A Second Chance for Our Romance?

All this Time

Dara: Yah! Jiyong-ah! Seriously now ,can you stop acting like a kid!

 

Dara is still trying to chase after Jiyong. She just noticed that they are now inside his house but Jiyong is still not talking to her. They reached the living room when Jiyong sat down . Dara released a deep sigh before speaking again. She is now standing in front of Jiyong. His face is still void with any emotions and she can't read what emotions his eyes had.

 

Dara: Really, Jiyong? What was that all about? You're such a kid! Grow up, will you?

 

Jiyong hissed before looking up at her. Dara took a step back when their eyes met. She knew he was pissed. It written all over his face now, He stood up.

 

Jiyong: And you really have no clue,huh?!  Why didn't think of checking your phone before you stepped out?! Where is your brain?! Did you forget it somewhere!?

Dara: Why the hell are you gonig ballistic over this?! Nothing happened to me so why are you so pissed?! I don't even know why you're acting like this right now.Geez.

Jiyong: Those guys were hitting on you and you're about to oblige. What are you, a single woman?!

Dara: Uh... yeah. Technically speaking, I am.

 

Jiyong stiffened and balled his fist. Damn. That hurt.

 

Dara:Whatever, Ji. If you wanted to stay like this fine. I'll leave you alone and go mad at me for all I care. I lived for how many years without you. It won't kill me if we don't speak again.

 

Dara was about to walk out of the house and go back to the beach when Jiyong spoke.

 

Jiyong: I'm sorry.

 

Dara stopped her steps.

 

Jiyong: I'm sorry. I just...I just got scared that something might have happened to you when I didn't see you here. It worsened when I saw those guys trying to lure you.

 

Dara's heart melted but she should contain the giddiness that she is feeling. Play hard to get, DaraGive this jerk a hard time.  She told herself. So she turned around and looked at Jiyong with a poker face.

 

Dara: Whatever. I don't get why you're so upset with that. And why do I feel like I'm the one that should explain to you? Have you forgotten that you should be the one that should please me?! And then you're blaming me why I went out without you?! Some guy you are.

 

Jiyong: Aisht! I told you if you could've checked your----

Dara: Please just tell me where you were! Is that so hard to do?

Jiyong: I went to get some grocery store t buy some extra food and some....stuff..

Dara:Eh? But the fridge is full.

Jiyong: You'll soon now what I bought.

Dara: Whatever.

Jiyong: So you want to go for a walk at the beach?

Dara: mmmm... I wanted to but now that you invited me, I changed my mind. I don't want to spend time with you.I'd rather die with boredom here.

 

Dara then took steps towards the kitchen.

 

Jiyong: Awwww c'mon, Dara-ahhh~~~~ (whining like a 6 year old)

Dara: You didn't just whine!

Jiyong: I did! (stomped his feet) C'mon let's go for a walk...puh-leaaaasssseeee...~~~~~

Dara: Don't do that.I swear Jisan is more mature than you right now.

 

Dara was just getting water from the fridge. And when she turned around,he saw Jiyong sitting on one of the stool chairs on the counter. His face was supported by his right hand and it looked like he was in deep thinking,She raised her eyebrow and looked at him.

 

Dara: Yah!

 

Jiyong: Dara...

Dara: What? (drank water)

Jiyong: What was Jisan like when he was younger?Was he an active kid? Does he get sick often? Is he funny? Smart? Does he give you headaches? Does he...does he ask about where I am?

 

Dara felt like her heart was pinched. She can't explain what she was feeling. She was happy that Jiyong was curious about Jisan but she was hurt as well knowing that he almost mised Jisan's childhood. Dara smiled at him and he smiled back.

 

Dara: Well, no matter how much I hate it, he was pretty much like you.  He is an inquisitive child and you coudln't even imagine where he gets his strange questions...and yes, he asks where you were...

Jiyong: What do you tell him?

Dara: That you're dead.

 

Dara then walked out and went outside..Jiyong followed her. She saw her sitting in the sand.jiyong can see that her eyes are full of sadness and pain...he took a deep breathe and gathered all his strength before sitting beside her. Dara sense his presence but she never looked at him. She just stared at nowhere feeling the breeze that touched her skin.

 

Jiyong: Do you hate me that much?(eyes are also staring at nowhere)

Dara:  Yes.

Jiyong:I'm sorry.

Dara: I know. I'm sorry,too.I'm sorry because it's not that easy to forgive you.

Jiyong: Did you regret choosing me,Dara?(now looking at her)

Dara:(smiled and met Jiyong's gaze) i'd like to think that I did but ...you taught me a lot and i'd like to think that it made me a better person and a stronger one,too. What I am now is because of the choices I have made...Only a weak person would blame another person for his/her misery.

 

Jiyong felt weak.

 

Jiyong: Can you still...can you still forgive me?

Dara: I don't know, Ji. I honestly don't know because I never even thought that I'll be back here is Korea so right now I can't answer that.

Jiyong: That's better that hearing you say no.

Dara: But please don't expect too much from me.

Jiyong: Do you still love me, Dara-ah?

 

There was silence for a few minutes. Both them are just staring at each other looking for answers in their eyes.

 

Dara: It's getting cold.I'll get inside.

 

Dara stood up and turned her back. She was about to get inside but froze when he felt Jiyong's strong arms imprisoning her into a tight embrace.She felt like the whole world froze with her and the walls that she built for years had been shattered. She felt her hot tears falling from her eyes but she fought the urge to make a sound....

 

Jiyong: I missed you. I love you and that never changed,Sandara.  From the day I left you, there's never been a single second that I stopped thinking about you.  God knows how much I wanted to be with you and how much I wanted to let you know that i'm miserable without you. I'm weak,Dara. I admit that. I am weak and  am nothing without you. Please...give me a chance to prove to you that I love you. It's  not yet too late for us to start again. Give me another chance ,Dara. I'm begging you.

 

Dara couldn't take it anymore. She cried and let everything out. Jiyong's hug tightened and hearing her cry was like having knives stab his heart repeatedly.After a few minutes. Dara stopped crying . She dried her tears with her hand and ghlet Jiyong's arm and forcefully untangled it . He was still facing his back when she broke the silence.

 

Dara:I'm tired ,Ji. I'll go ahead and sleep. I expect that tomorrow we'll be leaving. I am not ready fro all this. I don't think I'll ever be.

 

She then ran inside and went to the bedroom while Jiyong stood still . His heart is once again torned into pieces. Why does it hurt so much? Why does it hurt more hearing it from her than not knowing it?  Jiyong asked himself. he was still standing still .It was just after a few second when he felt his tears flowing freely from his eyes. He never felt so defeated before. Come to think of it , tonight was supposed to be their first night for the surprises he prepared for Dara. But before he could even start, everything has ended and to make that matter worse, it was Dara who ended everything. Could he blame her for doing giving up, losing hope and for letting go? Could he blame her if she fell out of love?

 He kneelt down. His knees were as weak as his heart now. He shouted desperately and more tears fell from his eyes. Heaven might have felt his pain since the sky ,too,has cried. But Jiyong remained in his place. He didn't move.He jsut stared up at the sky trying to talk to SOMEONE above. Please.Change her mind. That's the last favor I'll be asking you.  He prayed.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dara heard Jiyong screamed. She felt a pange of guilt and she cried more. She sat down her back leaning the door. She curled and hugged her knees. How long will I be able to bear this pain? Do I deserve this ?Does Jisan deserve this type of family? Does Jiyong deserve this? How long will I be denying to myself that I still love him? Am I so cruel to him?  She had several questions to herself. She knew the answer to all of them but she jept shutting herself off. She wanted to give Jiyong another chance. Deep inside her she wished for them to have a second chand but why is it so hard to do? Why is she so scared that Jiyong might ruin her trust again?Is he worth it?God,help me.  Dara cried more.

-------------

After an allmost 2 hours of crying ,Dara got up and fixed herself. She went to the bathrrom and took a quick shower and changed. Jiyong never went inside the room and she also isn't sure if he went inside the house. She can't help it but she felt worried. She gathered all the courage she had and went downstairs to check on him. She saw him in the living room.He was drinking .He was sitting on the floorand his back was resting on the feet of the big sofa. he was staring straight while drinking. She was nearing him and stopped from a few inches from him. If she's not mistaken, she saw at least a dozen of empty cans of beers scattered near him and there's still another bundle on his other side. He has another can on his hand that's he's trying to finish.

 

Dara: Ji---Jiyong.

 

Jiyong looked back and when she saw Dara he just went back to drinking.Dara sighed and sat near him.

Dara: What are you doing? you've drank a lot.Stop it.

Jiyong: Tsik.i prepared something special for this night but it's ruined .Might as well drink until I die.

Dara: Ji, you're being silly. It's not yet the end of the world---

Jiyong: It is for me. you are my world.

 

Dara was left dumbfounded. You are maknig it so hard for me, Kwon.  She uttered to herself.

 

Dara: C'mon, Ji. Get up. It's time to rest.It's getting late and we have to leave tomorrow.

Jiyong: Dee..please..please love me again. (held Dara's wrist)

 

Jiyong started to cry. He felt so weak that he let go of Dara's wrist. Dara's tears were also threatening to fall. So inhaled deep to prevent the tears to fall.

 

Dara:Please don't beg like that. Don't make this hard for me..for the both of us. This is for Jisan..this is for the better, Jiyong. Please let me go.

Jiyong: You're asking for too much,Sandara. Don't do this to me. Please. This will kill me.

Dara:Please don't do this to me, Ji. Let me go. I...I can't do this.

 

Jiyong felt so defeated.

 

Jiyong: Go. take a rest. I'll sleep here. We'll leave the first thing tomorrow.

Dara: Ji..I..

jiyong: just sleep. I know you're tired. go to sleep. I'll be fine.

Dara: I... I'm sorry.

 

Sorry. That's all Dara could say and after that she went back to the bedroom..She lied on the bed but she was unable to sleep. Am I doing the right thing? Please give me a sign? Should I be ending this? do I really want him out of my life...forever? She was asking these questions repetitively until she fell asleep.

---------------------------

Dara woke up hearing the sound of the shower in the bathroom. She blinkd thrice and sat in the bed. Her eyes were heavy. The bathroom door opened and jiyong came out with a towel wrapped around his waist. his hair was still wet and drops of water were still falling down to his face and on his body.They looked at each other. Jiyong cleared his throat before speaking.

 

Jiyong: Hey. uhm... I'll just dress up and leave the room so you can prepare. I'll prepare the breakfast and then we'll leave.

Dara: Oh--okay.

 

When Jiyong left.,Dara's heart felt heavy. She let out a deep sigh before getting up and taking a shower.

 

 

Breakfast was awfully awkward.No one dared to speak. The only sound that can be heard were the utensils and whenever one of them clears their throat,other than that there's Nada. They also didn't looked at each other. It was like they were forbidden to look at each other.,

 

After a few minutes, Jiyong took their stuff and arranged them in the car. Dara was just standing in front of him. Looking at him while he was fixing their stuff. She was having an inner battle with herself. It's now or never. What will be her decision. She was very nervous. She was still busy fighting with herself, when Jiyong approached her.

 

Jiyong: Dara, we can go now.

 

Jiyong then turned around and walked towards the car.

 

Dara: Let's stay.

 

Jiyong stopped.He turned to look at Dara.

 

Jiyong: I'm soory. could you repeat what you said?

Dara: Let's stay. I want to stay.

Jiyong: Are you....

Dara:Uhm.. i mean .. I'll take this as a chance for me to rest and getaway from my busy life. You know, to uhm..have ..uhm... a time for myself. So.. just bring my stuff back inside the room.

 

She turned around to make sure that Jiyong won't see her blush. This better be worth it ,Kwon. She smiled inwardly as she walked back inside the house.

 

On the other hand, Jiyong was smiling widely like an idiot. He was dancing crazily and was jumping up and down. He can't believe it!!He will make sure that this will be worth it. He'll finally have the chance to set things right. Finally, a second chance to forever.

 

 

-------

I hope I made you happy. :))