Reality Bites ...Claiming Rights

All this Time


Dara: What did you just say?!

 

Dara almost dropped the tray the she was holding. They were all busy since the party has started and being the hosts of the party, they are also the ones serving drinks to the guests. Bom just told her abotu what happened on the Kwon mansion.

 

Bom: Geez, I'm just beside you ,Ddara, you don't need to shout.

Dara: Sorry. Maybe I just wanted to you know, maybe knock you through your senses! What if he finds out the truth?!

Bom: Calm down, tokki. I swear I didn't know he will be there, to.

Dara: Whatever.Just help me with this. We'll just do something if he insists about knowing the truth. But you should know that I'm already killing you in my mind.

Bom: Oh, shoot me.

Dara: I already did ,you corn monster, you.

Sanghyun: Noonas, can you please continue your chitchat later? We still have important tasks to do like serving the guests! Does that ring a bell to the two of you?1

Dara: Fine! Fine!

 

It has been a tradition every year that whenever there are parties at the mansion, they do all the things themselves. They feel more comfortable if they prepare everything on their own. The siblings doesn't mind it as well since they are used to doing chores ever since they were young.

 

Dara was in the middle of talking to some of the guests when she heard her mom calling her, She excused hersefl from the other guests and went to her parents. When she saw who were her parents were togetherm she froze fro a while and tried to compose herself and gave out a smile which was also responded by a heart-warming smile by the guests.

 

Dara: Auntie, Uncle. It's has been years. How have you been?(kissed and hugged the guests)

Mrs.Kwon: We have been doing good,Dara. How about you? You're still gorgeous as ever, child.

Dara: Thank you,auntie,I've been good these years.

Mr.Kwon: We've missed you,Dara-ah. Where were you all these years?

Dara: I was staying in the  Philippines,uncle. I have been there for almost 7 seven years now.

Mr. Kwon: That explains why we were not able to see you for a long time.

Dara:Deh.

Mrs. Kwon: And we heard from Bom that you have a handsome child already. How time flies so fast!

Mrs. Park: It sure does, Minyoung. jisan, is such a handsome child and he has brought happiness to us as well as Tomy. We are blessed with our grandchildren.

Mr. Park : Jiyong already has a child of his own ,is that right?

Mr. Kwon: deh. He does but we often see the child since the child's mother doesn't seem to bring the child to us whenever we are here in Korea. It's a shem we can't spend a lot of time with his child.

Mrs.Park: Oh, that is true. That's why we see to it the Jisan is spending his vacation with us so every chance we get, we ask Dara to bring Jisan here.

Mrs. Kwon: So where is this handsome young man we are talking about? I'm getting curious abotu him. I have heard a lot about him from Tomy.

 

Dara stiffened. Her parents doesn't know who Jisan's father as well. She never told them and they respected her decision. She felt trapped but she doesn't have a choice right now, right? So Dara just smiled in response and excused herself and went to look for her son. When she found her son ,he went back to where her parents were.

 

Dara: Auntie, Uncle, this is my son Jisan.Jisan-ah,say hello to halmeoni and harabeoji.


Jisan: Annyeong haseyo halmeoni and harabeoji. Jisan imnida.

Mrs. Kwon: Omo! You really are a handsome young man, Jisan-ah. Can you give halmeoni and harabeoji a kiss?

Jisan: Deh!

 

When the Kwons, leaned , Jisan then pecked their cheeks which earned delight to the two old Kwons.

 

Mr. Kwon: You are very lucky to have such smart and good -looking boy right here, Dara-ah.

Dara: Thank you,uncle.

Mrs. Kwon: But where is the lucky man that captured our Dara's heart and the father of Jisan?

 

Shoot me. Dara thought. she was caught right there and she sure doesn't know what to do except wish for a miracle. She was about to open but she was interuppted when Jisan shouted and ran towards a man.

 

Jisan: Appa!

Jisan ran towards Jiyong and hugged him. Jiyong welcomed Jisan's hugged and carried him as well. The little man then kissed him on the cheek.

Jisan: I mised you, appa!

Jiyong: I missed you ,too, son.

 

Dara was beyond mortified. She almost lost it right there.Jiyong was carrying Jisan and was coming their way.

Jiyong: Annyeong omma,appa. Uncle, auntie .Annyeong Dara-ah.

Mrs.Kwon: You're Jisan's appa, Jiyong-ah?

Jiyong smirked which made Dara feel more irritated. Jiyong sensd the tension between the two of them so he smiled at the elders.

 

Jiyong: Ani omma. Jisan and I met at the mansion the other day and he wanted to call me appa. I don't mind it really.

Mrs.Kwon: Oh I thought he was your son. You look quite alike now that I pay more attention to the two of you.

Jiyong: I could only wish that, omma. I've always wanted a family with Dara.

 

Dara hissed earning their attnetion .she just can't feel so pissed off. What the hell is he talking about now? Is he being sarcastic. Dara asked herself.

 

Dara: You really think I would believe that? After you left me on our wedding day? (Dara stiffened. Where the hell did that come from?! She mentally slapped herself)

Mr. Park: Well, I think its our queue to leave these two. They still have their unfinished business that they need to settle.

 

The elders started to leave the two together with Jisan.The two of them were in a staring battle. Dara was the first to recover

.

 

Dara: I don't think we still have to talk. I have no reasons to talk to you. (Turned her back when suddenly Jiyong held her wrist)

Jiyong: You can't always avoid me ,Dara. Sooner or later you have to face me.

Dara: yeah, and I choose later! So bye, Jiyong!

Jiyong: Stop being stubborn, will you?!

Dara: What do you want?!

Jiyong: Talk. I want us to talk.

Dara: Really?! After all these years now you wanted to talk?! How about NO!?!

Jiyong:Just....Just listen to me. I'm not asking for anything .I just want you to listen to me.

Dara: You don't deserve my time. Jiyong.You never really deserved me in the first place.

Jiyong: You...just ..please..give me the chance to explain to you.

Dara: Why?Why would I give you that? For years ,I have waited  for you to explain but you didn't. So why would I give you this chance?If you can't give me reasons ,Ji, then I won't talk to you.

 

Jiyong was speechless.

 

Dara:See? You can't even find any reasons. I have to go. It was nice seeing you again. And,please stay away from my son.


 

 


 Jiyong: You're still as stubborn as before.

Dara:What did you say?

Jiyong:I asked you nicely,Dara-ah but you won't listen. I guess I have to do it the hard way.

Dara: What are you talking about?!

 

Instead of answering ,Jiyong just sighed and looked for Top. Somhow the two of them just talekd using their eyes. top then gave Jiyong a smirk. Jiyong tooko it as an approval.

 

Jiyong: You're leaving me with no choice.

 

jiyong then carried Dara with her stomach on his shoulder!

Dara:You Jerk! Put me down this instance! I swear I'm gonna kill you!

Jiyong: Shut it,D or you're really gonig to get it.

Dara :How dare you threaten!(Dara and Jiyong passed by Top,Bom, Tomy, and Jisan) Yah! Top oppa! Help me !

Top:Sorry ,sis. You're on your own.

Dara: What the hell!

bom: mouth ,Dara. Kids are here.

Dara: Whatever.

Bom:Jisan-ah, say buh-bye to Omma! You ,too Tomy,say annyong to auntie Dara! kekeke

Tomy: Annyeong Auntie! Annyeong uncle!

Jisan: annyeong Omma, appa!Auntie, where is Jiyong appa taking my omma?

Bom: She's taking your omma back to reality. She's giving her a reality check.

Jisan:Eh?What does that mean?

Bom: (pinched Jisan's cheek)You're so cute.C'mon. I'm going to take you and Tomy for dessert!

 

Sanghyun then approached Hero. He was just standing in a corner looking at Jiyong's retreating back, carrying Dara on his shoulder.He tapped his shoulder making him look towards him.

 

Sanghyun:You okay, huyng?

Hero: I wish I could say I am.

Sanghyun: This is for the best,hyung.

Hero: I know.It's better if she faces it with Jiyong's help/ She's been running from it all these years.

Sanghyun: What if Dara noona decides to get back with Jiyong hyung?What are you going to do about it?

Hero:I always wanted to be the man to put back the smile that you once have seen on your sister. But I can never be that man and I have long accpeted it. I just kept on trying and I was still hopeful. I didn't regret doing that .I don't want to end up regretting something I haven't done. I want to see her happy and I know Jioyng is the only one eoh can bring back the life in her eyes again. They says that if you love someone, you have to do everything to make them happy and I'm doing that.

Sanghyun: Darn it. You really had it bad, hyung/

 

Hero just msmiled and ruffled Sanghyun's hair.

Sanghun: C'mon ,let's have a drink with Top hyung..Tonight's going to be a long night.

----------------------------------

Dara: Put me down, you jerk!

 

Jiyong still didn't budged so Dara continued to move.Jiyong then slapped her .

 

Dara: Why you!! you didn't just slap my **bleep**!

Jiyong: I jsut did and if you won't stop moving I'll do it again.

Dara: Ugh!!! You are so annoying!!!

 

When they reached Jiyong's car. He carefully opened the door,made sure that Dara was seated and fastened her seatbelt and slammed the door beofre going to the driver's seat.When he got in, he immediatly started the engine and stared driving.

 

Dara: Where the hell are you taking me,idiot?

Jiyong: Just sit right there and shut your mouth.

Dara: Ugh! God,I hate you!

Jiyong:Do you think I don't know that?

Dara:And you are annoying!!!Just get me back to my house! I don't want to be with you ! I hate yout! no! I have abhoryou!I loathe you!

 

Jiyong then pulled the brakes almost causing Dara to bump in front of the car if it wasb't for her seatbelt. She was shocked by Jiyong's sudden actions.She looked at him with death glares.

Dara:What was that all about! You could've have killed me for Christ's sake!

Jiyong: Look, I know you hate me and all that and I know that already! But could you jsut please shut up before I lose my patience with you?1 Geez! Is that so hard to keep your mouth shut or do you want me to do it for you?

Dara: Shutting up now.

Jiyong: Good.

 

Dara felt nervous when Jiyong said he's almsot losing his patience. He has seen him mad before and she doesn't want to see a mad Jiyong ever again. so she chose to shut . She kept staring outside the window looking at the view.The track that they were taking grew familiar to her and when she saw they were going,,her heartbeat kept beating so fast .Tears started to fall from her eyes.

 

Dara:Stop the car,Ji.

Jiyong: No,Dara.If we won'tdo this, then we'll be forever trap with this situation.

Dara: I said stop the car.

Jiyong: No.

Dara: Stop the freaking car!!

 

Jiyong stepped on the brakes. Silence was taking over.Dara then went out of the car and started to walk away ,Jiyong then went out and followed her and held her wrist.

 

Jiyong:What is your problem?!Why did you want to stop the car ?Do you really want to be trapped forever in our past?

Dara: traooed? I moved mountains to try to forget about it ,Jiyong! I even lost myself in the process. I had to create a new me just to survive! I'm a walking corpse for gooness sake! You took my life ,Ji. ou killed me the day you left me on the church. And now you're taking me back there? What did I ever do to you that you hurt me so much?! Are you a sadist or sometihg? Or is this a kind of a joke to you because this isn't funny.

 

Jiyong didn't say anything.He was hurting seeing Dara break into pieces in froth of ihm, what's even worse is that,  he's the reason behind it.He can't find the right words or if there are even right words to say in this kind of situation they have. He can't think of amything to do.

 

Dara:...and with a great man that you are, you can't even say a word. Great. How lucky can I get?

Jiyong: I'm ..I'm sorry, Dara.

Dara: Don't.Don't say that because you're not sorry. You did it because that's what you wanted to do.You didn't trust me .You had the nerve to doubt me. You lied to me and you didn't even trust me!

Jiyong: I'm sorry for being a coward. I'm sorry.

Dara: Stop apologizing. You're making me feel so disgusted with you.

Jiyong: Dara, I love you.

Dara: Are you seriously saying this to get out of the situation? C'mon, you wanted us to talk so let's talk!

JIyong: I'm telling you the thruth/

Dara" And waht? What do you want me to say after that? That I still love you,too? That we can be one happy family?! I'd rather die, Jiyong.

Jiyong: I'd do everytying to get you back.

Dara:And now you decide to do that? After years, this is the only time you've thought of this? You're impossible.

Jiyong: I'm willing to do anything ,DAra. Anytihng.To set things right.

Dara: That's impossible. There's nothing you can do to set things rigt. Oh yeah. There's one thing you can do. Leave us. Don't even show yourself again. If you do that, I'll forgive you, Jiyong.I'll forget everything about you, about us.

Jiyong: Don't do this to me, D.You know this won't end anything.

Dara: It will. for me it will.

Jiyong: don't lie to yourself.

Dra: What do you know about me?! Stop assuming about things.

Jiyong: I want to make things right Dara. For you and for Jisan.

Dara:You have nothing to do with Jisan!Stay away from him! For 6 years ,Ji, I raised him without you! I was a mother and a father to him! We don't need you!

Jiyong: Are...are you saying that Jisan is my son?

 

Dara fell silent .Her face was pale and there are no colors on her face.She stayed silet which made Jiyong even more nervous. She held her wrist tighter.

 

Jiyong: ANWER ME ,DARA! IS HE MY SON?!

Dara:YES! YES! JISAN IS YOUR SON!