The Truth is Out, Are you still going to Doubt?

All this Time

Seunggi: So Mr. Kwon, I’ve heard that there have been some problems with your family lately?

 

Seunggi asked Jiyong when he noticed that everyone from the board meeting have left the room. Jiyong and his family are business partners and as an only child as well, like Jiyong, he has to take care of his father’s position. Jiyong and he have known each other ever since they were little. They were good friends but he never told Jiyong about Yoona. Jiyong never knew that Seunggi and Yoona knew each other.

 

Jiyong leaned on his chair.

 

Jiyong: C’mon, Seunggi, it’s just the two of us, you can drop the formalities.

 

Seunggi just chuckled and took the sit nearest Jiyong’s.

 

Seunggi: So? You want to talk about it? I’m all ears, man.

Jiyong:  It’s about Yoona and Dara…and this DNA test result coming out this weekend. I’ve tried to live normally but nothing seems to be normal again.

Seunggi: Woah! So you mean Yoona agreed to have Jiyoon take the test?

Jiyong: At first she didn’t ..but when Dara told her that she’ll also have Jisan take it, she agreed.

Seunggi: Shouldn’t that make you happy? I mean that’s what you’ve wanted to do right?

Jiyong: Yes, but what will happen after the result? What if Jiyoon is not my real daughter? I’ve learned to love the kid and I’m still willing to take the responsibility of being her father.

Seunggi: That’s tough, man but that’s not needed anymore. If Jiyoon is not your daughter, I’m sure Yoona knows who her father is.

Jiyong: Why would she do this?

Seunggi: I can’t answer that. Better ask her. Have you talked to her?

Jiyong:  We haven’t seen each other since the day of the test.

Seunggi: Then, I suggest for you to talk to her. Don’t wait for the result, Ji. Settle everything with Yoona.

Jiyong: I guess you’re right. Thanks, Seunggi.

 

Then Jiyong’s phone rang.

 

Seunggi: I’ll go ahead. See you on the next meeting.

 

When Seunggi closed the door, he answered his phone.

 

Jiyong: Yoboseyo? Mr. Park?...I’m at the office right now. Deh. I can meet you there in 15 minutes. …Alright. I’ll see you.

 

 -----

 

Jiyong was surprised that Dara's father asked her to come to their house with the so-called Family meeting. Everyone was again gathered in the study room, all curious of why Mr. Park gathered everyone in the family, except the kids. Dara, Sanghyun, Top, Bom, Jiyong, and Suzy (Sanghyun's girlfriend) were all looking curious. Mrs. Park was also there beside his husband. She looked calm but her eyes were worried. 

 

Dara: Omma, what is this about? 

Mrs.PArk: Let your father tell you the truth, Dara-ya.

Top: Appa, what is this meeting about? I have things to do at the company.

Mr. Park: I've already asked someone to take care of the problems in the company for now. I needed you all to know something me and your omma has been keeping from you. 

Sanghyun: Why do I have a feeling that this isn't going to be a good thing? What is this about?

Mr. Park: Long before we had Dara, your omma and I were having some problems with our marriage. I was too focused on getting the company established and I was being pressured by your grandfather. We were also always having arguments every day. Me, not being able to be a father to Seunghyun and not being a good husband to my wife. I met a woman. She was a business partner and she became a friend who listened to me. She fell in love with me in the long run but I never did. We had a business dinner one night. We drank after. One thing led to another and something happened between us. I woke up beside her but that morning also made me regret everything. I went home to your omma and told her everything. And she forgave me. Everything went well during the next few years. But when I met that woman after a decade, I think, she told me we had a daughter.

 

Everyone froze. Top tightened his grip on the armrest. Bom noticed it and held his hand as a sign of support.  Dara froze, Jiyong held her close. Sanghyun was speechless, Suzy looked at him worriedly but held his hand. He smiled weakly. 

 

Mrs. Park: Go on, yeobo. I'm here.

Mr. Park: I did not believe her. But that daughter showed up .She introduced herself to me just yesterday. She even gave me the result for a DNA test and it was positive.

 

Dara couldn't take it anymore and burst into tears. Top and Sanghyun shut their eyes.

 

Top: So you ed up?

Mrs. Park: Seunghyun, that is no way to talk to your father. Even though he made a mistake, you have to respect him.

Sanghyun: how could you have accepted him easily, omma? He betrayed you! he cheated on you!

Mrs. Park: To say it was easy, is a misconception. It was hard for me and it took all courage to forgive him , but it’s more important for me to have a father to my children and a husband at the end of the day. I love him. 

Mr. Park:  I told your mother everything. I never hid anything from her. And that made our relationship stronger. 

Top: Are you talking to us to tell us this or is there more to what you're telling us? this daughter that you're talking about,where is she? Who is she?

Mr. Park: Im Yoona. She is my daughter. 

 

This time, not only did the siblings were speechless, but also Jiyong. He could not believe what he just heard.

 

Jiyong: I'm sorry, can you say that again?

Mr. Park: Yoona is my daughter. And the real reason why she is messing up with you and Dara is because of me. 

Dara: What do you mean appa?

Mr. Park: She told me she will do everything to hurt you. I ..She heard me disown her before. I couldn't blame her for hating me. But I cannot take it if she hurts you. You’re sisters. She is my daughter and it hurts to see you hurting each other.

Dara: how can she do this? Why does she want to hurt me? Is everything my fault?

Mr. Park: Dara-yah.. Mianhe.. .I'm sorry for all of this. if I didn't mess out, you wouldn't have suffered like this. What is happening to you and Jiyong is entirely because Yoona was envious of you. She thinks that you took everything from her. I'm sorry. I called everyone of you right now, because I wanted to tell you my decision about Yoona.

Sanghyun: What decision is this?

Mr. Park: Me and your Omma, have talked about this. I will be claiming Yoona as my daughter.She deserve to have a father. 

 

Everyone was still silent.

 

Mrs. Park: We are not expecting you kids to accept this right now. But please, try to put yourself in her shoe. 

 

Dara: Put myself in her shoe? If I were her, I would be hurt, yes. That’s a given...But, does she...Does she have to hurt me like this? This is entirely not my fault! I never wanted her to have a lifelike that! I never wished anyone anything bad! But she made my life a living hell! How can you expect me to understand her delusional way of thinking huh, appa?

Mr. Park : Dara-yah, I know this is hard, especially for you but we cannot change anything. This has all happened and I know I’m at fault and believe me when I say I’m sorry but I can never let Yoona feel that I do not want her as my daughter..That’s why...That’s why I and your omma decided to invite her and her omma tonight for dinner.

Top: You have got to be kidding me on this one!

Bom: Oppa, please. Take a seat.

Mrs. Park: Please. This has to stop. Your children are also affected with this feud and this must come to an end. We can settle this during dinner. I’m sure Yoona-ssi and her mom will understand. She is not as bad as you think.

Sanghyun: And has Yoona already agreed on this?

Mr. Park: At first she didn’t.  But, I asked her mother to persuade her. I do not want my daughters to fight with each other. It started with my mistake and I should be the one to end this.

Top: As your eldest son, forgive me on the words that I’m going to use but, if Yoona or her mother lay their hands on any of my siblings, I will not hesitate to kill her with my hands. She has done more than enough damage to Dara than anyone can bare and I won’t let another act of her hurt her again. This has to stop. She has to stop.

 

Dara stiffened and looked at Jiyong. He gave her a warm smile assuring her that everything will be fine. She then looked at Bom and the latter gave her a smile, somehow telling her that Top is still very protective of her even though they are not yet talking to each other.

 

-------

Dara saw Top in the terrace staring at the sky with a glass of wine in his hands. She slowly took small steps to get closer to him. Sensing that someone is behind him, he turned his back to check who it was. When he saw Dara, he looked at her for a while and turned his back again.

 

Top: What do you want?
Dara: I…Oppa. ..I’m sorry.

Top: What are you apologizing for?

 

Dara came closer to him. They didn’t look at each other and just continued staring in the sky.

 

Dara: Do you still remember when I was ten? I was being bullied by some of the kids in the subdivision because I was too skinny and weak. I cried so hard. I wailed my heart out but those kids continued pushing me and insulting me.  One kid pushed me so hard that I fell and my knees bled and you saw that. I can still remember how you shouted and came running towards me. You then beat them up. You told me that you will always protect me. . That I just have to shout your name and my Super Oppa will be there to save the day. After that, I never remembered any moment in my life that you never saved me from danger. You were always there. You even ditched one of your dates before to buy me tamp ons. (Dara giggled and Top gave a small smile. Dara then looked at him and he looked at her. Tears started falling from her eyes and she immediately wiped them away.)

Top: You’re still a cry baby.

Dara: I know. But, oppa…I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I always depend on you and Sanghyun. I’m sorry for being weak. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry.

Top: aisht! This kid!

 

Top hugged Dara.

 

Top: You never have to apologize. Nothing will change kiddo. I will always be here for you no matter what. You are not weak, Dara. But we are human. We have things that weaken us and that’s fine because that’s where me and Sanghyun comes in to fight the battles for you. Fight it with you. Stop crying, dongsaeng. Oppa’s here.

 

Dara then raised her head and looked at him.

 

Dara: What if you’ll get to know Yoona more? I’m no longer your princess anymore.

Top: What are you talking about? You’ll always be my princess!

 

The two giggled not noticing that Sanghyun was just behind the wall observing them.

 

Sanghyun: Such kids. I sometimes wonder if I really am the youngest of us three.

 

He then walked out smiling.

----------

 

The whole table was full of delicious dishes cooked by the most well-known chef in Korea. Although the table was rich and was bountiful, the whole VIP area of the restaurant was filled with silence. And it was not comfortable to any of the people in the area. The door suddenly opened and came in the 2 guests. They sat beside each other on the reserved chair for them. Yoona smirked seeing Dara stare.

 

Yoona: Why, hello there, donsaeng. Aren't you happy to see me?

 

Top hissed.

 

Top: Nobody here is happy to see you.

Yoona :Awwww..How sweet of you to say that, oppa. I'm expecting that. I couldn't be happier.

Mrs. Im: Yoona, stop it.

Yoona: What? I'm just having a very good conversation with my siblings, omma.

 

Mrs. Im just shook her head. Her daughter was really hard headed. Mr. Park then cleared his throat.

 

Mr. Park: Thank you for coming , (Yoona's mom),  Yoona. As what you know, we invited you for dinner you to settle the issues that we have. Not just because of Yoona being my daughter but we will also make sure that we can put an end to the fued that Yoona and Dara is having.

Yoona: Oh please! Like I care.

Mrs.Im: mianhe. mMy daughter clearly isn't herself these days.

 

Top clicked his tongue.

 

Top: clearly, she hasn't been herself for almost all her life.

Mrs. Park: Seunghyun. I'm sorry about that. They are still trying to cope up with this, We just told them this afternoon. Mianhe for their attitude.

 

Mrs. Im just smiled with understanding. Nobody dared to touch the food. Nobody in the room seemed to be hungry. Mr. Park cleared his throat and got everyone’s attention.

 

Mr. Park: So my wife and I have decided to officially introduce Yoona as part of the family in public. We will be introducing her as Park Yoona during the Annual Ball that we held every year.

 

Top: You have got to be kidding me! So she will be the highlight of that party? Appa, how about Dara? We should also announce that she has already returned from the Philippines! Are you forgetting about her now?

 

Yoona hissed.

 

Yoona: Oh please. It’s always about her. What a selfish brat.

Sanghyun: Yoona-ssi ,I do not think you have the right to insult my sister like that. She has always been a princess to us and that will never change even though you are in the picture now. And besides, she deserves the attention and respect that we are giving her. She has always been good to all of us. She has always thought of us and never did she hurt us.

Yoona: Awww…Isn’t that sweet? So, my dear sister, aren’t you going to say something?

Dara: I have nothing to tell you.

Yoona: Oh-kay..What about you my dear Jiyong? How are coping up with everything? How do you feel that you just screwed us both?

Top: Enough!

Bom:Oppa, please calm down. Please sit down.

 

Top sat down as he was forced to do so. Jiyong balled his fist. Dara held it and smiled to him.

 

Dara: Don’t mind her. Remember what appa said, Jiyong. Remember why she is doing this.

 

Jiyong just smiled at her and nodded. He then threw a death glare to Yoona which made the latter smirk.

 

Yoona: This is such a nice site to see. Everyone that made my life miserable is here. Can you feel how happy I am today?

Dara: Yoona, appa is doing his best to make it up to you. And, although we still have something unfinished between the two of us, this will not hinder me from being   good sister to you.

Yoona: Oh c’mon! You’re no fun at all. Where’s that fierce Dara that I knew? Are you scared now? Or are you just playing the Good Samaritan and make me look like a bad person?

Dara: Backing out in a fight doesn’t mean that I’m scared of you. I’m doing this because I do not want to hurt my father and family. I want to end everything now. So please tell us the truth and free us from all the lies that you’ve made.

Yoona: You sure have some guts right there, Dara.

Jiyong: Just tell us the truth, Yoona! Is Jiyoon my daughter?

Yoona: And why would I tell you the truth? Clearly, none of you here deserve to know the truth. Besides, it’s fun playing with your emotions, you know.

Mrs. Park: I think this is enough. We will just let them talk about this once they are calm enough. For now let us not wait for the food to get cold and let us discuss about the Annual Ball.

 

After eating and a few discussions, they all went home. It was just Mrs. Im, Mrs, Park, and Mr. Park who kept on talking. Nobody else seemed to be interested with it other than the three.

 

The hall was full of the most influential people in Korea, partners from foreign countries, and the people closest to their heart. There were bountiful food and the music can be heard from the place and the laughter from the people as well. But although some of them are merry on this day, a few hearts are still aching and just wishes for the day to end.

 

Dara has this smile on her face but it doesn’t reach her eyes. It doesn’t even feel like her smile is a reflection of what her heart feels. She is now with her family hosting the party for Yoona, her sister.  Her siblings protested to come, and surprisingly she didn’t for she knows she’s better than that. She convinced her sibling to join the party for not for Yoona but for their parents. And being the princess for them that she is, Sanghyun and Top joined the party having the same feelings as her.  

 

Yoona was also having the same feeling. Although, she knows that she succeeded in ruining Dara’s life, she felt tired and even though the party was for her, she didn’t feel welcomed at all. All these people greeting her, she knows they are pretending and she knows they are talking about her behind her back. She roamed her eyes around checking if she can find some of her friends in the crowd. Then her eyes landed where Dara and her brothers were. She had a small smile on her face but then it disappeared as she denied the feeling of seeing them talking happily with each other. She was envious. It was clear that her three siblings never really wanted to be in this party but then they are still happy. She was envious of their relationship. She wanted it, too. She wanted to be a part of that family. But, they all hate her. And, she hated herself, too. She felt a hand on her shoulder and glanced on her side. She was taken aback to see a smiling Mrs. Park. Of all people this lady should be upset with her. She was her husband’s walking evidence that he cheated but she took it whole-heartedly.

 

Mrs. Park: Why don’t you join your siblings on the table? I’m sure you’re tired from all these people  trying to talk to you, Yoona.

Yoona: I don’t think they would want me there, Mrs. Park .

Mrs. Park: Omma, Please call me omma.

Yoona: Oh..de---deh, omma.

Mrs. Park gave her a heart-warming smile. It was the second smile from that evening that she felt was true. The first was Mr. Park’s.

Mrs. Park: Give them time, Yoona. Your siblings are just too surprised about this. But, they are good people. In time, they will learn to love you as much as they love each other.

Yoona: I don’t know about that. I wouldn’t even wish for that anymore. After all the things I’ve done, they will never forgive me. Dara won’t and if she doesn’t then those brothers of his won’t. I don’t even understand why you’re so kind to me. I am the walking evidence that your husband cheated on you.

Mrs. Park: Life is too short to dwell on something that had happened in the past. I can no longer change what had happened. The only thing I can do is to accept it and live with it. That way, everyone will be happy. Dara will forgive you, she is just too hurt but she will forgive you. Even Sanghyun and Seunghyun will. Jiyong, well, in time he will be able to forgive you as well. But you have to forgive yourself,dear. Do not leave with regrets every day. 

Yoona :Funny how easy it may sound but very difficult to do.

Mrs. Park: It is difficult but it's the only way to make your life and their lives less difficult. Why don't we go ahead and join them?Kaja.

 

Mrs. Park then took her hand and leed her to where Dara and her brothers were. She can hear them laughing at something. On the table were Jiyong, Dara, Top, Bom, Suzy, and sanghyun. The kids were in the garden playing with other kids as well. They had personal maids for the night. 

 

When Sanghyun noticed them coming,he jerked up and his facial expression changed.

 

Mrs. PArk: Care to have a chat with us,kids?

 

She then seated on the vacant seat and ask Yoona to sit beside her as well. All were silent and were waiting for a brave soul to speak up.

Mrs. Park: Kids, I know that this is hard for all of you but please try to get along. Yoona is now part of the family. I would expect that we will be able to forget about the things that we have said and done to each other. Time heals all wounds.              Dara. I know that this will be most hard for you and Jiyong, but I know you will find it in your heart to forgive Yoona in time.

Dara: deh..Deh omma, I understand. But please give me more time. This is not easy for me and Jiyong especially with what we’ve been through and what we had to put up just to know the truth.

Jiyong: Deh, eomeonim. I cannot promise that I will be able to forgive her\. After all the lies that she fed me, after making me believe that Jiyoon was my daughter and worse, she is the reason why I left Dara on the day that was supposed to be the happiest day for her. I know you understand why I’m still hurting right now. It is not easy to forget all those.

Mrs. Park: I understand. Yoona, would you like to say something?

Yoona tried to look at all of them but when she saw their gaze, she bowed down. She tried to look strong. Why does she feel so guilty with all these?

Mrs. Park: It’s okay if you can’t----

Yoona: I’m sorry.

Everyone froze at what she said.

Top:You’re what?

But before Yoona could speak again, a loud shot was heard from outside that made everyone stop and scream with fear. Everyone from the garden started to run inside. Panic was all over their face. All of them stood up and were alert.

Top: What’s happening?

 

Top asked one of the security officers that were outside.

Officer 1: We heard a gunshot, sir so we immediately asked all of them to come inside.

Officer 2: EVERYONE, PLEASE STAY CALM AND REMAIN INSIDE!

Dara: Ji, Ji…Jisan and the other kids were outside.

Jiyong: Calm down, Dara I’m sure everything will be fine.

But then, the maids that were assigned to the kids were running towards them.

Maid 1:Mr. Kwon! Mr. Kwon, the kids!

Jiyong: What happened?! Where are the kids?!

Maid 2: Sir , Jisan and Jiyoon were taken by those men!

Dara: No…No… no…my son… jiyong where’s my son! Jiyong please tell me my son is okay. Please where is Jisan. Jisan-ah!Where are you , Jisan?!

Yoona: Oh my god! Where is my daughter?! Jiyoon-ah! Tell me you’re kidding! Tell me this is just a prank!

Yoona and Dara were now crying. Sanghyun and Suzy were helping Yoona calm down while Jiyong and Top were helping Dara. Bom hugged his son, she was happy that his son was just with his parents the whole time but felt worried for the other kids.

Jiyong was crying along with Dara and was so worried about Jisan and Jiyoon. Who could’ve done this?

 

 

----

Hi Guys!! I’m sorry for the long wait. I was pretty busy with my work. There have been a lot of confusion on my part with the name and everything and I’m so sorry. I’ll try my best to finish this fic before I start a new one and finish the other fanfic. Please don’t leave me. T.T I’m really busy and I have a lot of things in mind that I forget some details with this story. T.T

 

Take care y’all.