Imprisoned by Decision

All this Time

 

Philippines, 12:30 pm

Top: Yah! Mom and dad wanted you to be here. It’s their 30th wedding anniversary! This is important to them. Can’t you just leave your office for a few weeks? We miss you already. I miss Jisan,too.

Dara: I’m not sure, oppa. I’m busy this week and the next week. I have important clients here.

Top: Cant you leave it with your secretary? Is it more important than us, Dara-yah?

Dara: Oppa, you know, it’s not that. It’s not easy for me.. you know that.

Top: When are you planning to face reality,Dara? It’ been what? More than 5 freakin’ years. Just forget about what happened. It’s all in the past now.

Dara: Oppa, can’t you just fetch Jisan from here? He can come with you. Just bring him back here after a week.

Top: yah!What do you think of your son? A toy?! Dara-yah mom and dad wants you back. Sanghyun’s bringing her girlfriend and he said he wanted us to meet her. I’m pretty sure you can email your secretary with things you wanted to check.

Dara: (sighed)fine. I’ll see what I can do with the schedule that I have.

Top: Good! It’s about time you come back here.

Dara: Oppa, I’m not going back for good. It’s just for mom and dad. Nothing else. This is just for a week.

Top: Aisht! Fine! Fine! Just call me when you’re planning to come home,arasso?

Dara: Arasso, oppa. Annyeong.

Top: Annyeong. Take care,sis. Kiss Jisan for me.

Dara: Neh.

With that,Dara ended the call. She took a seat on her swivel chair. She found herself staring at the picture frame on her desk. It was a picture of his son and her. He’s turning six this year and it has also been almost seven years since she stepped foot on Seoul. After months of sulking from her supposed to be wedding, she picked herself up and decide to live by herself far from the life she had from Seoul. It was her only way to forget and to bury all the pain she felt. It has been almost seven years, but why does it hurt still? Why does it feel like it just happened yesterday? She asked herself. A tear fell from her eye and she immediately wiped it dry, put the picture frame back to where it was and sat straight. Put yourself together, Dara. You can’t afford to be weak anymore. You’ve been through a lot. Don’t waste everything that you have now. She scolded herself.

Mommy!” A cute five year old boy started running towards her as the door opened.

Dara: Hi there, young man. How was your trip to the zoo?

Jisan: It was so fun, mommy! I saw a lot of animals! I even fed the monkeys! I just wish Tomy hyung was also here so we can see and feed the monkeys together. When are they coming back here, mommy? I miss  Seunghyon samchon,too.

Dara: I don’t know, hon. But don’t worry, you’ll see Tomy hyung soon. We will be visiting them next week.Do you want that?

Jisan: Deh, omma! I want that. Are you coming this time?

Dara: Yes, hon. I am. But enough about that. Have you had your lunch?

Jisan: Neh, omma. Papa Hero bought me a lot of food from Jollibee! It was so good! I was so full!

After Jisan mentioned his name, a young man stepped inside her office. He walked towards them.

Hero: Hi(kissed her on the cheek)!

Dara: So you spoilt my son with food and you didn’t bother bring food for me? How sweet of you.

Hero: I’m not that bad, Sandy. I brought you food. Here. I brought your favourite chickenjoy from Jollibee.

Dara: Thank you, Hero. You really are my Hero. I was so hungry.

Hero: I know. I could hear your stomach grumbling from where we were.

Dara:Aisht!I hate you.

Hero: No you don’t.

Dara: fine. I don’t kekeke. Oh. I feel so hungry already. Can I eat this now?

Hero: go ahead. (shifting his attention to Jiwon)Hey big boy, why don’t you ask Lea –ahgassi to bring something to drink for all of us. Please?

Jisan: Yes Papa Hero!(ran towards the door)

Dara: Honey don’t run!Aisht!That kid. What have you been teaching with my son, Hero?

Hero: Nothing. Just things a five year old should learn. Like playing.

Dara just smiled and started eating her meal.

Hero: So ..are you really going back to Seoul?

Dara: Hmmm. Deh. It’s mom and dad’s anniversary and they are forcing me to go.

Hero: Are you sure? Are you ready, Sandy?

Dara: It’s been so long since I’ve last stepped foot in Seoul. I missed a lot of things, especially my old friends. I never stopped thinking about how they are now. I mean ,it wouldn’t hurt to see them ,right?

Hero: There’s the strong-willed woman I know.

Dara: aisht, shut up.kekeke

Hero: But have you thought of ,say ,meeting---

Dara: Don’t even go there. Jisan might hear you.

Hero: Sorry. I was just thinking of possible things that might happen. You know, “what if’s”.

Dara: I don’t want to think about it in anyway. I was wrecked before hoping about those what if’s but I only gained heartaches. I don’t think it’s better to think of it anymore. Let’s stick with what’s here. Whats’ present.

Hero:Well, if you want to prioritize what you have today, you should’ve been married to me.

Dara was dumfounded with this.

Dara:Hero, we’ve talked about this.

Hero: I know but.. not all men are the same. I’ve been with you for so long. Not that I’m complaining but,if you could just give me the chance to prove to you that it’s not too late to get your happy ending with me.

Dara: The last time I did that, I was left standing on the aisle. I was lucky I was able to stand up again... but if it happens again, I don’t know if I can still stand again.

Hero: Hey, I won’t let that happen. I will never do that to you.

Dara: I know. I’m sure of that. I’m just not sure of myself anymore.

Hero: Sandy, I’ve seen you on your worst and I swear that if I’d meet the man behind your misery, I’d kill him then and there. I would serve let that happen again. I swear.

Dara:From all the mistakes I’ve done,I’ve been lucky that I made one of the best decisions having you as a friend and a good dad to Jiwon is already enough reason to spend a lifetime with you. But I could never give my hand in marriage. I know you understand that, Hero and I’m sorry.

 

Hero smiled at her and touched her face.

 

Hero: Hey, you don’t need to apologize .I’ll be waiting for you until whenever. You know that and nothing can change that.

Hero then hugged Dara. Just then, Jiwon entered the room.

Jisan: group hug! I want to join mommy! Papa!

Jisan then launched to the both of them. The three of them just laughed. Dara could never ask for more. She has the best man in the world on her side and the most loving son as well. She never thought she’ll be able to find this kind of happiness right after she was left by the only man she loved. The man she thought that will make her world keep spinning but instead he made it stop turning. She was stuck for moments.. The man who was supposed to make her feel loved every day but just brought tears and misery to her life..she should’ve hated him..but she could never hate him for he brought a lot of lessons for her. Because of him, she had the chance to live her life again. She could never forget the man who taught her how to love .Who was she kidding?She could never forget,Kwon Jiyong.. the only man who owned her heart.

---------------------

Seoul, Korea

 

A man was sitting on his swivel chair and looking at the view that was in front of him. He can't help but recall everything that had happened in his life. He almost had it all. He had the best parents, a loving sister and a goddess-like fiancee but he blew it all. With the one big mistake he made, he almost lost it all. He lost almost all of his friend and the trust of his parents. though he was albe to gain their trusat agian,he lost the most improtant person ih his life.

 

Every night, for almost seven years,he was haunted by her. He can't sleep peacefully. Her face has always been the first thing he sees when he wakes up and the last thing he sees before he goes to sleep. Leaving her behind was the thing that he regretted the most.  He had hurt her when he promised not to. He hated himself for leaving her and for committing such a mistake. If only there was a way for him to let explain to her everything but it was too late. Theey have separate lives now. But ,he can never forget the person that imprisoned his heart..the only woman who owns his heart..the woman he left on their wedding day..Sandara Park.

 

He didn't know how he did it but after a few years, he was able to stand up from the shame he created but he never had another comfortable talk with anyone from the Park Family after that incident. Yes, the business world is small and there are instances that Top and him meet ,especially that Bom and him are married. Bom tried to patch them up but Top didn't hve the heart to forgive him and he completely understood why.

 

He was in the middle contemplating of what was happening in his life when the door of his officce opened.

 

"Appa!" A  little girl wearing a cute dress came running to where he was sitting.

 

Jiyong: Hey ,honey.how is my little princess today?( carried the child and placed her on her lap)

Jiyoon: I'm good ,appa. Omma bought me a lot of things. I have new toys now.

Jiyong: Really? That's good then.

 

A woman walked towards them.

 

Jiyoon: Omma, can I show appa the toys we bought?Please?

Yoona: Baby ,you can show that to appa once we are home. I bet his also tired now.

Jiyoon: Bit I want to show him my new toys.

Yoona: Jiyoon-ah I told you you can do it later. We don't want to mess up appa's office.

Jiyoon: Arasso.Appa can we go home now? I want to play with my new toys now.

Jiyong: Appa still needs to work ,hon. You and omma can go home first.Arasso?

Jiyoon: Arasso,oppa.

Yoona: Are you having dinner with us?

Jiyong: Ani. I'll be with Youngbae and Daesung later this evening.

Yoona: Oh... okay. I thought you'll join us for dinner. I was planning to cook our dinner.

Jiyong: Gina-ssi(referring to Jiyoon's personal nurse) could you take Jiyoon to the car please?

Gina-ssi: Deh. Jiyoon-ah ,let's go to the car. Omma and oppa will just talk.

Jiyoon: Neh. Annyeong, Appa!

 

When Yoona saw Gina and Jiyoon were gone, shellkeed at Jiyong.

 

Yoona: Jiyong, don't you remember what today is?

Jiyong: No. It isn't Jiyoon's birthday ,right?

Yoona: Aniyo. It's our anniversary.

Jiyong: Are you trying to make me laugh, Yoona?Anniversary? We're not even married. I'm with you because of of Jiyoon.

Yoona: Ji---

Jiyong: Don't ask too much from me .Don't expect too much.I'm already your prisoner.

Yoona: Jiyong, why are you donig this to me? Is it my fault that you got me knocked a month before your supposed to be wedding----

Jiyong: Don't even go there!

Yoona: I'm...I'm sorry.

Jiyong: Look, you should be thankful that I am here with you. I am already your prisoner.This is already enough payment from what I have done to you. Don't ask and expect for anything more. It was your fault in the first place. You fooled me. You tricked me.

Yoona: Ji--

Jiyong: Get out of here. Leave. It's been almost seven years, Yoona. Seeing you everyday never failed to remind me of the pain that I cause to Dara. I could never forgive myself. I could never forgive you.

 

Jiyong then turned his back to Yoona. Yoona then wiped her tears and walked out of the office. Hearing the door close, Jiyong let out a sigh, I'm sorry, Dara. Wherever you are right now, I hope you're not living miserably like me. Hot tears started to fall from hi eyes as he started reminiscing what they had.. what could've been...what should've been.

 

------------------------------------------

 I'm working on Chapter 11 .kekeke