BEAT THEM OR JOIN THEM?

All this Time

It has been 3 days now since Jiyong confessed to Dara. The guy has been amazingly consistent with showing Dara that he is serious . There are still other men pursuing her and other girls are still following Jiyong keeps shooing them around. Dara had the chance to know Jiyong more. He's still the same annoying kid that he knew but now she was able to understand him and surprisingly like him. Jiyong, on the other hdand, knew more about Dara and day by day he begins to fall deeper. He still gets annoyed with all those fan boys that are trying to get Dara's attention but he tries to control his temper and just trust himself that her will someday be Dara's boyfriend.

 

Jiyong has been extra busy these past few days,well, actually, everyone from the Basketball team has been busy.Semis for the InterCollege is this Friday night and everyone in school has been preparing for it. Even Chaerin, who happens to be the Captain of the Cheering Squad.She's a seond year and the youngest Captain, Minzy is also on the team, Both of them are busy as well. Bom is the only one she sees everyday since she usually sees Bom doing practice.

 

 Dara was seating below the Oak tree  and was staring at the lake ,She has the sketchbook on her lap. Dara loves to draw. Ever since she was young ,she loved to draw. She never attended any workshops or any schools to improve the skill, she just improved naturally. She was  in the middle of sketching a person when she stopped and stared at the lake in fron of her. She was in deep thought when she felt someone sitting beside her. She looked at her side and smiled when she knew who it was.

 

Dara: What are ou doing here, Bommie?

Bom: I was looking for you(sat beside Dara and when she noticed the sketchbook ,she took a glimpse of it but wasn't able to see what it was because Daara immediately grabbed it)Yah!What was that about?1 Let me see!

Dara: No way. You're a blabbernouth. Besides it's not yet done, anyway.

Bom: Hey! I'm not a blabbermouth, you rabbit! Just show me! I wanna see!(pouts)

Dara: Asiht! Fine ! but promise me you won;t laught and don't ever tell anyone about this or else I'll steal all your corns!

Bom: You can trust me, rabbit!

Dara: fine.

 

Dara showed her her skectchbook.

Bom: Wow! This is good! You are so talented ,Dara-ah! But ...wait,,,this is.. waith..it's ..its! OMO! It's~~1

Dara covered Bom's mouth

Dara: Aisht! Shut up corn monster! I know who it is! You don;t have to shove it on my face.

Bom: Aigoo, Dara-ah, I didn't know that you that you had thi side in you. But you're REALLY good! Can you do this for me next time?Please?

Dara: Fine. Just keep your mouth shut.

Bom: Chincha? Chincha.

Dara: Neh.

Bom: Assa! Komawo Dara-yah! Saranghae!

Dara: Whatever Bom. Don't you have class?

Bom: No. Don't have one. Everyone's busy .Including the professors. Yuo know about the game this Friday,right?Everybody thinks it's the most important game . It's the semis and whichever team wins will advanced to the finals. Imagine the pressure the Basketball team has now.

Dara: Yeah, I mean Top-oppa always comes home late and I can't even see him in the morning. When I wake up ,he's already gone. I'm worried. I sneaked in last night and I found him lying flat on his be.d He's still waring his jersey. He looked so tired.

Bom: Oh? I also saw Jiyong in that state as well. Poor cousin. He's feels so pressured as well. Yah ,Dara-ah. JUst be Jiyong's girlfriedn alreadty so one burden will be lifted.

Dara: You're really one crazy corn ,Bom. It's not that easy.

Bom: I know .I 'm just kidding. I was just pushing my luck.kekeke. But , you know the kid loves you ,right?

Dara: Neh.  I'm jsut not that sure with what I feel .But I know I like him.

Bom: Don't rush your self,Dara. Jiyong has waited for a long time . I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind waiting for a few more days or months....or years.

Dara: Yah! Bommie! Asiht!

Bom: I was kidding! Chill!

Dara: Asiht!

Bom: by the way, are you watching the game this Friday?

Dara:I'm not sure. Nobody invited me to come.

Bom: Are you deaf or something? I just did seconds ago. Besides,you don;t need an invitation. You're a student of the university so you can watch the game without anyone's invitation. Jiyong will be inspired to see you.keke

Dara:I don;t know Bommie. We haven't seen each other . He's kind a busy these days because of practice.

Bom:Do you want to see him?

Dara: What do you mean?

Bom: Asiht! Juat answer me!!

Dara: Well, sort of.

 

Bom: Then what are we waiting for! Let's go.

 Bom dragged Dara.

Dara: Where are we going, Bommie?

Bom: At the gym. We are going to see Jiyong and the otherguys practice.

Dara stopped.

Dara: No way!

Bom: Why not?! Do you want those other girls lurk on your brother and on my cousin?

Dara: Well, um...no..

Bom: Then let's go! Chaerin and Minzy are at the gym as well , Let's go!

 

Dara was dragged by Bom on their to way to the gym.

 --------------------------

 After 3 minutes of pushing and pulling, Bom and Dara arrived at the gym. They stood at the front door. other students were shouting and cheering while the team were doing a practice game. It was not the real game but the support of the other students were overwhelming. People were shouting and cheering all the members of the team. There are banners for the team and for the individual members. Bom and Dara entered the gym. They went to where Minzy and Chaerin were. Dara continued watching Top and Jiyong togerther with their other friends play.

 

It was clear on their faces that they are tired but determination was seen on thier eyes. They were burning. Even for a practice game she felt the passion the boys had. She knew by just looking at their eyes that they wanted to win. They even were very oblivious of  the screams around them.

 

After the 30 minutes, thegame ended . All the people that were watching stood up and clapped their hands. That was when Dara noticed the boys was back on their trance. They were now aware what is sorrounding them.

 

Them a group of fangirls surrounded the boys, mainly Jiyong ,Taeyang, Seungri, Daesung and Top. From the looks of it, Dara knew the boys were used to the attention.

 

Chaerin: Unnie! What are standing there?! those girls are ganging up on Jiyong-oppa! Pali! it looks like there going to eat him already!Stop them!

Dara: What are you talking about? Just let them be, Chae. I don't have the right to stop them.

Minzy: Aisht! Unnie, you're so shy. Fight for what us yours!

Dara: Eh? Jiyong is not mine, Mingki.

Bom: Aisht! This girl! Really! Do you really want me to lose my patience! Fine! You leave me with no choice then!

Bom turned her back to the girls and faced where the boys are.

Bom:YAH!!!!!KWON JIYONG! DARA IS HERE TO SEE YOU! GET YOUR HERE! FAST! I MEAN IT, KWON!

 

 Right then and there, everyonr, turned their head from wear the girls are. Chaerin andf Minzy was laughing so hard while Dara felt so embarrased.

Dara: Aisht! Does she had to do that?!

Minzy: We're your friends ,unnie. We will do everything you can't but you wanted to do .kekeke

Dara: Hide me.aish.So embarassing.

 

When Jiyong turned his head to where he heard Bom's loud voice, he saw Dara hiding behind the girls. Immediately, his smile grew wider.

 

Jiyong shooed the fangirls and went to where the girsl were at. He went ot where Dara was.She had here head bowed down so Jiyong had to lift her chin. When she met her eyes, he gave her a wide smile.

Jiyong: Annyeong. :)

Dara: An-yeong..

Jiyong: you really came here to see me?

Dara: ne-neh.

Jiyong: aisht! You're so cute when you're shy(pinched Dara's cheek)

Jiyong was showing his gummy smile. All of their friends knew that Jiyong was genuinely happy. They were happy of how the two of them also turned out to be.

 

Dara notice that Jiyong was still in his jersey with all the sweat on streaming down his face to his neck. She creased her head amd took the towel that was around his neck and started wiping the sweat on his face.

 

Dara: Aisht! You're sweating all over. There's sweat on your face. tsik.

 

The girls just left the both of them while grinning. they went to the other boys who were also observing the two.

 

Jiyong was just staring at Dara,not being ble to believe that she was wiping his sweat . He dreamed about it before and it felt even better when it came to reality. He smiled again. He grabbed Dara's wrist making Dara stop from what she was doing. She looked up to him with a questioning look.

 

Dara:Are you okay, Jiyong-ah?

Jiyong: Neh. Never been better. But something isn't really feelnig relaxed right now.

Dara: Eh?

Jiyong brought her hands to where his heart is at.

Jiyong: This is in panic, Dara-ah. It won't calm down because of you.

 

Dara blushed and stared on the floor after grabbing her hands. What was she doing?! She disn't know why she did that. Jiyong blushed as well knowing how sweet was those words were,. He ruffled his hair, which was a sign that he felt shy.

 

Jiyong: Uhm... Are you hungry?

Dara: uhm.. sort of.

Jiyong: The boys and I will just freshen up.  We'll all go to dinner with them ,neh?

Dara: Neh.

Jiyong: Great!I'll meet you outside then.

-------------------------------

 

The boys were already on the Gym's locker freshening up while the girls waited outside the gym. They all sat down on the bench just near the gym's entrance. They are all going out for dinner. When everyone heard Jiyong invite Dara for dinner a while back, they knew they couldn't miss it, so they invited themselves.

 

The girls were happily chatting when someone went to where they were sitting at.

 

Dara: Oh, Minho-oppa! Nice practice game!

Minho: Komawo, but I know you were there to watch someone else and not me. kekeke

Dara: Ani.I came because I wanted to see all of you.

Minho: You're still denying even when you're already caught.

Dara: Aisht! I hate you ,oppa!

Minho: You don't really mean that, do you?

Dara: Sort of.kekeke

Minho:Aisht. You're such a kid. By the way, can I talk to you for a sec?

Dara: Eh? We're already talking.

Bom: Pabo. He meant talk to you alone.

Dara:eh? Why?

Chaerin: Aisht! You're so densed ,unnie. Just talk to him.We'll call you once the boys are here.

Dara: Fine.

 

Dara  and Minho walked farther from where the girls are at.

 

Dara: What do you want to talk about ,Minho-oppa?

Minho: You've been quite close to Jiyong these days.

Dara: Neh. He's changed , though. Or maybe I jsut came  to know the real him.

Minho: Do you like him,Dara-yah?

Dara: I do.

Minho: Do you love him?

Dara: Eh?

Minho: I thought so. keke

Dara:Why are you asking me that, oppa?

Minho:I just want to knowthat I can still put a good fight.

Dara: What do you mean?

Minho: I'm not giving up, Dara.

Dara: You're confusing me.

Minho: I'm not giving up. I'll put up a good fight for your heart. I know Jiyong loves you but I do to.

Dara: Oppa.. I..

Minho: Please..Just give me a chance to prove  to you that you're important to me.

 

Dara couldn't speak. The man that he's been crushing on just confessed to him. He had hidden feeling s for Jiyong but Minho is a different story. Dara had admired him from the start but she isn't sure if what she's feeling is just pure admiration. Aigoo! What's a pretty girl to do?

 

Minho: Dara? You spaced out again.

Dara: Aigoo. I'm sorry, oppa. I was just...

Minho: Thinking?

Dara: Neh. You understand me, right?

Minho: Neh. I do. But ypu understand me ,too if I decide to show you that I'm telling you the truth, right?

Dara: Neh.

Minho: Great! I won't give up, Dara!

Dara: aisht! Sometimes I don't know if you're younger or older than me.

 

Minho and Dara were laughing . The boys just got out from the gym talking to each other while making their wsy to the girls. When they arrived....

Jiyong: Where's Dara?

Minzy: There. Minho-oppa just wanted to have a private talk with him.

Jiyong: Eh? Why do they have yo be so far from you? Is it that private that they have to go far from you?

Bom: Tsik. Don't be so jealous, my dear donsaeng.

Jiyong: tsik. We're not yet together and she's cheating already

Top: (smacked Jiyong's head) Yah! Pabo! She's not cheating and that's my sister we're talking about here.

Jiyong: Tsik. Just call her so we can go.

Chaerin: No need, oppa. they're on their way back here.

Jiyong: THEY?!

Bom: YAH! Don't shout ,pabo!

 

Dara: Hi guys! You wouldn't  mind if Minho-oppa ill join us for dinner. Would you?

Everyone eyed Jiyong.

Seungri: We don't mind ,noona.

Jiyong: I do.

Bom smacked JIyong's head.

Jiyong: Yah! Noona, why did you do that!?

Bom: aisht! You jealous dragon! We weren't raised this way. Afraid of a little competition, eh?

Jiyong: What?! Hell, no! aisht! Fine! Fine!

 

Everyone laughed. Except Dara who remained clueless about why they were laughing and Jiyong who alsot spit fire to Minho.

 

Jiiyong thought the dinner would be great but he lost his appetite when they were already on the restaurant. Dara was sitting in between him And Minho. The two were happily chatting like everyone else's Jiyong was just playing with his food. Dara was eyeing Jiyong. He was talking to Minho most  of the time but she keeps checking on Jiyong. 'He's not touching his food', she thought. She thought Jiyong was just tired because he had been quiet since they arrived  Minho was talking to the others and she took this chance to talk to Jiyong.She nudged his shoulder getting his attention. He looked at her ,pouting. Dara found it so cute that she couldn't smile and laugh a little. Jiyong creased his forehead.

Jiyong: What are you laughing about? having so much fun with our prince?

Dara: Ani. You're cute when you do that.

Jiyong: Do what?

Dara: Nothing. Why aren't you touching you're food, Ji? Are you tired? 

Jiyong: I'm touching it. See?(playing with food)

Dara: Aisht! that;s not what I meant,stupid. Why aren't you eating it? Don't you like the food? Why did you order it if you don't like it?

Jiyong: Just don't want to eat it.

Dara: What's wrong? Are you sick? tired?

Jiyong: No.

Dara: Eat, ji. You need to eat. Here. (took a piece of the steak she had on her plate)

Jiyong: I still have food.You eat. You're too thin. Wind might take you away.

Dara: Aisht, shut it . Just eat. Do you want me to feed you?

Jiyong: Eh? Are you serious?

Dara: Neh. I am.

Jiyong smiled and nodded happily.

Dara took his plate and started feeding Jiyong. this caught everyone's attention. Top knew his sister was already falling for Jiyong. She doesn't needs to tell him that, he knows it He's her big brother after all. Everyone jsut let them be.  They knew Jiyong was in the mood again. Silly .Just like a kid .

When dinner was over ,everyone went home.

 ---------------------------------

 

Dara woke up at 5am to take a jog on the village. She was wearing her usual pair of jogging outfit, pink shorts, pink hoddie and pink adiddas running shoes. She has her ipod attached to get wrist with its holder while listening to her favorite songs. After an hour,she went to back  to their house. She still had her Hello Kitty headd phones on her ears when she opened the door to their house. Their Butler, Mr . Lee, opened the door for her.She took off the headphones and greeted Mr. Lee.

 

Dara: Good morning, Butler Lee! How's your morning so far?

Mr.Lee: It's quite good, Miss. How was your morning jog?

Dara: It was good. Refreshing if I may add.Is Top-oppa around now?

Mr.Lee: Yes, little Miss .He's at the kitchen eating breakfast..

Dara:Oh. I'll go ahead then. I missed eating with him.kekeke

 

Dara went to the kitchen, she heard a lot of noise and it keeps getting louder and louder when she keeps nearing the door. when she arrived, the dinner table was in chaos. Top,Daesung, Seugri, Youngbae, and Jiyong are eating breakfast. They were still wearing their jersey . They were laughing with some stuff they were talking about. Jiyong ,Youngbae, are facing their back. beside Top  was Seungri and Daesung facing Jiyong andYoungbae.

Seungri had food on his mouth and was laughing so hard when she saw Dara beside the kitchen door.He stared at Dara,without blinking, with his mouth hanging wide open.

 

Seungri:Da-Dara noona?!

The other boys looked at her. And they were having the same reaction with Seungri.

Top:Ya-yah! Where have you been?

Dara: jogging.

Jiyong: What the hell are you wearing  and..and ..you're sweating! Aisht!

Dara: Of course I am. I went jogging you idiot. Do I look that bad?

Seungri: Aniyo, noona. You look so y! You should wear those types of clothes often!

Daesung smacked Seungri and whispered to Seungri : Do you want to die ,maknae?!

Dara: What's wriong with what I'm wearing. Everyone, wears these when they jog.

Jiyong: can you please change clothes before you eat?! you're disctracting me.

Dara: Eh? But I'm hungry.

Youngbae: Just follow Jiyong ,Dara. It's for the best.

Dara:But I ..

Top: Dara-ah. Just change.

Dara: Pft. Whatever.

 

Dara left. Sometimes she just can't understand Top and the other boys.

At the kitchen....

Jiyong: Yah! rat! Do you want to die!? Why did you say that?

Seungri: I'm sorry,hyung. But noona was really cute and y wearing that litlle outfit!

Jiyong : Shut up!

Seungri:Sorry. I was just telling the truth.

 Jiyong: Yah! Hyung! Why are allowing her to wear something like that! guys will follow her around! Why didn't you tell me she went jogging! Aisht! I swear if I find guys ogling around her, I'll poke their eyes out!

Top: Yah!So I'm going to report to you now, Kown?! Why are you shouting at me! I didn't know that she went out this morning! Is it my fault that we have perfect genes?

 

---------------------------

The boys are still  at Top's house, This time , they were watching a movie. Dara just finished bathing and went down immediately .

Dara: Top-oppa , I'm going out!!! Bye!

Top: Hold up! Where are you going!

Dara: out with the girls! We're going shopping. They said we're going clubbing tonight and they want to buy me a dress .It's my first time to go clubbing.Kyah! an you believe it?! Finally!

Top:And who said you can? I'm not allowing you,young lady!

 

Jiyong jumped off of his sit and went to where Dara and Top were talking.

Jiyong: Yah! you're not going to any clubs! It's dangerous!

Dara: Asiht! What are you saying? I'm old  enough to have a baby already!

Jiyong and Top: Mwo--Mwo!

Top: Yah! Dara-yah! What are you saying!

Jiyong: If you wanted to have a baby, Why didn't tell me early! we can make one!

Top: Yah! what are you saying?! I can still here you , stupid!

Dara: Aisht! Stop it you two blabbermouth! I was just using it as an idiom. I'm going clubbing and you two can 't do anything about it! Annyeong!

 

Top: Yah! Come back here young-lady! yah!

Jiyong: Aigoo! What to do ! What to do!

Daesung: Well hyung...You know what they always say, if you can beat them, join them.kekeke

Seungri: Assa! We're going clubbing tonight!

 

 

Join them That a pretty good idea, ain't it?