Minus Menace

All this Time

Minho took Dara home after their dinner. The dinner went well and Dara felt like a princess since Minho treated her like one. She knew before that Minho was a good guy , that why she liked him in the firdt place, but she never expected him to be that caring and sweet. She's not the kind of girl that easily warms up with a person, especially guys, but she already feels comfortable with him. Maybe he really is he one for him but there is something inside her that she just can't seem to point out. There's something missing.

 

She just arrived at home. She closed the main door and leaned on it,closing her eyes and smiling. The best day so far, she thought. Her heavenly feeling then got interuppted by a very familiar voice, She looked at the man with creased forehead. She raised her left brow in response. Se was about to walk pass through the tall man he called brother when he started talking.

 

Top: Where do you think you're going? Did I tell you to go to your room?

Dara: Well, I took the liberty of going upstairs since you were just staring at me like a criminal.

Top: And where have you been, young lady? It's past your curfew. Have you had dinner?

Dara: Neh! The best dinner with the best person.!

Top: Moa?! So I am no longer the best person for you?! How could you?!

Dara: (hugs Top and kisses him on the cheek) Of course you still are, oppa. You and Sanghyun are still the best for me. You two are my brothers for goodness sake!

Top: Good to now. So who is this "best person" you're referring to ?

Dara: I couldn't believe it , oppa! minho-oppa jusst asked me to be his date for this coming Ball!

Top: Since when did you have interest for those kind of things?

Dara: Are you referring to the Ball or Minho oppa?

Top: Both. Wait! Di--did you just call her OPPA?!

Dara: Neh, I did.

Top: What the~~! Why are you calling him Oppa?!

Dara: Uhm---because he's older? Duh? Has your brain left your body, oppa?

Top: Oh shut it you brat! You don't even call Youngbae and Jiyong "oppa" when there the same age with that Minho -guy.

Dara: Eh?And why would I call them "oppa"?!

Top: And Why would you call Minho "oppa"?!

Dara: Aisht! I swear having you as an older brother is wring! I think mom and dad lie! I think I'm the one older !

Top: What do you mean by that?! That I'm immature?!

Dara: I'm not the one who said the word. Goodnight OPPA!!!

 

Dara ran through the stairs and immediately locked her room's door. Top could be so chlidish some times. She just shook her head and went to the bathroom to get ready to sleep.

 

----------------------------------------

Jiyong ,on the other hand, was watching a movie at their house. He was staring at the huge TV screen but his mind was so not focused. Shooing Dara's suitor was fun for me and was easy .But when he saw Minho, he got threathened. He was in the middle of deep thinking when someone slapped the back of his head bringing him back to the world.

 Jiyong: Yah! Such a sadist!What do you want , Noona?

Bom: Is that how you greet me now, punk?! I swear I'm going to tell Dara that you really are an **bleep**!

 

Jiyong just turned his head again to face the TV . Bom got shocked. Usually when he teases his cousin about her best friend, he begs him not to do bad mouth about him. This has got to  be the most strange day on Earth!

Bom took a seat beside Jiyong andbumped her shoulders to his. Jiyong just clicked his mouth and looked so pitiful.

Bom: Oh c'mon ,Ji! Stop sulking and talk to me.

Jiyong: Why would I?

Bom: Becaaaauussssee- when it comes to Dara, I am the best person that you can talk to . AND you know that.

 

Jiyong released a sigh and started telling Bom what happened.

Bom: That brat! She didn't tell me she when to CL's bakeshop! I've missed all the cakes! i will kill that rabbit!!!! waaahhhh!!!my ckes! my precious precious cakes!

Jiyong: Yah! I thought I can talk to you seriously. Aisht! i shouldn't have told you. You' re no help.

Bom: Look, Ji. All of this is your fault. If you just tell Dara the truth she should've been nice and who knows? You both could've have been a couple! But no. You chose to be an **bleep** and just continued scaring all the guys that tried to woo Dara. You're hiding from them so obviously...IT'S YOUR FAULT!

Jiyong: I just don't want her to reject me.

Bom: Well, If I were her, rejection is such an understatement. You did a lot of crap and you always annoy the **bleep** outta her! But if you show her the cute you jut like how you really are..I'm sure she'll kill all your fangirls!

Jiyong: You really sure about that, noona?

Bom: Sure as you are with her, Ji!

Jiyong: But if I do that, my fan girls might multiply.....

Bom: Aisht! You're stupid ego is back. Don't ever lose your confidence. So not like you.I'll go to bad, dragon.Good night. Mwuah!

Jiyong:Good night corn monster! and uh- noona...Thanks.

Bom: Aisht! you're so cute!

 

Jiyong just smiled at the childishness of his cousin. She sure can talk him out of his senses. And a bright idea came up to him. Why didn't he think of it before.

-------------------------------------

Jiyong is never good in showing his true self especially to the girl she’s in love with. She only thinks that he lives to annoy the crap out of her. He was already lying on his bed crazily smiling to himself thinking of how she would react to the sudden changes. To him he felt light-headed. Finally he’s taking his chances. Of course fear is there; the fear of being rejected. Yes he can get any girl he wants without pulling off any sweat on his forehead. But Dara is different. She is different from the very first time he saw her when Top invited them to their house to after they won the championship game when he was just a junior. Top was the captain of the basketball team and he was next in line. Dara was young then. She was a second year and he was one of the hottest juniors along with their other friends. But every single day after he saw her, he asked Top if he could stay at his place. At first it was just fine with Top and thought that Jiyong just wanted to chill out but he noticed his secret stares to his sister. Yup, you got it right. Right before Jiyong knew about his feelings, Top was the one who knew it first and even knocks him through his senses.

It was hell for Jiyong. Top made him do stupid things like doing house chores. From cooking to washing Top’s clothes and undies! Top said that if Jiyong wanted to get Dara, he should earn his trust first. And he did.. the hard way, though. But Jiyong doesn’t have to do it actually. Top knew Jiyong was serious with his sister even though he knew Jiyong was the playboy type. He knew how the guy truly loves his sister. He was sure ever since he saw how the guy stole glances to his sister. But of course he wouldn’t tell Jiyong that! He’ll kill himself for crying out loud!

For almost every day, Jiyong continued to “hang out” at Top’s house. He saw how Dara grew to become a beautiful lady and his love for her grew even more day by day. But Dara took it the wrong way. He found Jiyong annoying and and even called him. Dara keep giving him death glares always which he found so cute and harmless. That gave him excitement even more. No matter what he does, Dara always scowls at him. Thinking that that he could never talk to the girl and have a normal conversation, he stuck to his plan. Lame, indeed. But that was the only time Dara would talk to him so he accepted it whole-heartedly. He let out a small chuckle and thought that he really got it bad.

Then he remembered the night when Dara turned 18. It was just last year. Dara was at her second year in college and he was on his third. Dara was throwing a small party because she was never a fan of fancy parties. He called every god he knew that time just for Dara to invite him. Finally realizing that there’s nothing he can do, he asked the only person that can help him with it. Top. After a few arguments with Dara, Top managed to get Jiyong to the party. But that isn’t for free, though. Top then had his new addidas shoes after that.

During the party, Jiyong was awfully silent. Top even thought he was going mute. But he was just avoiding opening his mouth knowing that Dara might just get pissed and end up throwing him out. He waited for everyone to go home and have his time and yes, folks! He sure did. He saw Dara sitting at the swing right at their garden. She was closing her eyes as the wind touched her flawless skin. His knees shaken a bit and he wanted to back out. But he put himself together and sat beside the swing on Dara’s side. Dara opened her eyes sensing that someone is with her. She looked at him and had a questioning look. He gave him a warm and sweet smile. She gave him a shy smile.

 

Jiyong: Happy birthday, Dara.

Dara: Kamsahamnida, Jiyong.

Jiyong. I know you didn’t what to invite me but I just want to be here on your special day. I just want to make everything right.

Dara: what are you talking about?

Jiyong: i know we’ve started in the wrong foot and it’s kinda my fault, but I hope you can give me another chance to show you what you really mean to me.(got something out of his pocket) Here, this is my gift to you. It looks ordinary but I have something engraved on it.

Dara took the ring and scrutinized it like it was a very mysterious thing. Then she saw something written on the inside part of the ring but before she could read what it was, Jiyong took it again.

Dara: you’re giving me a gift but you’re taking it back. Some punk you are.

Jiyong laughed and got something out of his other pocket. It was a necklace without a pendant. He then inserted the ring and made it as the pendant . He handed it to Dara again.

Dara: A ring is for the finger, you dummy.

Jiyong: I know but you shouldn’t wear it on your finger. At least, not yet.

Dara: Eh?!What is wrong with you?

Jiyong: In the right time, Dara, you’ll know. You’re not yet ready.

Dara: You are such a confusing guy! I can’t believe I’m even here with you.

Dara stood up from the swing and was about to get inside the house when Jiyong held her wrist. She twisted and ended up facing Jiyong. She looked up to Jiyong. She didn’t see any naughtiness in his eyes but he saw different emotions. Emotions she never knew the guy was capable of feeling. She saw something she can’t just figure out. But she knew that what he was about to come out of his mouth is true. She was so busy looking him through his eyes and before she can speak a word, he took his lips and clashed it with hers. She closed her eyes and didn’t know what she was feeling but she knew her heart liked it. She was so lost and was back to reality when Jiyong parted his lips with hers. He looked her through the eyes.

Jiyong: I’m sorry. I just couldn’t resist it anymore. I will be a better man, Dara. For you, I will be the best of everything. And when we’re both ready, I’ll promise I’ll be the first and last man that will be worthy of your heart. I will never allow any man to be near you. I will do everything to get their hands off you. You’re mine,Dara. You will never have a boyfriend not unless it’s me. But please understand me. You just don’t know how much I wanted to kiss you every single time the clock ticks. But I’m not yet ready and so are you. Please wait for me. Please be patient and wait for the right time.

And before Dara could rant to him, He took her lips again and after a few minutes he walked away.

The day after that, Jiyong still continues to annoy Dara. When he sense that Dara was about to ask him about what happened, he does something to annoy her, distracting her little mind.

What happened after that? Well, nothing much, except that Dara has been getting a lot of attention from guys from school. But then again, he’s not Kwon Jiyong for nothing. Once a guy asks Dara for lunch or confesses to her, he puts them into his “Who to Kill” list. After class, Jiyong, Top, Youngbaae, Daesung, and Seungri waits for the poor guy out side campus and scare the hell out of the man! Threatening him not to get near Dara or ask her out again or else he’ll be digging his own grave.

Pretty much like a child, huh? But Jiyong was just keeping a promise from an innocent rabbit. If not him,at least he wanted a good man to take care of her. But he couldn’t do this anymore because of that Lee Minho guy. This time, he’ll play fair and that rabbit better prepare herself.

Jiyong knew that he still wasn’t ready yet. But if taking chances mean getting Dara, then screw everything. He will start doing it the right way. He will give Dara everything, even the universe for she deserves it. He was scared to death to lose her. Tomorrow is the day that everything between them changes and he can’t just wait.