inside that folder is the result for our DNA tests. If you don’t believe that, we can do it again and again. A million times even. I am sure nothing will change with the result. I can explain to you where I got your blood sample if you’d like, daddy.

Mr. Park: Yoona…

Yoona: Oh please, don’t give me that reaction. I expected you to go mad at me and shout at me! Don’t show me that fake emotions right now! I heard you when you denied me! You disowned me! You only wanted Dara as your daughter! You never even bothered seeing me or knowing me! And for that I will ruin your beloved princess! She will pay for everything! I’ll make her pay and I’ll make sure that she’ll feel the pain of having to lose everything!

 

Yoona then brushed her cheeks with her hands. She felt so angry seeing him. She stood up and never waited for him to speak. But she didn’t miss the words that he spoke when she stood up.

 

Mr. Park: I’m sorry, my daughter.

 

It felt so sincere and somehow it made her soften. It made satisfied and somehow she thought of ending everything that was part of her plan. But no, never would she surrender. She was never a quitter.

 

Yoona: Yes. You should be sorry.

 

She said, before she walked out leaving her father still in a state of shock.

-----

Yoona was walking so fast that she wasn’t paying any more attention to where she was going. Then, she bumped into someone.

Yoona: Mianhe.

 

She was about to leave when the man held her shoulder that it made her look at the person.

 

 Yoona: You again.

Seunggi: We should stop meeting like this, Yoona.

Yoona: Yes, and that means stay away from me and my daughter.

Seunggi: Yoona, please. Wait..are you…are you crying?

Yoona: I …

Yoona was about to answer when they both heard Mr. Park call her.

Yoona: Please take me somewhere far from here.

 

He felt that she was helpless so he nodded and led her to his car and drove off.

 

Seunggi took Yoona to his house. They were currently on his study room. He approached her and held water in front of her.

Seunggi: Here. Drink water first. It’ll help you relax.

Yoona just took it and drank. She then placed it on the small table.

Yoona: I’m sorry if I asked you this favor. I just don’t want to see him.

Seunggi sighed and sat beside her.

Seunggi: hey it’s okay. You know I’ll do anything for you, right.

Yoona: and please don’t take this as if this is a sign of us being okay. We still aren’t.

Seunggi: Yoona—

Yoona: Please. Can you ask your driver to take me home? I’m tired.

Seunggi: you can stay here. This is your home, too.

Yoona: Don’t push it, will you? I want to go home. My daughter’s waiting for me.

Seunggi If you want we can have my men pick up our---

Yoona: She isn’t your daughter! How many times do I have to tell you that?!Look,  I was in trouble a while ago and I owe you a favor for taking me away from there but could you just please drive me home?

Seunggi sighed in defeat.

Seunggi: Arraso. But you can’t run away from me always. You can’t hide the truth, Yoona. I know she is my daughter.

Yoona: And who are you to say that? Stop insisting .She isn’t. She’s a Kwon. She was born a Kwon

Seunggi knows that this is not the best time to talk to her with this so he let it pass and drove her home.  They are now in front of her house. Nobody was talking .She was about to get out of the car when Seunggi spoke.

 

Seunggi: Yoona, please stop all of this. This will just hurt you.

Yoona: And since when did you start caring for me? You only care about your money.

Seunggi: I was….

Yoona: you were what? Seunggi, I don’t need your explanation. What happened in the past can never be undone. Please. Stop following us and forget us. Forget me.

She then hurriedly went out of the car while he closed his eyes and then opened it after a few minutes.

Seunggi: Tell me how to forget you, Yoona ? Teach me how to forget you because I’ve never stop thinking about you. Not thinking about you is like not breathing at all.

Seunggi knows that Yoona is hiding something from him. He knew she won’t tell it to him but that won’t stop him from finding out about it. . He will know the truth.

He stared at the house one last time before he drove away.

 

 

 

----

Hey guys! Here I am again! So there’s another character from the past. Is it getting complicated already? Don’t worry, everything will be cleared. Please don’t leave me. This will almost end .huhuhuhuhu.I’m too hurt to finish this fic but everything in this world must come to an end. For now I hope you enjoy this chapter. Annyeong~~~! Take care! Mwuah! I love y’all! And i'm sorry for the short update.